Forum Jump: 
 136Likes

Old 06-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 945
^ Guys, you've made your point. Take it easy.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2014, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Nested quotes are off for now. Resources will shift to other items needing attention. Please use multi-quote when needed.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the AVS Club and help support the site. Help Support AVS Forum Sponsors.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Much thanks!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
I am having a ton of issues with Tapatalk not displaying quoted posts correctly. As a matter of fact, on the whole, the forum upgrade is an abomination thus far...
I though you might want to know that you're not alone in the Tapatalk world on this forum and of this posting 2037 members online now

25% are using Tapatalk according to the Who's Online > Location column

And from what I've been reading here there and yon, there is a REAL focus on getting the tires back on mobility. So hang in there!!
Old 06-16-2014, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark12547 View Post
Quotes do look a whole lot better when there is a box around each quote. This is an example from one phpBB that I frequent (with names blanked out):

Notice both the boarder and the use of a different shade to make each quote in the nested quote stand out.
i like this way of putting quotes best. it is good readable like this.

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz
center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz
sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz
rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz
Yamaha RX-A3040, YST-SW800 Sub 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz / SVS PB13-Ultra 1000W 14-200hz
Audioquest 1.6mm wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV+evo 2014 / Sony Playstation 3/ AC PlayonHD2
Old 06-16-2014, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Thumbs down

So far I am hating this. I can't find a way to see threads I have posted in listed with an indication that there have been new posts since my last visit. It used to be accessible on the last version by simply clicking on my username. Not working now.

TV - Panasonic 58PZ700U plasma
L/R - Ascend Sierra Towers with RAAL Tweets in piano black
C - Ascend Sierra Horizon with RAAL Tweet in piano black
Surr - Polk Fxi-A6
Sub - SVS PC-13 Ultra
AVR - Denon 4520-CI
Blu-ray - OPPO 103
Comcast Set Top Box
Old 06-16-2014, 09:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Hi all,

On my ipod and ipad, I'm not getting consistent behavior when clicking on a subscribed thread. Sometimes it will take me to the last unread post correctly. Other times it takes me to the top of the last page and I have to scroll and remember where I left off.

Are others seeing this?
Old 06-16-2014, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbeef View Post
I can't find a way to see threads I have posted in listed with an indication that there have been new posts since my last visit.
For me it's as simple as the ones with bold titles have unread posts.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbeef View Post
So far I am hating this. I can't find a way to see threads I have posted in listed with an indication that there have been new posts since my last visit. It used to be accessible on the last version by simply clicking on my username. Not working now.
If instead of threads you have posted in you are willing to look at threads you have subscribed to (and posting to a thread automatically subscribes you to that thread), there is a very easy way to tell:

Click on the "User CP" at the top of the screen. That will take you to the "User Control Panel" that includes a list of subscribed threads that has new messages, e.g.,

In the above example, I have one thread I had subscribed to that has new messages. To get to the first new message in that thread, all I have to do is click on the "v" that is in front of the title of the thread, right here:

A second way to subscribe to threads (which I do when I think I am interested in a thread is, when viewing the thread, I scroll up to the top and click on the "Thread Tools" and click on "Subscribe to this thread". (If you are already subscribed to the thread, this is changed to allow you to "Unsubscribe from this thread.")

I hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New_in_subscribed_posts.GIF
Views:	330
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	121858   Click image for larger version

Name:	v_New_in_subscribed_posts.GIF
Views:	335
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	121874  
Woobieizer and sourbeef like this.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Blu-ray players (Sony BDP-S3100, old LG BD390), Roku (the original model: N1000), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (25Mbps/5Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Starter Package), DVD/VHS player.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 84
How bout just copy everything the old version had?! I'm sure there are a select few that still have access, or at least can look at the old format. Issues with the quoting system, the posting photos, the subscription confusions, the mobile version etc etc etc......just copy the huddler version! It doesn't have to look the same......just make it work the same. The huddler version worked so good, and was easy to use, even for noobs. I know this is a different platform but I'm sure it can offer the same options.

I have been a very active poster/lurker (mostly lurker reading and learning) for the last year and a half, I would say at least 2 hours a day. Since the change that has dropped significantly, and really I only log on to see the improvements. Although it has improved quite a bit, it's still does not feel the same.

I have a build thread that I was just about to update (before the change) with probably 15 pictures and a bunch of explanation.......now i don't feel like doing it. Seems to be too much if a hassle to learn how to post pictures, and once I do learn....actually posting that many pictures. I am not very savvy on the computer but the huddler version was easy, for even me to use, this vbulletin version is confusing at best. Come on.......you have to click on a tiny little arrow to see the most recent post in a subscribed thread! If someone where to join this forum after the dust settles from this change, and not be part of this learning curve, how would they know what that little arrow does?

Just go back to the huddler version and COPY what they did. Just make it work the same, and make it simple.

Rant over!
Old 06-17-2014, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 271
It says I have 7 subscribed threads at the top of the page but I actually have 25 that I haven't read yet in user cp. What's the difference?

home theater addict
Old 06-17-2014, 06:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
It says I have 7 subscribed threads at the top of the page but I actually have 25 that I haven't read yet in user cp. What's the difference?
If you had some unread when the indicator went live, it might be off. Get them all marked read to sync both at zero.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Old 06-17-2014, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingNirvana View Post
Just go back to the huddler version and COPY what they did. Just make it work the same, and make it simple.
Ugh. I'm a software engineer. While I agree there are some growing pains, your comment makes no sense. This is software. To say "just make it work the same" indicates that you don't understand how complex this stuff is and how many moving parts there are. Tell Microsoft "just make it work" and see how far you get.
Bob Sorel and granroth like this.

Epson 5020UB (won on AVSForum!) on Elite Sable 16:9 100", Oppo BDP-83 & 93 (ISO firmware), Dune HD Base 3.0, Darblet, Sony MDR-DS7500 Wireless Surround Headphones & Onkyo TX-SR707
Old 06-17-2014, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lang View Post
Brand new addition to desktop mode...Tools - Threads I've posted in
That helps.

The other day I asked in another sub-forum if there is any way to make posted-in-threads more visible when looking in a sub-forum. I apologize for a possible duplicate question but so far have not received any info of how to do this.

I know there is that tiny arrow on the corner of the envelope in the left hand column which appears to indicate posted-in-threads, however it does not look much different than the tiny exclamation point on the other envelopes.

Previously with Huddler I was able to use a CSS script in order to change the border of my posted-in-threads which made them stand out. But the script no longer works.

Can a option be made in order to make posted-in-threads stand out more? Or perhaps a different script that works?

Here’s the link to the custom user-styles that used to work.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/43-for...er-styles.html

Under User-styles the script that used to work is the second one listed.
Code:
/* Make posted-in-threads more visible (black theme) */
tr.mod-select-parent.viewer-has-replied td.thread-col {
border-left: 6px solid #FCDC63 !important;

However this just does not work anymore. I’m not a programmer & have spent a lot of time searching the Internet for something that works, but to no avail. Please let me know how to change the Selector Reference (I think that's what it's called) in order to make changes to posted-in-threads.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I Changed my profile picture on my user profile but I'm still getting the old one, any other way to change it?

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Old 06-17-2014, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post
I Changed my profile picture on my user profile but I'm still getting the old one, any other way to change it?
Are you mistaking your profile picture with your avatar?

Mike Lang
Administrator
Old 06-17-2014, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Liked: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Go to User CP > Edit Your Details and Disable the Sidebar.

Multiple posters have reported that cures this problem (pending a real fix).
--Bob
Bob,

Thank you for this, it appears to have cleared the same issue as @fierce_gt was having with the multiple pages loading when you open a new thread. It appears that the "refresh" of the sidebar loads "backpages" for IE, so that you have to right click the "back" button and go back a number of pages before landing on the page you started on. Ive seen similar things occur with google links, when there are ads that load and the "refresh" or loading of the ads makes IE think there are actual pages being loaded. If you need an example of what is seen before and after the disable let me know and I can try to get screenshots. I know @VerticalScope is looking for a plugin so that we can view the thread image "galleries" again, but we would need to enable the sidebar again, bringing us back to the same issue. I really hope something is found as it made looking through posted images much much easier.
Woobieizer likes this.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:30 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherom View Post
Ugh. I'm a software engineer. While I agree there are some growing pains, your comment makes no sense. This is software. To say "just make it work the same" indicates that you don't understand how complex this stuff is and how many moving parts there are. Tell Microsoft "just make it work" and see how far you get.
Additionally I would guess that some of the Huddler version is proprietary IP and would constitute some sort of infringement if copied and used elsewhere.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wilkinson View Post
... here are some of the major differences you'll see:

- The search capabilities are more refined. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterappleby View Post
Can anyone get the advanced VB search to work with the criteria of finding threads with at most 0 replies? There was way to view unanswered threads in the old site... when I had time it was a good way to try and make sure new users/threads got help.

Despite several attempts using criteria to show threads with "at most" 0,1,2 replies I keep getting search results that have threads with thousands of replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trans_lux View Post
I too enjoyed trying to provide guidance.
No luck here.

Is there any news on fixing the functionality of the Search for threads with "At most" a given number of replies?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140617AVS-AtMostSearch.png
Views:	211
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	122306  

Last edited by walterappleby; 06-17-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:45 AM

Location: San Diego County, southern California, USA, Planet Earth
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobieizer View Post
The contents of my Gallery menu does not in any way resemble this setup. I do (not yet) have a drop-down menu where I can select/access my previously downloaded images. I would provide a screenshot for you to exam if I could figure out how to share a photo image on this vB site format. [gnashing teeth!!!]

BTW: where did all of my photo images go?

Trying to be patient; I enjoyed and preferred many of the Huddler user-friendly attributes…

Edwin R. Hurd
AVS Forums Lurker-In-Training!

My Tight-space A/V Setup
Old 06-17-2014, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by erhurd View Post
The contents of my Gallery menu does not in any way resemble this setup. I do (not yet) have a drop-down menu where I can select/access my previously downloaded images. I would provide a screenshot for you to exam if I could figure out how to share a photo image on this vB site format. [gnashing teeth!!!]

Trying to be patient; I enjoyed and preferred many of the Huddler user-friendly attributes…
The dropdown in the screenshot shows up if you click on Gallery from the Forum homepage (outside of the extra dropdown option that was added for illustration).

Mark
Old 06-17-2014, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by erhurd View Post

Try looking under the Tools Menu where there is a "My Gallery" option. Is that what you are wanting?
erhurd likes this.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I think I got my avatar pic changed, confused with the Avatar picture.. (I thought they'll be the same)

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Old 06-17-2014, 12:16 PM

Location: San Diego County, southern California, USA, Planet Earth
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterappleby View Post
Try looking under the Tools Menu where there is a "My Gallery" option. Is that what you are wanting?
Thanks, Walter; that was (exactly) the solution I was seeking!

Edwin R. Hurd
AVS Forums Lurker-In-Training!

My Tight-space A/V Setup
Old 06-17-2014, 12:40 PM
AVS Club Gold

Something happen with the email notification for new thread postings? I stopped getting anything at around 10:30 this morning.

Okay, it looks like they started again with the first one at 11:47.

Last edited by Keenan; 06-17-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherom View Post
Hi all,

On my ipod and ipad, I'm not getting consistent behavior when clicking on a subscribed thread. Sometimes it will take me to the last unread post correctly. Other times it takes me to the top of the last page and I have to scroll and remember where I left off.

Are others seeing this?
Anyone? I'm basically getting about 50% success rate when clicking on a subscribed thread on my ipod. Sometimes, it goes to the last unread post. Sometimes, it goes to the top of the last page and I have to scroll down. I'm clicking on the thread name, which appears to encompass the thread name and the little '>' icon...all of that appears to be one link.

Thanks,

Chris

Epson 5020UB (won on AVSForum!) on Elite Sable 16:9 100", Oppo BDP-83 & 93 (ISO firmware), Dune HD Base 3.0, Darblet, Sony MDR-DS7500 Wireless Surround Headphones & Onkyo TX-SR707
Old 06-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I'm going to ask again. Why doesn't this system show any threads or posts of mine past 250 and June 2013. An advanced search makes no difference.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad View Post
I'm going to ask again. Why doesn't this system show any threads or posts of mine past 250 and June 2013. An advanced search makes no difference.
That's the default setting. I've asked for it to be extended on advance searches.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Old 06-17-2014, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark12547 View Post
If instead of threads you have posted in you are willing to look at threads you have subscribed to (and posting to a thread automatically subscribes you to that thread), there is a very easy way to tell:

Click on the "User CP" at the top of the screen. That will take you to the "User Control Panel" that includes a list of subscribed threads that has new messages, e.g.,

In the above example, I have one thread I had subscribed to that has new messages. To get to the first new message in that thread, all I have to do is click on the "v" that is in front of the title of the thread, right here:

A second way to subscribe to threads (which I do when I think I am interested in a thread is, when viewing the thread, I scroll up to the top and click on the "Thread Tools" and click on "Subscribe to this thread". (If you are already subscribed to the thread, this is changed to allow you to "Unsubscribe from this thread.")

I hope that helps.
Thank you, this might be workable....now I just have to go find all the old threads I used to monitor and subscribe to them. Thanks again!

TV - Panasonic 58PZ700U plasma
L/R - Ascend Sierra Towers with RAAL Tweets in piano black
C - Ascend Sierra Horizon with RAAL Tweet in piano black
Surr - Polk Fxi-A6
Sub - SVS PC-13 Ultra
AVR - Denon 4520-CI
Blu-ray - OPPO 103
Comcast Set Top Box

Last edited by sourbeef; 06-17-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 79
^^^This @Mike Lang

Here for @sourbeef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lang View Post
All I had to do was type your name in the advance search field & go...takes like 5 seconds.

Tags
<<. , frontpage , resolutions