post #241 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 05:17 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterc613 View Post
What happened to the "Science" in Audio Video Science?
That went away in 2012 when Huddler took over . . .

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

normal on a two month old set..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 05:19 AM
Thread Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
Can you remove the excessive amount of user info in the post panel? I don't care about seeing how many times someone has been mentioned, tagged or quoted etc. and in a lot of cases that information now creates a post box that is far larger than the actual content of the post. It's just wasting screen space.

Leave it in a user profile. If somebody is curious enough they can find it in a click.
+1

The current list under each avatar does seem like a waste of space..

They consider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #243 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 05:22 AM
Thread Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by granroth View Post
And finally, one feature that I'm really glad to see back that was missing in the middle years:

1. Print entire thread! I sorely missed that when saving off a few very influential threads. Glad to see it's here again!
And most important of all...

2. The Search Function!! The folks at Huddler seemed to be incapable of producing usable search results.

They consider

post #244 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 06:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Ive seen a posts about an app, but haven't seen a link for one. The only one with the huddler was Tapatalk, but with the conversion Tapatalk seems to have been broken. When people quote each other its a crapshoot if you see the post or not, youd have to actually "reply" to the post to see what was written.
Yeah - I am just getting back to the forum after a few days away and I had been regularly using Tapatalk from my ipad - but for this forum that app is totally not usable. Like you said - it looks like perhaps quotes to posts that originated on the previous version don't come up? Not sure - but definitely quotes more often than not are not showing up. Is this a problem on the Tapatalk plugin side? Is someone going to fix this? Hate to go back to browser based access but looks like that's the only usable way to access this forum right now.

Edit - after looking through this thread further I realized that you can see those quote references that don't show up inline in Tapatalk by choosing to quote for a reply. That really isn't something that I can live with long term - but at least I can actually get to the missing info.

- Scott

Last edited by srjinatl; 06-13-2014 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Updated with workaround
post #245 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobieizer View Post
Are you paying my cell bill now? Initially I thought, "Hey that's really nice of you!" Then I got to thinking ..wait ...what???
sig's over cell should be polled for availability not just turned off.
Give us an option for this, it's not like we're sig'n huge avatars, or pictures, mostly hyperlinks. For the sake of comparison a lil smiley is 4.40KB

Definitely not paying your cell bill, I have my own... What I am trying to do though is follow Google's guidelines around search, mobile and keeping the payload low. That said, as that's mostly a guest problem, we could allow it to be a toggle (so you choose to show signatures on mobile) or something similar. Is that something most of you would like to see?

Mark
post #246 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalScope View Post
we could allow it to be a toggle (so you choose to show signatures on mobile) or something similar. Is that something most of you would like to see?

Mark
I've found that anytime you can allow the user to toggle anything on & off to suit their own personal needs, everyone wins (except the guy who has to code it in).
jcr159 likes this.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the
and help support the site. Help Support
post #247 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjinatl View Post
Yeah - I am just getting back to the forum after a few days away and I had been regularly using Tapatalk from my ipad - but for this forum that app is totally not usable. Like you said - it looks like perhaps quotes to posts that originated on the previous version don't come up? Not sure - but definitely quotes more often than not are not showing up. Is this a problem on the Tapatalk plugin side? Is someone going to fix this? Hate to go back to browser based access but looks like that's the only usable way to access this forum right now.

Edit - after looking through this thread further I realized that you can see those quote references that don't show up inline in Tapatalk by choosing to quote for a reply. That really isn't something that I can live with long term - but at least I can actually get to the missing info.

It's still happening on random posts, so im not sure what the users whos quote posts show blank are doing differently. Some are correct and show the quoted post and the reply, others (as we've both seen) show just the person whom replied with a blank post. You can quote for reply and it will show, but I agree with you, its not a long term solution. Hopefully they can work out the bugs as my usage would go down without phone easy phone access.
post #248 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
It's still happening on random posts, so im not sure what the users whos quote posts show blank are doing differently. Some are correct and show the quoted post and the reply, others (as we've both seen) show just the person whom replied with a blank post. You can quote for reply and it will show, but I agree with you, its not a long term solution. Hopefully they can work out the bugs as my usage would go down without phone easy phone access.
@Ph8te Can you paste me a post that you got the blank on mobile, the url is fine, I want to try it on my android and see if I can reproduce it.

Mark
post #249 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
@Ph8te Can you paste me a post that you got the blank on mobile, the url is fine, I want to try it on my android and see if I can reproduce it.

Mark

If you use Tapatalk I see the following as blank:

Official 2014 Vizio Mxxx-Bx Series owners thread

I posted 2 screenshots earlier in the thread which showed two different threads (in app) where I was seeing blank posts as well....
post #250 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickMcKaha View Post
I'm so glad you all changed back! I left AVS Forum because it had become so slow and unresponsive in every sense of the terms. I hope the new owners are more like those who established AVS, and not like those who put heavy ads (and their own cumbersome interface) above the user experience.

By some coincidence, I checked back on AVS today, after staying away more than a year. I used to read through the forums at least once a day - like Facebook. Maybe now I will again.
interestingly enough, it was much, much quicker for me once i discovered the Disconnect and AdBlock plug ins...
post #251 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatsc View Post
Gratitude, Mark!
@greatsc Huddler's saying that your username on the old platform was greatsc. Probably easier if I just change it to what you want. Can you PM me what you want your username to be?

Mark
post #252 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
If you use Tapatalk I see the following as blank:

Official 2014 Vizio Mxxx-Bx Series owners thread

I posted 2 screenshots earlier in the thread which showed two different threads (in app) where I was seeing blank posts as well....
Ok - strange - that works for me on my Android in tapatalk. You on iPhone or Android, and what version of tapatalk?

Mark
post #253 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I was trying to find a post of mine and attempted to plow through the my posts link. However it ends mid 2013. I've been here since 2003. Why can't I access my posts during those 10 years?
post #254 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad View Post
I was trying to find a post of mine and attempted to plow through the my posts link. However it ends mid 2013. I've been here since 2003. Why can't I access my posts during those 10 years?
It finds the most recent 250. Use advance search to filter by date.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the
post #255 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Ok - strange - that works for me on my Android in tapatalk. You on iPhone or Android, and what version of tapatalk?

Mark

IOS ver 2.7.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #256 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I joined when AVS was on the old vBulletin platform but shortly before the switch. I didn't think much of it but when AVS switched to the Huddler proprietary software platform, I really liked and enjoyed it compared to the vBulletin platform. While I wouldn't choose vBulletin as my preferred option, I will deal with it and learn to adjust as the content & discussions on AVS is great.

post #257 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post
I moaned a lot when moving from the original vB to Huddler, because Huddler, was in fact, worse.

Huddler was so painfully slow and so ugly, I had to bite the bullet and install an ad blocker and style sheets to make it bearable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
It's good to see you guys have gone back to the original format. As you remember i was one of the members that was VERY disappointed with the change. Funny thing is i've gotten used to the new format and now i'm going to have to get used to the old style again. Haha, such is life.

Likewise. I got used to Huddler, but I never really liked it. It did have one or two features I'll miss, like the links back to quoted posts, but overall I like the vB look and feel much better. So no complaints here.
post #258 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwilson View Post
are you pasting text from an external editor? That's generally what i do, and have found that since the upgrade you need to add 2 blank lines between paragraphs in order for it to show up as a single blank line.
I'm using the line break. This here was suppose to be the second line. Everything is messed up. Sometimes my post don't even go through.

home theater addict
post #259 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lang View Post
It finds the most recent 250. Use advance search to filter by date.
I tried advanced search, specified any date and older and still only 250. Secondly I posted a couple of pictures in a forum. Yesterday I was actually able to see them under my profile, now I can't find the pictures in my profile nor can I remember the thread they were posted in. Have the pics we uploaded to our profile also disappeared?

Please reinstate last message read. Things are just a bear now.
post #260 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

What exactly is notifications for? I have 5 and it takes me to my subscriptions?

home theater addict
post #261 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm using the line break. This here was suppose to be the second line. Everything is messed up. Sometimes my post don't even go through.
@saprano Mobile or desktop or tapatalk, and what browser if it's desktop or mobile?

Mark
post #262 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
What exactly is notifications for? I have 5 and it takes me to my subscriptions?
The quotes tab appears to be missing, I land on my "About Me" tab when clicking on the quote notification dropdown even though the URL indicates it's on a quote tab.

@VerticalScope

Mike Lang
Administrator
Join the
post #263 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I unsubscribed from the thread and re subscribed to this thread with the new way to not get notification every time someone post to weekly updates but I'm still getting emails every time someone has a single post.

(I changed it desktop format from a iPhone and still doesn't work)
post #264 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 09:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
What I am trying to do though is follow Google's guidelines around search, mobile and keeping the payload low. That said, as that's mostly a guest problem, we could allow it to be a toggle (so you choose to show signatures on mobile) or something similar. Is that something most of you would like to see?

Mark
I would like to see this!
post #265 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 09:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I dig the post count!! The post that have already been read are blue, and the ones that have not been read are gray👍
post #266 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
@saprano Mobile or desktop or tapatalk, and what browser if it's desktop or mobile?

Mark
Actually right now i'm browsing with the PS3. I like going online using my 40" LCD. Could that be the problem? The PS3's browser is not compatible with the software?

home theater addict
post #267 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lang View Post
The quotes tab appears to be missing, I land on my "About Me" tab when clicking on the quote notification dropdown even though the URL indicates it's on a quote tab.

@VerticalScope
So the notifications is how many times i've been quoted?

home theater addict
post #268 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
So the notifications is how many times i've been quoted?
Yep, it includes every possible notification. Since mobile can't see those pages yet I've asked our creative team to restrict the count on mobile to true private messages (to avoid confusion). We should have a fix shortly.

Mark
post #269 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 141
"View First Unread" button isn't working for me.

Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320

Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #270 of 628 Old 06-13-2014, 09:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post
"View First Unread" button isn't working for me.
This entire thing is just broken. It needs to be set up so that you have to go out of your way to click anything else- and it needs to work perfectly when you click it.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Reply Community News & Polls

Tags
<<. , frontpage , resolutions

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page