Got AV Questions? Ask the Editors! - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #31 of 33 Old 04-03-2017, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Just hooked up my brand new Pioneer SC-LX701 and used it for two days without any issues. Installed the latest firmware via the internet on day two.

Shortly thereafter I noticed that whenever I use any remote control function that requires a channel change or source change, the speakers go mute, then there's a slight popping sound before the new channel or source kicks in. It's even audible if muting is turned on. Happens when I change channels with my TiVo remote or use the Pioneer remote to change the signal source. Some remote functions don't seem to phase it at all or cause the popping, like the Volume controls. The sound is like someone tapping lightly on the bottom of a plastic bucket...like a light popping sound.

Is this something that could be caused by a firmware update? Are there suggested steps I should take to try to determine what the source of the problem is (i.e. HDMI cables, etc.)? Is it possible to downgrade firmware from Pioneer to test out the firmware as the culprit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 04-04-2017, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Relatively new user here - just acquired a new setup and have an issue I cannot figure out. I'd appreciate any help, or direction on where to go for help. My full system isn't set up yet - but here is the issue: I have a Marantz SR6011 and an LG OLED 65"B model. ATT arrived to install U-verse. We have 4 boxes, one is the DVR box (Arris VIP2250) and the other three are Moto VIP1200. Everything works fine with the VIP1200 boxes, when the HDMI chain is VIP1200 to Marantz to TV. When we connected the VIP2250 the same way, the video would freeze and if I changed the channel it would unfreeze.... however when I removed the Marantz from the chain and plugged the HDMI from VIP2250 direct to TV, it works fine. I am using the HDMI2 input on the TV in both cases (this is the ARC one). Since the VIP2250 works correctly when directly attached to the TV, it appears I have some sort of configuration or compatibility issue and not a defective component. Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited by Larrydrums; 04-04-2017 at 07:07 AM. Reason: clarity
post #33 of 33 Old 06-02-2017, 05:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1502 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Cheap upgrade path?

I've been following OLED for years and planned to buy eventually. But I figured I'd wait, until we see what LG did next with their OLED (speculation about higher brightness output to be more competitive with LED displays), for the HDR formats to become settled, perhaps some kind of 4K content from the TV networks.

But I'm kind of getting the bug now, maybe to pick up an Ultra HD (4K and HDR) for under $1500 and get a streaming box with clients for the 4K services. Apple is expected to announce a new Apple TV with 4K support this year.

I would also upgrade my 4-year old Denon AVR eventually as well. But I'm loath to upgrade now because it may be better to wait for HDMI 2.1.

So what if I picked up a TV and streaming box (or maybe a UHD Blu Ray player with 4K streaming clients) now but not upgrade the AVR? I guess it would be kind of messy, as the streaming box would plug into the AVR with probably HDMI 1.3 or 1.4 inputs and output. But then the output from the old AVR would be upscaled by whatever TV I pick up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Community News & Polls

Tags
ask the editors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page