Comcast Remote 3 -1 set up with Pioneer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-12-2008, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. I have a comcast remote the 3 -1 silver remote. I have the cable button work with the cable. The Tv button work with my sony tv. and the AUX button working with my Pioneer Receiver.

The type of Receiver is VSX-1015TX

If anyone needed that.
Currently the remote will turn on and off the receiver and also do the volume.

What i would like to do is have a button on the comcast remote go through the different inputs on the receiver. The receiver has about like 6-8 different inputs and i would like a button, say for example the TV/VCR button go through those. This would be awsome becuase then I could get rid of my pioneer remote for good.

Also right now for some strange reason when i press 7 on the comcast remote (when i have AUX selected) it goes to DVD) 6 goes to CD and 3 Goes to the Tuner. Dosnt make much sense of why it would do those random 3 but it does. If instead of having one button to go through all of themand having a differnet number button go through each one. i could do that too.

Thank you in advance for any help at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-13-2008, 04:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Generally, for audio devices, they number buttons are programmed in with discrete input functions. But since it is programmed for a generic Pioneer devices, you might not have all the ones you need for your model in the number keys.

If you post what setup code you are using for the receiver, it would be helpful. Assuming you are using AUX/1023 (or AUX/31023 if your remote takes 5-digit codes), try the following to program in the input select function to the TV/VCR key:

1. Press and release AUX
2. Press and hold SETUP until the remote blinks twice
3. Type 994
4. Press and release SETUP
5. Type 38789
6. Press and release TV/VCR button.
The remote should blink twice to confirm. Try pressing the TV/VCR button to see if works.
ramstainer likes this.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-13-2008, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

kupaki, you are good. real good. it works now. Tv/Vcr switchs through all the inputs i need. Thanks alot. And i am glad it works because my brother had set it up in the first place so i did not know what code he had used to originally set it up. But yea it works now. Thanks alot.

Have a good one.
post #4 of 6 Old 05-18-2008, 04:51 PM

I'm going to sound super stupid but where did you get the 38789 code? I just did this on my remote (30123) and am trying to find the other generic codes. I found codes for the 30531 but I cant find the imput mapping. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupakai View Post

Generally, for audio devices, they number buttons are programmed in with discrete input functions. But since it is programmed for a generic Pioneer devices, you might not have all the ones you need for your model in the number keys.

If you post what setup code you are using for the receiver, it would be helpful. Assuming you are using AUX/1023 (or AUX/31023 if your remote takes 5-digit codes), try the following to program in the input select function to the TV/VCR key:

1. Press and release AUX
2. Press and hold SETUP until the remote blinks twice
3. Type 994
4. Press and release SETUP
5. Type 38789
6. Press and release TV/VCR button.
The remote should blink twice to confirm. Try pressing the TV/VCR button to see if works.

post #5 of 6 Old 05-18-2008, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by skOtn View Post

I'm going to sound super stupid but where did you get the 38789 code? I just did this on my remote (30123) and am trying to find the other generic codes. I found codes for the 30531 but I cant find the imput mapping. Any help would be appreciated.

Try some of the codes in this post:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...d.cgi?5246,1#3
post #6 of 6 Old 05-19-2008, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post

Try some of the codes in this post:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...d.cgi?5246,1#3

Thank you Edmund! This is exactly what I was looking for. There is an extensive list that I could download from here also (creaded by Robman, much thanks to him also!)

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...e&file_id=4566
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page