Harmony and Pioneer elite problem? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 06-07-2008, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have a Harmony 890 remote with the RF extender not currently in use. I am pairing the remote with a Samsung 5054, directv hd dvr, and a pioneer elite vsx92txh. When I press "WATCH TV" on the remote everything turns on correctly besides the receiver. The pioneer receiver switches from hdmi 1 to tv/sat automatically.

The wiring of my system has everything going through hdmi inputs on the receiver with one input going out from the pioneer to the tv. I would like to know if anyone knows how to keep the receiver from defaulting to the "tv/sat" setting. I have altered the delays on the harmony but cannot seem to correct it. it does work if i am switching from "watch dvd" to "watch tv" but not if i am turning the tv from off to "watch tv".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-09-2008, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
You are a little unclear here. What input does your receiver need to be on in order for you to watch TV?

Are you saying that it works whenever you switch between activities but it never works when you first turn everything on? If so then you need to adjust the power on delay for your receiver.
post #3 of 9 Old 06-09-2008, 05:52 PM

i would go through your setup and see which inputs, it will naturally select tv for those type of things and you need to modify it.

also double check your sat. box audio settings to make sure the audio is coming through correctly

post #4 of 9 Old 06-09-2008, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

In order to watch tv my input on my receiver needs to be set to hdmi 1.
In order to watch a dvd my input on my receiver needs to be set to hdmi 2.
My tv just has one hdmi running from the receiver directly to it.

Even with these connections when i press "watch tv" (with each component off) the tv, directv dvr, and the pioneer receiver will turn on but after a few seconds the receiver will default from "hdmi 1" to "tv/sat".

i have called harmony 3 times about this problem and they alter the delay on the remote. does anyone know the amount i should adjust the power delay on the receiver to? Thanks again for the help.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-10-2008, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
For that activity, what does the Harmony Programming Software believe Pioneer needs to be set to?

-Steve
post #6 of 9 Old 06-10-2008, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

It sounds to me like you have set up your Watch TV activity to put the receiver on the TV/Sat input instead of the HDMI 1 input.

Otherwise the problem could be with the Logitech database. Go into the device mode for your receiver and hit the HDMI 1 button and see which input it goes to. Maybe it is mislabeled and it actually is the command to go to the TV/Sat input. Also try hitting the HDMI 1 button more than once, it could be a input toggle instead of a direct input command.

If you want you could PM me youre Harmony login info and I can look at how you have it set up to make sure it is done right.
post #7 of 9 Old 06-10-2008, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

my harmony settings for my pioneer are:
power on delay: 1500
inter-key delay : 500
In put delay: 200
inter-device delay: 500
post #8 of 9 Old 06-10-2008, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

also, the receiver seems to be set up correctly. there are times when i press "watch tv" from the off position and everything turns on correctly. about 75% of the time it defaults to the "tv/sat" settting then if i press help it switches the input on the pioneer to "hdmi 1". i spoke to harmony multiple times and they seem to believe it is a delay issue with the receiver. after i speak to harmony it does start to work correctly for a little while.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-11-2008, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Try changing your power on delay. I would say slowly start increasing your power on delay, and see when it starts working perfectly.

It still doesn't make sense to me that it switches to TV/Sat after it powers up though. To me that sounds like you have it set to the wrong input. But then you are saying that if you hit the help button it switches back to HDMI 1, which to me makes it sound like whatever command you are using to switch inputs may be a toggle command instead of a discreet input command.
Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page