Nevo S70 Owners (((OFFICIAL))) Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 75 Old 07-24-2009, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi matt, i am using Nevo S70 and two panasonic cameras. If i enable the camera to be viewed by Nevo s70 (with no password), then anyone on the web can view the cameras with no password, could you please help me in this issue? thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 75 Old 07-27-2009, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thew750 View Post

We're starting to get some owners now. Congrats to all who own nevo products as I believe them to be far superior to any other remotes on the market today.

Controling 3rd party z-wave devices is still not available at this time. However UEI is one of the founding members of the Z-wave Alliance. I have spoken with several folks at UEI about 3rd party z-wave control nad can assure you that it is coming. I hope to get more info on this at cedia next week. I'll post my findings.

I wanted to comment on the use of ip based security cameras, is that cool or what. I had a client who thought it was cool when his cable company allowed him to get caller ID on his tv, showed him a security camera on a remote and he nearly fell over. How cool is that. I have installed at least 12 homes with the panasonic ip cameras. Very cool feature especially if you have infants. Use your remote to keep tabs on baby while you enjoy a flick in the theater.

Glad to see AVS is starting to get som S70 owners. Again to update I have S70's in stock and ready. If you are a DIYer give me a call and I will make you a deal.

Enjoy your S70's

Matt

hi matt, i am using Nevo S70 and two panasonic cameras. If i enable the camera to be viewed by Nevo s70 (with no password), then anyone on the web can view the cameras with no password, could you please help me in this issue? thank you
post #33 of 75 Old 10-31-2009, 05:58 PM

I do hate to bring up an old topic like this, but how has everyone been with their S70 experiences over the months? I have only played with the software, but that alone impressed me enough to consider selling my TSU9400. I have noticed the Q50 forum is still active at least.
post #34 of 75 Old 11-03-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veekay View Post

I do hate to bring up an old topic like this, but how has everyone been with their S70 experiences over the months? I have only played with the software, but that alone impressed me enough to consider selling my TSU9400. I have noticed the Q50 forum is still active at least.

I love my S70, have had it for a little over a year. My biggest gripe is battery life. Its so bad I think my battery might be damaged. Anyone know where i can get a replacement?
post #35 of 75 Old 11-05-2009, 11:31 AM

What kind of life are you getting? Is this with wifi?
post #36 of 75 Old 11-05-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:

What kind of life are you getting? Is this with wifi?

A few hours tops. Yes it is wi-fi but i almost never use the wi-fi features. Another gripe albiet a minor one is occasionally it doesnt see the nevo link. I suspect that has something to do with the battery though. I would really like to buy a replacement battery, need to find a place that sells them.
post #37 of 75 Old 11-14-2009, 12:05 AM

I just got a S70 to try out and will have to see if the nevo link or nevo connect ends up working better. So far I have only messed around with the nevo media server to see how it compared to using the SL. Just have to make a decision on what remote will be kept out of the whole desk full right now.
post #38 of 75 Old 11-14-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:

I just got a S70 to try out and will have to see if the nevo link or nevo connect ends up working better. So far I have only messed around with the nevo media server to see how it compared to using the SL. Just have to make a decision on what remote will be kept out of the whole desk full right now.

I suspect you will really like the S70. Ive owned quite a few remotes and this one far surpasses the others but again the battery life is just something that irks me. I put a call out to my installer and asked to buy a new battery, he's been very good so far so i suspect he will get back to me pretty quick. Ill fill you in on how the replacement goes.
post #39 of 75 Old 11-14-2009, 05:57 PM

I am considering getting a good remote. I've look at the Harmony ones and they seem incredibly cheap looking/feeling. I've seen the NevoC3, but it appears to be a rebadged product and it doesn't seem to have a lot of reviews on it yet. I saw Nevo S70's on eBay for ~$600 and was wondering what everyone thought about that. Is it a mistake going for eBay?

Also, if anyone has any other recommendations let me know. I am not interested in home automation all that much and really just need a very good AV remote with RF capabilities, macros, good programming software, and solid hardware.
post #40 of 75 Old 11-15-2009, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member

I'm in the same boat but that's a little much for me, I don't want to spend much more than $300usd...
How cheap can these be had now?

LT I intend to build a sophisticated HA/C system by tying together some oss projects and choice picked hardware....
But in the interim I just want a relatively cheap yet sophisticated learning remote only for gear in my home theatre room.

I know this remote is prolly leaps and bounds ahead from a programability perspective....
But how does it's ergonomics, build quality, screen quality etc. compare to say the H900 or Harmony One?
post #41 of 75 Old 11-15-2009, 06:29 AM

I have been using the C3 for a few weeks and really like it - though it has a lot of limitations, but for the price I'd take it over anything in the Harmony line. My wife actually prefers the C3 over almost everything else - aside from the TSU9600.
post #42 of 75 Old 11-15-2009, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks for your thoughts,

So you've actually tried the One, H900 etc? Any idea how the C3 compares to the MX-850?
I recall reading a review on this site some time back shredding the C3, can't recall the detail now.
I'm in Oz but some guys down here have been able to buy the 850 in the US for bloody cheap!
($170 ausd etc)
post #43 of 75 Old 11-16-2009, 05:34 PM

I own the 880 and 890, but that is all in the Harmony line. Most CI's don't like the C2/C3 because it isn't really something that should be an installer only device - it should just be in the stores next to the Harmony remotes.

I think trying to compare the C3 with the MX-850 is a little unfair since they are different kinds of remotes.

It really comes down to the type of remote you are wanting - something you have more control over programming or one where you are walked through every step and more limited in what you can do.
post #44 of 75 Old 11-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Advanced Member

Yeah since realised C3 is wizard based, forgot that...
So you've not tried the Harmony One or 900?
From what I've read I prefer the One over the 900.
As the 900's RF is supposed to be ratshit & I don't need RF anyway.
Plus the One does allow for some macro programmability (sequences)
Whereas the 900 has totally ditched this...
And the One's screen is supposedly slightly better.
But I'm considering other non-wizard based remotes 1st....
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post17541971
post #45 of 75 Old 04-03-2010, 11:24 AM

Hey All - I just purchased the S70 w/ NC50 and found out a few things. I have a pretty basic HT w/ Plasma, Cable, Blu Ray, and HTPC - the S70 is pretty close to Perfect:

PROS
The RF signal is much Faster, Stronger, and more Reliable than IR
The Remote is very easy for Family to use
Actions occurs right away when you push a button
Ergonomics are spot on. I came from a Logitech 550 and its bit larger, but you get used to it very quickly.
The Graphics are pretty close to an iPhone; possibly the same resolution or maybe just a little less

CONS
Studio Pro apparently doesn't run on an AMD Processor !?!?? It says Processor Not Supported. I had to use a different computer.
Setup is fairly difficult; there are a few places you might get stuck. I was able to get through it though.
Price is a bit high

OTHER THOUGHTS
I bought it on eBay from travisb6989. He was really responsive and helpful; I don't think that I would have bought if he hadn't helped me.
Getting the Device codes is a bit tricky, but they are on the menu when select "Use Model Based Setup on www.mynevo.com"
Studio Pro does run on Windows 7. You have to download the Windows Mobile Device Center software separately; but it's easy and doesn't cost anything - just Google "Windows Mobile Device Center"
Studio Pro upgrades itself to 2.0 once you register
You have to purchase the IR Emitters separately
post #46 of 75 Old 04-04-2010, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowling_J View Post

Hey All - I just purchased the S70 w/ NC50 and found out a few things. I have a pretty basic HT w/ Plasma, Cable, Blu Ray, and HTPC - the S70 is pretty close to Perfect:

PROS
The RF signal is much Faster, Stronger, and more Reliable than IR
The Remote is very easy for Family to use
Actions occurs right away when you push a button
Ergonomics are spot on. I came from a Logitech 550 and its bit larger, but you get used to it very quickly.
The Graphics are pretty close to an iPhone; possibly the same resolution or maybe just a little less

CONS
Studio Pro apparently doesn't run on an AMD Processor !?!?? It says Processor Not Supported. I had to use a different computer.
Setup is fairly difficult; there are a few places you might get stuck. I was able to get through it though.
Price is a bit high

OTHER THOUGHTS
I bought it on eBay from travisb6989. He was really responsive and helpful; I don't think that I would have bought if he hadn't helped me.
Getting the Device codes is a bit tricky, but they are on the menu when select "Use Model Based Setup on www.mynevo.com"
Studio Pro does run on Windows 7. You have to download the Windows Mobile Device Center software separately; but it's easy and doesn't cost anything - just Google "Windows Mobile Device Center"

3.0 is now available. That may fix the compatibility issue you were having with your other PC.
post #47 of 75 Old 04-04-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duct Tape View Post

3.0 is now available. That may fix the compatibility issue you were having with your other PC.

Thanks - I'll have to try the 3.0
post #48 of 75 Old 04-04-2010, 09:12 AM

Here's a few Fledgling Screenshots:

post #49 of 75 Old 04-04-2010, 09:29 AM

Here's the Browser:

post #50 of 75 Old 04-07-2010, 07:27 AM

The new features that have been introduced in version 3.0 have really made Nevo a very powerful control option almost overnight. Even the most subtle additions have swayed me in the direction of reccomending Nevo to my clients over other control solutions. The public should take a good look at the S70. With the ability to control Sonos 2-way, with the introduction of the 2-way widgets and other features added to the programming your looking at a very powerful system and good bang for your buck.

Total Control Remotes
www.totalcontrolremotes.com
post #51 of 75 Old 04-07-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowling_J View Post

OTHER THOUGHTS

Anyone who purchases the Q50 and S70 will be in a much better position to buy from a qualified, authorized professional dealer. Obviously there should be criticsm on complexity of setup or getting things to work since this is a professional line remote. In the least, these remotes are not very cheap and I can't imagine buying one to save a couple of bucks without a warranty.

Total Control Remotes
www.totalcontrolremotes.com
post #52 of 75 Old 04-20-2010, 12:07 AM

Hello Gentlemen, I have been thinking pretty hard about purchasing this remote and just wanted to ask you, how difficult is this remote to program? I'm no A/V installer and have just basic computer skills. Thanks for the time.....
post #53 of 75 Old 04-21-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modigliani View Post

Hello Gentlemen, I have been thinking pretty hard about purchasing this remote and just wanted to ask you, how difficult is this remote to program? I'm no A/V installer and have just basic computer skills. Thanks for the time.....

of the "professional" remotes out there, I find Nevo to be the easiest to program. Their software is very intuitive, and very powerful. They are easily my favorite remotes to program.
post #54 of 75 Old 04-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

of the "professional" remotes out there, I find Nevo to be the easiest to program. Their software is very intuitive, and very powerful. They are easily my favorite remotes to program.

This coming from a Nevo fanboi......

Custom Installation Blog: http://www.wiremunky.com
User Interface Design Blog: http://www.guijaboard.com
post #55 of 75 Old 04-21-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:

Thank you sir, that gives me hope!
post #56 of 75 Old 04-21-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39centstamp View Post

this coming from a nevo fanboi......

ha!!!!!!
post #57 of 75 Old 04-22-2010, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Can somebody give a brief pros/cons on the s70 vs the q50, or a link to a way to compare them?
post #58 of 75 Old 04-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

First thing that jumps out is screen size vs hard buttons. Bigger screen and fewer buttons vs smaller screen and more buttons.

Custom Installation Blog: http://www.wiremunky.com
User Interface Design Blog: http://www.guijaboard.com
post #59 of 75 Old 04-22-2010, 10:39 PM

the Q50 is far easier to use when it comes to controlling standard devices. the major reason to go with the S70 is for the Wifi and IP control.
post #60 of 75 Old 04-24-2010, 11:35 PM

Anyone know if Thew750 is still in buisness? His webpage is a redirect. Anyone know how to get ahold of him if he is still selling these remotes (nevo's)
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Monster Mcc Avl300 S Home Theater And Lighting Controller With Omnilink
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page