MX-850 editor software download? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 51 Old 07-30-2008, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter
sub

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had my MX-850 for about two years, and have been very happy with it. About 2 weeks ago I got a new TV and satellite receiver, so I now need to do a reprogramming of my remote.

Unfortunately I cant find my original download of the software. "No problem, I'll download from the URC".... only to find they now require registration to download the software. The registration page claims the serial number is in the battery compartment, but it definitely isnt on my remote.

Can anyone PM me a download link to a copy of the latest MX-850 editor software?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 09-23-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post

I've had my MX-850 for about two years, and have been very happy with it. About 2 weeks ago I got a new TV and satellite receiver, so I now need to do a reprogramming of my remote.

Unfortunately I cant find my original download of the software. "No problem, I'll download from the URC".... only to find they now require registration to download the software. The registration page claims the serial number is in the battery compartment, but it definitely isnt on my remote.

Can anyone PM me a download link to a copy of the latest MX-850 editor software?

Did you trying calling the company? They have great tech support.
They will getting you the software.

Manny
post #3 of 51 Old 09-25-2008, 06:40 PM

I have programmed a couple 850's and both had their s/n's inside the battery compartment. The software you will get on the URC site is not the version with live update and I believe the current package is about a year old so your new equipment may not be there (though you can usually fake it with some other version). Getting the live update version is the way to go in my view (though some authorized vendors won't turn it over, like Magnolia in my experience, and URC will not help in those situations, again in my experience). If you bought from a vendor who provides Live Update copies, you may want to contact them.
post #4 of 51 Old 11-21-2008, 09:37 AM

anybody know of a way to get the software without having a serial #? I got my remote as a gift from a friend, he did the programming on his laptop because he already had an 850. now that i need to update my remote i'm looking inside and there is not sticker. i have an email into URC but based on all the stuff i've read on different forums i don't have high expectations they will assist me. maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised but we'll see.

at this point i don't even care about the live update part - i just need the basic software to make changes.

any ideas???
post #5 of 51 Old 11-23-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madzilla View Post

anybody know of a way to get the software without having a serial #? I got my remote as a gift from a friend, he did the programming on his laptop because he already had an 850. now that i need to update my remote i'm looking inside and there is not sticker. i have an email into URC but based on all the stuff i've read on different forums i don't have high expectations they will assist me. maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised but we'll see.

at this point i don't even care about the live update part - i just need the basic software to make changes.

any ideas???

Pay someone a small fee who has the software
post #6 of 51 Old 11-23-2008, 07:07 PM
IVB
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
your remote has no sticker? That seems odd, where'd you get it?

------------------------------------
I'm on Google Plus a lot more than online forums now, contact me there if you want something.

post #7 of 51 Old 01-26-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance47360 View Post

Pay someone a small fee who has the software

I'mwilling to pay someone for the software. Do you know anyone?
post #8 of 51 Old 02-11-2009, 04:47 PM

I have 1.12.263 version of the software. PM me.

Proudly listen to 24/192 vinyl rips directly on my Nexus phone using Kamerton
post #9 of 51 Old 03-04-2009, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Pay a programmer to do it.

Either through a CI, or directly.

Hey, you said you'd pay.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #10 of 51 Old 02-23-2010, 01:38 PM

No point asking the company now. The won't help. Need to go to the people you purchased it from.
post #11 of 51 Old 03-13-2010, 09:27 PM

I just got 2 MX-800 remotes from my father-in-law after he upgraded his whole system. Now i need the editor software. I've gone to the site
at universal remote dotcom /pro/registration.php (Not allowed to put in a url for my first posts so i broke it up)
to register (I have the serial #) but it asks for a "Access Code". The CI that set up the original is long gone so I can't get any help from them. Anybody have this problem and solve it?
post #12 of 51 Old 03-14-2010, 09:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 121
If you buy through a distributor, they will give you the access code.
Petra for example.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #13 of 51 Old 06-26-2010, 10:02 PM

I need that file...please pm me with the info. Thanks!!
post #14 of 51 Old 06-26-2010, 10:02 PM

Anyone? help!
post #15 of 51 Old 06-26-2010, 10:04 PM

Mockba, please send me the file! my username at hot mail dot com. thanks!!!
post #16 of 51 Old 06-26-2010, 10:06 PM

please, please, please
post #17 of 51 Old 06-26-2010, 10:06 PM

I need the program. Please!
post #18 of 51 Old 06-27-2010, 05:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Are you trying to get your post count up?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
post #19 of 51 Old 07-24-2010, 07:10 PM

So, I purchased an MX-850 a few years ago and everything has been working fine, but I recently upgraded my PC and I didn't have a copy of the software for the remote.

I have emailed Universal Remote Control twice about getting the software, but they have been totally unresponsive. I understand the whole thing about them now having some new software that you can't access without a password. I know that I should be able to get some password or the software from the company that sold me the remote, but at this point, I have no idea where it was purchased. That said, I purchased it online for about $200. So, I think it was an unauthorized dealer.

Anyways, does anyone have a contact at URC that I could hit up to maybe get access to the software? Or, could I possibly get the software from one of you users. Either way, much appreciation.

Thanks.
post #20 of 51 Old 07-25-2010, 05:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

1. Save your receipt,
2. Save the box, packing and manuals. (I don't understand why you guys refuse to save the original box ),
3. They won't provide you with anything, that isn't the way they do business. Especially buying from a unauthorized source.

post #21 of 51 Old 07-26-2010, 04:48 PM

I contacted a local URC dealer and they told me that they cannot give out the software or an access code due to the fact that URC has limited the access and has an iron grip on it. They said that the only way to update the remote was to have them come out and program it for $99 each time. This is the kind of thing that makes me not want to do business with URC anymore. It's sad.
post #22 of 51 Old 07-26-2010, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm in the same position as a poster above. I inherited an MX-980 from my father after he upgraded to a Harmony One (old installer went out of business, new installer works with Logitech stuff because it's easier to program). That being said, I don't have a copy of the URC software either, so I was hoping that someone could help me out. Even just pointing me in the right direction would be awesome.
Thanks,
Brad in St. Louis.
post #23 of 51 Old 07-26-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

1. Save your receipt,
2. Save the box, packing and manuals. (I don't understand why you guys refuse to save the original box ),
3. They won't provide you with anything, that isn't the way they do business. Especially buying from a unauthorized source.

Right. I figured out where I purchased that thing (CompuPlus). I am pretty sure that they aren't an authorized dealer. I think I may purchase another one from Surf Remote Control if they can actually get me the fricken software.

Thanks for the advice though.
post #24 of 51 Old 07-29-2010, 03:08 PM

Guys I have a TX-1000 that I bought from an authorized dealer that is no longer in business. I used to be able to login to the URC website and download but now I can't. Can someone be so kind as to share a copy of the connector software or point me in the right direction?

Erik
post #25 of 51 Old 09-29-2010, 07:52 PM

I did something stupid.....I was reinstalling my computer and thought I saved the mx850editor.exe file. Now I have a remote I am donating (along with a TV and Wii) to Make-A-Wish-Foundation of NJ.

I am willing to pay for the file if that is what it takes. I have e-mailed URC but they are slow. I have Serial # under batteries and autorized dealer purchase (IEI of Hazlet,NJ)

Can anyone help....my e-mail is rmatisoff at gmail dot com.

Hope there is someone that can......hate to spend $300 after I am donating all my stuff to MAW.
post #26 of 51 Old 12-03-2010, 01:32 PM

My advise, which you can ignore if you wish, is don't bother with Universal Remotes, total waste of time. They are an old business model and seem to use this tight control that will only be one headache after another. Get a Logitech Harmony remote and your life will be much easier. They are fairly easy to program, if you can even call it programming, and there are no restrictions on it's usage like Universal has, no need for an Authorized Installer, no top secret software nonsense.

One of the cheapest is Harmony 650 right now is $90 and they have other models that do a lot more, touch screens, etc, you can blow up to about $900 on one.
post #27 of 51 Old 12-03-2010, 03:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
^^^

there is ZERO problems getting the "top secret software" when buying the remote from an authorized seller...

their business model works for them... they have "consumer level" remotes as well...

if you can't recognize the differences between a urc pro line remote and a harmony, well....

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #28 of 51 Old 12-04-2010, 10:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

While I disagree with URC's software policy, I still feel their software vs Logitech/Harmonys' web based PITA procedure is far better:

No need for a Internet connection,
The config. file is stored locally,
Though there is a learning curve, the software is written for someone that knows enough not to buy products like Monster Cable.

(BTW, if you look long enough, you would be surprised what you can find. )

post #29 of 51 Old 12-09-2010, 12:46 PM

ccotenj, I don't think that changing policy on existing customers is smart business and is not understandable or excusable in any way, shape or form. I bought my remote years ago. Honestly, I don't even remember where I bought it from (maybe AudioVision in Miami?).. HONESTLY.

The last time I downloaded the software was a couple of months ago. Now I can't program my remote because there is no longer a link available to download it. Does that make sense? Maybe to a new user of a new product, but for an existing user makes no sense.

I very much like URC products, but won't be spending a dime anytime soon on them.. This is no way to treat bona fide customers.
post #30 of 51 Old 12-09-2010, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarak View Post

ccotenj, I don't think that changing policy on existing customers is smart business and is not understandable or excusable in any way, shape or form. I bought my remote years ago. Honestly, I don't even remember where I bought it from (maybe AudioVision in Miami?).. HONESTLY.

The last time I downloaded the software was a couple of months ago. Now I can't program my remote because there is no longer a link available to download it. Does that make sense? Maybe to a new user of a new product, but for an existing user makes no sense.

I very much like URC products, but won't be spending a dime anytime soon on them.. This is no way to treat bona fide customers.

Did you contact URC and explain that you have a MX-850 and can no longer find the download link for the software?

Also, what is wrong with the software that you downloaded a couple months ago? Just use that (and make a back-up copy).

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page