Vin
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by john1528golf View Post

Has anyone else had their 550 lock-up on them? My 1st 550 lasted 2 days and quit working, the LCD screen said "welcome to your remote" and the arrow to turn the page in bottom right corner was on but remote would not respond to any command at all, the glow button wouldnt even work. Tech support could not fix the problem so I returned it for a new one which worked great for about 2 months and guess what, it says "welcome to your remote" on the screen and will do absolutely nothing. Anyone seen this before?

My 3 week old 550 did this just last night. Long story short, there was a button stuck, cocked in such a way that it wasn't releasing. Once I realized it I easily got it unstuck which got the remote working again.

I almost missed this at first (played around, changed the batteries and what not) and was about to call Harmony when I saw the stuck button so I'd suggest taking a close look at all the buttons before you give up on it. Good luck.

Vin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 355 Old 01-14-2009, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
^Thanks for the info Vin. Thats the same thing Tech Support suggested so I checked every button but could not find one that was stuck. I guess I'll have to double check it tonight.
post #183 of 355 Old 01-15-2009, 11:12 PM

I found it, the "B" button in the bottom right corner was stuck down, I can put my 4 remotes back in the drawer
post #184 of 355 Old 01-16-2009, 04:18 AM

Liked: 10
because more people posted in the 880 forum..?? :0
post #185 of 355 Old 01-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Vin
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1528golf View Post

I found it, the "B" button in the bottom right corner was stuck down, I can put my 4 remotes back in the drawer

Glad to hear it John.

Vin
post #186 of 355 Old 01-20-2009, 04:37 PM

Just got my HR22-100 DirecTV DVR/Receiver and tried to reprogram my Harmony 550 but it only sees it as a PVR. So when I try to add the Watch TV activity it doesn't think it can change channels so it asks for another device to be added. I just added a different receiver device to it to allow for the activity to be created and switch to the HR22's controls via the devices button but that's a pain. I have sent an email to Logitech but haven't received any reply yet.

I'm sure others have had this issue with a receiver, so what did you guys do? Any help would be great.
post #187 of 355 Old 01-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Does anyonbody know how we can shut off the light up of the screen whenever a button is pushed? And have it set to manual, where it only works when we push activities or glow ?

I find myself having to lower and higher the volume a lot, or change through channels, this cant be good for my batteries life
post #188 of 355 Old 01-21-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDaMan View Post

Just got my HR22-100 DirecTV DVR/Receiver and tried to reprogram my Harmony 550 but it only sees it as a PVR. So when I try to add the Watch TV activity it doesn't think it can change channels so it asks for another device to be added. I just added a different receiver device to it to allow for the activity to be created and switch to the HR22's controls via the devices button but that's a pain. I have sent an email to Logitech but haven't received any reply yet.

I'm sure others have had this issue with a receiver, so what did you guys do? Any help would be great.

for your activity, in the set up, try customize buttons. You can go in and it will give you a drop down list for each button, select your DVR and then select the proper DVR control that you want for each button.

I would also say to try to set it up again, something must have gotten crossed in your set up, especially if you can switch on the remote to DVR and it works.
post #189 of 355 Old 01-21-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunkile View Post

for your activity, in the set up, try customize buttons. You can go in and it will give you a drop down list for each button, select your DVR and then select the proper DVR control that you want for each button.

I would also say to try to set it up again, something must have gotten crossed in your set up, especially if you can switch on the remote to DVR and it works.

I guess I was just trying to get around the manual setup deal.

I have tried the setup multiple times. Deleting the previous devices and putting them back in, restarting the software, restarting the computer, etc. Maybe the Mac OS version of this thing is buggy, not sure.
post #190 of 355 Old 01-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Vin
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have the same set-up (Harmony 550 controlling an HR22-100) and have no issues...all functions work. This is all I did to set it up:

Starting with the Device drop down menu, choose Video Recorder > PVR

Then from the Select Manufacturer drop down > DirecTV

Then enter HR22 as the Model.

And then of course, set up the Activity...done.

Vin
post #191 of 355 Old 01-21-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post

I have the same set-up (Harmony 550 controlling an HR22-100) and have no issues...all functions work. This is all I did to set it up:

Thanks, I will try it again. I tried that with other renditions as well, like HR22-100, HR-22, H22, etc. I guess something went screwy and I just have to try again.
post #192 of 355 Old 01-21-2009, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
If I remember right when you first start to set up a watch TV activity the next question is what kind of watch TV activity and there should be one for Watch PVR. Or maybe there was a seperate activity for Watch PVR, I don't remember for sure. Are you selecting that one? I've only worked on the 880/890 and One so maybe that is just for those (it has a different icon with a pause button icon in front of the TV screen).
post #193 of 355 Old 01-22-2009, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post

I tried it again last night and it does work. I guess after trying so many different ways with the Satellite category and then the PVR category, I skipped one or two. All is well now though, thanks for the advice.
post #194 of 355 Old 01-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Vin
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I tried it again last night and it does work. I guess after trying so many different ways with the Satellite category and then the PVR category, I skipped one or two. All is well now though, thanks for the advice.

Glad to hear you got it going.

Vin
post #195 of 355 Old 01-27-2009, 07:29 AM

Just received mine last night from Tiger Direct...Must say..so far...It's the best $50 i've spent. I'll wait till i'm off on Saturday and Sunday to really get a feel for it..Just in time for the Super Bowl..GO STEELERS!
post #196 of 355 Old 01-28-2009, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Does the 550 use the same software as the H1?
I ask because I have an H1 & I plan on getting a 550 for the gf & wanted to see if anything could be used from the H1 setup to load onto the 550.

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
post #197 of 355 Old 01-28-2009, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
It uses the same software, but you can't really copy any settings over. About the closest thing you could do would be to login to your account and then plug in her remote. Hit the update button and it should come up with a screen that says that it is a different remote and it gives you the option to either change your setup for the new remote, or copy your settings to a new account for the new remote. Use the copy option and set up a new account for her remote.

Be aware if this screen doesn't come up, or if you accidently pick the wrong selection it will screw up a lot of your settings (custom button mappings) and you will have to redo-them.

You aren't going to try to use these both in the same room are you? That usually doesn't work out well because they can't keep track of the state of all of the devices correctly.
post #198 of 355 Old 01-28-2009, 11:03 PM

Just stopping in to say I love my 550 make things alot easier.
post #199 of 355 Old 01-29-2009, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerstalker View Post

It uses the same software, but you can't really copy any settings over. About the closest thing you could do would be to login to your account and then plug in her remote. Hit the update button and it should come up with a screen that says that it is a different remote and it gives you the option to either change your setup for the new remote, or copy your settings to a new account for the new remote. Use the copy option and set up a new account for her remote.

Be aware if this screen doesn't come up, or if you accidently pick the wrong selection it will screw up a lot of your settings (custom button mappings) and you will have to redo-them.

You aren't going to try to use these both in the same room are you? That usually doesn't work out well because they can't keep track of the state of all of the devices correctly.

Appreciate the feedback! The remotes will be @ 2 different locale.

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
post #200 of 355 Old 01-30-2009, 12:13 PM

Is there a Brick and Mortar store that is still selling this remote? BB no longer carries it, and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any help?
post #201 of 355 Old 01-31-2009, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dludingt View Post

Is there a Brick and Mortar store that is still selling this remote? BB no longer carries it, and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any help?

I am checking a CC today & will let you know if they have any on close out/GOOB.

post #202 of 355 Old 01-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Vin
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You can get it here.

Vin
post #203 of 355 Old 02-02-2009, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleM View Post

I am checking a CC today & will let you know if they have any on close out/GOOB.

CC doesn't carry it.
btw, there are reasons CC is going out of business.

Even in liquidation, their prices sucks & their customers leave the store empty handed.

post #204 of 355 Old 02-07-2009, 07:51 PM

just got my 550 a little while ago and i'm lovein it. only problem i can't figure out with it is when i change from play game to watch tv, it dont go to the right channel. its supposed to be on channel 3 but changes it to 13. if everything is off it goes to the right channel. it only does this when i change from something to watch tv. i went through the settings many times and it's set to change to channel 3. anybody know what i'm doing wrong here?
post #205 of 355 Old 02-08-2009, 05:05 AM

Anyone know how to program a timer with like a "all off" command? I realize I could set a cable box timer, but that would still leave the TV on. I could program them both but then the receiver is still on.

Is there an option in the harmony to do a setup wide off after a certain amount of time like a sleep option?
post #206 of 355 Old 02-10-2009, 11:24 AM

can anyone tell me how you post a new thred
post #207 of 355 Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookie37 View Post

can anyone tell me how you post a new thred

Go to the forum's main page. There is a New Thread button to the left of those popup list of all forums. That should do it.

Arvy
post #208 of 355 Old 02-11-2009, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiggyjk View Post

Anyone know how to program a timer with like a "all off" command? I realize I could set a cable box timer, but that would still leave the TV on. I could program them both but then the receiver is still on.

Is there an option in the harmony to do a setup wide off after a certain amount of time like a sleep option?

Any help with this?
post #209 of 355 Old 02-11-2009, 06:29 AM

This is not possible. I wish it were because I want to do the same thing.
post #210 of 355 Old 02-11-2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:

I have seen them at Home Depot.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page