Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 99 Old 01-09-2010, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by styxx_78 View Post

What a pain in the butt. I couldn't find it anywhere else locally. I hope URC gets back to me soon with a list of their dealers in my area.

That sucks. There is a dealer locator on their website. It is under the Professional section.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 Old 01-09-2010, 07:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Which must not be accurate because they don't list the store I bought mine from.

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #93 of 99 Old 01-10-2010, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalto View Post

That sucks. There is a dealer locator on their website. It is under the Professional section.

I live in Canada and there is no option to pick a Canadian province from the drop down list of states.

If anyone can help me find this software it would be appreciated. I don't have a problem with supporting my local dealers but when they are not willing to do their research pre-sale that leaves me a bit worried.
styxx_78@hotmail.com

PS: URC has still not responded to my email.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #94 of 99 Old 01-10-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by styxx_78 View Post

PS: URC has still not responded to my email.

I am not sure when you sent your email but URC is not there on the weekends so you should not expect to hear anything back before Monday.
post #95 of 99 Old 01-13-2010, 11:36 AM

Well, I finally got a reply, here it is. Now I have to contact each distributor to find a dealer near me.....wonderful.

Quote:
We appreciate you contacting Universal Remote Control, Inc and your continued patronage.

Below is a list of our Canadian Distributors. One of them should be able to help you find a local dealer. We hope this information is helpful.

SF Marketing, Inc.
325 Boul. Bouchard,
Dorval, QC H9S 1A9
www.sfm.ca
urc@sfm.ca
(P) 514.780.2070
(F) 514.780.2111

AVAD Calgary, AB
7115-48th Street SE
Calgary, AB T2C 5A4
www.avadcanada.ca
branchmanager.calgary@avad.com
(P) 866-523-2823 / 403-203-3688
(F) 403-203-3410

AVAD Mississauga, ON
205 Courtneypark Drive West
Mississauga, ON L5W 0A5
www.avadcanada.ca
branchmanager.toronto@avad.com
(P) 866-523-2823 / 905-564-5770

Technical Support
Universal Remote Control, Inc.
500 Mamaroneck Avenue
Harrison, N.Y. 10528

post #96 of 99 Old 01-17-2010, 08:40 PM

First home theater here and have everything setup, just need to automate. When I bought the MX-880 as part of the speaker and receiver package from a home theater store, they recommended having their install crew program the remote.

I decided to try to program it myself and realized the software wasn't included. The store will provide it. My question is how hard it is to program for someone who hasn't done anything like it before. This coming from a guy who isn't computer illiterate but don't want to spend 2 days of trial and error. My concern with paying for someone to program it, is what I do if I want to add components later, add new activites, etc?

My setup:
Denon AVR-1910 Receiver
Sony Blu Ray (forget model but just bought it)
Comcast Cable Box with DVR
post #97 of 99 Old 01-17-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalTennenbaum View Post

I decided to try to program it myself and realized the software wasn't included. The store will provide it. My question is how hard it is to program for someone who hasn't done anything like it before. This coming from a guy who isn't computer illiterate but don't want to spend 2 days of trial and error. My concern with paying for someone to program it, is what I do if I want to add components later, add new activites, etc?

That's an interesting question. I would say the mx-880 is a fairly easy remote to program if you have a solid plan for what you want to do and how. That being said, programming any remote requires quite a bit of trial and error and the learning curve can be steep.

If you don't want to invest the time consider asking them to program it and provide the software. That way they can do the heavy lifting up front and you can still make changes later.
post #98 of 99 Old 08-07-2011, 07:19 AM

one of my electronic store are going out of business ( american tv) and they sell mx 880 up to 70% off but when i ask for software and they refuse to give it out and he said they no longer support or have a installer come out and do the install , can anyone tell me if i go to local dealer different than american tv will they give me the software? i doubt that ,
the problem i have now are spend over hundreds of dollar but what i have now just a pice of junk or just a brick
can anyone help me with this problem please
thank you
post #99 of 99 Old 08-12-2011, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pterpm View Post

one of my electronic store are going out of business ( american tv) and they sell mx 880 up to 70% off but when i ask for software and they refuse to give it out and he said they no longer support or have a installer come out and do the install , can anyone tell me if i go to local dealer different than american tv will they give me the software? i doubt that ,
the problem i have now are spend over hundreds of dollar but what i have now just a pice of junk or just a brick
can anyone help me with this problem please
thank you

It really depends on the policy of that individual dealer. I am a URC direct dealer and my policy is clear: Remote controllers that are purchased through me are subject to the inclusion of software as long as the end user signs a confidentiality agreement stating he/she is not allow to disseminate the software to a third party. If a person is purchasing programming it is a case by case basis depending on the situation and the person's intentions. Last, I offer lifetime optional contracts that allow for free programming changes for the lifetime of the remote in the event new eqipment is introduced and old equipment is phased out. This gives the end user a sense of comfort that they can make changes to the system with incurring future costs or need to get some other revampled version of the software.

Every dealer is different, this is just the policy I try to follow. URC makes no exact policy and leaves it in our hands since we are selling and protecting the product line. I will most likely incorporate the new policy in the new product line unless told differently.

ALWAYS ask your dealer or person you are purchasing from what their policy is and make sure you are protected by purchasing through authorized means. Even a 75% discount on a $500 remote means you purchased a $150 brick.

Vincent

Total Control Remotes

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page