Tc-30 update fix!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-13-2008, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, For all of you who are having problems updating your TC-30.

The solution is quite simple,

DO NOT UPDATE BEYOND VERSION 5.1.4 of the software. The updated version 5.3.X.X breaks connectivity.

There is an issue with Logitech's side of the software.

Simply disconnect yourself from your network. If you are using a LAN *oversided phone cable* or *Cat5e* from the back. If you are using a laptop or a wireless connection disable it as well.

Launch the 5.1.4 software when you are disconnected. It will come up screaming about not being able to connect to the site and asking you to check your ISP.

Reconnect your computer to the network/internet. Click on Next. You will now be able to access all updates and properly communicate with your remote.

You must do this EVERY TIME you wish to update/change settings on your remote.

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If there was an excellence award for the best post on this board this one would be a candidate number one.
And I'm saying this not because this solution helped to revive my otherwise useless remote.

Coming up with this solution requires an excellent debugging skills, know-how, internals of the software and, usually, an access to a source code and a database.

Do you have an access to the source code?

It goes without saying that HK tech support claimed (three calls) that the remote got broken; Logitech (first and second levels) could not transfer my configuration (13 devices, 10 activities, a few learned commands and all arrangements and timeouts) to a new Harmony remote even so they could access my account with HK.

Thank you, superfatman, very much.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page