The Harmony 1100 Owner's Thread... - Page 25 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #721 of 2058 Old 01-18-2010, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

I'm at the bottom of the IR window for the devices, where all the IR options are listed - at the bottom, I enter a name for "Learn a New Command", and then trying learning it

Am I in the wrong spot?

Oops, I see there's a custom option...lets disconnect the Wireless Extender for the 348th time and see what happens....

Thanks

Listening: Constantinople from "Modern Cool" by Patricia Barber (Rating 8/10) • Watching: "Captain America: The First Avenger" (Blu Ray ISO) (Rating 9/10)
Thrang's Theater: Sony VPLVW-1100 - Bowers & Willkins 800/802/803/HTM2D D2 Diamond - JL Audio Fathom 113 - Lumagen 2143 - McIntosh MX-151 - Parasound Halo JC1/A51 - Oppo 103 - Dune Smart B1/Synology 20TB NAS - DirecTV Genie - TiVo Roamio - Apple TV - PS4 • Audio: Sennheiser HD800 - Oppo HA1 - Kef LS50 - iTunes/Pure Music - iMac 5k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 2058 Old 01-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie b View Post

I tried searching for this, so sorry if its already been discussed.

All my activities involve using my projector, but when I switch them, and the projector is already on, of course it turns off because the only command available in the harmony menu is powertoggle. How do I get the discrete on and off hex codes in there?

Also, how do I get the projector to turn off (when I actually want it to turn off)? It needs a confirm button after hitting the powertoggle, and I don't see where to add that into the sequencing.

post #723 of 2058 Old 01-18-2010, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie b View Post

I tried searching for this, so sorry if its already been discussed.

All my activities involve using my projector, but when I switch them, and the projector is already on, of course it turns off because the only command available in the harmony menu is powertoggle. How do I get the discrete on and off hex codes in there?

The Harmony is supposed to have "state memory" to remember what is on and what is off, so this should not be an issue. However, I notice that my AVR gets "Main Power On" commands whenever I switch activities. Seems like they goofed...

However, IF you can find discrete on/off commands somewhere, you can fix it. What make and model projector do you have? Does your remote have separate on/off buttons?

Another work around would be to set your projector to "always on" and then turn it on and off yourself. That's not what you really wanted from this remote, but it would work.
post #724 of 2058 Old 01-18-2010, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 40
mookie b first, in case it hasn't been resolved your projector shouldn't be turning off every time you switch activities so long as you are entering what your doing via activities. Smart state would know the projector is on and if you set it up with a power toggle command it knows not to send that again. If you have that device set as one button for on and one button for off it might in fact send the power toggle command again. So make sure that the projector as a device is set up as one button for power toggle.

Actually if you need a 2 step command for power off then may need to set it up as 2 separate buttons. You then can tell the software you need more than one button press to power off the device ie. power toggle and ok if "ok" is the confirmation for power off.

You would need to set both of the above thru the device wizard.

Also check the menu for the proj. cause sometimes you can set the projector to remove the confirmation for the power off.
post #725 of 2058 Old 01-18-2010, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Didn't know about theat Chuck, perhaps contacting support will help in removing the power on command... Curious.
post #726 of 2058 Old 01-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck657 View Post

The Harmony is supposed to have "state memory" to remember what is on and what is off, so this should not be an issue. However, I notice that my AVR gets "Main Power On" commands whenever I switch activities. Seems like they goofed...

However, IF you can find discrete on/off commands somewhere, you can fix it. What make and model projector do you have? Does your remote have separate on/off buttons?

Another work around would be to set your projector to "always on" and then turn it on and off yourself. That's not what you really wanted from this remote, but it would work.

Its a Panasonic A3000. I'll play around with the suggestions. I found discrete on/off codes, but don't know what to do with them. With the harmony one i bought for another room, it remembered what was on and off which was cool. For some reason though this one isn't working. I've only had it for 12 hours so I'll play with it some.

BTW, these are minor issues that I'll figure out. I love the remote. Very easy for my family to use, and looks awesome.

post #727 of 2058 Old 01-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck657 View Post

OK, the "state memory" thing is good. I just needed to run through it a few times with the help wizard. Advice to others, just be patient with the help thing and it will figure it out.

I have discrete on/off commands, but what do I do with them?

post #728 of 2058 Old 01-18-2010, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok, so I tried the RAW learning to get my lights to turn on and off when playing/pausing sources:

- The RAW mode would not learn the macro IR's from my Nevo, which work fine - kept saying a poor signal was detected. Tried all different distances - didn.t matter. Used on its own, the Nevo does reliable play/pause and raise/lower lights.

- I tried the manual approach of pressing play on one remote, and the lights off from the lighting control remote. This worked for the Sony BDP Blu Ray player and the Tivo Series 3, but will not work for the Direct TV HD DVR I have.

Is there a special technique to get this to work more reliably? I tried longer and short presses with no difference. I'm pressing the source function first, release, then immediate press of the lighting command.

Thanks

Listening: Constantinople from "Modern Cool" by Patricia Barber (Rating 8/10) • Watching: "Captain America: The First Avenger" (Blu Ray ISO) (Rating 9/10)
Thrang's Theater: Sony VPLVW-1100 - Bowers & Willkins 800/802/803/HTM2D D2 Diamond - JL Audio Fathom 113 - Lumagen 2143 - McIntosh MX-151 - Parasound Halo JC1/A51 - Oppo 103 - Dune Smart B1/Synology 20TB NAS - DirecTV Genie - TiVo Roamio - Apple TV - PS4 • Audio: Sennheiser HD800 - Oppo HA1 - Kef LS50 - iTunes/Pure Music - iMac 5k
post #729 of 2058 Old 01-18-2010, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Things could be fickle thrang, I had issues the first couple of times, I think the database was being kind of overwhelmed to though as it was over the holidays.

I tried it a day or so later and was able to successfully do everything, except one function that was not taking. I had to recreate another name for it and for whatever reason this time it took, I think it may have taken in regular mode vs. RAW so try both with a different name. Also one command I set up had 4 identical button presses the first time I tried it only got 3 of the 4 but it worked when I tried to re-learn.

It can get fustrating but hang in there, it sounds the way your doing the button presses is the right way, just be sure there is not a pause when you release, it should be press, press without much thought to the release if you know what I mean.
post #730 of 2058 Old 01-18-2010, 11:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Generally short presses with a tiny space work best. I think you have about a 2-3 second window to get all the commands in. I can see DirecTV being the troublesome since it's signal is by far the longest and most complex.

Now you can understand why so many of us are so pi**ed at logitech for removing sequence capability from their new models. What you're wanting to do would be incredibly easy to do in a sequence.
post #731 of 2058 Old 01-18-2010, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

It's difficult to believe they can't add sequences...I have the 880 and 1100 and they both go thru the same software for update even though the firmware for each is different.
post #732 of 2058 Old 01-18-2010, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

thrang, I forgot to mention something someone had said previously. If your using a laptop be sure to place the remote away from the screen and keyboard as this could cause interference when trying to teach the remote. I imagine a desktop monitor could cause interference, just something else to be aware of.
post #733 of 2058 Old 01-19-2010, 08:26 PM

Hello I am having some handshake issues and I want to make sure I am turning on my devices in the right order. I am turning on my tv, receiver, and Blu-ray player. What is the proper order?

Joe
post #734 of 2058 Old 01-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1515 View Post

Hello I am having some handshake issues and I want to make sure I am turning on my devices in the right order. I am turning on my tv, receiver, and Blu-ray player. What is the proper order?

Joe

Try Blu Ray Player (or cable box if watching TV first), then receiver, then TV.

post #735 of 2058 Old 01-20-2010, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I haven't read the whole thread so this might have been mentioned already, the 1100 cannot do sequences but if you have another harmony remote you can learn the sequence to the 1100 as a single command.

Hakka.
post #736 of 2058 Old 01-20-2010, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 View Post

thrang, I forgot to mention something someone had said previously. If your using a laptop be sure to place the remote away from the screen and keyboard as this could cause interference when trying to teach the remote. I imagine a desktop monitor could cause interference, just something else to be aware of.

Thanks, but none of this works for the DirecTV +lighting control. Works for the Sony BDP and Tivo w/ lighting control, but I get either poor IR signal or only one of the two commands learned when I try to force feed a manual sequence using the RAW learning mode.../

post #737 of 2058 Old 01-20-2010, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Sorry to hear that thrang.

The only other things I may suggest is if someone else has had success with Directv and the same type of lighting device, if they would be kind enough to contact support and have the command added to the database. I have cable so no dice from me.

The other thing is getting a cheap learning remote for about 10 bucks and see if you can teach it to that remote and then trying to teach it to the H1100. This is one method which some folks used prior to sequences.
post #738 of 2058 Old 01-20-2010, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 View Post

Sorry to hear that thrang.

The only other things I may suggest is if someone else has had success with Directv and the same type of lighting device, if they would be kind enough to contact support and have the command added to the database. I have cable so no dice from me.

The other thing is getting a cheap learning remote for about 10 bucks and see if you can teach it to that remote and then trying to teach it to the H1100. This is one method which some folks used prior to sequences.

Yes, well I tired learning the sequence from my NeVo SL remote, which works, but no dice - poor IR error....

Thanks

post #739 of 2058 Old 01-20-2010, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

That's right, I forgot, bummer. Hey logitech has a lab, I was told by the last rep I spoke to. Maybe they'll be willing to try to learn the commands for you with their other remotes to an 1100 and then add to your account.

The other option is if someone is able to get the pronto hex codes for you they are able to take those and load them as a command into your profile.
post #740 of 2058 Old 01-20-2010, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

I think I have the HEX codes for the lighting on and off...I've got to think the DirecTV play and pause HEX codes are easy enough to find....

post #741 of 2058 Old 01-23-2010, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by svh19044 View Post

Try 700ms delay and 2, back down from 700ms until you get the fastest time that works correctly.

It took forever to get my 1100 to use favorites correctly, although my 890 and 1000 worked fine. You are NOT being too demanding. For the price of the remote, and as their "flagship" model, it should work correctly all of the time.

I finally got the 1100 to work and play well with the D* HR22. I ended up having to goose the delay all the way up to 1000 ms with 2 device repeats.

Family in general is very happy with the 1100. Towards the end of the life of the 1000, they would either refuse to use the volume controls (because of the runaway volume problem) or just would not use the remote at all. They are happily clicking away, and now the PS3 is properly connected to the system as well so we don't have to worry about the separate PS3 remote when watching Blu-Rays.

Thanks again for weighing in and pointing me in the right direction.
post #742 of 2058 Old 01-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Could anyone please tell me how to program the remote address for these satellite receivers on the Harmony 1100? I have two receivers that I use in my HT room, one for satellite TV and the other one for OTA TV. The remote address is 1 for the former and 2 for the latter. I need to be able to control both with my Harmony 1100 but so far I can only control the receiver that has remote address 1. Thank you.
post #743 of 2058 Old 01-24-2010, 05:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael9009 View Post

Could anyone please tell me how to program the remote address for these satellite receivers on the Harmony 1100? I have two receivers that I use in my HT room, one for satellite TV and the other one for OTA TV. The remote address is 1 for the former and 2 for the latter. I need to be able to control both with my Harmony 1100 but so far I can only control the receiver that has remote address 1. Thank you.

assuming you already have both devices in your account setup, go to the devices tab, settings for the device that's not working, then select the 'confirm IR commands' option...note this is NOT the learn IR option

then show the 3 commands from the original remote that it asks for and it should switch you over to the other command set
post #744 of 2058 Old 01-24-2010, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Actuary View Post

assuming you already have both devices in your account setup, go to the devices tab, settings for the device that's not working, then select the 'confirm IR commands' option...note this is NOT the learn IR option

then show the 3 commands from the original remote that it asks for and it should switch you over to the other command set

Thank you so much! It worked like a charm.

Now, I have a few more questions, please:

1. Both my Bell 6141 receivers are PVRs (external HDD connected) but only the one I set first shows a PVR activity icon (TV + Pause sign + Slider) and displays the Rec, Play, Pause, etc. commands by default when I start this activity. The other one shows a Watch TV icon (TV only) and defaults to the numerical key screen. How could I make both be PVRs by default?

2. I also have a Sony VPL-VW60 (Black Pearl) projector buy the inputs on the 1100 are totally wrong. For example, on the 1100 HDMI should actually be HDMI 2, S-Video 1 should be S-Video, S-Video 2 should be HDMI 1, Video 1 should be Video, Video 2 should be Component. How could I rename these inputs to their correct names?

3. Also related to the projector. If the activity requires a different input than that that the projector was used with last time, when I start the activity it will not switch the projector to the correct input. It may be that the projector does not accept the input change command before the bulb warms up (about a minute or so) and the 1100 sends the command before that. Would there be a way to send the input command with a longer delay?

Thank you Wannabe, or whoever might help.
post #745 of 2058 Old 01-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Now, I have a few more questions, please:

1. Both my Bell 6141 receivers are PVRs (external HDD connected) but only the one I set first shows a PVR activity icon (TV + Pause sign + Slider) and displays the Rec, Play, Pause, etc. commands by default when I start this activity. The other one shows a Watch TV icon (TV only) and defaults to the numerical key screen. How could I make both be PVRs by default?

2. I also have a Sony VPL-VW60 (Black Pearl) projector buy the inputs on the 1100 are totally wrong. For example, on the 1100 HDMI should actually be HDMI 2, S-Video 1 should be S-Video, S-Video 2 should be HDMI 1, Video 1 should be Video, Video 2 should be Component. How could I rename these inputs to their correct names?

3. Also related to the projector. If the activity requires a different input than that that the projector was used with last time, when I start the activity it will not switch the projector to the correct input. It may be that the projector does not accept the input change command before the bulb warms up (about a minute or so) and the 1100 sends the command before that. Would there be a way to send the input command with a longer delay?

I believe I might have found answers to Items 2 and 3 above (still need to test), but I still need help with Item 1. Any ideas?

Also, to turn off, my projector requires a double-click on the power button (power off and confirm). How do I achieve this automatically on the 1100?

Thanks.
post #746 of 2058 Old 01-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

if the activity logo isn't a pvr logo, then you nay have setup the wrong activity type
likely meaning you'll need to set it up again

once you do that, you can have any ofthe 4 sunscreens be the default screen, loom for check boxes near the top of the "customize buttons" options

as for the projector power commands, setup, devices tab, settings for the projector, adjust power commands, separate commands for on and off, that will then let you specify multiple commands for off
post #747 of 2058 Old 01-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hello,

I am a new Harmony 1100 owner. I need some help determining what I need for the following applications.

1) My AVR rack is in the back of the room (behind seating position). So need to control all of my devices.
2) I will be installing a Luton lighting system in the future. (probably GrafikEye 4 zone).

Question is this -

What do I want to control both systems? An IR blaster or the Harmony RF Extender? I get confused between these two and what will work given the above requirments.

Will they both accomplish what I need it to do?
post #748 of 2058 Old 01-24-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:

Thank you Wannabe, or whoever might help.

I'm having these exact same problems. How did you fix it?
post #749 of 2058 Old 01-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copeland View Post

I'm having these exact same problems. How did you fix it?

I went to Devices -> Projector -> Settings -> Advanced setup for this device and one of the screens has a list of inputs (I renamed all of them according to the projector's inputs) and on another screen I changed the Power-on delay to 60000 (from 20000). I have not tested the new settings but I noticed the list of inputs on the 1100 has still not changed. Strange.
post #750 of 2058 Old 01-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Actuary View Post

if the activity logo isn't a pvr logo, then you nay have setup the wrong activity type
likely meaning you'll need to set it up again

once you do that, you can have any ofthe 4 sunscreens be the default screen, loom for check boxes near the top of the "customize buttons" options

as for the projector power commands, setup, devices tab, settings for the projector, adjust power commands, separate commands for on and off, that will then let you specify multiple commands for off

I was able to change the default screens for those activities but the icons did not change. Do you mean to say I need to edit the activities or redo them from scratch and delete the old ones?...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 1100 Remcontrol , Directv , Sony

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page