Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 2038 Old 02-16-2009, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

I have not had a double hit since I did my work-around which was easy enough. I don't consider it an issue. If you have one or two components that happen to have it happen just use the original remote and "create" the command. Or try the troubleshooting frequency area (which I would ONLY do if my work-around doesn't work) under the Devices section...

Work around or not, it's strange that Harmony releases a new $600 remote as a "fix" for another $600 remote yet the same bug(s) persist. It makes one question what was actually fixed ... other than they've seemingly changed the interface architecture from Java to Flash and added those oh-so-incredible tactile feedback protuberances alongside the LCD allowing you to navigate the LCD since the backlight might not be bright enough for one to see what the LCD has on it, while increasing CPU power and canceling support for sequences just to make sure that CPUs bump in cycles really makes things look as though they run smoother.

I won't rain on your happy times with the 1100; I hope you all enjoy it and that it really is a successful remote. However, at this time I'm just not seeing how Harmony justifies releasing another (half baked) 1000 series remote at this price point. This time, they've not cut corners -- they've eliminated the need to cut corners simply by getting rid of the features that if not implemented properly would show corner cutting (smart). If the VolumeUp repeating problem still exists, they've seriously failed at least one aspect of this new product, as this was a serious issue that needed to be addressed lest some customer's audio equipment get blown across town along with said customer's ear drums, lawsuit ensuing. Seeing the Harmony One, I have no doubt they can release a good product; my guess is that eventually there will be some rescue package on the way in the form of a firmware upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2038 Old 02-17-2009, 02:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I have never had the Volume running up issue (or down). I have also been using the RF extender to. And again for the double hits, it only happened once a few weeks ago and I just figured their data base had the wrong command put in so I changed that. It has NEVER occured since so I don't consider it an issue. Not when you can get rid of it inside a few minutes at the most. My 1100 has not froze once or done anything else that would make me regret getting it. I am not worried about anyone trying to rain on my parade since I have a pretty big umbrella...

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #93 of 2038 Old 02-17-2009, 04:58 AM
Advanced Member

Damn, I am still on the fence on buying this. I love new stuff, but my 1000 w/RF Extender works beautifully for almost a year. But I love new stuff!!!! Ha ha ha. The 1000 would be nice in the bedroom with the 1100 in the den.
post #94 of 2038 Old 02-17-2009, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

brent...have you tried adjusting the repeats?
post #95 of 2038 Old 02-17-2009, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Again- no issues here still. I even removed my DVD player and had to adjust all my other settings around it. Still no glitches.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #96 of 2038 Old 02-17-2009, 04:42 PM

I have not yet changed the repeat setting. I will do that tonight and report back after a few days. Learning the new IR commands, though, did not solve the problem; however, my wife agrees with me that the current double hit issue is not as bad as with the 1000. Look for a post from me by the end of the week with an update on the "fix".
post #97 of 2038 Old 02-18-2009, 03:24 AM
Advanced Member

considering there is a repeat setting (buried in the troubleshooting for the device), I would go out on a limb and say that the problem can likely be solved by changing that. typically the default is 3. I would try 1 or 2. I wouldn't try 0, as sometimes that can result in the command not being seen at all
post #98 of 2038 Old 02-18-2009, 09:02 AM

Hi guys. I was wondering if you could help me out with making a choice. I am trying to decide between an RTI tv-3 and the Harmony 1100. Obviously I know they are two totally different levels of product but I am trying to see if the Harmony would be able to handle what I need it to do. I am currently using an old Pronto. The first black and white one (i forgot the model.)

I would be controlling a total of 8 products. A Classe ssp-300, Marantz 9500 (my dvd audio /sacd player), Samsung bd-up 5000, Mitsubishi vcr, Zektor mas 7.1 hdmi switcher, Mitsubishi dlp, Direc tv hdvr and a Rotel cd player.

The thing I liked about my pronto is that it was programmed with discrete codes and the ir response was very quick for what I needed it to do. Will i be able to get that kind of quick response with the harmony and be able to control all those devices easily? I would use it via IR since all my equipment is line of sight. I would eventually get the rf just for the fun of it if I went with the Harmony.

I can get a good deal on the RTI and I would be able to get the program as well but in the end the Harmony would save me a ton of money. Especially since I have a ton of Best Buy reward zone points stored up. Sorry for the long post I just wanted to paint the full picture for you. I look forward to your response! Thanks
post #99 of 2038 Old 02-18-2009, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
i exchanged my 1000 for 1100. I was satisfied with my 1000 in general. I never used the RF extender so cant say anything about that but overal my only complain was the ir blaster being weak(not much but could be better) and slow flowing menu. My 2 complains are answered by the 1100. its way faster and the ir blaster is way stronger. I dont even have to point it to my devices. i think they removed sequences tho, i cant seem to find them.

and my vudu bx100 had play /pause rewind ff etc.... not its only like a satellite radio controls only. in 1000s setup it was listed in 2 different places now only set top box vudubx100. anybody have better settings for this device?
post #100 of 2038 Old 02-18-2009, 03:33 PM

The default repeat setting on mine was 1. I changed it to 0. Today, less than 24hrs after the change I had more double hits. Long story short, I have tried the suggested remedies without full resolution although with partial resolution compared with the 1000 (i.e. the problem is less frequent and only lasts for a few double hits in a row rather than nonstop and being nonfunctional like the 1000). While I am a little disappointed by this continued problem, I was able to upgrade for about $175 after selling the other one on Ebay and the moderate improvements other than double hits are worth it in my mind.
post #101 of 2038 Old 02-18-2009, 05:00 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

All RF remotes only communicate with their RF extenders. In the case of your DVR the remote is communicating with its base, which happens to be the DVR. So no other remote will be communicating with the DVR. You'll need an RF remote extender and need to change the DVR from RF to IR control.

This blows. I just bought this remote on recommendation from my HT installer and have 3 DTV receivers in one rack. I was hoping to control from my Harmony but looks like I'm screwed now. When the receivers are on IR a single remote drives all of them unless I put my finger over the IR button. Any idea how to deal with this?
post #102 of 2038 Old 02-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

I just bought the 1100 and have a strange problem...When I'm trying to setup the Directv dvr and my description is HR-21 it states when trying to install an "actvity" that I have nothing to change channels. Any ideas?
post #103 of 2038 Old 02-18-2009, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

Disregard previous question as I was able to figure it out. But have a couple more, 1. How does the Lutron Maestro light work. I've added to the activity when I start watching a DVD the lights come on but how do I dim or turn off using the remote? 2. How do you get the beeping noise to stop?

Thanks
post #104 of 2038 Old 02-19-2009, 05:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fuller68 View Post

I just bought the 1100 and have a strange problem...When I'm trying to setup the Directv dvr and my description is HR-21 it states when trying to install an "actvity" that I have nothing to change channels. Any ideas?

this comes up all the time on the logitech forums. for those that are curious, you basically have to add the activity, select manual at the first choice, then watch tv, etc...

the automatic activity setup is pretty bad
post #105 of 2038 Old 02-19-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkk41 View Post

Hi guys. I was wondering if you could help me out with making a choice. I am trying to decide between an RTI tv-3 and the Harmony 1100. Obviously I know they are two totally different levels of product but I am trying to see if the Harmony would be able to handle what I need it to do. I am currently using an old Pronto. The first black and white one (i forgot the model.)

I would be controlling a total of 8 products. A Classe ssp-300, Marantz 9500 (my dvd audio /sacd player), Samsung bd-up 5000, Mitsubishi vcr, Zektor mas 7.1 hdmi switcher, Mitsubishi dlp, Direc tv hdvr and a Rotel cd player.

The thing I liked about my pronto is that it was programmed with discrete codes and the ir response was very quick for what I needed it to do. Will i be able to get that kind of quick response with the harmony and be able to control all those devices easily? I would use it via IR since all my equipment is line of sight. I would eventually get the rf just for the fun of it if I went with the Harmony.

I can get a good deal on the RTI and I would be able to get the program as well but in the end the Harmony would save me a ton of money. Especially since I have a ton of Best Buy reward zone points stored up. Sorry for the long post I just wanted to paint the full picture for you. I look forward to your response! Thanks

Can anyone help with this? Little advice please ;o)
post #106 of 2038 Old 02-20-2009, 04:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Disregard previous question as I was able to figure it out. But have a couple more, 1. How does the Lutron Maestro light work. I've added to the activity when I start watching a DVD the lights come on but how do I dim or turn off using the remote? 2. How do you get the beeping noise to stop?

Thanks

Anyone know how to dim or raise the lights with the 1100? Lutron Maestro?
post #107 of 2038 Old 02-20-2009, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

I made the hard keys raise and lower. Pushing UP and they raise, push DOWN lowers them. The Lutron Maestro is in their database.

post #108 of 2038 Old 02-20-2009, 11:24 AM

Got this remote about 2 weeks ago, it's controlling my samsung series 8, directv receiver, denon receiver, playstation 3 with an ir dongle, and soon my htpc.

it's great, I have it go through a series of menu commands to turn the internal speaker off of the tv when watching a movie in surround because you get a little bit of a delay when you have both speakers on, and the mute icon stays on the TV all the time when the TV is muted.

because of the really bad ir problems the series 8 has, I have the rf receiver and have the ir thingies attached to all my components and I use rf only... before I set up this rf extender I was having a lot of problems when the tv first came on, but everything works perfect now and I couldn't be happier.
post #109 of 2038 Old 02-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkk41 View Post

Can anyone help with this? Little advice please ;o)

clark, I can't comment on how quick it will be compared to the other remotes, but if discrete commands exist, then they'll either be in the database already, or you can likely get your hands on them and have them added to the database by logitech (if they're in hex format) or learn them in yourself if you have them on another remote.
post #110 of 2038 Old 02-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

For the life of me I can't get the 1100 to work my Maestro lights. I even see them in the database but no matter how many buttons I push they don't dim or come on. The only time they seem to work is when I hit watch bluray the lights come on in full.
post #111 of 2038 Old 02-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

For the life of me I can't get the 1100 to work my Maestro lights. I even see them in the database but no matter how many buttons I push they don't dim or come on. The only time they seem to work is when I hit watch bluray the lights come on in full.

I see how to work it now...No need to answer...Thx
post #112 of 2038 Old 02-23-2009, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Still no more double hit episodes on my end. The 1100 has worked out quite well.

post #113 of 2038 Old 02-25-2009, 05:56 PM

I just purchased the 1100 with the RF extender, has anyone used the extender with direct IR input, or must you use the emitter?

Thanks

JT
post #114 of 2038 Old 02-26-2009, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

I use it with both. Some of my equipment have the emitters (for the RF extender) while a few (like my VP) do not. No worries, all works well.

post #115 of 2038 Old 02-26-2009, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member

I use a male to male stereo cable directly into my onkyo 806. the rest of my devices are controlled via the IR blasters
post #116 of 2038 Old 02-26-2009, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Thats a damn good idea!

post #117 of 2038 Old 02-26-2009, 06:46 PM

Quick question..
I was thinking about the 1100 and maestro dimmers...
But I have three seperate dimmers to work, can you work all three seperate with the remote, or is it an all or nothing kind of thing??
1st dimmer is front can lights
2nd dimmer is rear can lights
3rd dimmer is sconce up lighting...

Link to HT Pics

post #118 of 2038 Old 02-27-2009, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
If you get Lutron Maestro dimmers they will all respond to the same IR commands. So if you don't mind turning all the lights off, on, or to one scene, then they will work fine.

If you need more control you have to look into the Lutron Spacer system.
post #119 of 2038 Old 02-27-2009, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

I added a new component (Pioneer SC-07) to my 1100. Still getting the job done!

post #120 of 2038 Old 02-27-2009, 06:53 PM

can't believe you got the sc-07.....
best,
chris
ps you should probably hold onto that 886 as i have a feeling you will be back to it...
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 1100 Remcontrol , Directv , Sony

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page