The Harmony 1100 Owner's Thread... - Page 68 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2011 of 2038 Old 04-02-2013, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You just need to calibrate unit. Take the battery out put it back in and hold the off bottom. I think it's the off bottom. If not do a search. You will have to recalibrate every once and a white. One time I had all images turn upside down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2038 Old 04-02-2013, 06:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcmartin View Post

You just need to calibrate unit. Take the battery out put it back in and hold the off bottom. I think it's the off bottom. If not do a search. You will have to recalibrate every once and a white. One time I had all images turn upside down.
I think you've got a typo unless you meant to write "off bottom" twice. biggrin.gif

I've never had to recalibrate my 1100, but I did a Google search and found these instructions. They are a little different than yours.

This article applies to the following products:
Harmony 1100
Harmony 1000

If the touch screen is not responding on your Harmony remote, follow the instructions below to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Remove the battery from the remote
2. While pressing down on the Off button (small button to the top left of the LCD) reinsert the battery and continue holding the Off button until the LCD screen displays Safe Mode

3. Remove the battery and wait for 5 seconds
4. Reinsert the battery
5. The remote will boot up and you will be prompted to calibrate the screen by touching specific areas on the screen
6 When the calibration is complete, the remote will then display your Activities
7 Test to see if the touch screen responds

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14357/~/touch-screen-not-responding-on-harmony-remote
routabout likes this.

Calibration Resources:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2013 of 2038 Old 04-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by iballin88 View Post

Does anyone else's harmony 1100 some what harder to click the top right touch icon, like the channel favorites heart in watch tv.. and the the disc icon when watching a dvd activity it sometimes takes me a few trys to click it... should I exchange it or are all of them like this ?

You need to reprogram the screen.

I wish I could remember how to do it.

Take out the battery, place it back in at the same to push the Off button???????

Call Harmony and ask them how to reset the touch zones on the screen.

Sorry, I could not fully remember

8.3 Surround, protected by APC H15 & UPS BC750G
Speakers: SpeakerCraft: 6 AIM8 Fives & 2 TIME Fives used as Wides
Woofers: SVS PB13-Ultra (1), HSU MBM-12 MK2 (2)
Samsung PN64F8500
Oppo 93, Denon 4311CI, Harmony 1100, 9 Noctua cooling fans, Darbee Darblet
post #2014 of 2038 Old 04-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Advanced Member

Exactly like the following. It will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

I think you've got a typo unless you meant to write "off bottom" twice. biggrin.gif

I've never had to recalibrate my 1100, but I did a Google search and found these instructions. They are a little different than yours.

This article applies to the following products:
Harmony 1100
Harmony 1000

If the touch screen is not responding on your Harmony remote, follow the instructions below to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Remove the battery from the remote
2. While pressing down on the Off button (small button to the top left of the LCD) reinsert the battery and continue holding the Off button until the LCD screen displays Safe Mode

3. Remove the battery and wait for 5 seconds
4. Reinsert the battery
5. The remote will boot up and you will be prompted to calibrate the screen by touching specific areas on the screen
6 When the calibration is complete, the remote will then display your Activities
7 Test to see if the touch screen responds

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14357/~/touch-screen-not-responding-on-harmony-remote

Samsung PN64F8500
post #2015 of 2038 Old 04-03-2013, 10:09 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimShaw View Post

Exactly like the following. It will help
I did it , but sadly the calibration doesnt include the top right corner =/... which is where I find a little hard to click, unless I put my finger on the top right corner then roll my thumb onto the heart, works fine that way

Its only hard to click the top right icon when in watch tv and the favorites heart in the top right corner is hard to click... but the wrench is easy to click which is in the exact same spot.... noone has this issue at all?... find it abit hard to believe, cause its not like that area is inresponsive, just the heart is hard to click in watch TV favorite channels =/
post #2016 of 2038 Old 04-03-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:

I did it , but sadly the calibration doesnt include the top right corner =/... which is where I find a little hard to click, unless I put my finger on the top right corner then roll my thumb onto the heart, works fine that way

Its only hard to click the top right icon when in watch tv and the favorites heart in the top right corner is hard to click... but the wrench is easy to click which is in the exact same spot.... noone has this issue at all?... find it abit hard to believe, cause its not like that area is inresponsive, just the heart is hard to click in watch TV favorite channels =/
whew!! fixed it... except if your screens abit off even after calibrating it exactly how they tell you to with the target thingys, you need to actually try going slightly off to the side of the target, with the right or left thumb whichever has the issue in my case with my right thumb I went slightly to the left, bam works perfect, thanks a bunch for the help guys!!
post #2017 of 2038 Old 04-03-2013, 11:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:

thanks a bunch for the help guys!!
smile.gif

Calibration Resources:

post #2018 of 2038 Old 04-04-2013, 12:27 PM

So is it ok to download icons from anywhere if the main site everyone uses doesnt have it? like can I just take any picture, and resize it in paint to fit properly without affecting my device? I cant imagine why it wouldent be ok, pictures are pictures, Im currently using the s q u a r e e y e s i c o n h a r m o n y site but they don't have everything for canada I need. helps greatly appreciated thanks

ALSO: a new issue... on my panasonic ut50... my hard button directional left and right are doubling up with 1 click....but doesnt do it on other devices such as my PVR =/ could someone please help with this...I don't use the extender.. to save people the question, I dont need it at all.

I guess Ide be asking for too much but... Ide like to put my TVs button 3D on my watch blu-ray activity unfortunately when I have the 3D icon with my watch blu-ray activity screen, the hard buttons won't control any of the TVs menus unless I go into devices and go into TV manually... and I obv can't switch the hard buttons commands cause ill need that for the blu-ray player as the activity defaults on its own... but I wish the device could some how prioritize if I open a TV option in my activity the hard buttons become available while that menus open, feels like its impossible and im asking alot... but at the same time its kind of what the controllers for, I know I could probably make icons as TV menu directionals but I dont think ide wanna do that, I was just thinking if they allow say TV menu on the icon bars then how come its not controllable without switching the hard button commands on the software which wouldent be good anyways considering Ide need them to be commanding the main device once whatever menu is closed
post #2019 of 2038 Old 04-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
iballin88, would u mind sending me the list of Canadian tv icons missing frm my site's 1100 database. chances are that if you would like them then others would as well. i'll let u know when they're done if you still want to use them. I sent u a pm too if u want send them to me that way to keep this thread clear.
thnx in advance, r

follow icon updates, av & remote info on
and

post #2020 of 2038 Old 04-22-2013, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Well my 1100 charging station died. Since I earn a living servicing electronics I took my trusty voltmeter to the adapter output.
It measured 5.9 volts as it should. Since I'm under warranty I called Logitech and explained the situation. After repeatedly stating that the adapter was good but there was no voltage at the charging contacts, I was told they were sending out a new adapter but not the base unit.
So I guess I get to wait for the adapter to arrive, test it, spend another 45 minutes on the phone with iLogitech, then wait another week or so for the base unit.
post #2021 of 2038 Old 05-13-2013, 11:17 AM

I have a problem with the range of my RF Extender. The placement of my components are just far enough away to cause a problem with reception (walls and appliances in the path). Is there a way to boost or repeat the signal coming from the 1100 to get it to the receiver?

I tried a search of this thread but there were far too many common terms to get any usable results.
post #2022 of 2038 Old 05-22-2013, 10:25 AM

Hi, I have IR Controlled Electric Curtains (Silent Gliss), IR Controlled Light Dimmer (Lutron) and IR Controlled TV/amp/blu ray etc. Makes sense to get a 1100.

However the Curtains are behind me as I sit facing the TV etc. is the IR emitter on the Harmony on the front, I would need to swing round and point at curtains lol?

Would it make sense getting RF extender?

Does the Harmony do a list of commands as one push, so for example turn on/open all above with one button?

Thanks

Steve
post #2023 of 2038 Old 05-22-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviewatcher123 View Post

Hi, I have IR Controlled Electric Curtains (Silent Gliss), IR Controlled Light Dimmer (Lutron) and IR Controlled TV/amp/blu ray etc. Makes sense to get a 1100.

However the Curtains are behind me as I sit facing the TV etc. is the IR emitter on the Harmony on the front, I would need to swing round and point at curtains lol?

Would it make sense getting RF extender?

Does the Harmony do a list of commands as one push, so for example turn on/open all above with one button?

Thanks

Steve

Yes the IR emitter is on the front so you would have to make sure you have line of sight to the IR receiver for the curtains...you may be able to find a "sweet spot" in the room where you could point the remote and have the IR beams bounce off the wall to hit all your components, but this is 100% reliable.

The RF extender would probably be your best bet but I have no experience with it...according to logitech, you have to have the little emitters that come with it be in direct line of sight of the IR receiver on your components....however, I have seen people who had no line of sight to any of their components or the RF extender be able to control all of their hidden components flawlessly...hope that helps.
post #2024 of 2038 Old 05-22-2013, 12:06 PM

Ok no problem, Thanks for that.

Regarding the multiple commands on one touch, its not restricted to 5 like the previous models is it? I would be looking to do 6 or 7 commands on the "Watch Movie" button...
post #2025 of 2038 Old 05-22-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:

Regarding the multiple commands on one touch, its not restricted to 5 like the previous models is it? I would be looking to do 6 or 7 commands on the "Watch Movie" button...

That I'm not sure of...
post #2026 of 2038 Old 05-28-2013, 05:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:

The Touch supports 10 step sequences.

post #2027 of 2038 Old 05-28-2013, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:

You are confused about how multiple commands work on harmony remtoes. All harmony models (except the 200 and 300) have no practical limit on the number of commands in an activity like "Watch Movie". The 5 step limit you are talking about is in "sequences" which are not activity buttons but any arbitrary button. Most harmony remotes have a 5 step limit on sequences, the Touch has a 10 step limit, and the 1100 and 900 have a zero step limit (they can't do sequences at all). Activities are not sequences. Most any harmony remote, including the 1100, will let you add 6 or 7 commands to an activity macro.

post #2028 of 2038 Old 05-28-2013, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Guys, I just acquired an 1100 for almost nothing and thought to post up a quick question without reading through all 2000+ posts.

I'll head back to review the first few pages or so but I'm wondering if you have any advice for a first time user. Is there a link you can share maybe?

Much appreciated!

Drew

Soon...pic of my measly setup
post #2029 of 2038 Old 05-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew888 View Post

Guys, I just acquired an 1100 for almost nothing and thought to post up a quick question without reading through all 2000+ posts.

I'll head back to review the first few pages or so but I'm wondering if you have any advice for a first time user. Is there a link you can share maybe?

Much appreciated!

Drew

I say just get into it and go. Add the devises and start programming. You can't hurt a thing. If it doesn't work the way you want, reprogram. I have been doing mine for years and I still do tinkering and small changes. It is part of the fun of learning.

m

Samsung PN64F8500
post #2030 of 2038 Old 09-09-2013, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 387
I've had an 1100 for a couple if years. My dad gave it to me because he could never figure out how to turn on everything to watch tv when he comes to visit. Mostly use it just to turn everything on and use it for bluray watching. I recently just upgraded my avr to a new denon x4000 from a Sony 4400es. When swapping the avrs in the 1100 setup, I've screwed something up somehow. It used to be that if I was watching tv and switched to watch a movie, bluray would turn on and the avr and TV would change to their appropriate inputs. However, now when changing btw activities that both use the tv, it turns it off. Actually, the bluray player turns on and then back off too when switching to Watch movie. Can anyone please help? Thanks!
post #2031 of 2038 Old 09-10-2013, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Turn off HDMI control in all your devices.

post #2032 of 2038 Old 09-10-2013, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

MdaveJ is correct. Please see this help article for more information.

post #2033 of 2038 Old 09-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Advanced Member

Originally, I owned the 1000 but that model was pretty bad. In fact, bad enough that Logitech replaced mine with the 1100 which I have now owned for a few years. Love the 1100 and all that it can do.

Now I am starting to wonder what am I gong to do when my 1100 finally cr-ps out. I have programmed the new Harmony Ultimate for a neighbor. It's OK but not like the 1100. On the 1100, there are so many commands that are available without having to change to many different screens as on the Ultimate.

For those of you that own and love the 1100, what are you going to do when it's end arrives? I have been considering picking up one on eBay as a future back up. You???

m

Samsung PN64F8500
post #2034 of 2038 Old 09-22-2013, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post

MdaveJ is correct. Please see this help article for more information.
Thanks that did it!
post #2035 of 2038 Old 10-08-2013, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I am wondering if anyone else has run across issues of the remote not responding to either codes to start up, shutdown, or control certain devices. I am more and more frequently having problems with my remote and I don't know if it is something in my settings or if there is a problem with either the remote or the RF extender. The remote will show the commands as being sent but they are not received at the device. Anyone know what maybe causing this?
post #2036 of 2038 Old 12-23-2013, 06:31 PM

I am having the same issue with the 1100 (act stays on for a few secs then nothing).  was anything resolved with this?  I'm thinking it could need a new battery.  Logitech is no longer giving the 50% discount.  LMK.  thanks.

post #2037 of 2038 Old 01-06-2014, 09:25 PM

If I hit the power off button on this remote and for some reason, the TV doesn't turn off, why can't I just hit the power button again to reissue the command?

You're telling me I then have to go through 3 or 4 steps to turn off the TV?
post #2038 of 2038 Old 05-31-2014, 03:25 AM

HI guys ... new user with a new 1100 Touch.

Sorry to say that i've fallen at the first hurdle and can't even get my TV working through this remote. Anyone able to assist?

I've got an Optoma RD65 but being based in UK it's the european version with scart inputs. Anyway that's the least of my problems. The TV has a lot of inputs which are selected via an on screen menu once having pressed 'SourceSel' but firstly i'm not being offerred up the correct inputs (maybe US based version) and secondly to select an input you need to move within the onscreen menu. How do i do this within the 1100? I have selected option 4 when it comes to setting up my inputs as that was the only one which made sense but once I get there none of the options makes any sense as I could be coming to the source selection from any one of the inputs and therefore have to move within the menu. It's this moving around which i cant get my head around. Help!

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 1100 Remcontrol , Directv , Sony

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page