The Harmony 1100 Owner's Thread... - Page 70 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #2071 of 2074 Old 01-22-2016, 01:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
Am I the last person at AVS who still owns a Harmony 1100?
Add another "nope!" to the responses!

I have two 1100's for two separate systems - a main level "everyday" system, and a dedicated basement media room that's typically only used on the weekends. And a friend of mine also has one, which he bought quite a few years ago via my recommendation.

I only use the RF feature in the media room, for controlling the Lutron Maestro IR dimmer switch. All other signals are IR, which are send to the remote equipment rack via a Xantech repeater system. About the only RF issue I have is when the cleaners might bump the stand where the blaster is...

BTW, I see you're in Palo Alto. I worked on a project at Stanford shopping center back in 2010, so was onsite a few times...you live in a great area!

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 2074 Old 01-23-2016, 07:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 View Post
Add another "nope!" to the responses!

BTW, I see you're in Palo Alto. I worked on a project at Stanford shopping center back in 2010, so was onsite a few times...you live in a great area!
Seattle is great too.

RF is essential in our setup because everything except the Kuro is in another room.
post #2073 of 2074 Old 01-23-2016, 09:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Seattle is great too.
Maybe not this week - weather's been crap!

Quote:
RF is essential in our setup because everything except the Kuro is in another room.
I remember your posts over in the 9G Elite thread - I'm also a 141 owner which is part of my everyday system, and even that is not used often enough (only ~4300 hours on the panel).

For the media room, I had thought about going full RF since all gear except the PJ is in another room, but instead installed the Xantech setup for quickest response. Glad to know your RF works well so I might have to try that option down the road...

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
post #2074 of 2074 Old 01-27-2016, 03:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 View Post
Maybe not this week - weather's been crap!

I remember your posts over in the 9G Elite thread - I'm also a 141 owner which is part of my everyday system, and even that is not used often enough (only ~4300 hours on the panel).

For the media room, I had thought about going full RF since all gear except the PJ is in another room, but instead installed the Xantech setup for quickest response. Glad to know your RF works well so I might have to try that option down the road...
All of our components are on a rack behind the same wall where the TV is hung. I brought a IR blaster back through the wall and pasted it to the TV's receptor. I'm at the point where I don't mess with anything that works reasonably well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 1100 Remcontrol , Directv , Sony