UFC RF20 - How tor reorganize or delete devices on main page? - AVS Forum
Remote Control Area > UFC RF20 - How tor reorganize or delete devices on main page?
greenzee's Avatar greenzee 09:50 AM 02-21-2009
Is it possible to delete, or push a component listed on the RF20's Main screen to the second page? Specifically, "Cable" is listed on Page 1, and I have no cable box, only DirecTV, which is covered by "Sat" on Page 2. I'd like to get "Sat" on Page 1 if possible.

Thanks for your help.

Edmund's Avatar Edmund 10:18 AM 02-21-2009
Yes, if you're using preset code, just simply getting the code from the SAT library codes will change the name of the device to SAT.

Like so:

1. press MAIN & ENT
2. PRO-P
3. CABLE device
4. SAT device
5. enter sat code
6. main
7. main

If you're teaching, you can edit the name of the device like so:

1. main & ent
2. edit
3. text
4. press PAGE twice until top of screen changes to MAIN
5. pick device to edit, and edit as usually
schmeddles's Avatar schmeddles 06:03 PM 03-28-2014

I tried this with my Roku device and the code for that wouldn't "take" There must be some kind of validation for cable like devices

Edmund's Avatar Edmund 06:26 PM 03-28-2014
There are no Roku codes in the RF20 remote.
schmeddles's Avatar schmeddles 12:52 PM 03-29-2014

There is a code for the Roku 3. The Roku 3 is the only one it works with and that fairly new itself. I just bought my RF20 so perhaps they updated the list.

Anyway try 565

Vin's Avatar Vin 12:05 PM 04-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeddles View Post

There is a code for the Roku 3. The Roku 3 is the only one it works with and that fairly new itself. I just bought my RF20 so perhaps they updated the list.

Anyway try 565

I've been using the Roku code 565 with my 1st generation Roku box.  For anyone interested, the code is found in the AUX library.

alumiu90's Avatar alumiu90 05:15 PM 05-11-2014

Anyone know the code to use with the RF20 and a Sony BDP-S5100 Blu-ray player?  I have not been able to find a good code to use on the internet or the product manual that will allow must functions to work as if I was using the Sony remote. 

Thanks

Edmund's Avatar Edmund 10:27 PM 05-11-2014
Teach the commands from the sony remote to the rf20.
Vin's Avatar Vin 07:22 AM 05-21-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alumiu90 View Post

Anyone know the code to use with the RF20 and a Sony BDP-S5100 Blu-ray player?  I have not been able to find a good code to use on the internet or the product manual that will allow must functions to work as if I was using the Sony remote.

Thanks

I ran into the same problem with the URC RF20 and the Sony BDP-S5100 Blu-ray player.....learning all the commands from the Sony remote as Edmund is suggesting easily solved the problem.  However, I no longer have the RF20 and have since replaced it with a URC MX-350 (picked up a used but like-new unit on ebay for $35 shipped) which is very similar to the RF20 and was expecting to have to learn all the commands again for my Sony Blu-ray player but DVD code 286 worked...just thought I'd mention this for you or anyone else with the RF20....no guarantee that this code is now included in the RF20 library but it might be worth a shot.

Edmund's Avatar Edmund 02:42 PM 05-21-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post

I ran into the same problem with the URC RF20 and the Sony BDP-S5100 Blu-ray player.....learning all the commands from the Sony remote as Edmund is suggesting easily solved the problem.  However, I no longer have the RF20 and have since replaced it with a URC MX-350 (picked up a used but like-new unit on ebay for $35 shipped) which is very similar to the RF20 and was expecting to have to learn all the commands again for my Sony Blu-ray player but DVD code 286 worked...just thought I'd mention this for you or anyone else with the RF20....no guarantee that this code is now included in the RF20 library but it might be worth a shot.

The mx-350 can have its library upgraded via the PCL-300, or fried. So be careful using that piece. Sorry it doesn't work on RF20.
alumiu90's Avatar alumiu90 09:37 AM 05-22-2014
Vin,

Thank you. I will try 286 tonight. I taught the remote most of the buttons but have problems from time to time.
Vin's Avatar Vin 12:21 PM 05-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alumiu90 View Post

Vin,

Thank you. I will try 286 tonight. I taught the remote most of the buttons but have problems from time to time.

Sure...although I no longer have the RF20 I'm curious if this code works so please post back when you get a chance.

Edmund, thanks for the heads up.  The MX-350 also came with this warning page MX-350warning.jpg 254k .jpg file

Up
Mobile  Desktop