Harmony for PS3 is here - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 104 Old 06-27-2009, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 253
I just bought the PS3 adapter and it is working great with my H1.

I noticed one weird thing though, when pressing "stop" the command sent last for 5 seconds (like you are holding the button down but, I'm not). Anyone know why they may have done this? Not a big deal, especially when watching a BD or DVD (anything on a disc) because it takes about that long fo the XMB to reload. However, when you watch a video stored directly on the PS3s hard drive, the XMB loads instantly and you can't use the remote until it is done sending the stop command (about 5 seconds). Is there a way to change this?

PSN ID: RollTide1017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 104 Old 06-30-2009, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am using an IR blaster system which is repeating the IR signals to another room. My question is can I use the 2.5 mini jack to hardwire the Harmony to my IR repeater which uses 3.5 mini on its blaster out ports? Or is that only good for RF?
post #93 of 104 Old 06-30-2009, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHurricane View Post

I am using an IR blaster system which is repeating the IR signals to another room. My question is can I use the 2.5 mini jack to hardwire the Harmony to my IR repeater which uses 3.5 mini on its blaster out ports? Or is that only good for RF?

Logitechs RF wireles extender receives in RF but converts it and transmits IR to the components. So I would think this could work.
post #94 of 104 Old 08-11-2009, 12:39 AM

How can I setup the "Play DVD" activity to do additional steps?

The "Play DVD" activity is setup to power on TV, Receiver, Switch Receiver to DVD, power on PS3...

How do I add the Macro to then within the PS3, go to the DVD, and press play?

Would like to alleviate those couple of extra steps when I hit the Play DVD button.

Have the Harmony 720 and PS3 adapter.
Thanks in advance.
post #95 of 104 Old 08-17-2009, 11:09 AM

Liked: 14
Has anyone had issues with the PS3 losing sync with the Harmony unit? Not sure if it's actually because of the Harmony but it never happened in the past.
At least 3-4 times in the past month I have not been able to turn on the PS3 with the remote, everything else switches over...go over grab a standard remote and even it wont sync. Usually a power off/on solves the problem but just wanting to see if anyone else has had similar problems or not?
post #96 of 104 Old 08-17-2009, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCandler View Post

Has anyone had issues with the PS3 losing sync with the Harmony unit? Not sure if it's actually because of the Harmony but it never happened in the past.
At least 3-4 times in the past month I have not been able to turn on the PS3 with the remote, everything else switches over...go over grab a standard remote and even it wont sync. Usually a power off/on solves the problem but just wanting to see if anyone else has had similar problems or not?

I've had this problem too. My solution is to turn the PS3 on by touching the front power button. After that it's back in sync and will turn off with the 890's off button. Then, next time it turns on with the remote as it should. I think someone at the Logitech forums said that a router sitting too close to the PS3 adapter can cause this to happen from time to time. My router is about 4 ft away.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"

post #97 of 104 Old 08-17-2009, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpetuousRacer View Post

How do I add the Macro to then within the PS3, go to the DVD, and press play?

Would like to alleviate those couple of extra steps when I hit the Play DVD button. ...

My PS3 automatically plays any DVD when it is powered on. If yours does not, I'd poke around in the PS3 "Settings" menu.
post #98 of 104 Old 08-17-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post

I've had this problem too. My solution is to turn the PS3 on by touching the front power button. After that it's back in sync and will turn off with the 890's off button. Then, next time it turns on with the remote as it should. I think someone at the Logitech forums said that a router sitting too close to the PS3 adapter can cause this to happen from time to time. My router is about 4 ft away.

Interesting, my router is about 15 feet away good to know I am not the only one seeing this happen from time to time.
The strange thing is this problem started after I hooked up the Harmony adapter previous to that I had my PS3 for well over a year without issue.
post #99 of 104 Old 08-17-2009, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltiDawg View Post

My PS3 automatically plays any DVD when it is powered on. If yours does not, I'd poke around in the PS3 "Settings" menu.

If you'd like the PS3 to log you in automatically and then auto play a disc these two links will to the trick.

Auto login is only needed if you have multiple users.

Auto Login:
http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...ers/login.html

Auto play (see: Disk Auto- start under System Settings)
http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...ex_system.html

post #100 of 104 Old 08-17-2009, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCandler View Post

Interesting, my router is about 15 feet away good to know I am not the only one seeing this happen from time to time.
The strange thing is this problem started after I hooked up the Harmony adapter previous to that I had my PS3 for well over a year without issue.

I've had my PS3 since launch and never had this issue either. It's a problem with the PS3 adapter messing up our PS3's from time to time.

post #101 of 104 Old 08-18-2009, 06:23 AM

Quote:

I've had my PS3 since launch and never had this issue either. It's a problem with the PS3 adapter messing up our PS3's from time to time.

Thanks, good to know I'm not alone and that its like you said something with the adapter. Its hardly a huge deal either
post #102 of 104 Old 08-18-2009, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Not a big deal for me either. For me it only happens a few times a month.

post #103 of 104 Old 08-18-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:

I think someone at the Logitech forums said that a router sitting too close to the PS3 adapter can cause this to happen from time to time. My router is about 4 ft away.

I'll agree with the "this happens a few times a month". When I do have issues the PS3 turns on each time, but I don’t have any control over it after that with my remote(1100+RF wired directly to PS3 adaptor). My solution has also been to reboot the PS3 and everything works fine the next time. I just assumed that the adapter lost its Bluetooth sync with the PS3. My router is on another level of the house and not even remotely close to the PS3.

Louie
post #104 of 104 Old 08-19-2009, 04:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Ive had it happen a few times also but think it was more related to the PS3 not fully shutting off previously. One of the things I did to fix it was I changed one of the menu buttons on my activity screen to control the PS3 power command. Its a simple extra button to push if the PS3 doesnt turn on with the activity.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page