Please help... sanyo vizon HDTV direct tv remote pixshape function? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-10-2009, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I lost remote when I moved about a month ago. I did something and somehow reset the tv and now its the picture with two sides cut off. I know that with my remote which was a Sanyo FXYA, all I had to do was hit the PixShape key and I could make it full, zoom, etc.

Is there anyway to program my Direct Tv remote to do this? I really do not want to pay 50 dollars for a new UR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-10-2009, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Directv rc64 remotes are the first of the white directv remotes to have tv menu commands, previous directv remotes like the rc32 & rc23 had the tv menu keys blank on purpose for ALL tv brands.

So if your directv remote isnt a rc64 model, there is no way. If it is, then you're stuck with whatevers mapped via the preset code.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-11-2009, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post

Directv rc64 remotes are the first of the white directv remotes to have tv menu commands, previous directv remotes like the rc32 & rc23 had the tv menu keys blank on purpose for ALL tv brands.

So if your directv remote isnt a rc64 model, there is no way. If it is, then you're stuck with whatevers mapped via the preset code.

Lucky me! I have the DirectTv RC64 remote. Thank Goodness, because I don't want to pay 50 bucks for a new remote.

If it isn't any trouble, could you point me in the direction of how I could program it to function the "pixshape" key. Thank you.
post #4 of 6 Old 06-11-2009, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

I also have a PSP 1000 series. It has IR built inside it. I have the emulator "Universal Remote" as well, but there are no codes for the Pixshape feature. If I can get the feature on my Direct-tv remote or on my psp that would be great. Anyway I can get my tv back to the way I like. I appreciate any help in the matter. Thanks in advance.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-12-2009, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Generally, there's no way to add individual functions to the D* remote. However, there is a workaround. Just leave your TV in Full mode and use the the D* Format button to change aspect on the D* receiver. You'll cycle through 1080i/Crop, Native, LetterBox, etc., giving you the same result. If you get resolutions you don't want, like 480i, etc., just uncheck them in the HDTV settings on the D* receiver.

If you still want pix shape, you'll have to get a universal. One of the cheapest options is any of THESE radio shack remotes. The 15-134 is most like the RC64. All are made by the same company that makes the D* remote. The code for your Sanyo on those remotes is probably 10154 and the corresponding advanced code for pix shape is 00106, which you can put on any button as follows: tap TV, then hold P for 2 blinks, press 994, tap P followed by 00106, press desired pix shape button - 2 blinks indicates success. Even if those codes don't work, you can learn all the buttons you need with the radio shacks or just about any other universals.

If there are any other options, Edmund will likely post them.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-12-2009, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Generally, there's no way to add individual functions to the D* remote. However, there is a workaround. Just leave your TV in Full mode and use the the D* Format button to change aspect on the D* receiver. You'll cycle through 1080i/Crop, Native, LetterBox, etc., giving you the same result. If you get resolutions you don't want, like 480i, etc., just uncheck them in the HDTV settings on the D* receiver.

If you still want pix shape, you'll have to get a universal. One of the cheapest options is any of THESE radio shack remotes. The 15-134 is most like the RC64. All are made by the same company that makes the D* remote. The code for your Sanyo on those remotes is probably 10154 and the corresponding advanced code for pix shape is 00106, which you can put on any button as follows: tap TV, then hold P for 2 blinks, press 994, tap P followed by 00106, press desired pix shape button - 2 blinks indicates success. Even if those codes don't work, you can learn all the buttons you need with the radio shacks or just about any other universals.

If there are any other options, Edmund will likely post them.

My bad. I must have misread what Emund was saying. I have a PSP though, which has a universal remote on it. I could also install IR shell, and use that. But the thing is I don't know how to put the codes in. I've been hearing you can put discrete codes into the psp and have them working. If anyone knows how to do this, could you help.

Thank you guys for the help thus far. I appreciate it greatly
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page