Originally Posted by blackssr
Is there a tutorial or a getting starting guide for programming the ARRX18G with Remote Master?
The post linked has a link to a general Remote Master tutorial. There is nothing specific to Xsight. But I might write one if there is enough demand.
Probably best for a beginner to set up in EZ-RC first, then upload to Remote Master to see examples of macros, learns, devices, favorites, etc. Then tweak to your liking. You can save multiple versions so you can experiment and always go back to a known good config.
To give you a brief overview:
- General tab shows your devices. See Note 2 for its use.
- Macros tab shows macros not associated with a specific activity, but with a device
- Favorites tab manages favorite channels, lists and icons
- Devices tab is for adding/deleting/editing devices. Double click to open a device and reassign buttons and functions (drag and drop on a graphic of the remote)
- Activities tab is for adding/deleting/editing activity macros and keygroup assignments. Each activity has its own tab
- Learning tab is for learned commands. In the JP1 world we strive to convert all learns to device upgrades. This is easy to do since this tab will analyze the learns and give you the info needed to build an upgrade. "Upgrade" is the term for a device which isn't built into the remote but one you add or create yourself.
- Raw data is for advanced users only. You can ignore that tab.