post #781 of 807 Old 09-20-2014, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperpansy View Post
A bit OT but earlier in the thread people were complaining of buttons that stopped working after too much use.
There appears to be a solution:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php...533#pid1381533
Thanks, but unfortunately the Xsight (like Harmony) doesn't have that kind of keypad. It has metallic domes (I assume since I've not taken mine apart) which are sealed and simply wear out.

Your posted fix would work great on cheaper remotes with mushy keys, but not high end ones with clicky keys.

I've been able to squeeze a bit more life out of dome keys after doing major surgery on them, but you lose the click and it doesn't last long.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 807 Old 09-22-2014, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
How about free? This is all you need to program via the EZ-RC website:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...&file_id=11937

Or better yet, skip that and use Remote Master instead.

One caveat is many of us have had trouble programming in Win 8.1 (worked fine in 8 and earlier).
Is there a tutorial or a getting starting guide for programming the ARRX18G with Remote Master?
post #783 of 807 Old 09-22-2014, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post
Is there a tutorial or a getting starting guide for programming the ARRX18G with Remote Master?
The post linked has a link to a general Remote Master tutorial. There is nothing specific to Xsight. But I might write one if there is enough demand.

Probably best for a beginner to set up in EZ-RC first, then upload to Remote Master to see examples of macros, learns, devices, favorites, etc. Then tweak to your liking. You can save multiple versions so you can experiment and always go back to a known good config.

To give you a brief overview:

- General tab shows your devices. See Note 2 for its use.
- Macros tab shows macros not associated with a specific activity, but with a device
- Favorites tab manages favorite channels, lists and icons
- Devices tab is for adding/deleting/editing devices. Double click to open a device and reassign buttons and functions (drag and drop on a graphic of the remote)
- Activities tab is for adding/deleting/editing activity macros and keygroup assignments. Each activity has its own tab
- Learning tab is for learned commands. In the JP1 world we strive to convert all learns to device upgrades. This is easy to do since this tab will analyze the learns and give you the info needed to build an upgrade. "Upgrade" is the term for a device which isn't built into the remote but one you add or create yourself.
- Raw data is for advanced users only. You can ignore that tab.

post #784 of 807 Old 09-23-2014, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The post linked has a link to a general Remote Master tutorial. There is nothing specific to Xsight. But I might write one if there is enough demand.

Probably best for a beginner to set up in EZ-RC first, then upload to Remote Master to see examples of macros, learns, devices, favorites, etc. Then tweak to your liking. You can save multiple versions so you can experiment and always go back to a known good config.

To give you a brief overview:

- General tab shows your devices. See Note 2 for its use.
- Macros tab shows macros not associated with a specific activity, but with a device
- Favorites tab manages favorite channels, lists and icons
- Devices tab is for adding/deleting/editing devices. Double click to open a device and reassign buttons and functions (drag and drop on a graphic of the remote)
- Activities tab is for adding/deleting/editing activity macros and keygroup assignments. Each activity has its own tab
- Learning tab is for learned commands. In the JP1 world we strive to convert all learns to device upgrades. This is easy to do since this tab will analyze the learns and give you the info needed to build an upgrade. "Upgrade" is the term for a device which isn't built into the remote but one you add or create yourself.
- Raw data is for advanced users only. You can ignore that tab.
Thanks so much. My remote and RF add on should be here today or tomorrow. I am coming off several Pronto TSU7500s. Is the programming as involved as it was for the Prontos? It took a couple of days to fully grasp Pronto Edit. I tried the Harmony 900 but menus are too sluggish. The new Harmony is not to my liking (poor button placement and doesn't feel natural to hold). Not many choices left.
post #785 of 807 Old 09-23-2014, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks so much. My remote and RF add on should be here today or tomorrow. I am coming off several Pronto TSU7500s. Is the programming as involved as it was for the Prontos? It took a couple of days to fully grasp Pronto Edit. I tried the Harmony 900 but menus are too sluggish. The new Harmony is not to my liking (poor button placement and doesn't feel natural to hold). Not many choices left.
There is a learning curve of a few days. But it's much simpler than Pronto Edit IMO. The Xsight has no advanced capabilities like variables or flags. If you're expecting Pronto, you'll be disappointed.
wkupike2000 likes this.

post #786 of 807 Old 09-23-2014, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
As a follow up to the help from mdavej, I was able to get my Xsight Touch setup to control my 3 different direct tv receivers in my man cave using the extender. I setup the first receiver to use RF and then assigned two different addresses (00001 and 00002) to the other two boxes in the remote setup menu. I then had to take the specific remote for each of those two boxes and teach all the buttons to the Xsight. It was tedious but once I got going only took about 10 minutes. Now I can watch three different tvs/NFL games/etc and quickly switch between the 3 using only the one remote. The only issue I have is sound on the extra two tv's.

Since both are Samsung, using their speakers isn't an option since all commands would control both. I also can't run thru my audio receiver since I've got it setup to output on HDMI to my main tv and any switching of inputs would turn that tv off. I bought another receiver at a garage sale this weekend to use with some extra speakers.......but didn't think that it was Sony like my existing receiver. Since they both will respond to the same IR signals from the remote or extenders, it looks like I'll need a different receiver unless someone has an idea???
post #787 of 807 Old 09-23-2014, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkupike2000 View Post
As a follow up to the help from mdavej, I was able to get my Xsight Touch setup to control my 3 different direct tv receivers in my man cave using the extender. I setup the first receiver to use RF and then assigned two different addresses (00001 and 00002) to the other two boxes in the remote setup menu. I then had to take the specific remote for each of those two boxes and teach all the buttons to the Xsight. It was tedious but once I got going only took about 10 minutes. Now I can watch three different tvs/NFL games/etc and quickly switch between the 3 using only the one remote. The only issue I have is sound on the extra two tv's.

Since both are Samsung, using their speakers isn't an option since all commands would control both. I also can't run thru my audio receiver since I've got it setup to output on HDMI to my main tv and any switching of inputs would turn that tv off. I bought another receiver at a garage sale this weekend to use with some extra speakers.......but didn't think that it was Sony like my existing receiver. Since they both will respond to the same IR signals from the remote or extenders, it looks like I'll need a different receiver unless someone has an idea???
Glad to hear it. But there was no need to learn any commands. Xsight has addresses 1 and 2 built in (setup codes 1377 and 1378). Also, in Remote Master you can specify those codes or load any of all 8 addresses from this file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...e&file_id=4687

Identical devices in the same room are always a problem. You'd need an addressable IR system or assignable blasters, or different devices, as you already know. Would it be possible to disable the speakers on just one TV? Then you could control it thru your receiver and the other directly.
wkupike2000 likes this.

Last edited by mdavej; 09-23-2014 at 01:58 PM.
post #788 of 807 Old 09-24-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
There is a learning curve of a few days. But it's much simpler than Pronto Edit IMO. The Xsight has no advanced capabilities like variables or flags. If you're expecting Pronto, you'll be disappointed.
Loaded a two activities into remote from web interface. Having difficulty getting remote master to see remote and upload. Any tips? Thanks in advance.
post #789 of 807 Old 09-24-2014, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Loaded a two activities into remote from web interface. Having difficulty getting remote master to see remote and upload. Any tips? Thanks in advance.
Do everything in this post, then post your question at the end of that thread so others, including the developer, can help. Also post what operating system you have.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14804

You'll need to DOWNLOAD first, not upload. And set the interface type to auto or CommHID.

post #790 of 807 Old 09-24-2014, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Do everything in this post, then post your question at the end of that thread so others, including the developer, can help. Also post what operating system you have.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14804

You'll need to DOWNLOAD first, not upload. And set the interface type to auto or CommHID.
I think this link is broken:

If you are new to Remote Master, please read the tutorials below and learn how to use it before you attempt to program your Xsight with it.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/inde..._RM-IR_Version
post #791 of 807 Old 09-24-2014, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I think this link is broken:

If you are new to Remote Master, please read the tutorials below and learn how to use it before you attempt to program your Xsight with it.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/inde..._RM-IR_Version
Thanks for the heads up. Wiki site is indeed down. Should be back up soon.

post #792 of 807 Old 09-25-2014, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

I am actually doing very well with this remote and RF extender. I used the web site to set 8 activities and all are working perfectly. It is a nice alternative to the Harmony 900. I can not figure out how to rearrange the soft buttons for each device or activity. Maybe once I figure out how to use RMIR I can accomplish this? Is it even possible with either the web or RMIR to rearrange soft buttons? This is a great remote for the $50.00 (NIB) that I paid plus $ 12 for the RF addon. $62.00 is a steal. I just ordered 2 more of each from eBay for spares.
post #793 of 807 Old 09-25-2014, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I am actually doing very well with this remote and RF extender. I used the web site to set 8 activities and all are working perfectly. It is a nice alternative to the Harmony 900. I can not figure out how to rearrange the soft buttons for each device or activity. Maybe once I figure out how to use RMIR I can accomplish this? Is it even possible with either the web or RMIR to rearrange soft buttons? This is a great remote for the $50.00 (NIB) that I paid plus $ 12 for the RF addon. $62.00 is a steal. I just ordered 2 more of each from eBay for spares.
Glad to hear it. Rearranging is very easy with RMIR. Just drag and drop any function to any button. It's trickier with EZ-RC. You can rearrange buttons on a given screen by clicking the little arrows on each button on the Advanced page (can't remember the name exactly, but it's the bottom option). But you can't move a function from one page to another without completely deleting it and adding it back. Learned buttons are even worse. They're forever stuck on the page where they were first learned. Not so with RMIR.

Still working on the wiki site. Will post back when it's fixed.

post #794 of 807 Old 09-25-2014, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Glad to hear it. Rearranging is very easy with RMIR. Just drag and drop any function to any button. It's trickier with EZ-RC. You can rearrange buttons on a given screen by clicking the little arrows on each button on the Advanced page (can't remember the name exactly, but it's the bottom option). But you can't move a function from one page to another without completely deleting it and adding it back. Learned buttons are even worse. They're forever stuck on the page where they were first learned. Not so with RMIR.

Still working on the wiki site. Will post back when it's fixed.
I have been getting an error message when i download remote into RMIR. At my office now but something about: "Error in RDF. Wrong variant specified for PID=01 11. Number of fixed/command bytes should be 3/1, for specified variant it is 2/1." I click ok at it loads.
post #795 of 807 Old 09-25-2014, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have been getting an error message when i download remote into RMIR. At my office now but something about: "Error in RDF. Wrong variant specified for PID=01 11. Number of fixed/command bytes should be 3/1, for specified variant it is 2/1." I click ok at it loads.
Go ahead and post RMIR specific stuff in the thread at hifi-remote so the developer can see and respond. Post your file there as well in the diagnosis area. Thanks

post #796 of 807 Old 09-26-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Glad to hear it. But there was no need to learn any commands. Xsight has addresses 1 and 2 built in (setup codes 1377 and 1378). Also, in Remote Master you can specify those codes or load any of all 8 addresses from this file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...e&file_id=4687

Identical devices in the same room are always a problem. You'd need an addressable IR system or assignable blasters, or different devices, as you already know. Would it be possible to disable the speakers on just one TV? Then you could control it thru your receiver and the other directly.
Even though I'm tech savvy, I had no idea the Xsight had those addresses built in. I searched their site for support but just didn't see it. Should have asked you guys. I still have some issues with the commands I've learned so I need to set them up with the built in setup codes. Is there an easy way to go into the devices I already have setup and use those two codes you provided? Or do I have to use RM?(I've never even looked at it so honestly I'd be clueless where to start).

Since the 2nd Sony receiver was just $10 at a yard sale, I'll resell it on Ebay for about $70 and after fees/shipping still come out $30-$40 ahead. I already ordered a different brand receiver that way my IR's on the extender won't interfere with each other. For some strange reason my tv's don't have the option to disable the speakers. I think once I have the new receiver I'll be setup great as I'll setup an activity for TV 2 an TV 3 that will mute the main receiver and change the new receiver to the right input(TV 2 or TV 3). Then my original activity for watching TV 1 I'll add a mute to receiver 2 as the last step.
post #797 of 807 Old 09-27-2014, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Even though I'm tech savvy, I had no idea the Xsight had those addresses built in. I searched their site for support but just didn't see it. Should have asked you guys. I still have some issues with the commands I've learned so I need to set them up with the built in setup codes. Is there an easy way to go into the devices I already have setup and use those two codes you provided? Or do I have to use RM?(I've never even looked at it so honestly I'd be clueless where to start).
Turns out I was mistaken about 1378, not built in to the Touch after all. But all 8 are in the upgrade file I linked. Note 1 on the General tab in RMIR explains how upgrades and built in codes work. RM is completely integrated with RMIR, so no need to think of them separately. Just add a device in RMIR, and it will use RM to create/load/save/edit it.

post #798 of 807 Old 09-27-2014, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. Wiki site is indeed down. Should be back up soon.
Wiki site is back online. Not 100% yet, but at least the tutorial links work again.

post #799 of 807 Old 09-27-2014, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I purchased this remote from a chinese seller, received it today. The top half of the touchscreen doesn't work...

For example on the screen where Favorites, Activities and Devices are listed I am unable to press the Favorites button 95% of the time. Completely randomly though this button works for a press or 2 then stops working again. I am hoping this is just a software issue.

I've reset the device and it makes no difference. It still contains my devices though so I assume that I have not fully reset it...

Any ideas or should I just try to return it?
post #800 of 807 Old 09-28-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Turns out I was mistaken about 1378, not built in to the Touch after all. But all 8 are in the upgrade file I linked. Note 1 on the General tab in RMIR explains how upgrades and built in codes work. RM is completely integrated with RMIR, so no need to think of them separately. Just add a device in RMIR, and it will use RM to create/load/save/edit it.
Thanks. I was going to wait on RM since I've never used it but now my Xsight Touch won't control my 2nd receiver I ordered(RCA RT2390). None of the RCA codes will work on it and i can't learn the remote since it was used and didn't come with it. So now I'm forced to learn RM quickly in order to get it up and running.

I've been reading the Wiki, tips, etc for the past hour. It's installed but nothing seems very intuitive. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it and learn how to use the Address 1 and 2 you shared in that file. The problem is I was trying to "Download from Remote" in RMIR to get started but it keeps saying no remotes found. I upgraded my Java(it was already 6.0 or higher though) and restarted, still no luck. Yet I can plug my Xsight into any of my 3 USB's and it works fine with the factory website. Do I need a special cable? Running Windows 7

Last edited by wkupike2000; 09-28-2014 at 09:52 AM. Reason: info needs adding
post #801 of 807 Old 09-28-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I purchased this remote from a chinese seller, received it today. The top half of the touchscreen doesn't work...

For example on the screen where Favorites, Activities and Devices are listed I am unable to press the Favorites button 95% of the time. Completely randomly though this button works for a press or 2 then stops working again. I am hoping this is just a software issue.

I've reset the device and it makes no difference. It still contains my devices though so I assume that I have not fully reset it...

Any ideas or should I just try to return it?
Sounds like it's DOA. You need to return it.

Quote:
Thanks. I was going to wait on RM since I've never used it but now my Xsight Touch won't control my 2nd receiver I ordered(RCA RT2390). None of the RCA codes will work on it and i can't learn the remote since it was used and didn't come with it. So now I'm forced to learn RM quickly in order to get it up and running.

I've been reading the Wiki, tips, etc for the past hour. It's installed but nothing seems very intuitive. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it and learn how to use the Address 1 and 2 you shared in that file. The problem is I was trying to "Download from Remote" in RMIR to get started but it keeps saying no remotes found. I upgraded my Java(it was already 6.0 or higher though) and restarted, still no luck. Yet I can plug my Xsight into any of my 3 USB's and it works fine with the factory website. Do I need a special cable? Running Windows 7
Please post RMIR questions in the RMIR thread at hifi-remote.com. You don't need a special cable. But all the files need to be in the right place, and the interface type needs to be Auto or CommHID. Tell us exactly what you did and post the rmaster.err file.

post #802 of 807 Old 09-28-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Sounds like it's DOA. You need to return it.

Please post RMIR questions in the RMIR thread at hifi-remote.com. You don't need a special cable. But all the files need to be in the right place, and the interface type needs to be Auto or CommHID. Tell us exactly what you did and post the rmaster.err file.
Thanks, posted in the Beginners thread over there. I thought anything having to do with Xsight Remote issues were okay in here. I'll try to be more selective on where to post moving forward.
post #803 of 807 Old 09-28-2014, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks, posted in the Beginners thread over there. I thought anything having to do with Xsight Remote issues were okay in here. I'll try to be more selective on where to post moving forward.
Sure it's ok. But RMIR is a generic software package for hundreds of remotes, not just Xsight. Posting at hifi-remote also ensures the developer and other experts on that software will see and respond to the questions. It's also easier to post diagnostic files over there.
wkupike2000 likes this.

post #804 of 807 Old 09-29-2014, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After buying a Xsight Colour and lost more then 5 hours to create and config all the remotes, actions and scenarios, on the last update the screen went fusy/pixelated and only shows the language selection.

I've try to force the firmware update (remove batteries and press power+ok) which is the only thing that I can now upload to remote but issue persist.

I've try to talk to seller, but the solution (warranty replacement or repair) will take 4 to 6 weeks.

Here someone says that after some uploads the remote went back to normal, but I can only upload something on the firmware mode and I've done that 10 or more times and the issue persist.
I've already try a different computer.

Beside trowing the remote to the fireplace and buy a Harmony, is there other solution?

PS: I'm so regretted. This remote is crap! The cloud based config tool is just stupid. I had to borrow I computer from a friend cause I only have mac and today I've been thinking. If I or the ez-rc.com do something wrong, I'll lost all my work to create my configuration.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0808.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	285810  
post #805 of 807 Old 09-29-2014, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Remote Master works on Mac.

post #806 of 807 Old 09-29-2014, 10:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Thank you, this is an excellent find.

Quote:
A bit OT but earlier in the thread people were complaining of buttons that stopped working after too much use.
There appears to be a solution:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php...533#pid1381533

all is good....LNT4671 1005/1001 SQ01 w/old PS3 80G,Oppo 83 & 2400ES into Mirage OS3FS
post #807 of 807 Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Remote Master works on Mac.
I can run RM, but the remote isn't detected. In fact the remote didn't show any message after USB plugin on Mac.

On Windows I never try, but since it's a firmware issue I think it wont solve the problem.

Anyway, thanks.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Acoustic Research , Harmony 1100 Remcontrol , Remotes And Controllers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page