Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #811 of 814 Old 10-19-2014, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 379
No problems for me on the US site. Haven't tried the UK site lately.

Have you tried creating a new account? You should be able to create one and upload from your remote to start back where you left off. You could also try RMIR instead as it doesn't rely on ez-rc at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 814 Old Yesterday, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It started working again a few hours later, must have been a temporary server issue.

Andre
post #813 of 814 Old Today, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by eortizr View Post
it does not know what is off or on, so if your equipment does not have a discrete on and off, then you will run into issues, it you equipment does have on and off discrete commands then there will be no issue since you can set on and off individually for each activity and use the main 'power' button to turn everything off or just certain components only. For me, not having a device state is the only drawback from the harmony, everything else this remote wins. You can do more things with this remote than with the harmony, you just need to play around with the software, you can customize everything. I used to have a Harmony remote, and I will not go back. The Xsight is like an Android not so intuitive but powerful, and the Harmony like an iPhone very user friendly but limited customization.
Funny, I just said this same exact thing to a friend of mine last week. The Harmony line should be called "i remotes" because they are idiot proof and the Xsight line should be called "A" Sight, because like Android, they are more for the techie that enjoys tweaking and need very little hand holding.
post #814 of 814 Old Today, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I have two questions:

1) Are these units on ebay for ~$30 shipped from China really legit, fully functioning remotes?

2) Can the remote be completely programmed from scratch with RM-IR or is it more for tweaking the remote after using the EZ-RC software?
I purchased 4 units and they are 100% new and work perfectly. Best deal I've gotten on remotes. ~$ 130.00 for 4 brand new remotes. I sold my Harmony One for $ 125.00.

Last edited by blackssr; Today at 08:03 PM.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Acoustic Research , Harmony 1100 Remcontrol , Remotes And Controllers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page