Acoustic Research XSight Remote - Page 31 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #901 of 910 Old 02-22-2015, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I'm trying to create an account at EZ-RC, but Create Account tells me my email is already registered and Logon Forgot Password tells me the email is NOT registered. Any ideas guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 910 Old 02-22-2015, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Never use EZ-RC off the CD. It's really, really, really out of date. If you have Win 8.1, you must do the hack. Just go back a few pages to my post about it. If you didn't do the hack already, your remote is probably stuck in upgrade mode.
Use internet explorer. Doesn't work with any other browser. Even then you might need to use a compatibility mode. The hardware might be fantastic, but software is an afterthought at best.
post #903 of 910 Old 02-22-2015, 08:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 839 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejhuzy View Post
I'm trying to create an account at EZ-RC, but Create Account tells me my email is already registered and Logon Forgot Password tells me the email is NOT registered. Any ideas guys?
I think I had that problem when I was using Firefox. IE worked. You can configure a remote from scratch with RM-IR, but I was told to set it up as much as you can with EZ-RC first to speed thing along. I haven't yet fully set mine up. I need to spend the time and get it working. My Harmony 880 still works (with a firm press on a few of the buttons) so motivation has been a bit lacking.
post #904 of 910 Old 02-23-2015, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sense/Net View Post
Use internet explorer. Doesn't work with any other browser. Even then you might need to use a compatibility mode. The hardware might be fantastic, but software is an afterthought at best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I think I had that problem when I was using Firefox. IE worked. You can configure a remote from scratch with RM-IR, but I was told to set it up as much as you can with EZ-RC first to speed thing along. I haven't yet fully set mine up. I need to spend the time and get it working. My Harmony 880 still works (with a firm press on a few of the buttons) so motivation has been a bit lacking.
Thanks guys. I'll try IE (I had tried Firefox and Safari).
post #905 of 910 Old 02-25-2015, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for all the help guys. I was able to set up an account by using IE. Hard to believe in this day and age stuff is written to a specific browser.

Anyway, my next question is can I connect my XSight remote to my PC with my Harmony One remote? If not, where do I get one of these cables?
post #906 of 910 Old 02-26-2015, 09:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Your question makes no sense. If you're asking if your Harmony cable will work, then I have no idea. Try it and see.

EDIT: Your Touch (18G) should have come with a cable. The Touch (18G) and Color (15G) use a Mini-B cable. The Plus (12G), uses a Micro-B (same as a Harmony 600/650/700). Both are very common. If you have a phone, camera or MP3 player, you probably already have the right cable. Otherwise they're about a buck on ebay and Monoprice, or a few bucks more at your local gas station or drug store.

Last edited by mdavej; 02-26-2015 at 10:48 AM.
post #907 of 910 Old 02-26-2015, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Your question makes no sense. If you're asking if your Harmony cable will work, then I have no idea. Try it and see. Need to know what model Xsight to tell you what cable to buy.
Sorry for the newbie questions. I bought this remote used and it didn't come with a cable. The model is the AARX18G. The one that supports 18 devices.

Thanks for the help.
post #908 of 910 Old 02-26-2015, 10:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 519
I hope it at least came with a charging base. See my edited post above.
post #909 of 910 Old Today, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejhuzy View Post
Sorry for the newbie questions. I bought this remote used and it didn't come with a cable. The model is the AARX18G. The one that supports 18 devices.

Thanks for the help.
Ed,

My apologies. I am sorry. I should have sent you a cable. I kind of assume everyone has a dozen of these things laying around. They were/are used on everything from mp3 players to phones to computer peripherals. It utilizes the exact same cable as your Harmony One. They are standard mini-usb cables.

John
post #910 of 910 Old Today, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
EDIT: Your Touch (18G) should have come with a cable. The Touch (18G) and Color (15G) use a Mini-B cable. The Plus (12G), uses a Micro-B (same as a Harmony 600/650/700). Both are very common. If you have a phone, camera or MP3 player, you probably already have the right cable. Otherwise they're about a buck on ebay and Monoprice, or a few bucks more at your local gas station or drug store.
Dave, thanks for the specifics. Now that I know there's nothing proprietary about the cable, I'm good. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohjy View Post
My apologies. I am sorry. I should have sent you a cable. I kind of assume everyone has a dozen of these things laying around. They were/are used on everything from mp3 players to phones to computer peripherals. It utilizes the exact same cable as your Harmony One. They are standard mini-usb cables.
John
No worries, John. I did a quick RF test of the remote with my DirecTV receivers. Works nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Acoustic Research , Harmony 1100 Remcontrol , Remotes And Controllers