Acoustic Research XSight Remote - Page 32 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 18Likes
post #931 of 947 Old 03-19-2015, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
18 is IR and RF. Only get the RF base if you intend to use RF. Cheap 18's have disappeared from ebay. When shopping also realize that ARRX15G = Xsight Color = Nevo C2 and ARRX18G = Xsight Touch = Nevo C3.

The 15 has the same screen as the 18 but buttons along the side rather than Touch. It's also thicker to accommodate the AA batteries. I highly recommend using rechargeables since it goes through them pretty quickly.

I made a killer device upgrade for my Denon and my Xsight. It's got ~300 commands. I split it up into a device per zone. You could probably adapt it to your 887 if you wanted.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...&file_id=12518
Do you think the 18's will be back? I guess for $19 I should just get the 15. Thanks again, until I get it and need to make it go. Btw I use enelop, have been for years. My kids are finally past the battery filled noise machines. They now have things to plug into the walls. This means I get to keep my batteries.

I shouldnt need the rf. My system is not burried and its in front of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 947 Old 03-19-2015, 02:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)
Liked: 575
Enelop is great. I use them too.

The previous glut of 18's was a surprise to me, so who knows. But I tend to think this is the end.

I've got a few more 15's on order as well, just in case.
post #933 of 947 Old 03-20-2015, 10:36 AM

I ordered the 15. I was going to ask if any one of those Chinese sellers was any better then the other, but I figured it would be hit or miss. I paid 18.95 free shipping (sorry if that violates some rule). It was the cheapest of the bunch. Now I just need to wait. It should arrive after my Denon mic I purchased a few days ago.
post #934 of 947 Old 03-23-2015, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Are the Nevo's really the exact same as the Acoustic Research ones? If so that would be fantastic and save a ton of cash!

Make something idiot-proof, and they will build a better idiot
post #935 of 947 Old 03-23-2015, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
Are the Nevo's really the exact same as the Acoustic Research ones? If so that would be fantastic and save a ton of cash!
Yes - identical.
post #936 of 947 Old 03-23-2015, 11:17 AM

Sweet, I'm going to go order 2 right now haha. I thought they looked slightly different and didn't have the AR logo on it but who cares. $22 for that remote is a tremendous deal.

Glad I found this thread as I've been looking to get a remote for ages now.

I take it it doesn't come with anything? Ive read through the thread a little and there looks to be a link to a webpage for some software and a guide. Is that the original software or some third party one?

Thanks much guys!

Edit: Well I just bought 2 of them. If the 18's have disappeared then I figured the same might happen with the 15's. Price was $27 Can for each one, can't argue with that.

Last edited by Nodscene; 03-23-2015 at 11:50 AM.
post #937 of 947 Old Yesterday, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Sweet, I'm going to go order 2 right now haha. I thought they looked slightly different and didn't have the AR logo on it but who cares. $22 for that remote is a tremendous deal.

Glad I found this thread as I've been looking to get a remote for ages now.

I take it it doesn't come with anything? Ive read through the thread a little and there looks to be a link to a webpage for some software and a guide. Is that the original software or some third party one?

Thanks much guys!

Edit: Well I just bought 2 of them. If the 18's have disappeared then I figured the same might happen with the 15's. Price was $27 Can for each one, can't argue with that.
I ordered one for 19 on ebay.

I believe they will come with the cable to connect to the computer and you might want to send mdavej a pm he has the software know how.
post #938 of 947 Unread Yesterday, 07:50 AM

I know it will be a while before we get them but I would be curious to see who got what and when. I am already mailbox chasing and mine may be a few weeks out.
post #939 of 947 Unread Yesterday, 08:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Just read through the last few pages of this thread. I think just about everything that can possibly be posted already has been. There is detailed info in the Xsight link in my signature. Follow that link to interact with the actual developers and other expert users. This board isn't the best place to get into the technical details.

Every vendor is different, so a cable may or may not be included.

Whether you use EZ-RC or Remote Master, it is imperative to go to EZ-RC first and update the remote firmware. Usually takes several tries and much plugging and unplugging of the cable, but eventually works. Also, doing the initial setup in EZ-RC will be the easiest path for a beginner.

Last edited by mdavej; Yesterday at 08:07 AM.
post #940 of 947 Unread Yesterday, 08:28 AM

Thanks mdavej

Yes, I've gone through and read quite a few posts in this thread and have bookmarked some pages for when I get the remote. That's good to know about updating the firmware first and the potential problems doing so.

I'm hoping for an easy setup as my system isn't too complicated. Basically an Oppo 103, Mede8er 1000X3D and Sherbourn PT-7030. Of course I'm not even sure how much I'll like an all in one remote as I've always just used whatever remote was needed at the time and that never bothered me. Worst case scenario is I can sell them if I don't like them or give them as gifts.

Cheers.

Quote:
Just read through the last few pages of this thread. I think just about everything that can possibly be posted already has been. There is detailed info in the Xsight link in my signature. Follow that link to interact with the actual developers and other expert users. This board isn't the best place to get into the technical details.

Every vendor is different, so a cable may or may not be included.

Whether you use EZ-RC or Remote Master, it is imperative to go to EZ-RC first and update the remote firmware. Usually takes several tries and much plugging and unplugging of the cable, but eventually works. Also, doing the initial setup in EZ-RC will be the easiest path for a beginner.

post #941 of 947 Unread Yesterday, 08:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

That Mede8er is a cool looking little box. You'll probably have to learn that remote, maybe the Sherbourn too.

The beauty of a universal like the Xsight is you can do all your power commands and input switching with one button press, then have a mix of commands from all the relevant devices at your fingertips via the buttons and LCD. So no complicated procedures to remember and no remotes to juggle.

Enjoy
post #942 of 947 Unread Yesterday, 07:40 PM

Well that sucks, most of my equipment needs to be learnt. I figured both would be there as Sherbourn was for custom installers and the Mede8er stuff is pretty big in EU. Let's hope it's worth it and that I actually get it done haha. I lose interest pretty easily. I think it's going to be a while before they show up though.

post #943 of 947 Unread Yesterday, 09:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 31
We like to encourage JP1 activity, so I took the factory IR code list for the Sherbourn PT-7030 and made an upgrade you can add to the Xsight. I just did the main zone codes.
post #944 of 947 Unread Today, 08:03 AM

I know nothing of JP1 but that's fantastic. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3FingeredGlove View Post
We like to encourage JP1 activity, so I took the factory IR code list for the Sherbourn PT-7030 and made an upgrade you can add to the Xsight. I just did the main zone codes.

post #945 of 947 Unread Today, 08:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I know nothing of JP1 but that's fantastic. Thank you.
Your Mede8er is in the Harmony database. So you could simply post a code search request in the JP1 forums as well, or make your own upgrade. It would be a good learning experience for you.

Remote Master is JP1 software, so they refer to the same thing.

Then again, I could be wrong, and it might very well be in the Xsight database already. I'll take a look next time I have a chance.
post #946 of 947 Unread Today, 05:07 PM

So I would use Remote Master for my setup (after updating the firmware with EZ-RC first) and that would all be JP1 info/codes/software.

Is there any benefit from using RM vs EZ-RC?

Once again, thanks for your time. You think I'm bad now....just wait until I actually get the unit haha.

Quote:
Your Mede8er is in the Harmony database. So you could simply post a code search request in the JP1 forums as well, or make your own upgrade. It would be a good learning experience for you.

Remote Master is JP1 software, so they refer to the same thing.

Then again, I could be wrong, and it might very well be in the Xsight database already. I'll take a look next time I have a chance.

post #947 of 947 Unread Today, 06:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
So I would use Remote Master for my setup (after updating the firmware with EZ-RC first) and that would all be JP1 info/codes/software.
That's what I would recommend. But you may be perfectly happy with EZ-RC alone.
Quote:
Is there any benefit from using RM vs EZ-RC?
Answered in the new FAQ at the end of my Xsight Info post linked in my signature,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Acoustic Research , Harmony 1100 Remcontrol , Remotes And Controllers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page