Acoustic Research XSight Remote - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #961 of 980 Old 04-04-2015, 09:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1278 Post(s)
Liked: 643
Motion not adjustable. It's just a physical switch.

Volume punch thru is done by either of 2 ways, Vol device selected during activity setup or globally on the remote itself.

Last edited by mdavej; 04-07-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 980 Old 04-04-2015, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Motion not adjustable. It's just a physical switch.

Volume punch thru is done by either of 2 ways, Vol device selected during activity setup or globally on the remote itself.
I did it thru ezrc. I will be working thru the software a bit more. I know some info about each program. I started with ezrc because its the same one I needed for the firmware update and at that point I was struggling to get it set. In the long run I believe the rm software would be best for 2 reasons; one I hate ie and 2 I would hate to start and get the rug pulled from under me.

So lets say I start with ezrc and get it all set, then they pull it, do I have to start over?
post #963 of 980 Old 04-04-2015, 03:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Nope. You can use either any time with the same config.

Last edited by mdavej; 04-07-2015 at 11:38 AM.
post #964 of 980 Old 04-07-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Nope. You can use either any time with the same config.
I noticed you dropped the jp1 links.
post #965 of 980 Old 04-07-2015, 11:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
I noticed you dropped the jp1 links.
My signature hasn't changed. Must be a new bug in the forum software. Here's the Xsight link again, if you need it.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14804

EDIT: Looks like the Show Signature option gets turned off at random in some old posts.

Last edited by mdavej; 04-07-2015 at 11:41 AM.
post #966 of 980 Old 04-07-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
My signature hasn't changed. Must be a new bug in the forum software. Here's the Xsight link again, if you need it.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14804

EDIT: Looks like the Show Signature option gets turned off at random in some old posts.
Np, I should have saved the links but know I could find it under you.
post #967 of 980 Old 04-08-2015, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had an Xsight Touch for a number of years. The select, up and left buttons stopped working a while back so I reassigned them. Would it be possible to transplant the button board from a cheapo chinese arrx15/xsight color/nevo c2 ? Anyone take one apart?
post #968 of 980 Old 04-08-2015, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 58
They are really hard to open. I tried on one and broke it...
post #969 of 980 Old 04-19-2015, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Help! I picked up one of these used off ebay. When I connect it the PC via USB nothing happens. It doesn't show up in device manager at all. No ding sound indicating something connected. The software icon stays red. I tried in a couple of Pc's with Windows 7 and 8 and no luck. Am I missing something or is the remote broken? It didn't come with a mini USB so I tried 2 different ones I have. The remote says charging when the USB is connected to the pc the same as if it's in a cradle. Any advice at all is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
post #970 of 980 Old 04-20-2015, 07:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmst71 View Post
Help! I picked up one of these used off ebay. When I connect it the PC via USB nothing happens. It doesn't show up in device manager at all. No ding sound indicating something connected. The software icon stays red. I tried in a couple of Pc's with Windows 7 and 8 and no luck. Am I missing something or is the remote broken? It didn't come with a mini USB so I tried 2 different ones I have. The remote says charging when the USB is connected to the pc the same as if it's in a cradle. Any advice at all is greatly appreciated.

Could take a few minutes for Win 7/8 to find drivers an load them, at least the first time you connect, so be patient and try one more time. Win 8 requires the registry fix in my info link. Any mini USB cable should work. If the battery is dead, give it a full charge before you try again.

Does the remote function otherwise? You can do a full setup (besides activities and macros) on the remote itself.
post #971 of 980 Old 04-20-2015, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Just wanted to report that I finally got the remotes in. Wow, they are a lot bigger (in a good way) and nicer than I expected. I'm seriously debating buying another one so I'll have 2 as spare haha. I can see why it was a $150 remote at one time.

Edit: I've managed to mostly program one of the remotes. Thankfully it has everything other than my PT-7030. Now just need to figure out what to do with that PDF file mdavej was kind enough to supply to me. In some instances I also need to figure out what button does what on each device as it's not always setup logically. I'm sure if i learned the JP1 stuff more I could remap some of the buttons so it makes proper sense haha. It's a little intimidating I must say and I'm not sure how much time I want to devote to programming a remote I spend all week working on computers and software so doing more at home is a little tiresome. Maybe it won't be too bad.

Make something idiot-proof, and they will build a better idiot

Last edited by Nodscene; 04-20-2015 at 02:05 PM.
post #972 of 980 Old 04-20-2015, 04:29 PM

Mdave, My remote seems to function otherwise besides the macros that need the computer. One weird thing was a factory reset didn't fully reset the remote but kept the previous macro like play wii. Should it say charging when connecting to a pc?

I reset the remote fully by getting into the reset screen and typing a couple numbers that I found in a search. Windows isn't looking for drivers or doing anything when I plug this remote in. Not the usual pop up and driver search. No idea why. Any other thoughts?

post #973 of 980 Old 04-20-2015, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

You can do a more complete factory reset by going to the reset screen, hit the button once, then type '981' and it will change to a 'Factory Reset' button.

Though... Not sure it will help..
post #974 of 980 Old 04-21-2015, 07:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Mdave, My remote seems to function otherwise besides the macros that need the computer. One weird thing was a factory reset didn't fully reset the remote but kept the previous macro like play wii. Should it say charging when connecting to a pc?

I reset the remote fully by getting into the reset screen and typing a couple numbers that I found in a search. Windows isn't looking for drivers or doing anything when I plug this remote in. Not the usual pop up and driver search. No idea why. Any other thoughts?

I think I would ask for a replacement. It obviously worked for the previous owner at some point (hence the Play Wii activity's existence), but isn't working now. Yet another USB cable might do the trick, but besides that, seems to be defective IMO. I don't remember if mine says charging or not when connected, I'll have to check.
post #975 of 980 Old 04-21-2015, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

does the software icon on the desktop connect properly to the website? i.e. without the remote connected to pc if you click on the desktop icon does it go to the website and let you log in?

(Also, you might try downloading and running the open source configuration tools to see if they will connect to the remote, look at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14804 for info on this)
post #976 of 980 Old 04-21-2015, 05:27 PM

Thanks for all the help. I did download the open source files previously in preparation for the remote programming. Also did the 981 facotry reset and that worked to reset but didnt help my connection problem. I plugged into 2 xp machines at work and it didnt register there either for a usb device being plugged in. I love the feel of the remote and advanced programming so i will try to get another one.

Thanks, John

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
post #977 of 980 Old 05-16-2015, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
hello guys, i just received my NEVOC2 remote control. and i haven't try it yet. before that is there anything i need to do before using it? i know it comes with the wire that need to connect to remote. may i know what are the purpose of the wire? is there any update for the remote i need to update? how many device we can install in the remote? i am planning to use it for my TV Panasonic 60VT60 and also for my Denon X4000 AVR. can i both install them? and how? sorry if i have a lot of questions, this is my first time using this kind of remote and also thanks to @mdavej for recommending the remote. all help would be appreciated.
post #978 of 980 Old 05-16-2015, 02:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

In Internet Explorer on a Windows PC, go to http://www.ez-rc.com/Pages/LogOn/UserLogOn.aspx , create a new account, and connect your remote using the cable. You'll be prompted to download some software (conduit program). After installing that and logging in, you'll be prompted to update the firmware. It will take a few tries unplugging and replugging and logging in to finish the update. Then you'll log in again and follow the prompts to set up your remote. First add all your devices (up to 15 different ones including your TV and Denon), then create activities if you want to automatically power up and switch inputs with a single button press, like "Watch TV", "Watch Bluray", etc. If/when you want to go further, follow my Xsight link and try Remote Master.

After lots of updates and programming, your first set of batteries will likely need to be replaced. After that, the new set should last a few weeks. I use rechargeables.
tapsilog likes this.
post #979 of 980 Old 05-16-2015, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
In Internet Explorer on a Windows PC, go to http://www.ez-rc.com/Pages/LogOn/UserLogOn.aspx , create a new account, and connect your remote using the cable. You'll be prompted to download some software (conduit program). After installing that and logging in, you'll be prompted to update the firmware. It will take a few tries unplugging and replugging and logging in to finish the update. Then you'll log in again and follow the prompts to set up your remote. First add all your devices (up to 15 different ones including your TV and Denon), then create activities if you want to automatically power up and switch inputs with a single button press, like "Watch TV", "Watch Bluray", etc. If/when you want to go further, follow my Xsight link and try Remote Master.

After lots of updates and programming, your first set of batteries will likely need to be replaced. After that, the new set should last a few weeks. I use rechargeables.
thank you so much. i just updated now with the latest fimrware i think 1.3.3. thats all i did and i just played around with the remote to get familiarize. also i didnt add any device yet because it need to be with the device, and i am away from home, i will do it again when i get home to tried it out. what kind of recahrgable battery you are using? can you recommend that to me?

ps: when im ready to install for my denon x4000 i will message here again and ask for your help. thank you so much.
post #980 of 980 Old 05-18-2015, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Panasonic Eneloops are what I would recommend for sure.
tapsilog likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Acoustic Research , Harmony 1100 Remcontrol , Remotes And Controllers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page