Acoustic Research XSight Remote - Page 39 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 45Likes

post #1141 of 1149 Old 12-29-2016, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post
I think you need to read Dave's wiki more closely

There is already a much better PC-based application called RM-IR.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/inde...nd_Programming
I think you need to read my earlier post. I am obviously well aware of RMIR 😃.

I like RMIR for backup and for multi remote cloning, but EZ-RC is a lot easier to use for everything else. Furthermore, their database of supported hardware is orders of magnitude better than what we have through JP1.

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate all of the work that was done to create RMIR (and if any of those of you who were engaged in the development are ever in the Lehigh Valley, PA, the beers are on me), but EZ-RC is actually, in my opinion, even easier to use than the Harmony platform and more fully functional.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1149 Old 12-29-2016, 02:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Sorry - so you meant somehow scraping the code for EZ-RC and running it locally... That would be nice, but unless they have a security hole, probably not possible.

Will have to agree to disagree on RMIR vs. EZRC - but then I have been using RMIR for 15+ years.

Last edited by xnappo; 12-29-2016 at 02:16 PM.
post #1143 of 1149 Old 12-30-2016, 10:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2129 Post(s)
Liked: 940
My thoughts about EZ-RC vs. RMIR are in the wiki. Long story short, RMIR is direct, fast, logical and elegant. The 20 questions configuration model of EZ-RC is brutally slow and inefficient for an advanced user and the main reason I don't use Harmony remotes. If I had an offline version of EZ-RC, I would never use it. Not having direct access to the UEI device database is a drawback. But we do have indirect access through the simpleset site. And RMIR does many more things than EZ-RC.

We lost access to EZ-RC for several days just recently, and it won't be around forever. It's in any Xsight/Nevo owner's best interest to learn how to use RMIR as it will far outlast all Xsight/Nevo remotes.
blackssr likes this.

post #1144 of 1149 Old 02-07-2017, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hey guys, I have had this remote for years and have been using it with my xbox360. After buying a new receiver I stupidly deleted my old profile cuz I wanted to start fresh. Big mistake because now I can't seem to get it to work with the 360. I can't remember what I did years ago to make it work. Can anyone help me out?

post #1145 of 1149 Old 02-07-2017, 07:38 PM

On EZ-RC, add new device, follow the prompts for adding Digital Media Player, enter Microsoft Xbox360. Or on remote itself, Settings, Add Device, Digital Media, Microsoft, Begin, Next (shows code N2049), Works.

Assuming you do have the right code already and it still doesn't work, then you need to go into the settings on the Xbox and enable IR. Also keep in mind the IR reception on the Xbox is horrible, so you have to be directly in front of it for it to work.

Best long term option is to use Remote Master. Then you can save any number of configs locally on your PC so you don't lose the only and only copy on UEI's server.

Everything you need to know about Xsight and Remote Master: http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/inde...sight_and_Nevo
kb9oma likes this.
post #1146 of 1149 Old 02-08-2017, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
On EZ-RC, add new device, follow the prompts for adding Digital Media Player, enter Microsoft Xbox360. Or on remote itself, Settings, Add Device, Digital Media, Microsoft, Begin, Next (shows code N2049), Works.

Assuming you do have the right code already and it still doesn't work, then you need to go into the settings on the Xbox and enable IR. Also keep in mind the IR reception on the Xbox is horrible, so you have to be directly in front of it for it to work.

Best long term option is to use Remote Master. Then you can save any number of configs locally on your PC so you don't lose the only and only copy on UEI's server.

Everything you need to know about Xsight and Remote Master: http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/inde...sight_and_Nevo
the wierdest thing happens. During the test, the power button doesn't work. but when I select that it works then the power button suddenly does work again. thanks!

post #1147 of 1149 Old 02-17-2017, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
UEI NEVO C3 Remote using EZ- RC Problems

In past years, I have sold & programmed these Remotes. Just recently, I got a few more, and have suddenly had noi luck doing it now. I cannot even Log In. I got a new log in. Nothing works. Now I can't get passed the Log in screen. I tried deleting the program; re-installing it; now nothing works. I tried using it with a different computer. Nothing. What else can I do? These are still nice & functional Remotes. A while back, I looked for help on Remotecentral.com. No luck. Anything you can recommend? Thanks

A/V is only as good as your weakest link.
post #1148 of 1149 Old 02-17-2017, 11:01 PM

I posted several solutions to the same question of yours at remotecentral 4 months ago, but you ignored my advice, then stopped responding. In short, Remote Master will work fine with your remote until the end of its life. You can also make ez-rc work again in Win 10 if you read and follow the instructions I posted before.

We left off where you had installed Internet Explorer which was inexplicably missing from your computer, and you had failed to confirm whether you performed the registry change required to allow your remote to stay connected in Win 10. If you make that simple change it will connect. And if you launch ez-rc in IE compatibility mode, you'll be able to login with your original credentials.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...i?9791#1325198
post #1149 of 1149 Old Today, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hello need some help. Just got a Nevo C2 remote. What is the easiest way to program it with my tivo roami and tivo mini? Any tutorials here? Tia

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited by parekoy; Today at 03:25 PM. Reason: forgot to mention something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Acoustic Research , Harmony 1100 Remcontrol , Remotes And Controllers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page