Acoustic Research XSight Remote - Page 40 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 49Likes

post #1171 of 1173 Old Today, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohjy View Post
Now that the site is officially down, do we have any options for updating firmware?
Research underway by the experts over there, but unfortunately not looking promising

Quote:
Is there any way to gain access to their hardware codes database?
Not through the XSIGHT, but we can get UEI codes through lower end remotes in their SimpleSet line, learning them, and making JP1 upgrades. That usually isn't necessary however since code are usually available from the manufacturer or OEM remote. The JP1 database is already quite extensive.

Once they start showing up on EBay for cheap prices it is going to be hard for me to resist buying more! I only have 8 left from the China dump a few years back

Last edited by xnappo; Today at 09:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1173 Old Today, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post
Research underway by the experts over there, but unfortunately not looking promising

Not through the XSIGHT, but we can get UEI codes through lower end remotes in their SimpleSet line, learning them, and making JP1 upgrades. That usually isn't necessary however since code are usually available from the manufacturer or OEM remote. The JP1 database is already quite extensive.

Once they start showing up on EBay for cheap prices it is going to be hard for me to resist buying more! I only have 8 left from the China dump a few years back
The JP1 database is unfortunately not very complete. It does not have a single full set of codes for any of my newer hardware. I know that I can use some of the older models from the same manufacturer, but they are always missing a number of functions. I agree with you as it realates to buying more. I love my C3s, but I don't want to buy more if I can't update the firmware. I really hope they can figure this out.
post #1173 of 1173 Old Today, 05:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Have you posted code requests? I seriously doubt there will be an issue finding codes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Acoustic Research , Harmony 1100 Remcontrol , Remotes And Controllers