Acoustic Research XSight Remote - Page 40 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 51Likes

post #1171 of 1180 Old 05-23-2017, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohjy View Post
Now that the site is officially down, do we have any options for updating firmware?
Research underway by the experts over there, but unfortunately not looking promising

Quote:
Is there any way to gain access to their hardware codes database?
Not through the XSIGHT, but we can get UEI codes through lower end remotes in their SimpleSet line, learning them, and making JP1 upgrades. That usually isn't necessary however since code are usually available from the manufacturer or OEM remote. The JP1 database is already quite extensive.

Once they start showing up on EBay for cheap prices it is going to be hard for me to resist buying more! I only have 8 left from the China dump a few years back

Last edited by xnappo; 05-23-2017 at 09:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1180 Old 05-23-2017, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post
Research underway by the experts over there, but unfortunately not looking promising

Not through the XSIGHT, but we can get UEI codes through lower end remotes in their SimpleSet line, learning them, and making JP1 upgrades. That usually isn't necessary however since code are usually available from the manufacturer or OEM remote. The JP1 database is already quite extensive.

Once they start showing up on EBay for cheap prices it is going to be hard for me to resist buying more! I only have 8 left from the China dump a few years back
The JP1 database is unfortunately not very complete. It does not have a single full set of codes for any of my newer hardware. I know that I can use some of the older models from the same manufacturer, but they are always missing a number of functions. I agree with you as it realates to buying more. I love my C3s, but I don't want to buy more if I can't update the firmware. I really hope they can figure this out.
post #1173 of 1180 Old 05-23-2017, 05:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Have you posted code requests? I seriously doubt there will be an issue finding codes.
mdavej likes this.

post #1174 of 1180 Old 05-24-2017, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2168 Post(s)
Liked: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post
Have you posted code requests? I seriously doubt there will be an issue finding codes.
Yep. Most of the time our codes are far more complete than UEI's because we can get them from any source (service manuals and other documents from the manufacturer, pronto hex, ccfs, lirc, slingbox, brute force searches, etc.). For example, my receiver has over 300 discrete codes, but UEI's database had maybe 40 tops. That's the beauty of JP1. We can add every possible code for any device, even completely undocumented ones.

Besides, we can still mine all the latest codes from UEI via the SimpleSet website and port them straight into Xsight/Nevo.

Ask and ye shall receive.
post #1175 of 1180 Old 05-24-2017, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Well, ok then. I stand corrected. Perhaps this will be better... I am actually getting close to being fully operational on RMIR and it sounds like I will be able to get some of the codes for the new hardware I will be purchasing. RMIR is actually pretty easy to use once you fully immerse yourself in it. I really love my C3s and I am glad I will be able to continue using them
xnappo likes this.
post #1176 of 1180 Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohjy View Post
Well, ok then. I stand corrected. Perhaps this will be better... I am actually getting close to being fully operational on RMIR and it sounds like I will be able to get some of the codes for the new hardware I will be purchasing. RMIR is actually pretty easy to use once you fully immerse yourself in it. I really love my C3s and I am glad I will be able to continue using them
Great! Will see you over there. I have been in contact with some of the people over there for close to 18 years now - it is a great community - pretty much every request for help gets fulfilled.

xnappo

Last edited by xnappo; Yesterday at 09:44 AM.
post #1177 of 1180 Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SimpleSet Mining

mdavej;

Can you tell me where to find out how to get codes from SimpleSet:
Quote:
Besides, we can still mine all the latest codes from UEI via the SimpleSet website and port them straight into Xsight/Nevo.
Thanks

Dennis Roberts
droberts7@cinci.rr.com
Panasonic TC-P55UT50 and Samsung PN51F5300
TivoHD 500 GB and Tivo Roamio 1 TB
C2D custom Libreelec HTPC and NUC 5ppyh Libreelec HTPC
Denon AVR-3802, Klipsch RF3s RC3 SB2s and SVS SV20-39PC
post #1178 of 1180 Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM

- Obtain a "settings.bin" file from a simpleset based remote or from hifi-remote.com
- Download updated bin file from site and open in remote master
- Edit each device upgrade and save to an rmdu file (typically this will be around 20 new device codes)
- Open your Xsight/Nevo file, add new device, open saved rmdu file, remap commands as desired

But simply asking us usually gives better results since we already know the similarities between brands/models/codes. The above is kind of a shotgun approach which is rarely needed unless we're looking at an entirely new protocol (rare).
post #1179 of 1180 Old Today, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
- Obtain a "settings.bin" file from a simpleset based remote or from hifi-remote.com
- Download updated bin file from site and open in remote master
- Edit each device upgrade and save to an rmdu file (typically this will be around 20 new device codes)
- Open your Xsight/Nevo file, add new device, open saved rmdu file, remap commands as desired

But simply asking us usually gives better results since we already know the similarities between brands/models/codes. The above is kind of a shotgun approach which is rarely needed unless we're looking at an entirely new protocol (rare).
OK, thanks. I've got a C2 that I'm going to try to setup with RMIR pretty soon.

Dennis Roberts
droberts7@cinci.rr.com
Panasonic TC-P55UT50 and Samsung PN51F5300
TivoHD 500 GB and Tivo Roamio 1 TB
C2D custom Libreelec HTPC and NUC 5ppyh Libreelec HTPC
Denon AVR-3802, Klipsch RF3s RC3 SB2s and SVS SV20-39PC
post #1180 of 1180 Old Today, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhendrix View Post
OK, thanks. I've got a C2 that I'm going to try to setup with RMIR pretty soon.
Sure thing. BTW, I just noticed your signature. We already have upgrades that will work with everything in that list. No need to resort to SimpleSet. I've posted Tivo and Denon devices myself that should work fine. Any Panasonic and Samsung TV codes will work fine. We also have upgrades for just about every known PC IR interface (MCE, Ortek, NEC, cheap ebay dongle protocol, etc.). I've also got some nice Tivo icons in the Icons and Logos section.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Acoustic Research , Harmony 1100 Remcontrol , Remotes And Controllers