Acoustic Research XSight Remote - Page 41 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 62Likes

post #1201 of 1211 Old 09-27-2017, 05:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Lightbulb New remote control OneForAll URC-8603

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Calling all Xsight and Nevo users. In order to better support this remote since EZ-RC has shut down, our developers need your help. We're looking for a remote that was programmed using EZ-RC that has never been written to from Remote Master, is running a firmware older than 1.3.32 for Xsight and 1.3.33 for Nevo (Home -> Settings -> -> About) and has at least one activity programmed. Please PM me if you're willing to help and meet the above criteria. Thanks
hi i have a new URC-8603 remote again to open and i suppose i never did the firmware upgrade.
I wanted to use it but I saw that it is no longer programmable from the site EZ-RC.
If you give me directions I can open it and connect it to the pc to extract the native firmware.
I am waiting for your instructions.
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1211 Old 09-27-2017, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2274 Post(s)
Liked: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptasys View Post
hi i have a new URC-8603 remote again to open and i suppose i never did the firmware upgrade.
I wanted to use it but I saw that it is no longer programmable from the site EZ-RC.
If you give me directions I can open it and connect it to the pc to extract the native firmware.
I am waiting for your instructions.
Mark
Thanks for the offer, but the firmware issue has been solved. We have all firmwares for all Xsight/Nevo models and can update all of them. I'll update my post. Feel free to go ahead and update that remote with the latest remote master a few posts back.
post #1203 of 1211 Old 09-29-2017, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
As you all probably know, EZ-RC is no more. Remote Master can now replace it 100% and do firmware upgrades on all Xsight/Nevo remotes thanks to a lot of effort by our brilliant developer Mathdon and to our friends at UEI. Their website also directs you to hifi-remote.com, home of Remote Master and the JP1 community. Enjoy!
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/vi...c.php?t=100979
i downloaded the latest 2.05 version but i dont see the Setup.vbs on the folder. i only see the setup sh. i am using windows 10. i dont know how to install the program. when i clicked the setup it says program shortcuts were not created because javaw.exe was not found. btw what is the latest firmware for nevoC2? tia

post #1204 of 1211 Old 09-30-2017, 02:05 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just took the plunge and got a new 4K TV, so for the first time I needed to create a brand new code set within Remote Master rather than use the quick lookup facility in EZ-RC. It was a bit of a challenge, as due to the crowd-sourced nature of the JP1 files section there is very little recent in there, but someone in their support forums pointed me to a code set that worked and I was able to use LG's released documentation to add extra codes for this specific TV. A bit of a learning curve, but I uploaded the new set back to my XSight Touch and no sparks or smoke were emitted and it now controls my TV perfectly. Editing the existing Macros and Activities to include the new TV was a doddle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I wish there was a more modern universal remote that came even half-way toward the elegant functionality of these XSight Touches. The closest I've been able to find is the (very expensive!) Harmony Elite, but that lacks some very basic physical controls such as numeric keys and (apparently, from what I can see) separate fast-forward/rewind and next-track/prev-track buttons. And the current OneForAll range is overall a bit of a joke, they don't do any high-end product at all.
I've not seen it mentioned here, but if you need a new remote that is the proper successor to the XSight range, URC's MX-780 (https://www.universalremote.com/prod...emote-control/ ) and MX-890 (https://www.universalremote.com/prod...emote-control/) seem to fit the bill (although very pricey!). The only missing button appears to be the List physical key, which is strange as I use that all the time for displaying the recorded shows on my TiVo.

Andre
post #1205 of 1211 Old 09-30-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parekoy View Post
i downloaded the latest 2.05 version but i dont see the Setup.vbs on the folder. i only see the setup sh. i am using windows 10. i dont know how to install the program. when i clicked the setup it says program shortcuts were not created because javaw.exe was not found. btw what is the latest firmware for nevoC2? tia
My guess is either your file view settings are hiding it, or your antivirus deleted it. Open up your restrictions and give it another shot. In any case, you can still launch it without an icon.

Latest versions are listed in my wiki. I don’t remember off the top of my head.

EDIT: I see that a few builds of 2.05 have been posted. You'll want to get the earliest 2.05 for the full install, and the later ones for just the updated core program (.jar file). I've installed 2.05 on several Win 10 systems without issue. You'll need to install java runtime as well of course.
parekoy likes this.

Last edited by mdavej; 09-30-2017 at 02:43 PM.
post #1206 of 1211 Old 09-30-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
... due to the crowd-sourced nature of the JP1 files section there is very little recent in there...
True, but the primary reason is that we simply don't need the very latest. Codes within a brand are very static. Many have barely changed in the 20 year history of our site. When a new model comes along that only needs a handful of new commands, we rely on users like you to provide updates, with our help of course, from learns, trial and error or the maker's own technical documents. We're glad to have you participate in this process and encourage other Xsight/Nevo users to as well.
post #1207 of 1211 Old 10-02-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
My guess is either your file view settings are hiding it, or your antivirus deleted it. Open up your restrictions and give it another shot. In any case, you can still launch it without an icon.

Latest versions are listed in my wiki. I don’t remember off the top of my head.

EDIT: I see that a few builds of 2.05 have been posted. You'll want to get the earliest 2.05 for the full install, and the later ones for just the updated core program (.jar file). I've installed 2.05 on several Win 10 systems without issue. You'll need to install java runtime as well of course.
Now i dl the java and i can open the rmir now. But pc wont detect my nevoc2. When i clicked the download from the attached remote this attached file will pop up. Whats going on? Tia

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #1208 of 1211 Old 10-02-2017, 07:08 PM

That window tells you exactly what to do.
Here's some background info:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/inde...0_Requirements
post #1209 of 1211 Old 10-03-2017, 12:08 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by parekoy View Post
Now i dl the java and i can open the rmir now. But pc wont detect my nevoc2.
This is one of the problems that we owners of these legacy devices face; the manufacturers never officially supported anything other then Internet Explorer on up to Windows 8 (or was it 7?), and then they removed all functionality completely a few months ago.

Making these devices work with modern Windows 10 systems has been a labour of love for the user community, so there are some hoops we need to jump through to get it working. They are documented, but getting Remote Master working with our devices is not always a simple plug'n'play job initially. Just follow the instructions on that error message screen and you should at least be able to copy your current remote setup into RMIR.

Andre
post #1210 of 1211 Old 10-03-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
That window tells you exactly what to do.
Here's some background info:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/inde...0_Requirements
Now i follow everything about how to do it. Step by step. And still it wont detect my remote. It will connect to remotethen a in a few seconds it will disconnect

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #1211 of 1211 Old 10-03-2017, 09:48 PM

You missed one of the keys or did not unplug after changing key or don’t have permission to change registry or have low batteries or need to choose Auto interface type in RMIR. Keep trying. It will eventually work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Acoustic Research , Harmony 1100 Remcontrol , Remotes And Controllers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page