post #241 of 753 Old 05-27-2011, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by twarren View Post

maybe due to a sudden run on the supply?
Frys is still selling it at around $70

Ok now they went back down to $64.99. But you can click on the 34 new for $54.99, but then when you get the the check out it says that its out of stock and will ship when ready. However, the ones for $64.99 are in stock. Interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 753 Old 05-28-2011, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 168
This remote is still the same price, it is just that Amazon.com as the seller is out of stock. All the other prices are from third party sellers.

post #243 of 753 Old 05-28-2011, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 288
In any case, the deal is dead. Amazon likely dropped the price to move their remaining stock. I doubt it will be back. On a positive note, mine should arrive Tuesday PM me if you want a deal on a harmony 700.
post #244 of 753 Old 05-28-2011, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

One other question, does this remote have all 52 buttons for the PS3? Does it offer a power on/off if used with the Harmony PS3 adapter?

Thanks
post #245 of 753 Old 05-28-2011, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Probably not. But if you knew the on/off macros harmony uses, you could probably program them. Do you really need 52 commands to watch stuff on a PS3? I personally use a $5 IR adapter with mine. It does everything I need except on/off and uses standard Sony DVD codes.
post #246 of 753 Old 05-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPatrol View Post
Ok now they went back down to $64.99. But you can click on the 34 new for $54.99, but then when you get the the check out it says that its out of stock and will ship when ready. However, the ones for $64.99 are in stock. Interesting.
Be careful--when Amazon is out of stock, the search lists 3rd party sellers with stock first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
In any case, the deal is dead. Amazon likely dropped the price to move their remaining stock. I doubt it will be back. On a positive note, mine should arrive Tuesday PM me if you want a deal on a harmony 700.
I don't know about this. I've ordered many "Temporarily Out of Stock" items on Amazon, and my experience is that they do come back in stock. Could be different with this remote perhaps.

There was a slew of open boxed ones on eBay a little over a week ago that could have been picked up for under $30 shipped. But I didn't want to risk an open box item when it was readily available risk-free from Amazon at already a great price considering.

I actually ended up with two of them since they would not refund the $15 difference from when I ordered it a week and a half ago. So they told me to play that stupid game: to order a new one at the lower price and return it for the old higher price so I can get my $15 discount. Stupid waste of money, but Amazon customer service reps are worthless sometimes. Said something about policy of not refunding a difference of less than $20. And I've spent tens of thousands of dollars on Amazon since they opened!!!
post #247 of 753 Old 05-29-2011, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok sorry for 20 questions, but is anyone using this with an HDMI switcher, if so, were there any issues setting up the remote? Thanks
post #248 of 753 Old 05-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ok sorry for 20 questions, but is anyone using this with an HDMI switcher, if so, were there any issues setting up the remote? Thanks

I'm using a Monoprice 4x4 HDMI switch (HDX-404E). The UEI library had the 4x2 (HDX-402E). I programmed/learned it from scratch with no problems.
post #249 of 753 Old 05-31-2011, 11:08 PM

Liked: 10
Is the Acoustic Research ARRX18G Remote 100% compatible with the Nevo REX-433 RF Extender?

Thanks!

All For Fun | HTPC & Gaming
post #250 of 753 Old 06-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

These are back in stock (shows 7 left) for $2 more than the previous sale price. Still a very good value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Q. Public View Post

Is the Acoustic Research ARRX18G Remote 100% compatible with the Nevo REX-433 RF Extender?

Thanks!

I received the extender yesterday, but have been too busy to even plug it in. But I will by the weekend and report back. There is no reason why it would not be compatible if both the remote and RF extender is for the same region.
post #251 of 753 Old 06-01-2011, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Nevo C2/C3 are identical to Xsight Color/Touch. So any Nevo accessories like the RF extender will be 100% compatible with Xsight.
post #252 of 753 Old 06-01-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:

Nevo C2/C3 are identical to Xsight Color/Touch. So any Nevo accessories like the RF extender will be 100% compatible with Xsight.

Thanks.
Bought a Xsight Touch during the Amazon sale the other week.
Wanted to make sure before I bought a $30 NIB Nevo RF Extender
I found on Ebay.

All For Fun | HTPC & Gaming
post #253 of 753 Old 06-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Q. Public View Post
Thanks.
Bought a Xsight Touch during the Amazon sale the other week.
Wanted to make sure before I bought a $30 NIB Nevo RF Extender
I found on Ebay.
I checked it last night really quickly, and it works just fine. As expected.
post #254 of 753 Old 06-02-2011, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

I just got my remote in the mail. I can not get it to connect to the website. I keep getting a pop up error that says something about "Broker" having to disconnect. What does this mean?

When I click on "check for updates" in the icon tray, it says that there are updates, but when I click on Yes, it doesn't do anything.

Do you have to use IE, or can you use Firefox or Google Chrome?

Thanks
post #255 of 753 Old 06-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

You have to use IE, because the site is ASPX-based. Firefox, Chrome, et al will NOT work properly.
post #256 of 753 Old 06-02-2011, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Rocket View Post

You have to use IE, because the site is ASPX-based. Firefox, Chrome, et al will NOT work properly.

Ok thats not the issue, I am using IE, but I keep getting this pop up error saying that "Broker encountered an error and had to close" it won't let me connect the remote to the website. Any ideas?

Thanks
post #257 of 753 Old 06-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ok thats not the issue, I am using IE, but I keep getting this pop up error saying that "Broker encountered an error and had to close" it won't let me connect the remote to the website. Any ideas?

Thanks

Could be any number of things. Does the tray icon turn green (from red) when you connect the remote? What OS are you using? What version of IE? If you installed the software from the CD, did you reboot your machine?
post #258 of 753 Old 06-02-2011, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

If a reboot doesn't do it, try uninstalling then re-install from HERE rather than from the CD. Also make sure you have admin privileges on your PC and that you disable virus software during the install. Could also be security settings too high for ActiveX's on IE, or firewall blocking certain traffic.
post #259 of 753 Old 06-02-2011, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If a reboot doesn't do it, try uninstalling then re-install from HERE rather than from the CD. Also make sure you have admin privileges on your PC and that you disable virus software during the install. Could also be security settings too high for ActiveX's on IE, or firewall blocking certain traffic.

Having owned and later sold 3 Xsights on 3 different occasions, I've installed and removed the software several times on different OS's and never seen an error like that.

Ok I uninstalled and reinstalled from you link, that didn't work.

How do I find out about the other things, admin privileges, and where are the ActiveX settings in IE?

Heres a picture of the error I get after clicking on connect remote control:

Thanks
LL
post #260 of 753 Old 06-02-2011, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok, I got it, its working now!

I went in and adjusted some settings in IE. Boy do I feel stupid right now.

Thanks to those that answered.
post #261 of 753 Old 06-02-2011, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Had my RF Extender setup for a few weeks and love it, but sometimes it looses RF on one device (all other devices the RF still works). The device is my Sony Tv that I use a 10ft mono extension on. It still works if I point the remote at the Tv. Also I can see the RF extender "blinking" when pressing buttons, but the IR emitter is just not working for the Tv. Sometimes I can get it back if I pull the battery from the remote and re-insert. Other times I have to put the remote on the charger. It's like the strength of the batteries in the remote has something to do with the amount of IR sent through the IR emitters? Cause all the devices that don't have a 10ft mono extension keep working... Strange
post #262 of 753 Old 06-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn View Post

Had my RF Extender setup for a few weeks and love it, but sometimes it looses RF on one device (all other devices the RF still works). The device is my Sony Tv that I use a 10ft mono extension on. It still works if I point the remote at the Tv. Also I can see the RF extender "blinking" when pressing buttons, but the IR emitter is just not working for the Tv. Sometimes I can get it back if I pull the battery from the remote and re-insert. Other times I have to put the remote on the charger. It's like the strength of the batteries in the remote has something to do with the amount of IR sent through the IR emitters? Cause all the devices that don't have a 10ft mono extension keep working... Strange

To isolate the problem, I suggest switching the emitter ports and also to make sure the TV isn't reacting to the IR coming directly from the remote, tape/cover up the IR emitter on the remote.

It could very well be the extension. The emitter will let IR through, so it may be the extension causing a problem, but it works intermittently because the IR from the remote sometimes penetrate the IR emitter on the TV. Does this make sense?

I know one of my pieces of equipment, it gets confused by certain buttons when it is receiving both the IR from the RF adapter AND the IR directly from the remote. I wish there was a way to just turn of IR on the remote so that this doesn't happen. It would save battery life as well.
post #263 of 753 Old 06-04-2011, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, I'm liking the touch so far, having used it a few days. The software has improved a little since the last time I had one of these remotes. But the major annoyances are still there (frustrating softkey management, uploading learns, slow interface). As long as you're aware of the quirks, it's not too bad. It's still an amazing remote for the money. Hopefully the last of my harmonys can go on ebay once the family gets used to this one. It's nice not having any device limitations or macro limitations like harmony has.
post #264 of 753 Old 06-12-2011, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

But the major annoyances are still there (frustrating softkey management, uploading learns, slow interface).

Now that they recently fixed the ability to order the activities and devices, and gave us the ability to turn off the assist button, do you think they might go further and fix the soft key key and learning issues as well?
post #265 of 753 Old 06-12-2011, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. They probably don't consider those issues. It wouldn't hurt to send some emails to support to let them known the changes we'd like to see.
post #266 of 753 Old 06-17-2011, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Rocket View Post
To isolate the problem, I suggest switching the emitter ports and also to make sure the TV isn't reacting to the IR coming directly from the remote, tape/cover up the IR emitter on the remote.

It could very well be the extension. The emitter will let IR through, so it may be the extension causing a problem, but it works intermittently because the IR from the remote sometimes penetrate the IR emitter on the TV. Does this make sense?

I know one of my pieces of equipment, it gets confused by certain buttons when it is receiving both the IR from the RF adapter AND the IR directly from the remote. I wish there was a way to just turn of IR on the remote so that this doesn't happen. It would save battery life as well.
It's definitely not the remote's IR interfering with the extender's IR, simply because when the extender is failing I can point the remote directly at the Tv and the Tv responds.

I've tried other ports in the extender, no change. I wish I had a way to easily bypass the 10 ft extension. If I had an extra IR tail, I would try it for a few days.

The only update at this point is that on the surface the problem seems intermittent, but it seems to happen mostly when the remote has been idle for quite some time (like overnight or a few hours). I will go to use it the first time in the morning or after coming home from work and it fails. I try many times to use the Tv buttons and no response (other devices still respond). Most times I pull the battery out of the remote a few times but there is no change, or reset power on the RF box but still nothing. Once in a while that does fix it.... But if I just let it sit there for another ~10 minutes it will be magically working again!
post #267 of 753 Old 07-21-2011, 02:37 PM

So I just got the ARRX18G with the RF Extender and I love it, way better than my Logitech 650, the only thing that bothers me is that if I'm on an Activity lets say 'Watch TV' and I need to go to a Device to make some changes, I can not go back to that 'Activity', I have to go to 'Home' and re-select 'Watch TV'.

Is there anyway to go back to the previously selected Activity without having to re-select it?

Thanks.

- Panasonic TC-P50ST30
- Yamaha RX-V667
- Polk RM75
- Polk PSW10
- ARRX18G Remote w/ RF extender
- WDTV Live+ (5TB and growing)
post #268 of 753 Old 07-22-2011, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Unfortunately there isn't. You have to think a little differently with this kind of remote since an activity isn't really a "state" like it is on harmony. It's simply a macro. If you pick it again, it will run again. As such, you don't have the ability to go back to that state without finding the activity macro and running it again. And the soft buttons on the LCD are actually associated with devices, not activities (again, different from harmony).
post #269 of 753 Old 07-22-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately there isn't. You have to think a little differently with this kind of remote since an activity isn't really a "state" like it is on harmony. It's simply a macro. If you pick it again, it will run again. As such, you don't have the ability to go back to that state without finding the activity macro and running it again. And the soft buttons on the LCD are actually associated with devices, not activities (again, different from harmony).

Thanks for the clarification, still way better than the Harmony, with the ARRX18 I can pretty much customize everything not like the harmony limitations.

- Panasonic TC-P50ST30
- Yamaha RX-V667
- Polk RM75
- Polk PSW10
- ARRX18G Remote w/ RF extender
- WDTV Live+ (5TB and growing)
post #270 of 753 Old 08-01-2011, 12:29 PM

Liked: 13
$39 on Woot today. So I picked one up - not much to lose on trying it out.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Acoustic Research , Harmony 1100 Remcontrol , Remotes And Controllers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page