Harmony One input lag Motorola Comcast DVR - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 07-05-2009, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought the Harmony One remote and am having trouble with my motorola DVR from comcast. I've noticed significant delay when pressing a single button repeatedly such as I tend to do when scrolling through the guide or doing a title search. The OEM remote is much faster and I can press teh button say four times and it quickly responds and moves the cursor.

With the Harmony, there is a very noticeable delay between each transmission, and the commands are queued so that if I press it four times it moves four times, but with significant lag time.

I've tried configuring the delay and repeat settings. Even with repeat 0 and both inter-device and inter-key delay set to 0 there is still a very noticeable lag.

However, with the harmony if I hold down the button rather than pressing it repeatedly it does respond quickly, so it seems like the problem isn't with the delay settings for transmitting the command but with the remote's ability to process quickly the keypresses on its own keypad. Have other people had this problem and found any sort of resolution?

I called logitech support and the operator actually thinks the remote is defective and has started and RMA process, but I'm somewhat doubtful and I'm worried I'll go through an RMA hassle and discover that this is just how it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-06-2009, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Did you try changing the number of repeats?
post #3 of 9 Old 07-06-2009, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

yea set repeats to zero and also interkey and interdevice latencies to 0, though I've tried lots of combinations and all are laggy.
post #4 of 9 Old 07-06-2009, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Repeats should most likely be 2 or 3. The Motorola is most likely expecting multiple commands. Try setting both delays to 100 and the repeats to 3, then 2.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-07-2009, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

setting repeats higher than 0 makes the lag noticeably worse. The issue here is the amount of time it takes for the remote to respond to a keypress and send the event, so pressing a button multiple times rapidly, such as scrolling through a menu, the commands will queue up rather than being sent out as quickly as in the comcast remote.

Setting higher repeats just makes each command transmit take longer. The repeat is if the device is having trouble picking up the IR, which I'm not having.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-09-2009, 09:54 AM

I'm having the same issue on a verizon motrola dvr. I haven't played with it yet though to try and improve it. Just unboxed the harmony last night.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-09-2009, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Logitech support sent me this:

Quote:

Thank you for your recent inquiry about your Harmony Universal Remote.

We are sorry to hear that Harmony remote was not controlling your PVR properly. We have made some changes to the IR codes for your PVR. We would need you to update your Harmony remote and test how it now controls your PVR.

Please test and advice about the results. Thank you.

Didn't help though.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-17-2012, 12:51 PM

I was having the same issue for a couple of days. The solution that worked for me was to unplug the power supply from the back of the Motorola DVR unit > wait a minute or so > plug power back in and let DVR restart and boot. Harmony One has been working flawlessly since then. Hope this works for you!
post #9 of 9 Old 05-17-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlunario View Post

I was having the same issue for a couple of days. The solution that worked for me was to unplug the power supply from the back of the Motorola DVR unit > wait a minute or so > plug power back in and let DVR restart and boot. Harmony One has been working flawlessly since then. Hope this works for you!

This. It seems that every 6 months or so my DVR seems to bog down - shoddy software most likely. Unplugging and plugging back in works ever time.
Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page