AVS Forum banner

Official Logitech Harmony 900 thread

466K views 3K replies 453 participants last post by  mogrub 
#1 ·
#27 ·
I've never used the RF Harmonys, but just a question about the new 900 series....

Each "Main Blaster" can only be synced to one remote? Or can multiple 900 remotes be synced to it (not really wanting the remotes to be in sync, just use the same RF "Main Blaster").

#29 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by squareeyes /forum/post/16980849

i'm updating the site in the next day or two to host the new 900 favorite icons database.

i can tell you already that the screen resolution on the new 900 is much improved and the new icons look fantastic (imho). i've been using the beta product for awhile and the resolution combined with the nice animated screen transitions make for a very sharp user experience.

OK, randy. The big question. Can YOU finally make icons for Activities??

#32 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Actuary /forum/post/16981375

no icon uploading/choosing for activities

the selection of icons you can pick for a command is bigger, but still not customizable

#33 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Actuary /forum/post/16981375

no icon uploading/choosing for activities

the selection of icons you can pick for a command is bigger, but still not customizable

is your name randy?

uhhm... what he said.

#36 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamanaco /forum/post/16981294

Amazon has a couple nice pics of the 900 where you can zoom on the device, but it has not been officially released. It shows the MSRP

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harmony-Remote-Control-Black/dp/B002IC0YL8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1250007623&sr=8-2

That's odd that Amazon shows four IR ports on the back of the RF extender and also a picture of a stick-on emitter pair. I can see the emitter picture being incorrect, but the four port extender would have to be photoshopped.

#37 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj /forum/post/16981445

That's odd that Amazon shows four IR ports on the back of the RF extender and also a picture of a stick-on emitter pair. I can see the emitter picture being incorrect, but the four port extender would have to be photoshopped.

might be our beta models only had the two and the production version includes four. i used a couple splitters from my neighborhood radio shack to increase the number of leads out and it worked fine too.

#39 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj /forum/post/16981445

I don't see the picture you're referring to.

I've read that this model doesn't support sequences. I think that's strange, considering that many want the current sequence capability on the Harmony One to be expanded to more than 5 steps.

#40 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ortiz /forum/post/16981676

I don't see the picture you're referring to.

I've read that this model doesn't support sequences. I think that's strange, considering that many want the current sequence capability on the Harmony One to be expanded to more than 5 steps.

That's odd... those two pictures were removed from Amazon.

Edit: The power of "Work Offline" + "History"

#42 ·
Wannabe: Kindly clarify "sequences". I have my 1000 currently programmed to raise the lights on a pause (sequence of raise lights command and then pause command) and dim lights on play (sequence of lower light command and then play command).

Will I lose this functionality?

Can it still be programmed to setup a device used in an activity like a lighting controller (i.e., set lights to DIM on 'Watch DVD').

#44 ·
No free lunches in this remote game are there?

Finally what appears to be a useful device and the one bit of flexibility for programming is removed. I get it, make it easy to program, restrict advanced features and thus mitigate calls to customer service; but this is too far.

#45 ·
What?! So I cant program it to raise the lights when I push pause? Thats lame!

#47 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.