Official Logitech Harmony 900 thread - Page 77 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2281 of 2796 Old 03-27-2012, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Alright, I bought a new device, and once again, hours of attempts to make the Harmony 900 work with it have failed.

I bought a Roku 2 XS to replace a Roku 1. I've set everything up correctly, but the 'Back' and 'Home' buttons refuse to work. When I'm watching a movie on Netflix, for example, I can Play, Pause, FFD, and RWD fine. I set the 'Return' looking button on the remote (right below the channel +/- button) as 'Back' in the software. It does nothing. I set the red button (right above the volume +/-) as 'Home'. It does nothing. Basically, once I start a movie, there's no way to stop it with the Harmony 900. I have bring out the Roku 2 remote if I want to stop playback, watch something else, or go to a different app, like Amazon Streaming.

There's a 'Home' soft button on the remote screen by default that works as 'Home', so the function obviously works. It flat out refuses to perform the actions when they're set to hard buttons. I've redone the settings several times to try to get it to catch. No luck. I tried to use the Roku 2 remote to teach the commands manually, but the Harmony 900 does not receive them, probably because the Roku 2 is a bluetooth remote, not IR.

Anyone know how to appease the Harmony gods this time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2282 of 2796 Old 03-27-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 284
IIRC, all Roku's use the same codes, so I'd try an older model. New models often have errors in the logitech database. Also when you say you assign certain functions to buttons in the software do you do it in device mode or activity mode? All changes need to be done in the activity, not the device.
post #2283 of 2796 Old 03-27-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

IIRC, all Roku's use the same codes, so I'd try an older model. New models often have errors in the logitech database. Also when you say you assign certain functions to buttons in the software do you do it in device mode or activity mode? All changes need to be done in the activity, not the device.

Still no luck. I got excited when the Harmony 900 picked up the functions when I used the Roku 1 remote, but they still don't work. I went ahead and used the Roku 1 to teach it Play and RWD (which already worked before) to see if all the commands were the same for the Roxu 1 and 2. They still work now, but Home and Back still won't cooperate.

Edited my origial post with the model (Roku 2 XS).
post #2284 of 2796 Old 03-27-2012, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Try using shorter key presses when learning, and make sure home and back in your activity are mapped to the commands you learned.
post #2285 of 2796 Old 03-27-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Try using shorter key presses when learning, and make sure home and back in your activity are mapped to the commands you learned.

Tried that as well. It took me a while to get the key presses timing down, but eventually, I did all the buttons that way. Checked the keymapping again. Nothing.

Edit: Updating from the old remote with 'Learn' and 'Learn Raw' produces no new results.

I hate this remote. Almost 4 hours spent on this. And it happens every time I change anything.
post #2286 of 2796 Old 03-27-2012, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Here's another thing you can try. I see from another code database that the Roku LT (Model 2400X) use a different code for Home than other models. So give that one a try and see if Home works.

Roku uses an NEC protocol that repeats, so that's why it's tough to get the timing right during the learns.
post #2287 of 2796 Old 03-28-2012, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have harmony 900. It was working fine. However, recently I have to click many times to increase/decrease volume. Some times it responds quickly when I press volume button.

Is there any work around to fix this intermittent issue? I am using Anthem mrx 700 receiver. Thanks for your help.
post #2288 of 2796 Old 03-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
I know this might sound crazy...but is there a way to "disable" the touch screen or perhaps turn the remote off until I want to activate it?

I will explain...have a theater with projector...I am getting ready to move some things around, get drinks, popcorn, etc.

I have nothing turned on yet and want it that way. So while moving the remote, i.e picking it up and putting it down my fingers ALWAYS seem to touch the screen and thus fire up the dang activity that then launches my sequence of events that I am not ready for...

THEN I am screwed as my projector is ON and you really should not instantly cycle, off, etc.

Any ideas?

Can I move the activity to a second screen...can't seem to do that either. I guess I could put a bunch of FAKE activities, etc.

So frustrated. thanks in advance!
post #2289 of 2796 Old 03-31-2012, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofast68 View Post

I know this might sound crazy...but is there a way to "disable" the touch screen or perhaps turn the remote off until I want to activate it?

I will explain...have a theater with projector...I am getting ready to move some things around, get drinks, popcorn, etc.

I have nothing turned on yet and want it that way. So while moving the remote, i.e picking it up and putting it down my fingers ALWAYS seem to touch the screen and thus fire up the dang activity that then launches my sequence of events that I am not ready for...

THEN I am screwed as my projector is ON and you really should not instantly cycle, off, etc.

Any ideas?

Can I move the activity to a second screen...can't seem to do that either. I guess I could put a bunch of FAKE activities, etc.

So frustrated. thanks in advance!

I hear what you are saying...I accidentally "ejected" a movie while I was watching it the other night...and with my 5+ year old blu-ray player, let's just say it doesn't startup the fastest.

I have my projector on IR (not RF) so if I start an activity by accident the projector doesn't power cycle if I'm not pointing it at the screen and / or projector.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it.

My Little Theater
post #2290 of 2796 Old 04-01-2012, 05:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post

I hear what you are saying...I accidentally "ejected" a movie while I was watching it the other night...and with my 5+ year old blu-ray player, let's just say it doesn't startup the fastest.

I have my projector on IR (not RF) so if I start an activity by accident the projector doesn't power cycle if I'm not pointing it at the screen and / or projector.

So I am not the only one...I really wish the on button "would wake it up" or I wish there was some way to stop this...

Oh well...perhaps someone will figure it out and let us know.
post #2291 of 2796 Old 04-01-2012, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So I am not the only one...I really wish the on button "would wake it up" or I wish there was some way to stop this...

I did find that if you have a 2nd page of activities and select that page after powering everything down, when you pick it up again, it will be on the 2nd page of the activities. So, I guess that would be your work around...or just try grabbing it from the bottom

At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it.

My Little Theater
post #2292 of 2796 Old 04-01-2012, 08:06 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:

I did find that if you have a 2nd page of activities and select that page after powering everything down, when you pick it up again, it will be on the 2nd page of the activities. So, I guess that would be your work around...or just try grabbing it from the bottom

You can re-order Activities, in the Software, and on the Activities Tab, there is an Option to re-order Activities, it is next to Add Activity
post #2293 of 2796 Old 04-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I noticed this also, you can get yourself in trouble if you are not careful about touching the screen when you don't want to. An optional turn screen on button would be nice for those who need it.

I am liking this remote. I is not as super powered as some of the Universals that pretty much require a professional that works with them daily to set it up. If your looking to turn on the right devices to the correct settings with one button push and setting the remote up yourself as needed it is perfect.

However, if your looking to do more than the above with some really complex commands it might be better to go with a Universal and pay a pro to set it up and then reset it as your HT evolves.

"It's not a lie if you believe it's the truth" --- George Costanza
post #2294 of 2796 Old 04-01-2012, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Could anyone please tell me in what category or where to look for, to program the 900 to control a Popcorn Hour A300? I can't seem to find Popcorn Hour in the database......

And also, for those who use the 900 to also control Smarthome/Insteon's lighting switches, how do you do that?

Many thanks!
post #2295 of 2796 Old 04-02-2012, 05:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post

Could anyone please tell me in what category or where to look for, to program the 900 to control a Popcorn Hour A300? I can't seem to find Popcorn Hour in the database......

And also, for those who use the 900 to also control Smarthome/Insteon's lighting switches, how do you do that?

Many thanks!

Computer, Media Center PC, Popcorn Hour, and A-300.

I have an H1 and have the switch device added to activities where it will be used, power toggle when starting the activity and power toggle as part of power off.
post #2296 of 2796 Old 04-02-2012, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPlayer View Post

Computer, Media Center PC, Popcorn Hour, and A-300.

I have an H1 and have the switch device added to activities where it will be used, power toggle when starting the activity and power toggle as part of power off.

Thanks a lot BPlayer!
post #2297 of 2796 Old 04-04-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:

This may work for you: Locking the touchscreen on the Harmony 900 to allow for easy cleaning

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/...-easy-cleaning
post #2298 of 2796 Old 04-04-2012, 10:57 AM

I'm trying to figure out how to get around a problem with my harmony and it's driving me crazy.

I have an onkyo tx-sr609 receiver with a second powered zone outside. In order to access any of the ZoneII functions harmony makes you add the second zone as a separate component. So far, so good.

When I add an activity like 'listen to pandora' I want the capability to access zoneII to stream to my outside speakers so I have to add the 'zoneII' component as an included device. Here is the problem: even though I specify that no input selection is needed on this device the harmony automatically powers it on at the beginning of the activity. And I can't figure out any way to prevent it from doing so. My only workarounds are as follows:

-add another 'power' command to turn the zone II back off, which seems like a rickety workaround
-add another activity, i.e. listen to pandora inside and listen to pandora outside. Also not an ideal solution.

If anyone has an idea how to rectify this I'd be extremely grateful. This is a relatively simple problem and it boggles my mind that I cannot override the power on command for zone II just because the device is added to the activity.

-kb
post #2299 of 2796 Old 04-04-2012, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Not sure I understand your problem. Any device you add to an activity will be powered on when entering an activity unless you indicate that the device is always powered on.

You should have separate activities for zone 1 and zone 2 audio unless you want both on at the same time.
post #2300 of 2796 Old 04-04-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 View Post

Not sure I understand your problem. Any device you add to an activity will be powered on when entering an activity unless you indicate that the device is always powered on.

You should have separate activities for zone 1 and zone 2 audio unless you want both on at the same time.

My problem is this: I want the ability to listen to zone2 in several activities: listen to pandora, listen to Ipod, listen to radio, watch TV, listen to CD. As you can see, adding 2 activities for each of these (listen to inside, listen to inside and outside) would be a terribly large amount of duplication. I want to have Zone 2 capabilities in each activity without having that zone power on.

So are you saying the workaround is to indicate in the device that it is always powered on? If so, can you tell me where to find this option?

-kb
post #2301 of 2796 Old 04-04-2012, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Go to the device (zone 2), in the software and run thru the setup again. You will be asked about the devices power state somewhere in there and you indicate that the device is always powered on. The devices power state should no longer be affected when entering or exiting activities. Input selection is still possible.

You will then need to add the power commands and perhaps zone 2 volume commands to the screen for control.
post #2302 of 2796 Old 04-04-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:

Go to the device (zone 2), in the software and run thru the setup again. You will be asked about the devices power state somewhere in there and you indicate that the device is always powered on. The devices power state should no longer be affected when entering or exiting activities. Input selection is still possible.

You will then need to add the power commands and perhaps zone 2 volume commands to the screen for control.

Thank you! That is EXACTLY what I am trying to accomplish. The screen power/volume commands have already been added.

-kb
post #2303 of 2796 Old 04-12-2012, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

I am having problem to change volume on mrx 300 using logitech 900 when I play 3d. Somebody mentioned that it is due IR transmission of 3d by projector.

I am able to change volume using receiver's remote. Any suggestions or tips to make it work?
post #2304 of 2796 Old 04-12-2012, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Are you using the 900's extender or are you controlling the receiver directly from the remote? Is the receiver in view of the of the 3D IR emitter?
post #2305 of 2796 Old 04-13-2012, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Are you using the 900's extender or are you controlling the receiver directly from the remote? Is the receiver in view of the of the 3D IR emitter?

I am using 900's extender. All my equipment is infront of 3D IR emitter, but slightly right side.

I can try pointing IR emitter little bit away from receiver. I don't have problem to control other equipment like oppo 93 player which are in same rack.
post #2306 of 2796 Old 04-30-2012, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Can the 900 use RF to control devices directly or is the RF only to communicate to the IR blaster?

I'm asking because I am purchasing a Da-Lite PRO-IMAGER HORIZONTAL SCREEN MASKING SYSTEM and I can either purchase a "Radio Frequency Low Voltage Remote Control System" or an IR version. I'd much rather go with the RF version, but when I put Da-Lite model number 82433 as shown here, the Harmony Remote Software says, "Before continuing, click the "More Information" link(s)." When clicked, it says, "Uncontrollable RF Only device This device uses a signal type that cannot be controlled using the remote."

Any ideas?

Chet
post #2307 of 2796 Old 04-30-2012, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post

Can the 900 use RF to control devices directly or is the RF only to communicate to the IR blaster?

I'm asking because I am purchasing a Da-Lite PRO-IMAGER HORIZONTAL SCREEN MASKING SYSTEM and I can either purchase a "Radio Frequency Low Voltage Remote Control System" or an IR version. I'd much rather go with the RF version, but when I put Da-Lite model number 82433 as shown here, the Harmony Remote Software says, "Before continuing, click the "More Information" link(s)." When clicked, it says, "Uncontrollable RF Only device This device uses a signal type that cannot be controlled using the remote."

Any ideas?

RF only to the IR blaster is my understanding.

Now, I'm not sure on the older 890's as you have to plug in the blaster into the machine and program it, too. The 900 is "pre-programmed" to talk to the IR blaster.

My Little Theater
post #2308 of 2796 Old 04-30-2012, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
sivartk, where are you in Round Rock? I'm in Teravista behind the Ikea.

Chet
post #2309 of 2796 Old 04-30-2012, 06:48 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

RF only to the IR blaster is my understanding.

Now, I'm not sure on the older 890's as you have to plug in the blaster into the machine and program it, too. The 900 is "pre-programmed" to talk to the IR blaster.

http://blog.logitech.com/2010/04/06/...ol-rf-devices/

-GlassWolf
My Home Cinema

post #2310 of 2796 Old 04-30-2012, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post

sivartk, where are you in Round Rock? I'm in Teravista behind the Ikea.

Hmmm...almost due south of you...nestled in Forest Creek.

My Little Theater
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page