Official Logitech Harmony 900 thread - Page 94 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2791 of 2799 Old 04-23-2014, 04:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
It is inherent in the architecture of the remote. You just have to live with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2792 of 2799 Old 06-12-2014, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone ever tried to replace the LCD screen?

My 900 had a bad fall yesterday, and now the LCD screen inside is cracked. The remote still works otherwise, and I can even use the touchscreen by remembering where things were.
post #2793 of 2799 Old 06-12-2014, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Trooper, that's a shame. I can't imagine you could pull off that surgery, but if you are motivated anything's possible. You'd almost certainly have to scavenge the replacement part from another 900. Post back when you decide on repair vs replacement, and tell us what you do.
post #2794 of 2799 Old 06-26-2014, 09:03 AM

Update: I almost went the route of fixing the screen myself, but my soldering skills aren't the best. I found a company on ebay that would replace the LCD screen at a decent price. So...

I received the repaired remote yesterday, and I'm having some issues (and regrets). The image on the screen (not the screen itself) starts to get wobbly, shaky, and unstable - almost like interference on an old OTA TV channel. Then the remote goes to the white screen and reboots itself. I've contacted the seller to see where we go from here, but does anyone know what the "wobbly" image is a symptom of? Is it a bad connection?
post #2795 of 2799 Old 06-27-2014, 09:25 AM

Something to add: I noticed that the wobbly image and reboot happen pretty consistently when I press the OFF button. The seller says this is a battery issue, but I'm a little dubious of that.
post #2796 of 2799 Old 06-29-2014, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikstormtrooper View Post
Something to add: I noticed that the wobbly image and reboot happen pretty consistently when I press the OFF button. The seller says this is a battery issue, but I'm a little dubious of that.
Drop it in the charger for 24 hours and then immediately put it in action, and see if there is the same issue. I'm dubious too.
post #2797 of 2799 Old 07-30-2014, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Slowed down activity boot up?

I had to replace my Onkyo pre-amp recently, so I had a lot of re-programming of my 900 to do. I eventually started from scratch.

One thing I've noticed is that my activities (which use the same components except for the new pre-amp) take much longer than before. For instance: "Watch TV" which turned on my TV and pre-amp while selecting the correct input(s) used to take around 5 seconds. Now it takes 10+ seconds. During which, the 900 screen shows the spinning "processing" dial in the middle. I don't recall ever seeing that before.

Anyone experience something similar. Maybe I did something incorrectly in reprogramming the 900?

Thanks in advance...
post #2798 of 2799 Old 07-30-2014, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thos19 View Post
I had to replace my Onkyo pre-amp recently, so I had a lot of re-programming of my 900 to do. I eventually started from scratch.

One thing I've noticed is that my activities (which use the same components except for the new pre-amp) take much longer than before. For instance: "Watch TV" which turned on my TV and pre-amp while selecting the correct input(s) used to take around 5 seconds. Now it takes 10+ seconds. During which, the 900 screen shows the spinning "processing" dial in the middle. I don't recall ever seeing that before.

Anyone experience something similar. Maybe I did something incorrectly in reprogramming the 900?

Thanks in advance...
Somewhat similar issue - I find some of the controls stop working during use - for example volume or mute stop working on the AVR. Buttons are not faulty.

What's the proper process to completely wipe/reset the Harmony and Software so you can start from scratch?

Van G

Carl Spackler: "The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff."
post #2799 of 2799 Old 08-02-2014, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van G View Post
Somewhat similar issue - I find some of the controls stop working during use - for example volume or mute stop working on the AVR. Buttons are not faulty.

What's the proper process to completely wipe/reset the Harmony and Software so you can start from scratch?
Ther is no easy way of doing that. You can just create a brand new account, add your devices and create your activities. Or delete all of your Activities, then delete all of your devices in your old account. There is no reset to factory option.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page