Official Logitech Harmony 900 thread - Page 96 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 11Likes
post #2851 of 2862 Old 06-29-2015, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
BTW, look at the picture you posted of the Logitech site, clearly shows the Ultimate remote and says to update the hub which the 900 doesn't have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2852 of 2862 Old 07-24-2015, 06:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 900 controls everything via RF, except turning my HDTV on/off.

The HDTV power is controlled via IR from the 900.

Within the last month, the 900 will not turn the HDTV on/off, but will control all the other components correctly via RF.

However, if I put the 900 about 12" or less from the HDTV and press "watch tv", the HDTV will power on. This leads me to believe that the IR emitter is weak.

Is there a DIY procedure to replace the IR emitter or some other form of troubleshooting to determine the reason I cannot turn my HDTV on/off while sitting on my couch?

AlbanyHDTV.com webmaster
post #2853 of 2862 Old 07-25-2015, 03:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 129
use the mini blasters.
post #2854 of 2862 Old 07-25-2015, 04:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
use the mini blasters.
My HDTV is mounted on a wall with no wires hanging from it.

How would I have the mini-blaster turn the HDTV on/off without leaving exposed wires?

AlbanyHDTV.com webmaster
post #2855 of 2862 Old 07-25-2015, 04:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 129
tape and imagination.
post #2856 of 2862 Old Today, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
DirecTv H23-600 & Harmony 900 Problems?

I can't get my Harmony 900 to control my DirecTv H23-600 via RF to IR. I have even tried entering all the H20 IR commands manually without success.

I had it working at one point by using the Harmony equipment library code for an H20-100 but for reasons unknown to me it stopped working. Everything else in my Harmony setup is working fine.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
post #2857 of 2862 Old Today, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Picture View Post
I can't get my Harmony 900 to control my DirecTv H23-600 via RF to IR. I have even tried entering all the H20 IR commands manually without success.

I had it working at one point by using the Harmony equipment library code for an H20-100 but for reasons unknown to me it stopped working. Everything else in my Harmony setup is working fine.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
So, you are controlling other equipment with your Harmony blaster via RF to IR just fine? I assume your Directv H23 receiver is responding to the DirecTv remote OK? Does the H23 have it's own RF remote control option that someone in your household turned ON instead of using the normal IR control?
post #2858 of 2862 Old Today, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
So, you are controlling other equipment with your Harmony blaster via RF to IR just fine? I assume your Directv H23 receiver is responding to the DirecTv remote OK? Does the H23 have it's own RF remote control option that someone in your household turned ON instead of using the normal IR control?
All other equipment working fine RF to IR with Harmony 900. H23 working fine in both RF & IR mode with it's own remote, set to IR mode now.

I am using a 3rd party mini blaster to the H23 that signals visually red when it's working, seems to be working fine.

What else can I try or look into?

Last edited by Big Picture; Today at 02:08 PM.
post #2859 of 2862 Old Today, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Picture View Post
All other equipment working fine RF to IR with Harmony 900. H23 working fine in both RF & IR mode with it's own remote, set to IR mode now.

I am using a 3rd party mini blaster with the H23 that signals visually when it's working, seems to be working fine.

What else can I try or look into?
I assume you double checked your RF device assign settings in your Harmony remote menu? Make sure the your H23 didn't get toggled to OFF. When you press commands that are just for the H23, what icon flashes at the top of your remote display? the IR wave icon or the correct RF antenna symbol? If your RF device assignment is correct, maybe try removing and re adding the blaster.....
post #2860 of 2862 Old Today, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

I would disconnect/take off the mini blaster from the H23 and see if the main blaster works OK. I never need the mini blaster in my equipment closet as the main blaster sprays the IR signal just fine.... and just because the indicator light works on your 3rd party mini, doesn't necessarily mean that the IR emitter is working properly in it...
post #2861 of 2862 Unread Today, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I would disconnect/take off the mini blaster from the H23 and see if the main blaster works OK. I never need the mini blaster in my equipment closet as the main blaster sprays the IR signal just fine.... and just because the indicator light works on your 3rd party mini, doesn't necessarily mean that the IR emitter is working properly in it...
My H23 is in an ajoining room so I need a mini blaster there. Whats vexing is that the setup was working and now it's not. I am suspecting maybe a problem with the RF setup, is there some sort of RF master reset somewhere in the H900 system?

Thanks.
post #2862 of 2862 Unread Today, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My H23 is in an ajoining room so I need a mini blaster there. Whats vexing is that the setup was working and now it's not. I am suspecting maybe a problem with the RF setup, is there some sort of RF master reset somewhere in the H900 system?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page