Old 08-11-2009, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Q#1:

I have the Harmony 890 and the RF Extender in my HT
In the setup I have a Z-wave light switch to turn the lights on and off.
I see how you attach a scene to an activity.
However My question is: for my "Watch Movie" activity - it turns the lights on as well as the Proj and DVD player. I have the remote by the entrance so that this goes on as you walk to your seat. I would like for the activity to turn off the lights after a 60 sec. delay (i.e. enough time to get to your seat) - However it seems that you can only have one scene per activity? Any ideas?
the only way that I see how is to exit out of the watch movie activity - and then shut the lights via a separate "Lights Off" activity. The problem with that is that I have all of the buttons on the remote mapped to control the various devices (DVD, Proj) under the Watch movie activity - so I'd like to avoid exiting it.

Q#2: If I buy a Z-wave motion sensor is there a way to connect it to my remote so that when I enter the room it starts an activity on the remote (e.g. "Watch Movie")?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2009, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Maybe you could create a "Prepare to Watch Movie" activity that turns on the lights, projector, and DVD. When you are seated hit the "Watch Movie" activity, but change the scene to turn off the lights instead of turning them on.

You can also leave things the way they are and hit "Activities" "RF Tools" "All Off" then click "Activities" or "Devices" twice to put you back into your previous activity screen (which would be "Watch Movies").

Old 08-11-2009, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yep I guess that'd work. Just did it.
thanks, now I just have the Q re: buying a Z-wave motion sensor is there a way to connect it to my remote so that when I enter the room it starts an activity on the remote (e.g. "Watch Movie")?

Also: I'd like to Program a button to shut off the PS3 (used as my DVD/BR player). I tried to add a sequence but it requires about 11 steps to do however the sequence feature seems to only allow 5 - is there a way to program a button to shut off the PS3
Old 08-11-2009, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgott42 View Post

Yep I guess that'd work. Just did it.
thanks, now I just have the Q re: buying a Z-wave motion sensor is there a way to connect it to my remote so that when I enter the room it starts an activity on the remote (e.g. "Watch Movie")?

Also: I'd like to Program a button to shut off the PS3 (used as my DVD/BR player). I tried to add a sequence but it requires about 11 steps to do however the sequence feature seems to only allow 5 - is there a way to program a button to shut off the PS3

I doubt you will get a motion sensor to communicate with the 890 since the remote does not have two way communication.

For the PS3 you would need an IR to Bluetooth converter that has a discrete power off macro built into the unit. The PS3IR-500 would be the lowest cost solution of what you would need. http://shop.remoteshoppe.com/product...&productId=152

Old 08-11-2009, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I noticed a weird thing. The remote works fine controlling the PS3- however sometimes when I press an arrow key to navigate around the PS3 dashboard it moves many multiples of that. e.g. If I press up once it goes up 3-4 times.
Any idea?
Old 08-11-2009, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgott42 View Post

...)?

What device are you using to accept the Harmony's IR and then control the Bluetooth PS3?
Old 08-13-2009, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm using the Nyko BluWave IR
Old 08-17-2009, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

bump
for Q re: why Harmony moves many spaces on my PS3 when I press it once.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
It is most likely sending the blasting the commands multiple times. I think you might be able to adjust this in your activities. Not sure because it's been a long time since I've had to reprogram my Harmony 890.

Eric

My Stuff: Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 w/  Ideal-Lume Bias Lighting, Yamaha RX-V3800, Oppo BDP-103D

Old 08-17-2009, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks, but not sure what you mean. The problem happens when I'm not performing any activity, just trying to move in the PS3 menu left or right