Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltiDawg View Post

It has no effect on DVD DD sound.

Let's see, you're watching a DVD with your spouse. He/she says, "Dear, this car chase scene is too loud. We'll wake the baby."

You get up and turn on the lights. Select Triangle. Navigate to the speaker icon using the up, down, left, right keys. Select that icon. You now see a scale labeled "Normal" in the center and allowing you to add up to 4 clicks or subtract up to four clicks. You navigate to the left and then push select.

And there in no change in the sound level.

Now get back up and turn the light off and leave your spouse to watch the rest of the movie while you tend to the screaming baby.

In my house, we'd push the down volume button to control the audio level out of the receiver. (And the baby would get a good night's sleep.)

Not a problem for me , we all watch movie together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 54 Old 12-22-2009, 01:12 PM

I have had to re-pair mine a couple of times. I am definitely going back to the official PS3 blu-ray remote. That's $50 down the drain.

The Dissapointed, Impatient Fan
post #33 of 54 Old 01-01-2010, 06:07 PM

I have this too and I think it works pretty well. It learns keys well and work with my Mag 2160 pretty well to. It has plenty of keys to map many features. It did seem to timeout on the PS3 during a movie. I now press another device key, then when I want to pause or change something on the PS3, I press the ps3 button and the blue tooth radio resinks... not sure if it's necessary but when it di time out, I had to use the ps3 controller... For $50, I think it's a great deal!
post #34 of 54 Old 02-14-2010, 09:13 PM

Liked: 11
i just got this remote works well with 1 minor flaw. none of the bose audio codes work and when i try to learn the blu-link remote with the bose remote nothing happens. anyone have any helpful advice? i contacted the company support via email still waiting.

Love sports, movies, and games. Slowly some day I'll add a projector and screen. Until then, I'll build up my library.
post #35 of 54 Old 02-15-2010, 04:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpnaz480 View Post

i just got this remote works well with 1 minor flaw. none of the bose audio codes work and when i try to learn the blu-link remote with the bose remote nothing happens. anyone have any helpful advice? i contacted the company support via email still waiting.

I assume the Bose is in RF mode. If you have no IR input on the Bose then you won't be able to use this or any universal remote.

post #36 of 54 Old 02-15-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

I assume the Bose is in RF mode. If you have no IR input on the Bose then you won't be able to use this or any universal remote.

its the lifestyle series. any way to check or switch?

Love sports, movies, and games. Slowly some day I'll add a projector and screen. Until then, I'll build up my library.
post #37 of 54 Old 02-15-2010, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpnaz480 View Post

its the lifestyle series. any way to check or switch?

You could post the exact model number and/or look at the manual. Some units have a setting where you turn IR on or off.

post #38 of 54 Old 02-15-2010, 07:29 AM

i'll have to check when i get home. i believe its the 38 but no idea what the exact model number is. hopefully this is one of those that i can switch. thanks!

post #39 of 54 Old 03-29-2010, 06:28 PM

Anyone having any luck getting this to work with a Onkyo HT-3200 audio receiver. None of the listed "Audio" codes for Onkyo (4039, 4040, 4041, 4042, 4043, 4061, 4062, 4065, 4068, 4077) seem to work correctly. However, half of them will at least turn the power off on the receiver, but then not power it back up again (I have to use the remote that came with the receiver for that). I've read something on Amazon reviews about Onkyo receivers turning on but not off...

P.S. I don't expect to be able to use my HUMAX HFA- 100 digital TV tuner box with this remote, but I was just wondering if that was possible. The HUMAX code under the "Satellite" category doesn't seem to work.
post #40 of 54 Old 03-30-2010, 06:29 PM

Just to follow up on my own post, I was able to fix my problem with the Onkyo receiver by assigning two different buttons for On and Off with the Learning mode.

I have been having the "losing paring" problem with the PS3 as mentioned up-thread, however. The person on the support line seemed surprised that I had the new firmware and did NOT have the PS3 Slim. I'll update this thread if this continues...otherwise I like this controller a lot (except for the slight delay for PS3 functions and the weird "clicking" feel that is inferior to the Sony PS3 bluetooth controller).
post #41 of 54 Old 04-21-2010, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Any other PS3 Blu-Link remote users care to chime in?
post #42 of 54 Old 06-08-2010, 09:21 AM

Are the directional buttons on the remote programmable? I use the directional buttons on my TV remote to control the PIP size. I would really like a native bluetooth remote to replace my PS3, YSP-1, ReplayTV, and KD-34XBR960 remotes. I use many device specific buttons so I'm a little concerned if there is a global learning limit. I'm also concerned about the pairing issue that some have mentioned. Are there any other native bluetooth universal remotes?
post #43 of 54 Old 07-10-2010, 08:13 PM

Hi,

I purchased the Blu-Link remote back in January 2010 because it was the only really affordable remote I could find that would control a PS3. When I fired it up for the first time, it easily connected to the PS3 and I had functionality for all of my components (Panasonic Plasma TV, Pioneer Receiver, Time/Warner Cable Box, Unbranded Component Video Switch Box) programmed within an hour most of them only needed me to enter a manufacturing code that was provided in the Blu-Link's manual.

After about two months of use, I started to have a problem where the remote would be unresponsive after it was set down. When I pressed a button, nothing would happen for a few seconds then the blue light would flash and I would be able to control the PS3 again. As time passed, this problem began to get worse. Now, the remote will disconnect in mid-use. I'll be pressing the down arrow to scroll through a PS3 menu and the remote will just stop working. In a few seconds, the blue light will flash and it will reconnect, only to lose connection again a few seconds later. This will repeat until I'm frustrated enough to grab my PS3 controller off the shelf.

I contacted customer support to explain my problem and received a message a few days later suggesting only that I check the batteries (this is something I did immediately once the controlled began acting up even though the PS3 reported that the remotes batteries were fully charged). I responded to this message saying I had indeed changed the batteries and have yet to receive another response. I've been following up every couple of weeks to no avail.

I seem to remember the remote first acting up after I installed on of Sony's PS3 updates, so it's possible the problems with the remote were caused by this. But, whether the fault lies with Blu-Link or Sony, the result is still the same: I need to find a new universal remote.
post #44 of 54 Old 10-21-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killdozer0000 View Post

Hi,

I purchased the Blu-Link remote back in January 2010 because it was the only really affordable remote I could find that would control a PS3. When I fired it up for the first time, it easily connected to the PS3 and I had functionality for all of my components (Panasonic Plasma TV, Pioneer Receiver, Time/Warner Cable Box, Unbranded Component Video Switch Box) programmed within an hour most of them only needed me to enter a manufacturing code that was provided in the Blu-Link's manual.

After about two months of use, I started to have a problem where the remote would be unresponsive after it was set down. When I pressed a button, nothing would happen for a few seconds then the blue light would flash and I would be able to control the PS3 again. As time passed, this problem began to get worse. Now, the remote will disconnect in mid-use. I'll be pressing the down arrow to scroll through a PS3 menu and the remote will just stop working. In a few seconds, the blue light will flash and it will reconnect, only to lose connection again a few seconds later. This will repeat until I'm frustrated enough to grab my PS3 controller off the shelf.

I contacted customer support to explain my problem and received a message a few days later suggesting only that I check the batteries (this is something I did immediately once the controlled began acting up even though the PS3 reported that the remotes batteries were fully charged). I responded to this message saying I had indeed changed the batteries and have yet to receive another response. I've been following up every couple of weeks to no avail.

I seem to remember the remote first acting up after I installed on of Sony's PS3 updates, so it's possible the problems with the remote were caused by this. But, whether the fault lies with Blu-Link or Sony, the result is still the same: I need to find a new universal remote.

Seems like I will be reviving an old thread. My remote has started giving me the same issue as well. It will power on the PS3 just fine, but I have a threshold of about 5 seconds to press buttons. It will then "disconnect for about ten seconds before the blue light comes on and it reconnects.

- Barry
post #45 of 54 Old 12-20-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepstang View Post

Any other PS3 Blu-Link remote users care to chime in?

Got one as a gift in the past week. I set it up in about 5 minutes and am happy so far. Hopefully I don't develop the 5-10 seconds of inactivity on the PS3.

Happy so far. Even the misses is interesting in learning to use it instead of the two remotes and the PS3 controller.

After a couple days of use, it appears to not put out as much signal as other remotes. I see, the indicator saying I pressed the button, but it requires more of a direct shot at a component than the original remote.
post #46 of 54 Old 01-06-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfocussvt View Post

Seems like I will be reviving an old thread. My remote has started giving me the same issue as well. It will power on the PS3 just fine, but I have a threshold of about 5 seconds to press buttons. It will then "disconnect for about ten seconds before the blue light comes on and it reconnects.

UPDATE: SMK Link agreed to replace the remote under warranty. They told me I would be getting a refurbished remote, but I would need to send mine in first.

I explained that I had no other remote to control TV, BD, etc... while my remote arrived. They agreed to ship it out to me beforehand and I would ship mine back as soon as it arrived.

They surprised me and sent a brand new/sealed remote and it works flawlessly.

Thanks SMK!

- Barry
post #47 of 54 Old 01-28-2011, 07:42 PM

I am having an issue with this remote control Blu-Link Model VP3700. It seems to lose the Learning Codes I have programmed. It seems to last a few hours or days, and then all disappear to the point it's back to default for each device. Below I have marked in RED the Key Device that have the issue. It seems that the TV and CBL SAT device keys are able to keep their learning codes. But the rest do not after a few hours or days.

Here is a layout of what I programmed for each device key:
  • DEVICE KEY / DEVICE CODE / TOTAL OF LEARNING CODES
  • CBL SAT / #3091 / 3
  • DVR / #2185 / 13
  • TV / #1025 / 21
  • DVD-VCR / #2009 / 11
  • AUX / #2161 / 1
  • PS3 / DEFAULT / 0
  • Grand Total of learning codes: 49

This is the second remote I try. I had Amazon.com replace my previous Blu-Link remote, since it did that also. But now that I am with the second remote replacement, it has the same problem. I wanted to ask you if you could help me troubleshoot it. I've tried changing the batteries, but the issue is still present.

I sent the above email to Blu-Link's customer service on Jan 12, 2011 and they never replied

Also, I would have wished that it had the ability to learn more than 50 learning codes. Perhaps if I didn't had to teach the recording buttons and channel up and down on my DVDR units with Digital Tuners, would have been something I would had saved on learning codes.
post #48 of 54 Old 05-05-2011, 07:55 AM

Seems like I'm lucky. Haven't had any issues. It's not forgetting codes(had to program my on demand and DVR access commands). And I don't have any latency. I"m still using the original batteries that came with it, and I NEVER remember to switch off PS3 when watching a DVD/blu-ray movie on the PS3.
post #49 of 54 Old 02-21-2012, 01:13 PM

Hi, is it possible to pair this remote to my PC via Bluetooth? If so how?

Thanks and sorry for ressurecting this thread
post #50 of 54 Old 02-24-2012, 10:20 AM

I wish I could help you steve, but I have no clue.

What I really wanted to say was that my original batteries finally gave up the ghost two weeks ago. So mine is as light on batteries as any remote I've ever had, given it's usage. The PS3 was not responding, where as the TV was. That was my indication that the batteries were going.
post #51 of 54 Old 08-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
It's been a while since any one's replied on this thread but I'll give it a shot. I've had the SMK Blu-Link for over a year now and it works great for me. I've got my TV, PS3, Tivo, and Soundbar with one remote. I just bought a M3D550KD Vizio TV last night and the TV remote is Bluetooth and IR (Vizio Remote). I cannot figure out how to get my SMK Blu-Link to learn the Vizio Remotes Buttons. I've tried every trick I know. The Blu-Link will not learn the buttons. So far all I've been ablle to do is use the TV Code for the remote. It doesn't work as well as learning individual buttons though and I have to swap components just to turn the volume up or down. Help?
post #52 of 54 Old 08-08-2012, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 352
If you already have a lot of learns, you may simply be out of memory. So it won't accept any more. If you think that might be the case, try clearing some out and re-learning only the essential commands. There probably isn't enough memory to learn the whole qwerty keyboard on the vizio remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #53 of 54 Old 08-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
I cleared out a lot memory already. There's actually plenty available but the Blu-Link won't learn the Vizio Remote. I think I'm just gonna get a new Tivo Remote on Amazon and use the Blu-Link for my PS3 and Soundbar. Thanks though.
post #54 of 54 Old 07-23-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorfle View Post

Just to follow up on my own post, I was able to fix my problem with the Onkyo receiver by assigning two different buttons for On and Off with the Learning mode.

Could you please elaborate on how you solved this problem? I'm having the same issue. I tried all the codes, and about half of them turn the receiver off, but don't turn it back on.

Edit: Nevermind, I used Learning to manually program each button that I use.
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Ps3 Blu Link Universal Remote Control

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page