Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 702 Old 02-17-2011, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
I think you also have to install the standalone software for connectivity to work with that site.

Yes that was the problem. I got it installed at lunch and set up but have a few kinks to work out. I maybe back with more questions.

It stinks that as a newbe I have to choose between, I guess 3 choices of software to get the most out of my new Harmony 700. With the older non-supported versions being better than the new supported version that all documentation refers from Logitec refer a new owner to. Why should I pay $$$ now for less content than an early purchaser?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 702 Old 02-17-2011, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plex View Post

OK, just got the 700 to replace my 670 [will not reverse] can I just plug in the 700 to the 670 program and update the remote or do I need to start all over and enter all the equipment model#'s.

Quote:

Yes you can. It will bring over your devices and activities, but you'll have to redo any custom button mappings and sequences. A nice bonus is you keep all your devices, even if you have more than 6.

Did just that the other night but found the Skip function not working and the wife was pissed So, plugged the 700 into computer hoping to adjust function and the program made me start fresh, adding all inputs and model #'sWho's the goof that thought dark Grey print [model#'s] on a black background was a good idea?Anyway plugged it all in and TaDa!! all functions worked, now I have to get wife used to the 700's layout vs the 670's it replaced

Love the remote all actions react much faster I no longer have to hold the remote in the air to ensure straight line of sight contact to components, it even seems to work a slight bit better than my Harmony One.

Audyssey setup guide
post #393 of 702 Old 04-05-2011, 12:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Is there a way to add custom backgrounds to the Harmony 700 display??
post #394 of 702 Old 04-05-2011, 08:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post
Is there a way to add custom backgrounds to the Harmony 700 display??
Yes.

http://members.harmonyremote.com/Eas...r/UserHome.asp

then "My Remote Preferences", "Set A Background", "Set Custom", ...

You can probably do it in the stand-alone software too, but I don't have that handy at the moment. You definitely can't do it on MyHarmony.com.

If you find a cool one, please post it.
post #395 of 702 Old 04-16-2011, 05:55 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Yes.

(can't post URL due to noob limits)

then "My Remote Preferences", "Set A Background", "Set Custom", ...

You can probably do it in the stand-alone software too, but I don't have that handy at the moment. You definitely can't do it on MyHarmony.com.

If you find a cool one, please post it.

To start off; thanks for the link. I use that setup page exclusively now for my 700 and 600 Harmony remotes.

My primary remote is a Harmony 700. I love the thing, really. Not having to mess with any other remotes is fantastic and having used Dishnetwork remotes almost exclusively for years now, finding these has been an extremely welcome change as they fully support every device I own.

That said, I found this forum/thread after some google searches on how to change the background or theme on the 700. After some initial excitement, I quickly found out that even with the setup page (linked above), I couldn't change the background or theme. Is it just me having missed something, or have people actually managed to change their remote's background/theme? I ask because as much as I've tried, I can't get anything but "Unable to display content." when attempting to use a custom image and regardless of which theme is chosen, nothing changes.

It's really not a big deal, but it'd be kinda cool to have something besides the basic reddish-pink theme/background that shows on all of my activities currently. Honestly, it just seems kinda silly to have a "color LCD" for which there are no options but to add favorite channels that I have no interest in bothering with, so any help would be appreciated!
post #396 of 702 Old 05-15-2011, 04:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
guys just got a Logitech Harmony 700 and set up "watch movie" with bluray player + avr + projector. ( Optoma HD 65 ).

i had a query. when i used to operate the projector with its original remote and at time of switching it off .... i had to press power off once and then it would ask me to press power off again..

when i press the power off 2nd time it shows a 10 - 1 countdown and then the projector goes to standby mode.

the manual says...

" When you press the "Power" button second time, the system will show the timing countdown on the screen.

" The cooling fans continue to operate for about 10 seconds for cooling cycle. When the power led turns red the projector has entered stand by mode"

- But now with the 700 when i press "All off" the projector goes off and does not show the 10 - 1 countdown.

( but if i select projector device from the the 700 and select power off for the projector then it behaves the factory remote and does the press power button once and then 2nd time and then shoes the 10 - 1 countdown. )

so i'm wondering if the 10 - 1 countdown means something... ? is that the cooling period or is the cooling period after the countdown..?

and by press ""all off" from the Logitech harmony 700 am i skipping the cooling period for the projector...?

any help will be appreciated...

thanks

Thanks,

Rana

a few funny stories from my life ------->http://www.kirtirana.blogspot.com
post #397 of 702 Old 05-18-2011, 04:40 PM

just got the 700, wish it had a lot more mapping options.. Here is my issue:
On the "Watch TV" activity I have program to control my pvr and Sony bravia, sice I don't always use my sony reciever to listen to the tv all the time. When I do, I just used to be able to turn on the reciever and the bravia sync system would mute the tv speakers and select the appropriate input on the reciever.
To do this on the remote I have to select devices, go to the reciever, turn it on, then go back to activities. too many steps!
so the problem now is this.. how do I incorperate the reciver in the activity group without having it turn on when I power up? there is options for the power up sequence, and to leave it on all the time, but not leave it off all the time and just program a button to turn it on and off when I want?
thanks
post #398 of 702 Old 05-18-2011, 05:12 PM

nevermind... I used the "learn new command" option and recorded the button head to head from my reciever remote. It would be nice just to select it from the database, but you cant program it into your activity if the device is not part of it. and if your device is part of it.. it will always power on.
post #399 of 702 Old 05-18-2011, 08:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyounder View Post

nevermind... I used the "learn new command" option and recorded the button head to head from my reciever remote. It would be nice just to select it from the database, but you cant program it into your activity if the device is not part of it. and if your device is part of it.. it will always power on.

Not really. You have the option to leave the power alone.

And you should definitely turn off bravia sync or it will always mess up your activities.

You need 2 activities: Watch TV (no receiver) and Watch TV (receiver). Leave the receiver out of the first activity and duplicate what bravia sync was doing. You may have to use the manual activity setup to do this.
post #400 of 702 Old 05-19-2011, 04:41 PM

I had to upgrade my 550 because of malfunctioning volume buttons(could never really stand the tiny # buttons as well). I decided to go with the 700. Much better design. I had read on other posts that people had no problem with using it witht he next generation remot extender. Replaced my previous remote through the program. The remote controls everything, but my Scientific Atlanta 8300HD DVR box. It works if I point the remote directly at the box.

I've tried diffrent positions for the batteries, as well as changing the setting on the remote extender. Still nothing. Any other suggestions?
post #401 of 702 Old 06-17-2011, 01:09 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
just wanted to say that i have been using this remote for about 8 months and think it is great. i have it hooked up to our pj, avr, hd tuner, bd player. great all around device and makes life a lot easier.

i paid about 75 on amazon and it was well worth it. it took me a bit to get the commands lined up but now that it is set things are great.
post #402 of 702 Old 06-17-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjason View Post

just wanted to say that i have been using this remote for about 8 months and think it is great. i have it hooked up to our pj, avr, hd tuner, bd player. great all around device and makes life a lot easier.

i paid about 75 on amazon and it was well worth it. it took me a bit to get the commands lined up but now that it is set things are great.

Same here! I paid a bit more, but still well worth it, and would buy another one if something happened to this one. I used Logitech support to get some extra discrete commands for my receiver, and it took a few emails back and forth; they misunderstood what I wanted at first, but they eventually got it.

I've had great battery life-- I think I've had to charge it only 5 times so far in the 8 months I've had mine. But its nice to know I can use any AA batteries if I want if I didn't want to wait for it to charge.

Moderate daily use, and it still looks brand new. Changing things can take a few minutes waiting for the slowish software... but thankfully changes aren't needed very often, mostly only when adding/changing a piece of hardware, but every now and then you might realize you want a specific function on a certain activity.

Great remote overall!
post #403 of 702 Old 06-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Advanced Member

I got my 700 a month back. It came with Re-chargeable batteries. But it would constantly give me these messages...

1. Unable to charge batteries.
2. Cant find batteries.
3. Insert batteries.

And then after removing/reinserting batteries it would give me the same messages but luckily sometimes it would start Charging and then reach the Fully Charged state.

But even after Fully Charged it would only last a Day or 2 days max.

So i just bought regular Duracell batteries and it has been working perfectly on the same batteries for the last 1 month.

What does this mean ? Is the Re-Chargeable batteries bad or is the Remote itself bad ?

Regards,

Rana

Thanks,

Rana

post #404 of 702 Old 06-17-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post

What does this mean ? Is the Re-Chargeable batteries bad or is the Remote itself bad ?

Sounds like you just got a bad set of rechargables-- easy enough to test with another set. If new ones work, contacting Logitech they should send you another set. If new ones do not work, then you should contact them for a replacement remote... Unless you're happy with just using disposables.
post #405 of 702 Old 06-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:

Most of the system with rechargeable batteries have safeties for not overcharging the batteries. Search this thread for "reset" and there is a sequence to do it.
post #406 of 702 Old 06-18-2011, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I use rechargeables but hardly ever charge them in the remote. I typically have fully charged batteries waiting and swop the batteries out when the remote complains about low battery power. Much quicker than plugging in the remote and waiting for it to charge.
I think my remote came with Sanyo Eneloops, which is my rechargeable of choice anyway.
post #407 of 702 Old 06-18-2011, 07:36 PM

Hi, Have the Harmony 700, and trying to get viera cast to play when i push "listen to music." The set up is a cable running from digital audio out from the tv to the digital in for CD on my yamaha rx-v1800. Before the harmony, I'd hit CD on the avr remote, hit viera cast on the panny remote and then select pandora. Now, I am trying to figure out how to get it to come through. There is no selection criteria for the digital audio out from the TV and i've tried several configs with no luck. I can do "devices" select the tv and scroll to viera cast and either have the sound come out of the tv (which sounds bad) or the speakers, but have no volume control through the 700.

Any ideas?
post #408 of 702 Old 06-19-2011, 03:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

If you create your activity manually, you have the option to add any devices you like and set the appropriate volume control device. You can then add more control and add the other commands to the start of your activity for the viera cast command and the required delays. I've found that the delays required to get all the way to viera cast are simply too long to be practical, so I go to pandora manually.

It doesn't make any sense to me that you would have to select an output for your TV. I have never seen a TV where all outputs weren't active at once. If you are having problems, I'd look at the receiver input commands and not worry about the TV.
post #409 of 702 Old 06-19-2011, 06:45 PM

I have to output the sound from the TV to the AVR. If I just use the HDMI, then the sound only comes through the TV and not the home theater system. Now, I could be doing that wrong. Viera Cast comes up fine when I hit the command button. I may try to connect a second HDMI from the TV to another input on the AVR.

Quote:

If you create your activity manually, you have the option to add any devices you like and set the appropriate volume control device. You can then add more control and add the other commands to the start of your activity for the viera cast command and the required delays. I've found that the delays required to get all the way to viera cast are simply too long to be practical, so I go to pandora manually.

It doesn't make any sense to me that you would have to select an output for your TV. I have never seen a TV where all outputs weren't active at once. If you are having problems, I'd look at the receiver input commands and not worry about the TV.

post #410 of 702 Old 06-20-2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhos View Post

I have to output the sound from the TV to the AVR. If I just use the HDMI, then the sound only comes through the TV and not the home theater system. Now, I could be doing that wrong. Viera Cast comes up fine when I hit the command button. I may try to connect a second HDMI from the TV to another input on the AVR.

What mdavej said was that you should look at the Audio Input selection on the receiver, and make sure that the receiver's settings are correct. This is what you've mentioned above and should check: "digital audio out from the tv to the digital in for CD on my yamaha rx-v1800". Because the digital audio out from TV is always active, the audio source input selection on the receiver for this activity must have been the wrong one. So if you connect the TV digital audio out to the CD player input on the receiver, then check to make sure that in the activity, the Receiver's Input selection is set to CD player.

And the key point here is always set up an activity, and make sure that in the activity, the Input selections are commanded accordingly.
post #411 of 702 Old 06-20-2011, 01:02 PM

Let me clarify a bit, sorry. The sound comes through just fine on the receiver. The digital audio cable runs from the out on the TV to the in on the receiver. The inputs for the remote are correct. I can get Viera Cast to load and then I just manually select Pandora or Netflix or whatever. The problem is that the sound is not controlled by Harmony, but I have selected the receiver as controlling the volume. I have to use the receiver remote for volume control. I did a straight HDMI to HDMI, but then the sound was only from the TV's speakers, but could be controlled from the Harmony. Any suggestions? And thanks, I'm learning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi78 View Post

What mdavej said was that you should look at the Audio Input selection on the receiver, and make sure that the receiver's settings are correct. This is what you've mentioned above and should check: "digital audio out from the tv to the digital in for CD on my yamaha rx-v1800". Because the digital audio out from TV is always active, the audio source input selection on the receiver for this activity must have been the wrong one. So if you connect the TV digital audio out to the CD player input on the receiver, then check to make sure that in the activity, the Receiver's Input selection is set to CD player.

And the key point here is always set up an activity, and make sure that in the activity, the Input selections are commanded accordingly.

post #412 of 702 Old 06-20-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhos View Post

Let me clarify a bit, sorry. The sound comes through just fine on the receiver. The digital audio cable runs from the out on the TV to the in on the receiver. The inputs for the remote are correct. I can get Viera Cast to load and then I just manually select Pandora or Netflix or whatever. The problem is that the sound is not controlled by Harmony, but I have selected the receiver as controlling the volume. I have to use the receiver remote for volume control. I did a straight HDMI to HDMI, but then the sound was only from the TV's speakers, but could be controlled from the Harmony. Any suggestions? And thanks, I'm learning.

You're welcome! Did you double check the controls? In the Harmony setup program, bring up this activity settings , and select "Customize Buttons". The Volume Up, Down, and Mute should show which device is each volume control is for, they should show the receiver is the Device with these commands Up/Down/Mute. If not then select the receiver as the Device for these 3 commands.
post #413 of 702 Old 06-20-2011, 10:31 PM

Where is "customize buttons?" When I log into myharmony.com I don't see that option. Should I download the full s/w package?
post #414 of 702 Old 06-20-2011, 10:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Myharmony.com is pretty worthless. Yes, download the software. The good news is you'll be able to do just about anything, including customize buttons. The bad news is it doesn't look as pretty and you'll have to start from scratch.

If you don't want to go that far, just run the setup wizard again and answer the "which device controls volume" question correctly.
post #415 of 702 Old 06-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelman View Post
Sounds like you just got a bad set of rechargables-- easy enough to test with another set. If new ones work, contacting Logitech they should send you another set. If new ones do not work, then you should contact them for a replacement remote... Unless you're happy with just using disposables.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranle View Post
Most of the system with rechargeable batteries have safeties for not overcharging the batteries. Search this thread for "reset" and there is a sequence to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss View Post
I use rechargeables but hardly ever charge them in the remote. I typically have fully charged batteries waiting and swop the batteries out when the remote complains about low battery power. Much quicker than plugging in the remote and waiting for it to charge.
I think my remote came with Sanyo Eneloops, which is my rechargeable of choice anyway.
The batteries which came with the remote are called... eniTime. Description says... Ready for you anytime! GS YUASA Technology from Japan, Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery AA Low Self - Discharge. Do all 700 come with this brand of batteries ?

How do i reset the batteries/remote ? tried pretty hard last 24 hrs but cant find the procedure... just the words rest. Kindly help on this.

Regards,

Rana

Thanks,

Rana

post #416 of 702 Old 06-21-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
The batteries which came with the remote are called... eniTime. Description says... Ready for you anytime! GS YUASA Technology from Japan, Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery AA Low Self - Discharge. Do all 700 come with this brand of batteries ?

How do i reset the batteries/remote ? tried pretty hard last 24 hrs but cant find the procedure... just the words rest. Kindly help on this.
Reset info here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=298

Mine also came with the GS YUASA's, which are also very high quality batteries just like the Eneloops.
post #417 of 702 Old 06-26-2011, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi all, I will be purchasing the Harmony 700 on Monday, and have a couple of questions. First, I watch TV mainly with the surround off, but I do sometimes use it. Also I have my xbox, bd player hooked up to the receiver with their own HDMI ports, with the one HDMI cable going from the receiver to the TV. Will it be easy to set up the remote to control these configurations? This is my first foray into universal remotes. Samsung TV/BD player, xbox, Sony surround sound. Thanks.
post #418 of 702 Old 06-27-2011, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebloggs13 View Post

Hi all, I will be purchasing the Harmony 700 on Monday, and have a couple of questions. First, I watch TV mainly with the surround off, but I do sometimes use it. Also I have my xbox, bd player hooked up to the receiver with their own HDMI ports, with the one HDMI cable going from the receiver to the TV. Will it be easy to set up the remote to control these configurations? This is my first foray into universal remotes. Samsung TV/BD player, xbox, Sony surround sound. Thanks.

Depending on how technical you are, you may find it quite easy like I did... but just in case, plan on spending a couple of nights with it learning how it all works, tweaking settings, etc. Also, the Logitech software is frustratingly slow to get around in. Plus it takes a while to sync to the remote if you want to just try something.

Lots of info in this & other Harmony threads, so if you have any Q's you can probably find answers with a few searches. Otherwise just ask here & hopefully someone can help. Good luck & have fun with it! With a little effort you should be able to make it do exactly what you want. Love my 700!
post #419 of 702 Old 06-27-2011, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Just picked this up today, and have run into some set up problems. I have the tv set to play in 2 modes. With and without the surround sound. When I have it on without the surround sound, I have just the tv and sat receiver on, and the input on Component 2. This activity works great. The set up for tv with surround, the picture is through Component 2 and the sound is through my Sony surround sound input video 1 on the console, but the surround sound unit is hooked up to the tv via HDMI 1. When I turn on this activity, the set will turn on, as with the sat receiver and the surround sony, but it will just set the input to HDMI 1, and I will get only the sound and not the picture, as it doesn't set Component 2 for the video...? Any hints?
post #420 of 702 Old 06-27-2011, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Update...managed to fix the problem by customizing. Still trying to figure out how to set picture format though(being able to stretch the image depending on the feed from the sat).
Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page