Thanks,

Rana

a few funny stories from my life ------->http://www.kirtirana.blogspot.com
post #633 of 681 Old 02-07-2014, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi all, first time on this particular forum and I would like some help regarding my Harmony 700 Advanced remote using it with a Hecto 100 inch Laser projector...

I have three Activities and 6 devices so far on our Harmony 700 advance remote. Now I can switch between each of the three Activities and all devices work correctly back and forth But.... the Big but!.
If I turn my Hecto Laser Projector on for the first time after I have shut everything down (MAINS OFF) and turn it back on with another activity the Hecto fires up with all devices for that given Activity but the trouble is when the Hecto Laser projector changes its HDMI settings it alway stops one selection short..
Now If I shut the Hecto down with all its devices of that activity and turn it back on with the same activity all is fine but whilst everything is on and going well I decide to change to any other two of the other activities and It does not matter what activity I select when its time for the Hecto to change HDMI position it changes but like before It stops one short EVERY TIME.
Now once that happens that for that activity or the other activity that I'm one jump/step short I press HELP and it asks me the usual questions what device is on and what HDMI is selected and once I press NO that its not on the correct HDMI it then changes ONE STEP to the correct HDMI and I Press the correct button to tell the remote that it has fixed the problem.
This problem only happens when the system fires up for the first time upon[ firing up, once I realign the HDMI up one position I can change all activities back and forth many times with no problems.

See the Hecto when you first turn it on it take time (about 10 seconds) to fire up as It has to open the dust door and other before its ready for operation so what I have done is increased the POWER ON DELAY OPTION to 12 seconds (am I using the correct option to fix this) but it still has the problem. I have increased the POWER on Delay to 20 seconds and it still has the problem, I have increased it again to 25 seconds and nothing has changed so I have re-set it back to 12 seconds.
I know little about these Harmony 700 remotes but I know a lot more than what I knew two weeks ago and it seems that its missing the first command to start moving (HDMI) to its correct position (always stops one position short) as it has been programmed (Hecto is not in their database) to 1/ select the Hecto's input button 2/ move right ONLY as once the input button is selected the list comes up of all the 6 inputs for Left and right operation but again its set to move in a right direction only. Please note I'm only using the three inputs being HDMI's they are HDMI1 HDMI2 HDMI3. I'm not using any component, composite, PC inputs
Now outside the power on delay for the Hecto to get itself into position what else could be causing this problem only when first switching from the off position to on.
Thank you
post #634 of 681 Old 02-08-2014, 01:34 AM

Liked: 10
Hi. I agree It seemed as if the first input gets 'wasted' but you you have tested that,
so
(Providing the Hecto does not depend upon remembering the last input, which is another case)
perhaps the order of the list that you constructed in the software is 'out' by one?
but If you can't change that...
- you could try adding an 'input bump' command to the start of an activity just for starting up.
post #635 of 681 Old 02-08-2014, 03:47 PM

I have a strange feeling I might have to remove Input control from my Harmony and the reason is My list of all inputs changes and swaps around.
"example" one day the order is : HDMI 1, Composite, Component, RGB PC, HDMI 2, HDMI 3
The next day its: HDMI 1, HDMI 2, Composite, Component, RGB PC, HDMI 3
After two more days it is now: HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3, Composite, Component, RGB PC.

How in the hell do you program the Harmony remote when the inputs are doing this. Please note any input that is not in use in the Hecto laser projector "eg" a device that is NOT operating the input is greyed out but the greyed out input can be manually stopped on it, in other words like some other tv's it does not by pass jump over a non active input.

As a matter of interest the Hecto always starts on the input last used the last time it was in operation.

Input "bump" is that a repeat command to add another repeat.
post #636 of 681 Old 02-08-2014, 04:31 PM

By 'input bump', I meant whatever command/s the Hecto needed to go to the next input.

Thanks for explaining. Our Tv does the same but luckily Harmony supplied the discrete input commands from the database, as it usually does. If only they existed, and if only you could find them from some other source...

Otherwise, while it is understood that you would not (currently) know what Hecto's input would be at start up, perhaps you could de-commission the loop and choose a 'known input state'. Any would do, but the system would initially need to be 'synched' with that.

- then you might be able to add commands and delays to the start and to the finish of all activities for the Hecto to go from, and return to, the 'known input state'.

(if that is feasible, then Hecto would always start with the known input, but believe that Myharmony.com still does not allow inputs or power from the database to be added at the start and finish so, if using that, you would have to teach the inputs and label them differently)

It is a long shot, and Harmony usually requires CEC to be turned off, but as a possible alternative: if your devices will cooperate, and if it does not interfere with the Harmony's auto-power-controls, you could turn off the Harmony auto-input-control and set all devices to CEC-on, and see if it will select the inputs.
post #637 of 681 Old 02-09-2014, 02:04 AM

Thanks for the info.
Today I had another combination for all my inputs. This time the change was completely different than the other three but yet Activity 1 HDMI 1 (Hecto Movies) and activity 2 HDMI 2 Hecto FTA handles the HDMI positions ok but for Activity 3 HDMI 3(Hecto Satellite) its completely lost where it has to go. I've contacted Logitech about this problem and I had no reply mainly because I must be the first person in the World that has tried to use a Harmony Remote with a Hecto. As for the option CEC i'm not using it.
Yes I need delays after start up between the selection of the Input list to the selection or start of the moving of inputs to selecting the correct input. It seems to miss the first move and this is the reason why its one step short. Once the Hecto is off its fine on Activity 1 and 2 but spits the dummy if you change to activity 3 from either activity 1 or 2.
post #638 of 681 Old 02-09-2014, 02:28 AM

Thanks for coming back with that. Off the cuff: how about just adding a to your current setup, and just for the finish of activity 3, a bump input command?
post #639 of 681 Old 02-09-2014, 09:31 PM

I have come to the conclusion that its impossible to have any activity using more than two HDMI. I can have 5 activities using two HDMI but as soon as you use another activity using the third HDMI being HDMI 3 the Laser Projectors Inputs scatters in all directions and the Harmony remote since its driving blind has not got a clue where HDMI 3 is.
The problem is FULL STOP its a case that my inputs move around all over the screen. If I could only LG if your reading this LOCK HDMI 1, HDMI 2, and HDMI 3 next to each other like what they do with my LG 71SA1D (LcOS) rear projection TV and by this the Harmony remote would have a chance of stability.. I have deleted HDMI 3 from my Harmony now when I select Hecto Satellite All my Sony professional monitors come on, My HDMI switcher (separate box) selects its own HDMI input depending what Sat box I'm using and to connect all this to the main Hecto Projector I how have to MANUALLY select HDMI 3
post #640 of 681 Old 02-10-2014, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 284
I'm very surprised LG doesn't have discrete input codes. Have you checked remotecentral.com? LG often publishes their discrete codes as well. So check the manuals and other web resources too. If you find some and need help converting any codes to pronto hex for submission to Logitech support, post back.
post #641 of 681 Old 02-10-2014, 11:45 PM

Thanks mdavej for your info.

I have two other LG's in the house and they are easy to set up for the Harmony as they use discrete codes but not these Hecto's. I was actually surprised to see that Logitech as far as I know have never had someone ever try to mate a Harmony or Harmony 700 to a Hecto Laser projector. At least I had some success on another matter as I was after the service code to access the service menu for the Hecto (mission impossible) but I took a punt (Australian word for a guess) and made a new activity and added a LG 84 LM9600 UHD and once loaded into my activities I was able to chop rename so on and now have a successful service code to enter my service menu for the Hecto thanks to the 84 inch UHD. I suspected this as the Hecto and the 84inch UHD came out about the same time + they seem to be the odd ball of LG at the moment. The funny part about the Hecto service menu is it tell me that it has 4 HDMI's, well the service menu might but it only has 3 and that's it. The LG 84LM9600 has 4 HDMI's.
I won't be touching the Hecto in the service menu until warranty is over. I do have one slight concern and this seems to effect all Hecto's I've ever seen and that is Convergence issues The vertical RED is about 1.5mm above the line and green and blue are about the same below the line. Horizontal is slightly out. I have two 71 inch LCoS rear projection tv's and they were well known to suffer convergence issues but were easily fixed ONLY in the service menu and I hope the Hecto will be the same.
Anyhow I won't be doing any more on the Harmony until I can find out something concrete about these remotes and the way the Hecto selects and moves its inputs then selects the correct input.
post #642 of 681 Old 02-11-2014, 01:55 PM

Just a matter of interest to confirm the below regarding Harmony Remote Delays.

Power On Delay

When a device receives a power on command, it takes a certain amount of time to "warm up" the device and resume normal operation. For most devices this happens very quickly but for some devices, such as televisions and receivers it can take up to 3000 milliseconds (three seconds)

In simple terms just to understand the above paragraph Say my first Activity called "Hecto Movies" and in this activity I have three devices being the Hecto projector, an Oppo 103D and Onkyo sound amp. These three devices starting order are the Hecto first followed by the Oppo and last is the Onkyo amp. Now I have the Hecto Power on Delay set at 12 seconds, does this mean that once I press the Activity (to start) called "Hecto Movies" and the Hecto turns on does it mean that no other device will turn on before the 12 seconds are up? (I don't think so some how) there is something here I don't fully understand. May I ask someone to fully explain the sequence of the Power On Delay by giving me an example of how this Power on Delay would work with my Hecto set at 12 seconds and the Oppo set at 5 seconds and the Onkyo set at 5 seconds.
(Please note from off to fully on The Hecto takes 12 seconds to fully start up (dust door has to open "etc") if the Hecto was left on the same activity the same HDMI that its starting on..
If I start another Activity Say Hecto FTA (free to Air) The Hecto turns on 12 seconds but has to wait until it changes from HDMI 2 to HDMI 1 (about 5 jumps before it gets to HDMI 1) for the free to air PVR so the 12 seconds become 20 seconds before we have FTA pictures up and running.) In your opinion what would you set the Power on delay for the Hecto or is it a case I'm missing, or confused about something.
(ps If i set the Hecto power on delay to 25 or 30 seconds nothing much changes but if I set it to say "example 5 seconds" and I start on a new activity It will miss, incorrectly switch the HDMI.)
post #643 of 681 Old 03-07-2014, 07:40 AM

Hi,

I have a Harmony 700 and i have always used the local software to program it. I tried MyHarmony.com yesterday because i need sequences with Delays (which the local software doesnt seems to have) but i came up with a little problem in regard to using the MCE Keyboard profile.

In the Local software the i have the following profiles

Capture.JPG

MCE Keyboard offers all the keyboard keys like A-Z, Plus sign...etc and my IR receiver picks it up no problems

Capture1.JPG

In MyHarmony.com i have to use 3 profiles instead of 2

photo.JPG

From what i can tell MCE keyboard from the local software has now been broken down into 2 separate profiles in MyHarmony.com...MCE-Keyboard (Microsoft Media Player) and Microsoft Windows Media Center (Media center PC)

The MCE-Keyboard (Microsoft Media Player) contains all the keys of Microsoft Windows Media Center (Media center PC) + common keyboard keys.

When i set any of my keys using Microsoft Windows Media Center (Media center PC) or Media Center SE my IR picks up the key presses. Any key i program using the MCE-Keyboard (Microsoft Media Player) doesnt seem to register with my IR. The only explanation i can think of is that the codes for MCE-Keyboard (Microsoft Media Player) have changed compared to the local software conter-part. Is there anything to be done? Is this a problem with the Remote or the MyHarmony.com

My IR receiver that im using comes from this remote: Vista Remote

post #644 of 681 Old 03-07-2014, 11:59 PM

I would like to ask another question about delays on my harmony 700 advance.
I have 4 activities on my remote, one of them is Hecto Movies and in that activity I have 3 devices and one of them is my Oppo 103D which is only used for watching blu-ray movies Activity Hecto Movies and Activity Hecto PS4 and in Hecto PS4 my Oppo is used for my PS4 which is connected to the rear HDMI.
The problem I'm having in brief is when I switch Activities from Hecto FTA to Hecto PS4 (because the Oppo is OFF) or if I turn on the system for the first time on Activity Hecto PS4 but it was left on the last time I used it on Hecto FTA the Oppo misses changing to the rear HDMI only because it takes 18 seconds for the Oppo to boot up before it can accept another command.
Now I do not have this problem say If I watch a movie then after finishing watching a movie (Activity Hecto Movie) I switch activities to Hecto PS4 and the reason is the Oppo is already on as it switches from Oppo blu-ray to Oppo HDMI BACK in a second.
Now How do I add a delay for the Oppo (only for Activity Hecto Ps4) so I have at least 18 Seconds delay between the blu-ray part of the Oppo when its finally on to when it switches to the BACK HDMI where the PS4 is plugged into..

What type of delay or special delay would be needed to fix this problem.
Thanks

(PLEASE RE READ AS I MADE IT SLIGHTLY CONFUSING BEFORE)
post #645 of 681 Old 03-08-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitoh183 View Post

Hi,

I have a Harmony 700 and i have always used the local software to program it. I tried MyHarmony.com yesterday because i need sequences with Delays (which the local software doesnt seems to have) but i came up with a little problem in regard to using the MCE Keyboard profile.

Capture.JPG

MCE Keyboard offers all the keyboard keys like A-Z, Plus sign...etc and my IR receiver picks it up no problems

Capture1.JPG

photo.JPG

From what i can tell MCE keyboard from the local software has now been broken down into 2 separate profiles in MyHarmony.com...MCE-Keyboard (Microsoft Media Player) and Microsoft Windows Media Center (Media center PC)

The MCE-Keyboard (Microsoft Media Player) contains all the keys of Microsoft Windows Media Center (Media center PC) + common keyboard keys.

When i set any of my keys using Microsoft Windows Media Center (Media center PC) or Media Center SE my IR picks up the key presses. Any key i program using the MCE-Keyboard (Microsoft Media Player) doesnt seem to register with my IR. The only explanation i can think of is that the codes for MCE-Keyboard (Microsoft Media Player) have changed compared to the local software conter-part. Is there anything to be done? Is this a problem with the Remote or the MyHarmony.com

Fixed

post #646 of 681 Old 03-10-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post

I would like to ask another question about delays on my harmony 700 advance.
I have 4 activities on my remote, one of them is Hecto Movies and in that activity I have 3 devices and one of them is my Oppo 103D which is only used for watching blu-ray movies Activity Hecto Movies and Activity Hecto PS4 and in Hecto PS4 my Oppo is used for my PS4 which is connected to the rear HDMI.
The problem I'm having in brief is when I switch Activities from Hecto FTA to Hecto PS4 (because the Oppo is OFF) or if I turn on the system for the first time on Activity Hecto PS4 but it was left on the last time I used it on Hecto FTA the Oppo misses changing to the rear HDMI only because it takes 18 seconds for the Oppo to boot up before it can accept another command.
Now I do not have this problem say If I watch a movie then after finishing watching a movie (Activity Hecto Movie) I switch activities to Hecto PS4 and the reason is the Oppo is already on as it switches from Oppo blu-ray to Oppo HDMI BACK in a second.
Now How do I add a delay for the Oppo (only for Activity Hecto Ps4) so I have at least 18 Seconds delay between the blu-ray part of the Oppo when its finally on to when it switches to the BACK HDMI where the PS4 is plugged into..

What type of delay or special delay would be needed to fix this problem.
Thanks

(PLEASE RE READ AS I MADE IT SLIGHTLY CONFUSING BEFORE)

It seems nobody can answer this for me. I even emailed Harmony and I'm still waiting for a reply
post #647 of 681 Old 03-10-2014, 03:38 PM

Since the long delay is only needed when booting the Oppo, perhaps you could add the 18seconds to the start of an activity which is reserved just for that particular situation, followed by the next command which is required.
post #648 of 681 Old 03-11-2014, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I LOVE the 700 and am trying to find enough to last me a lifetime, as I HATE the touch screen alternatives. Anyone know how long Logitech will support their remotes since they sold the division? If we only had a local configuration tool rather then relying on their database!

Mike
Houston Comcast
post #649 of 681 Old 03-11-2014, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi,

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

photo.JPG

The 
MCE-Keyboard (Microsoft Media Player) contains all the keys of Microsoft Windows Media Center (Media center PC) + common keyboard keys.

What the heck is Media Center SE????

Mike
Houston Comcast
post #650 of 681 Old 03-11-2014, 11:46 AM

its a profile with the win+X keys and Alt+X keys..

Anyways i fixed the problem by creating a new account on Myharmony.com

post #651 of 681 Old 03-11-2014, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Thanks for the follow up. I realize it was frustrating to not get any responses, but your issue was a real head scratcher. I can usually figure out most Harmony and MCE issues, but had no solution to offer this time. Apparently nobody else did either. I would never have guessed that it would require a completely new account to fix.
post #652 of 681 Old 03-11-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Thanks for the follow up. I realize it was frustrating to not get any responses, but your issue was a real head scratcher. I can usually figure out most Harmony and MCE issues, but had no solution to offer this time. Apparently nobody else did either. I would never have guessed that it would require a completely new account to fix.

I got a response on the Logitech forum and it seems that using the same account i used for the local software might have corrupted something in the remote when it ran its update.

post #653 of 681 Old 03-11-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idicev View Post

Since the long delay is only needed when booting the Oppo, perhaps you could add the 18seconds to the start of an activity which is reserved just for that particular situation, followed by the next command which is required.

I added the 18 seconds to the Oppo's "POWER ON DELAY" in DEVICES and it fixed it but at the same time it tripped over other setting which caused failures "eg" the Hecto's HDMI switching got messed up and other. I don't think you can add this Power ON Delay on one activity being Hecto PS4 Am I correct in saying that as it has an option in there for the Oppo in this PS4 Activity called "Input set to HDMI in Back" as you can add a delay in there but It has a an asterisk ( did I spell it correctly) on the left hand side but noted down the bottom what it stand for as it says ==Default Sequence steps (editing and reordering is not possible)

What I want is very simple. I only need this for ONE activity only, I do not need it for the other three and that is when I select Activity Hecto PS4 I need 18 seconds delay after the Oppo starts up for the first second of operation before it can accept another command and that is to change to HDMI BACK.. I need a delay or 18 seconds from the second the Oppo fires up to the time it decides to switch to HDMI BACK. Again only on one activity being Hecto PS4
post #654 of 681 Old 03-11-2014, 05:01 PM

The same happened to me.
Quote:

I got a response on the Logitech forum and it seems that using the same account i used for the local software might have corrupted something in the remote when it ran its update.

The same happened to me.

I don't like the idea that they require to much personal information in joining their forum. If I cannot fix this problem I have I will just throw the Harmony remote into the bin and forget about it as I will use the existing remotes as now I have fixed the major problem I have and that was fixed with IR repeaters.
These Harmony remotes can be complex and if you cannot get help from Harmony themselves and others Well I won't be recommending anyone to buy them.
post #655 of 681 Old 03-12-2014, 05:29 AM

Quote:

I added the 18 seconds to the Oppo's "POWER ON DELAY" in DEVICES and it fixed it but at the same time it tripped over other setting which caused failures "eg" the Hecto's HDMI switching got messed up and other. I don't think you can add this Power ON Delay on one activity being Hecto PS4 Am I correct in saying that as it has an option in there for the Oppo in this PS4 Activity called "Input set to HDMI in Back" as you can add a delay in there but It has a an asterisk ( did I spell it correctly) on the left hand side but noted down the bottom what it stand for as it says ==Default Sequence steps (editing and reordering is not possible)

What I want is very simple. I only need this for ONE activity only, I do not need it for the other three and that is when I select Activity Hecto PS4 I need 18 seconds delay after the Oppo starts up for the first second of operation before it can accept another command and that is to change to HDMI BACK.. I need a delay or 18 seconds from the second the Oppo fires up to the time it decides to switch to HDMI BACK. Again only on one activity being Hecto PS4

It can also be done with v7.7.0.
and at Myharmony.com, it is very simple :-

1. Add an activity, so you can do 2. to issue whatever delays and commands you want:-
to the start (blue bar at the upper part of the customise activity screen),
or to the finish (Blue bar in lower part of the customise activity screen)

2. Activities> select the activity> customize this activity> 'add delay' (18secs') / activity startup commands'> add step (whatever you want)

n.b. In the dropdown list you get for the selectable commands in 2., at present I don't think myharmony shows any power or input commands
- therefore you need in advance to teach such commands to a soft button in the chosen device, and give them other names, so they will appear in the list.
post #656 of 681 Old 03-12-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmatheny View Post

I LOVE the 700 and am trying to find enough to last me a lifetime, as I HATE the touch screen alternatives. Anyone know how long Logitech will support their remotes since they sold the division? If we only had a local configuration tool rather then relying on their database!

The last published information I can find indicates that Logitech changed their mind and will NOT be selling the Harmony division.
post #657 of 681 Old 03-12-2014, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

That's good news, but why did they reduce their remotes to 3 "touch screens" that cost a fortune?? The 700 is the best bang for the buck remote in the world!

Mike
Houston Comcast
post #658 of 681 Old 03-12-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:

It can also be done with v7.7.0.
and at Myharmony.com, it is very simple :-

1. Add an activity, so you can do 2. to issue whatever delays and commands you want:-
to the start (blue bar at the upper part of the customise activity screen),
or to the finish (Blue bar in lower part of the customise activity screen)

2. Activities> select the activity> customize this activity> 'add delay' (18secs') / activity startup commands'> add step (whatever you want)

n.b. In the dropdown list you get for the selectable commands in 2., at present I don't think myharmony shows any power or input commands
- therefore you need in advance to teach such commands to a soft button in the chosen device, and give them other names, so they will appear in the list.

Thanks for the good info.
This might be a silly question but what is v7.7.0. Is this another way of communicating with the Harmony remotes via a program? or is this the version software that's in my computer now to adjust my remote. (ps if this is the case I tried to find version of software and I could not find it.)
post #659 of 681 Old 03-12-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:

When I added the 18 sec delay I didn't add a step and there is the reason why it didn't do anything. I will have to sit down, think and scratch my head on this one.
With the Hecto Projector Harmony.com did not have anything in their data base for Hecto. I had to manually teach my Remote.
post #660 of 681 Old 03-13-2014, 01:32 AM

Quote:

... what is v7.7.0. Is this another way of communicating with the Harmony remotes via a program?
or is this the version software that's in my computer now to adjust my remote.
(ps if this is the case I tried to find version of software and I could not find it.)
V7.7.0 is the stand alone software which can be downloaded and installed, it remains the means to save or restore the configurations to and from older Harmony models like 900, but cannot currently be used for 600, 650, 700 or One unless you had an account set up with it before the goalposts were moved.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page