Forum Jump: 

post #661 of 689 Old 03-13-2014, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by idicev View Post

1. Add an activity, so you can do 2. to issue whatever delays and commands you want:-
to the start (blue bar at the upper part of the customise activity screen),
or to the finish (Blue bar in lower part of the customise activity screen)

2. Activities> select the activity> customize this activity> 'add delay' (18secs') / activity startup commands'> add step (whatever you want)

n.b. In the dropdown list you get for the selectable commands in 2., at present I don't think myharmony shows any power or input commands
- therefore you need in advance to teach such commands to a soft button in the chosen device, and give them other names, so they will appear in the list.

In this drop down list like you say above I would have to add (whatever name I chose) a command so firstly I would go to the given device in DEVICES OPTION find myself in ADD OR FIX A DEVICE and because there are none in that list that you want in the first top option You would select the below option being ADD A MISSING COMMAND you would pick whatever name you want to call them both then select next and finish in that section but check first that both new commands are in that top list.
After the above you would got to the Activity you want and in my case its HECTO PS4, SELECT CUSTOMIZE THIS ACTIVITY where in blue Activity start up commands and Activity shutdown commands are, Select my device in that list that you want a delay and in my case its the Oppo where the ACTION on that list IS POWER ON and after that the new bit has to be added in. 1/ NOW may I ask which one of the below do you add first! 2/ Also I would have to teach the Harmony remote with the Oppo remote to select the correct input.

+ ADD STEP or ADD DELAY or can you put them in any order.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 689 Old 03-23-2014, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_macleod View Post

I've been using regular AA batteries in my 700 for over two years. The remote never charged right with the original batteries so I switched and never looked back.

Thanks for clarifying that. When I got the unit and charged it overnight the screen showed the battery as full. A day and a half later it showed battery low so I pulled them out and put in 2 regular AA batteries and it works fine but I was still a little concerned. Reading your experience made me more confident. No more charging!
post #663 of 689 Old 03-23-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed32 View Post

Thanks for clarifying that. When I got the unit and charged it overnight the screen showed the battery as full. A day and a half later it showed battery low so I pulled them out and put in 2 regular AA batteries and it works fine but I was still a little concerned. Reading your experience made me more confident. No more charging!

No problem using regular 1.5V batteries. I was concerned that the extra voltage might be a problem. How long (average) do you get out of them before they die with normal usage
post #664 of 689 Old 03-24-2014, 04:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post

No problem using regular 1.5V batteries. I was concerned that the extra voltage might be a problem. How long (average) do you get out of them before they die with normal usage

I'll post when they stop working, they're Amazons house brand which are 50 cents each.
post #665 of 689 Old 03-24-2014, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Is there any way to change the amount of time that the back light stays on when you lay it down?
post #666 of 689 Old 03-24-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by joed32 View Post

Is there any way to change the amount of time that the back light stays on when you lay it down?
Only using the old 7.7 software (glow time), not myharmony. This is a very popular request. Hopefully Logitech will eventually add it to myharmony.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #667 of 689 Old 03-24-2014, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Thank you!
post #668 of 689 Old 03-26-2014, 05:50 PM

My 700 is only new, I only use it twice a week and even with little use I only get 7 to 8 days before the battery is flat. they no doubt must consume a lot of battery power when not in use to die that quick.
post #669 of 689 Old 03-26-2014, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 135
I'm using the rechargeable batteries and the only complaint I have is the lack of a charge level indicator. It always seems to just die and catch me by surprise. They should have put a battery indicator on it like the 720.
joed32 likes this.

"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye." - 2001:ASO
post #670 of 689 Old 03-30-2014, 11:27 PM

Yes that would help. Nothing worse when you go to shut your system off and the battery for the Harmony is dead.Or better still you only charged it 4 days ago and you want to start your system up and the Harmony is dead
post #671 of 689 Old 03-30-2014, 11:38 PM

I'll post this here before I try another forum on this site.
Regarding If you have a Projector, a Plasma, a Rear Projection TV, a LCD TV does anyone have this problem that drives your Harmony remote and yourself MAD!
See My Hecto Laser Projector's input list jumps all over the place. The list is a Left , Right one but the inputs jump in any order but by the look at it any device connected to a input and is on that input is on the left hand side of the list and inputs that are either not in use or devices switched off are on the right hand side of the list. This is driving me mad as the Harmony remote does the correct jump but the correct input this time is in the wrong place.Does anyone with any other whatever display have this problem.
post #672 of 689 Old 03-31-2014, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post

Yes that would help. Nothing worse when you go to shut your system off and the battery for the Harmony is dead.Or better still you only charged it 4 days ago and you want to start your system up and the Harmony is dead

Just keep a couple of cheap AA batteries handy so you can pop them in and get by until you get charged.
post #673 of 689 Old 04-01-2014, 08:52 PM

I decided to smash my Harmony remote to a thousand pieces. Its useless on my system with moving inputs on the Hecto projector. I even tried removing all the inputs from all the activities and that worked perfectly as the Hecto was for the first time set to AUTO input search but guess what... Out of all my devices the Stupid Oppo was activating a message on the Hecto's screen asking do you want that input which would shut down the Auto input function. Any other blu-ray player or 20 other devices that I use or dug out of the cupboard would not cause a problem. I even switched HDMI inputs on the Hecto and the Oppo didn't care it bought that stupid message up on the screen of the Hecto.
I entered the Oppo's setting to see if I could stop this but it was to no avail. I have done some difficult projects in my life but this Harmony remote has taken years of my life with frustration. I'm now glade I got rid of a device that works blindly and does not work for all applications.
post #674 of 689 Old 04-02-2014, 06:56 PM

Well I always listen what the experts tell me but next time I will partly listen to them but at the same time I will use my gut instinct .
See Its well known (on the net, on Harmony.com) That whenever you use a Harmony Remote you must turn off your HDMI CEC function and in my case for LG its called "SIMPLINK" as simplink interferes with the Harmony Remote switching of HDMI inputs.

Now because my Hecto Laser Projector must the the only tv that has an input list that never ever stays in the same order (all my other tv's in the house the input list stays in the same order, THEY NEVER CHANGE ) its becomes impossible to use a Harmony remote as its a hit or miss scenario and the remote is doing the correct thing but like our Australian Politicians that have a habit of moving the goal posts while the game is in motion and for the Harmony remote the remote moved to what it thought was its correct position but the correct HDMI has moved to another location.
I tried just about everything and nothing fixed it 100%, I contacted Harmony.com and they helped me. it fixed two out of 3 HDMI switching's but at the end of the day the remote was useless.
So after desperation I came up with an idea that in my Activities for all the HDMI switching's I selected NO INPUT so in other words when you selected another activity the activity would change but it had no input to go to UNTIL!!! I selected in the Hecto menu the option called "AUTO INPUT SEARCH". Well that fixed it except for one unexplainable reason when I selected Activity Hecto Movies the Oppo would turn on but it immediately bought up a window saying "A New input has been found would you like to switch to it" and because of this the Auto input search would be disabled.

To improve it more I decided to add delays in SHUTTING OFF A DEVICE and by doing this it gave me less screen down time. The procedure was, I selected another activity, The first device turned on but the previous activitity first device was delayed to shut down until the new activity first device was fully booted up and the previous activity first device would shut down, the Hecto would see that and input was down and within a second it would find and connect to the newly selected activity.
This worked faultless on all activities back and forth but whenever I switched from Hecto FTA (A PVR Recorder) to Hecto Movies (Oppo 103D, Onkyo,) the oppo would for some reason bring this message on the screen telling you that another input is on and would you like to switch to it and by this message coming up it would stuff up the Auto input search function. HELP!!!! ( I tried delayed time on just about everything on the start up and shut down to fix this problem but with no success)
I disconnected the Oppo, I sat a Sony blu- ray player on HDMI connected it and manually selected the Sony at the correct sequence as what the Oppo was and it didn't bring any message up and allowed the Hecto to switch automatically to its correct input. I tried three other devices (old not used HDMI devices) and all worked Perfectly but as soon as I reconnected the Oppo it would bring the Horrible message up. I searched the Oppo's menu to see if there is something in there that I can shut down to stop it from bringing this message up but found nothing.
The wife said to me to give up and after hearing that I spat the dummy and turned the remote to pieces of plastic.
Three hours later with no working Harmony remote Myself, the wife, the son we all became a Harmony remote as we all had remotes in our hands (All the devices) and we switched away (correct timings) and as expected the problem was their. I even grabbed the Oppo remote, pre-turned on the correct Oppo HDMI and switched the Oppo on and that message still came on but this time!!!!! I decided to turn on the SIMPLINK setting on the Hecto and the message disappeared.
Yes I read everywhere on the net including Harmony.com DO NOT USE THE SIMPLINK function but at the same time in defense for the Harmony I wasn't using the Harmony HDMI switching but back on track as soon as I activated Simplink the three of us simulated the correct Harmony sequence the best we could with two stop watches and the Hecto auto input search switched the Oppo to its correct input everytime. We tested it about 5 more times at every angle from different activities and it worked correctly.
My poor Harmony remote.

Now what happens in the future if more TV's have this pain in the rear feature of all inputs doing what they want by moving into any position they Feel like. (just a short note, active inputs stay on the left hand side but even then they while active can still jump in any order they feel like on the left hand side).
post #675 of 689 Old 04-02-2014, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 352
That's what Simplink does. It automatically switches inputs, negating the need for a universal remote like Harmony. That's why HDMI CEC control exists. If you try to use both Simplink and Harmony, they will interfere with each other, ultimately sending things to the wrong inputs. So the advice to turn it off when using Harmony is perfectly valid. With Harmony now out of the picture and Simplink back on, it's not at all surprising that everything works fine. In your particular case Harmony never worked correctly in the first place. Perhaps that could have been fixed with a little more programming. We'll never know. I'd have help if I knew more about that projector. But I simply didn't have enough data to give you any useful advice.

I did enjoy your posts though. I'm glad you eventually solved your problem.

post #676 of 689 Old 04-03-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

That's what Simplink does. It automatically switches inputs, negating the need for a universal remote like Harmony. That's why HDMI CEC control exists. If you try to use both Simplink and Harmony, they will interfere with each other, ultimately sending things to the wrong inputs. So the advice to turn it off when using Harmony is perfectly valid. With Harmony now out of the picture and Simplink back on, it's not at all surprising that everything works fine. In your particular case Harmony never worked correctly in the first place. Perhaps that could have been fixed with a little more programming. We'll never know. I'd have help if I knew more about that projector. But I simply didn't have enough data to give you any useful advice.

I did enjoy your posts though. I'm glad you eventually solved your problem.
mdavej
Very. very confusing isn't it!! Please re-read my previous posts carefully . The Harmony remote does not land on the correct input none whats soever 90% of the time,,,, because the harmony remote drives blind. The Projector does not tell mr Harmony here I am and where you can land on me, the Projector moves its inputs in any order it wants and the remote lands on the wrong one needed. "Example HDMI 1 is next to HDMI 2 and Next to HDMI 3 so if I'm on HDMI 1 (one activity) and go to another activity that is needed on HDMI 2 that is one step or one jump but the trouble is the next time the order of HDMI's is HDMI 1 then HDMI 3 then HDMI 2 so if you go from one activity from HDMI 1 to the same activity above being 2 all it has to do is jump one spot but one spot this time is HDMI 3 that is in the middle between HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. Now don't forget this ******** mix the inputs all over the place includes all the AV 's+ the Component + RGB PC.
This morning I purchased another Harmony (this time the later Touch model) and this time like I had before when testing I will tell the Harmony Remote Activities that I do not want to switch inputs on any activity and I will let the Hecto do the switching with its auto function.
Before I purchased the new remote this morning I re- tested like yesterday that the procedure works correctly and it does 100%. The Only reason I have to turn on the Simplink option is to stop that message that comes on the screen asking me "would you like to select the new input" and when that message comes up it stuff up the Hecto's auto input search function. I have no choice because the Hecto is moving the goal post when the game is in session. Simplink does effect HDMI switching of the Harmony remote but remember i'm not using any HDMI switching.

The closest I can get the Hecto working with the Harmony correctly is ONLY between TWO inputs NOT 3 or 4 and this is done by having the new activityies first device (say blu-ray player) to switch on a second after the last device turns off (say PVR Recorder) on the previous activity and by doing this the HDMI list stays the same in a correct order.
The funny thing is Harmony.com has 225,000 devices on their database but not the Hecto Laser projector. Yes that's missing from their database. I find it strange that I'm the first person on this planet to have a Hecto and decided to marry it to a Harmony remote. Something is odd Here, who knows maybe others that have tried and failed to use a Harmony remote on the Hecto just gave up and Harmony remote deleted their no working account which they uses for other customers.
Fun time ahead
post #677 of 689 Old 04-04-2014, 09:03 AM

Liked: 10
blackman,

I can't say I have ready each and every one of your posts but I think I get the general gist of what your up against. Is there a way to send a command at the beginning of the activity to set the projector t a particular input, then knowing it is on that input, you could then create a sequence to move you to the desired input. I know that the answer to this is likely no as if you had the ability to set the projector to a particular input (i.e., direct input command) you could just use that method for switching the input to the correct one without having to send a series of next input commands to get you to the right one. You are not the first one with an issue like this and I know I've seen something similar over at the logitech harmony forum (can't remember the device). Sorry your having such a hard time of it.

Sony Bravia KDL32S3000 HDTV | Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K AVR | Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HDC HD Cable Box | Sony BDP-S390 BD | Harmony 700| Logitech Squeezbox Classic | Squeezebox Radio | Polk T15 (front - L/R) | Polk OWM 3 (rear) | DefTech ProCenter1000 (center) | Polk DSW Pro 400 Sub
post #678 of 689 Old 04-04-2014, 06:11 PM

Whats piss me off my friend bought a LG LM 84 inch 9600 UHD knows nothing about anything about electronics and he purchased the same remote from ebay and I set his one up and it worked A1 from day one Arrrrrrrggggggghhh!!!..
What I would like from Logitech/ Harmony to do one day is have a test option that on there site you can actually test the remote instead of killing your home theater with off's and on's. I'm thinking of making a device where I can say have 6 led's or more (for 6 or more devices) controlled by electronics where you program each module to accept the ir code of each remote/inputs you are using and after you set the Harmony you can test it on your test device by watching the LED's on what they are doing.
I cannot believe that I'm the only person in the World that has a Hecto and tried to configure a Harmony remote with it. I did have my Harmony 700 remote for nearly 8 weeks before I killed it by jumping on it and even the morning before I practiced a stomp on it Harmony's Database still said that THEY DO NOT HAVE A HECTO OF ANY MODEL IN THEIR DATABASE. Why? I tell you why, I've had mine with problems for 8 weeks but I suspect they know about this problem and won't add the Hecto to their database for others to use because of this.
post #679 of 689 Old 04-04-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurray716 View Post

blackman,

Is there a way to send a command at the beginning of the activity to set the projector t a particular input, then knowing it is on that input.

I wish I could do that. You know I even looked into the Service menu to see if I can get rid of no used inputs( in service menu select from 1 to 0 the component's, the RGB' PC, and the Av's and only leave the HDMI's active (0 off 1 on) and this can be done but what I would like to do if find and LOCK these three HDMI's in one position. I have two LG 71 SA1D's LCoS Rear projection tv's yes these big Tv's the input list is ROCK SOLID I wished the Hecto was like this.
I would hate to see that future tv's to have this roving input problem. Geee Harmony will have a problem because 99% of the public won't be digging in the service menu to fix this problem with Harmony remotes problems.
Since day one of this problem I've hoped I have missed something and to be tipped off by a member or Harmony Remotes themselves where or what i'm doing wrong but so far since I have posted this problem I have had nobody post back saying that they have a similar problem on there late model tv or they have a concrete fix for it.
post #680 of 689 Old 04-04-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurray716 View Post

blackman,

I can't say I have ready each and every one of your posts but I think I get the general gist of what your up against. Is there a way to send a command at the beginning of the activity to set the projector t a particular input, then knowing it is on that input, you could then create a sequence to move you to the desired input. .

Another thing I don't like even if I could boot up the Hecto and give it the correct input and the rest of the devices follow that is the amount of BLACK screen down time.
When I tested using my family as a Harmony remote (everyone had a remote of a device and operated it nearly spot on. I was the conductor of timing Heeeeee) I was able to switch Activities with only 2 to 3 second of black screen down time and this was achieved when switching activities by adding a delay long enough to allow the next activities device to fully boot up then the previous device shuts down (the added delay) and the Hecto's auto input search immediately switches inputs. This worked perfect with Simplink ON yes ON not off. ( Simplink effects HDMI switching as stated but I'm not using HDMI switching at all when I tested this sequence before I stomped on the 700. The only reason I stomped on the remote was because I spat the dummy because the Oppo would bring an input message up which I didn't want but after I killed the 700 I turned on Simplink and that message did not come up again but if I turned Simplink off again the Oppo would bring that message up again and because of this it stopped the Hecto's Auto input switching functioning the way I wanted it..
post #681 of 689 Old 04-09-2014, 03:36 PM

I have updated. I wasn't going to be out done by a piece of circuitry and plastic.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1526512/harmony-touch-and-the-things-i-had-to-do-to-get-it-to-work-with-a-hecto-projector
post #682 of 689 Old 08-31-2014, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I knocked my 700 onto a carpeted floor last night. The backup light won't come on and it isn't sending any signal. I tried plugging it into the charger several times. Once part of the screen lit up. Suggestions?
post #683 of 689 Old 08-31-2014, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsfield View Post
I knocked my 700 onto a carpeted floor last night. The backup light won't come on and it isn't sending any signal. I tried plugging it into the charger several times. Once part of the screen lit up. Suggestions?
Have you tried rebooting it with the Harmony program? Short of that, have you tried unplugging the battery for a minute then plugging it back in?

post #684 of 689 Old 09-01-2014, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks for your suggestions. I tried to figure out how to open the case to reset the the battery so I twisted the case back and forth and voila, it started working again. I must have jarred a connection loose when I knocked it onto the floor and reset it when I twisted the case.
post #685 of 689 Old 09-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Advanced Member

Glad it's working again! For future reference the battery compartment is on the bottom of the unit, opposite end from the charger contact points. Just push on the ridges toward the contact points and the battery compartment lid will slide off.

ETA: My apology: that's how the battery cover comes off my Harmony 720. For the 700, just slide the cover off the back/bottom to access the batteries.

Last edited by DocCasualty; 09-02-2014 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Error
post #686 of 689 Old 09-03-2014, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I have updated. I wasn't going to be out done by a piece of circuitry and plastic.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1526512/ha...ecto-projector
Hi Blackman,

I skimmed through your posts - so forgive me if this is incorrect

We updated the LG Hecto in our database as of (I believe) July 23rd. There are now discrete input commands available for this device. This is likely why things were working for your friend and not for you - he may have added the device after this update went live.

screenshot taken from my Ultimate account - the 700 should be identical.

Try deleting your Hecto from your account and adding it again - you'll get the latest & greatest, including the discrete input commands.

Hope this helps - and if it does, I'm sorry it arrives a little late, perhaps too late to alleviate all the frustration you experienced.

Regards,

Sylvain

post #687 of 689 Old 09-06-2014, 04:00 AM

Hi, this might be a stupid question but I don’t want to take any chances. I bought a Harmony 700 remote around 3 years ago and the batteries that came with it aren’t keeping a charge for very long anymore, so I’m going to replace them. My question is: if I take the old batteries out of the remote and replace them, will I lose all of the settings and have to reprogram the remote, or will the settings still be saved after the new batteries are put in?
post #688 of 689 Old 09-06-2014, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin820 View Post
Hi, this might be a stupid question but I don’t want to take any chances. I bought a Harmony 700 remote around 3 years ago and the batteries that came with it aren’t keeping a charge for very long anymore, so I’m going to replace them. My question is: if I take the old batteries out of the remote and replace them, will I lose all of the settings and have to reprogram the remote, or will the settings still be saved after the new batteries are put in?
No. , they'll be there.
post #689 of 689 Old 09-08-2014, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by joed32 View Post
No. , they'll be there.
Correct. Your remote's settings are safely stored on the cloud within your MyHarmony account, so if worst came to worst and you lost all the settings on your remote, connecting and syncing it back to your account would copy all your settings back to it.

Regards,

Sylvain

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page