Forum Jump: 

post #691 of 711 Old 09-29-2014, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankhj View Post
I am trying to add a step to an activity, but the 7.7.0 software that I have does not have a customize this activity option. It has Settings, Troubleshoot, & Customize Buttons.

If I use the myharmony.com it tells me to open the myharmony.com desktop software which is totally useless. It does not even have any options to customize buttons.

What am I missing here?
With v7.7.0 software it's a bit more long winded:-

In Activities, Settings (select:-) > review the settings...> 'Yes but I want to add more control...' > save> next>

[ then see the options at the bottom:- ]
'Add action for...'
or
'When you leave this activity: add action for...'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 711 Old 09-29-2014, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
I am trying to add a step to an activity, but the 7.7.0 software that I have does not have a customize this activity option. It has Settings, Troubleshoot, & Customize Buttons.

If I use the myharmony.com it tells me to open the myharmony.com desktop software which is totally useless. It does not even have any options to customize buttons.

What am I missing here?
In MyHarmony, to add a step to an Activity, simply select the Activity in question and click 'Customize Activity'.

The option to customize buttons is available by clicking on the 'Buttons' tab on the left side of your account.

Regards,

Sylvain

post #693 of 711 Old 09-29-2014, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
In MyHarmony, to add a step to an Activity, simply select the Activity in question and click 'Customize Activity'.

The option to customize buttons is available by clicking on the 'Buttons' tab on the left side of your account.

Regards,

Sylvain
I do not have any buttons on the left side of the account. I see some pictures of MyHarmony app on the Logitech site. My app does not look anything like it.
post #694 of 711 Old 09-29-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I do not have any buttons on the left side of the account. I see some pictures of MyHarmony app on the Logitech site. My app does not look anything like it.
The MyHarmony desktop app can be installed from setup.myharmony.com

However, it seems you set up your 700 using the Harmony Remote Software, in which case it's recommended to use that and follow idicev's instructions to customize your Activity.

While MyHarmony also supports the 700, it would require creating a new account and importing your Remote Software Settings in order to be used.

Last edited by HarmonySylvain; 09-29-2014 at 03:40 PM.
post #695 of 711 Old 09-29-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
The MyHarmony desktop app can be installed from setup.myharmony.com?

However, it seems you set up your 700 using the Harmony Remote Software, in which case it's recommended to use that and follow idicev's instructions to customize your Activity.

While MyHarmony also supports the 700, it would require creating a new account and importing your Remote Software Settings in order to be used.
Since you refuse to believe me I guess I have to include pictures.

Above is what MyHarmony screen looks like. Nowhere to do what is described above.

Picture above is what my Harmony Remote Software looks like. Again I cannot follow the instructions because the options listed are not available.

So what am I doing wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MyHarmony.PNG
Views:	483
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	285954   Click image for larger version

Name:	HarmonySW.PNG
Views:	489
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	285962  
post #696 of 711 Old 09-29-2014, 04:12 PM

Your MyHarmony account is still in setup and has not been synced yet.

Hit the sync button on the bottom right, and once synced, you will have access to all the post-setup settings.

Regards,

Sylvain

post #697 of 711 Old 09-29-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Your MyHarmony account is still in setup and has not been synced yet.

Hit the sync button on the bottom right, and once synced, you will have access to all the post-setup settings.

Regards,

Sylvain
I missed Idicev's reply to my post. Thank you, that is what I was looking for.

Sylvan, why in the world would you make anyone sync to the remote before you have anything meaningful set up? The reason I never completed the setup was because it was so Spartan.
post #698 of 711 Old 11-05-2014, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I bought another 700 to replace the one I bought in January, 2010. Some of the buttons on the old one quit working. I went into the Harmony software on my computer and updated the new remote in the hopes it would clone the old remote to the new remote. The new remote seems to be cloned except for some of the delays. When I turn my system on the remote appears to send a signal to my Emotiva UMC-1 right after turning it on. This interrupts the volume ramp up causing the ramp up to stop. Why didn't the delay copy? How do I add in an appropriate delay?
post #699 of 711 Old 11-19-2014, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I noticed on the Best Buy Black Friday ad that they will have the Harmony 700 on sale. I thought this version of the remote had been discontinued some time ago. Did Logitec bring this back? Any chance they'll bring back the Harmony One?
post #700 of 711 Old 11-19-2014, 02:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarnut View Post
I noticed on the Best Buy Black Friday ad that they will have the Harmony 700 on sale. I thought this version of the remote had been discontinued some time ago. Did Logitech bring this back? Any chance they'll bring back the Harmony One?
Interesting. Apparently they did bring it back. It's also back on Logitech's website and for sale there too. Ironically, it controls fewer devices than the cheaper 650, at least on paper, but that must be a typo on the Logitech site. I could have sworn it could control 8 devices, not 6.

Whether they bring back the One (highly doubtful) depends on how successful the Ultimate line is. From what I gather, it's doing well.
post #701 of 711 Old 11-19-2014, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Meritline has a refurb 700 for $60 using coupon code MLCF19YN http://www.meritline.com/logitech-ha...q_v=ab3d9efbbb

TiVo Elite, TiVo 4, Seven TiVo Minis, TiVo Stream, Roku 3, Two Amazon Fire Sticks, Google Chromecast, Cox Cable, Sonos
post #702 of 711 Old 11-21-2014, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Best Buy's Black Friday ad has them new for $59.99.
post #703 of 711 Old 12-01-2014, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Is there any way to rearrange the activities on the screen? I'm using the myharmony software.

FOR SALE: Denon X4000 BNIB | Klipsch RF-82 II BNIB | Klipsch RS-52 II BNIB | Klipsch SW-112 BNIB | Klipsch WA-2 BNIB | Jamo C607 used | Jamo C60 CEN used | Jamo SUB 650 used
post #704 of 711 Old 12-03-2014, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post
Is there any way to rearrange the activities on the screen? I'm using the myharmony software.
I believe you can do that with members.harmonyremote.com or the 7.7 software but not with my harmony.com. A comparison of the different features of each was posted earlier in this thread, I think.

EDIT: Here are the notes I copied for myself:

Quote:
There are 3 ways to program the remote:

- Myharmony.com (better graphical interface, more devices (8 vs. 6), less overall functionality)
- 7.7 standalone software (old software, more functionality, incompatible with myharmony)
- Members.harmonyremote.com (web version of 7.7 which shares same login and config with 7.7. Completely interchangeable with 7.7 at any time. Incompatible with mharmony)

Members site has some additional functionality over the 7.7 software like re-arranging activities and importing pronto hex codes. I use it 99% of the time except for actual downloads which tend to go faster on the 7.7 software.
Quote:
Besides sequences, the 7.7 software does the following that myharmony cannot:

- Unlimited number of activities, not just one per device
- Adjust backlight time to save battery life
- Adjust delays and repeats for devices that respond poorly or need more time after power up
- Add more functions to the start/end of each activity
- Change the order of activities
- Import one pronto hex code

Last edited by Manic_D; 12-03-2014 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Added notes
post #705 of 711 Old 12-03-2014, 09:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

It can only be done with the members site. And each attempt to rearrange has random outcomes so will take many tries. If you don't already have a login for the members site, it is impossible to create one as of a few years ago. Even if you could get on the members site, it would require setting up your remote again from scratch. If you set up from scratch on myharmony, then the activities will be in the order you created them. So the effort is the same either way.

Good luck
post #706 of 711 Old 12-03-2014, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic_D View Post
I believe you can do that with members.harmonyremote.com or the 7.7 software but not with my harmony.com. A comparison of the different features of each was posted earlier in this thread, I think.

EDIT: Here are the notes I copied for myself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
It can only be done with the members site. And each attempt to rearrange has random outcomes so will take many tries. If you don't already have a login for the members site, it is impossible to create one as of a few years ago. Even if you could get on the members site, it would require setting up your remote again from scratch. If you set up from scratch on myharmony, then the activities will be in the order you created them. So the effort is the same either way.

Good luck
Thanks guys. I'll try setting the activities up in the order I want them in myharmony.

FOR SALE: Denon X4000 BNIB | Klipsch RF-82 II BNIB | Klipsch RS-52 II BNIB | Klipsch SW-112 BNIB | Klipsch WA-2 BNIB | Jamo C607 used | Jamo C60 CEN used | Jamo SUB 650 used
post #707 of 711 Old 12-06-2014, 01:46 PM

just got a 700 at bestbuy, it was incorrectly marked as $60 (the 650 marked t $70--this is the opposite of how they're priced on bbuy's web site). They honored the price (I have an old 650 and wanted the new look of the 700--will get rid of the rechargeable batteries if they don't work out as well as the alkalines did in the 650).

I don't see a way to alter the order of the activities. I'm going to delete and recreate them and see if that works.

My 700 packaging has a 2014 date on it. I would guess that Logitech decided to continue with the Harmony line up. I also saw a really expensive $350 remote that looked interesting--tied into the phone, probably a smart way to go if it doesn't suck. but I like the traditional remote.

Their traditional line up is pretty good, and I'm OK paying $50-$75 bucks every few years (the remotes need replacing about that often and that's the price range I usually spend on).

Their web site sucks, as they have the 700 incorrectly listed as only supporting 6 devices (it says that it replaces 8 remotes if you click on the 700's page in the logitech site).

As always, they lack a middle ground. I would love to have a master list of devices, and upload several to each different remote. still, there's nothing like a harmony remote once it's all tuned up.
post #708 of 711 Old 12-06-2014, 05:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^
Thanks for the info. Good to see the 700 come back.

$60 was the BF price through this week, which was more than the 650, so it was correct.

No practical way to reorder activities than to build them in order.

IMO, the $38 Xsight Touch from Ebay is far better and cheaper than a 700 and works as you described - ability to easily load any device to any remote, backup/restore any number of configs locally, among many other things (18 devices, RF, multiple favorites lists, better graphics, recharging base, fully editable/reorderable activities, unlimited macro steps).

Last edited by mdavej; 12-06-2014 at 05:29 PM.
post #709 of 711 Old 12-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
^^^
Thanks for the info. Good to see the 700 come back.

$60 was the BF price through this week, which was more than the 650, so it was correct.

No practical way to reorder activities than to build them in order.

IMO, the $38 Xsight Touch from Ebay is far better and cheaper than a 700 and works as you described - ability to easily load any device to any remote, backup/restore any number of configs locally, among many other things (18 devices, RF, multiple favorites lists, better graphics, recharging base, fully editable/reorderable activities, unlimited macro steps).
I have the old Harmony 650 thats got a skinnier design. What are the advantages going from the old 650 to 700? If I got the 700 could I use my 650 setup that's saved and just apply it over?
post #710 of 711 Old 12-12-2014, 08:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Needs a new config. Only difference is 700 is rechargeable and plugs into the wall to charge without removing batteries.
post #711 of 711 Old Today, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I just picked up a 700 from best buy. I had a harmony one and the screen cracked and my boys said they don't know how. This 700 is replacing my ancient 520. I had my dad purchase a 650 6 months ago and he liked it so I figured the 700 was a good way to go because of cost. I also need to reorder activities but its not a huge deal since I don't have many activities.

Just curious if there is away to change the volume control. Recently my harmony 520 and now this 700 make my TV volume go up or down in 5-6 volume increments. Not sure why this has started happening.
Reply Remote Control Area