Universal MX-810 Programing Advice Needed Multi TV ON/OFF Control - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-06-2009, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need help programming the MX-810 to turn on and off a wall of TVs.

I had no problem creating an activity for "All On" and "All Off", where if aimed perfectly all TVs are powered on or off.

But my problems begin when some TVs are missed by the IR blast (which happens every time). When this happens I would like to be able to return to the activity page and press All ON or Off again to get the missed TVs but the remote will not allow me to. The only way I could perform an activity again is by pressing the opposite activity option and then pressing the wanted activity again (this doesn't help much haha).

I understand why in a normal home theater setup the remote would not allow you to press an activity twice because it could throw off the macros but does any one no how to remove this block?

I do know its possible because the remote had this capability before I reprogrammed it. I just can't figure out how to do it.

Im also having some issues with discreet on/off codes, but I just need to track them down. This wall has pretty much every TV manufacture, so it could take awhile.

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-06-2009, 06:19 AM

Sounds like you are in a retail store and are too lazy to go turn them on and off by hand like the rest of us did back when we were in your shoes.

Back to the remote, you can teach the macro to a button on the main page for powering off all the TV's.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-07-2009, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

ha yeah i guess you could call it lazy but then is everyone who uses a remote lazy by your definition.

back to the remote.

i have no issue creating the macros for all on or off. my problem is the remote wont let me repeat the same macro over again to turn on or off any missed tvs.
post #4 of 6 Old 10-07-2009, 05:43 AM

It will let you repeat it, but you just need to creat it on either the watch or listen main pages.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-07-2009, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Watch/listen is only on the 890 right? This is an 810 and has devices/activities. Would that be the reason it is not letting me repeat the on or off activity? This activity is on the main page though and used to repeat the macros before I reprogrammed it.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-07-2009, 06:11 PM

Whatever the main page is, if you were to put all of the P-Off commands on, say the +10 button, then you wouldn't have to go through the other macros to get to the off command.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page