Change remote/receiver frequency? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-03-2009, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I apologize for starting a new thread, but my searches didn't return any useful results.

I have two Yamaha receivers in my home. The first is an HTR-5650 and the second is from the RX line. I recently installed an IR repeater system in my home, so now both receivers are in the same line of sight.

The issue I'm facing is that both yamaha remotes control both receivers. Is there a way to change the frequency/channel on which the remotes communicate with the receivers? I've contacted Yamaha and will post their reply when/if I receive it.

If it's not possible to change the remote frequency, has anyone else had a similiar issue that they've worked around?

Thanks for your time...

I'm confused too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-03-2009, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is a distinct disadvantage of a repeater based system - when there is duplicate eequipment to control. Lack of addressing makes it impossible for you to distinquish the equipment. Yamaha does not have any way to do this. B&K and some other high ends do, but Yamaha receivers do not. Can you get a amp and use zone 2 for your other room's speakers? Or, get rid of the repeater system and buy a control system with an extender of processor where you can address the emitter ports. Feel free to send me an email for suggstions if you go that way.

Total Control Remotes
www.totalcontrolremotes.com
post #3 of 3 Old 11-03-2009, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thanks for the reply TotalControl. I'll have to look into the zone 2 option. buying another amplifier is not really in the budget right now. The second Amplifier is more of a luxury right now. If zone 2 isn't the way to go, I guess I'll have to live with a single source for a while.

Outside of the "we received your request" reply, I haven't received anything from Yamaha on the issue. In fairness, it hasn't passed their stated turnaround time.

I'm confused too.

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page