Programming my Comcast Remote to work with Dynex DX-L42-10A - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-05-2009, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have recently purchased a Dynex DX-L42-10A LCD and am having a bit of difficulty getting everything working on my Comcast remote that I want to. I have programmed the Comcast remote using code 10463 and it does the basic functions now (power, channel, volume control). However I really need:

1) a button on the Comcast remote to change the Zoom level. I understand how to program the buttons individually, but I need the right codes/protocols. I don't want to have to use 1 remote to change the zoom and another to do everything else.

2) a button on the Comcast remote to change the input (HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, etc...). The input can be a toggle and I don't need a button for each setting.

If anyone has anything to help I would appreciate it. I am struggling... Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-05-2009, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Go to THIS page and do a Device search on TV 0463, then click EFC's in the results. That will give you a bunch of advanced codes to try (as well as list the protocol and device/subdevice). I think you need 5 digit codes on the comcast, so prepend 00. For example, that search lists HD_ZOOM as 245. To test it, press and release setup followed by 00245. Worst case, you can try every code 00000-00255. But there's a small risk of running across some service code that resets your tv (or worse).
post #3 of 5 Old 11-05-2009, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Setup code 11463 is related to 10463. The codes work the same for digits, vol+/-, Ch+/-, etc. But 11463 has a larger number of keys defined (including some inputs), and sends different function codes for the arrow keys.

You can see which Extended Function Codes are different by using the tool mdavej cited.

Maybe 11463 is better. If you can find keys which do what you want, but it takes both setup codes to do everything, we can show you how to keymove EFCs from one setup code onto the other, effectively combining the best of the two setup codes.
post #4 of 5 Old 11-24-2009, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I tried 1463 on a Cox universal remote (they seem to use the same codes), and I did gain the ability to navigate the TV's menu with the directional buttons, which would simply cause the TV to exit from the menu with 0463. Input button still doesn't work.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-24-2009, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Using the Brand Search function in the Lookup Tool that Dave linked above, we can see that Dynex LCD TVs use a similar protocol to 1463. Instead of NEC2 protocol, the other setup codes use the NEC1 protocol. Usually the only difference between NEC1 and NEC2 is in repeating behavior while a key is held down. Neither the Comcast or Cox have these LCD setup codes built in.

For Input, 1463 provides EFC = 119. The LCD codes provide EFC = 248, and in one case EFC = 038. Use the method described above by Dave to test these two EFCs.

$20 at Best Buy for the RCA RCRP05B will get you a remote that has all of the NEC1/NEC2 device 134.5 codes that your Dynex likely needs. Even if it can't control input, you could use the learning function to learn just the Input key.
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page