Official Logitech Harmony 650/600 remote thread - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #391 of 1287 Old 08-15-2011, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
and for not laughing at me. lol. I will download the software again and look for the manual option. I don't recall seeing it but maybe i did not look in the right place.
you are correct the myharmony site does not give you the option but it did let me correctly setup the watch tv without using the recorder. It just never got the tv control right period though. It would never even power it on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 1287 Old 08-18-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

I can confirm that the harmony database does NOT have 30 second skip for moto boxes. You have a couple of options. Cable remotes like your old one are usually around $8 shipped on ebay. The $15 RCA RCRP05B at sears will also control your box and take the 994 code for skip. You can use one of those to teach the harmony or use in lieu of buying a harmony. Or find or create the pronto hex for that command and add it to your harmony via support. Google MakeHex in order to download the software for generating the codes.

Not sure about this. I just purchased a 650 and one of my devices is a Verizon FIOS Motorola QIP7232. I think I am in fact getting the 30 second skip option although the button used is not the one I expected. The Fast Forward and Skip buttons on the Harmony seem to do the trick.
post #393 of 1287 Old 08-18-2011, 03:56 PM

hey! kinda late, but from what i've read this hasnt quite been addressed....

Has anyone experienced problems with teaching the harmony a new button. for some reason the harmony 650 is not responding to my Vizio M470NV remote. for whatever reason the default setup on the harmony has the VIA menu pop-up when I press the standard MENU button. I am trying to re-teach the Harmony to show the standard Vizio MENU, however it is completely unresponsive when I try to use the teach wizard.

basically, the VIA on screen menu pops-up when both MENU or which ever VIA assigned button is selected...I cannot get the Harmony to pop-up the regular Vizio menu.

thanks guys
post #394 of 1287 Old 08-19-2011, 04:10 PM

I downloaded the software again and started from scratch and did everything i could manual and wow it set the remote up correctly the first time! Thanks for that tip!
the biggest problem i still have is that the volume button advances the sound rapidly in various amounts at the slightest touch. is there a way to make it go slower in increasing and decreasing the tv volume?
the other thing that really bugs me is it forces me to make the tv set the input. the tv remembers the input and i dont want it to change it back to the same setting everytime i turn it on if that makes sense. is there a way to make it just turn the tv on and not set an input?
thanks in advance!
post #395 of 1287 Old 08-19-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillj View Post

I downloaded the software again and started from scratch and did everything i could manual and wow it set the remote up correctly the first time! Thanks for that tip!
the biggest problem i still have is that the volume button advances the sound rapidly in various amounts at the slightest touch. is there a way to make it go slower in increasing and decreasing the tv volume?
the other thing that really bugs me is it forces me to make the tv set the input. the tv remembers the input and i dont want it to change it back to the same setting everytime i turn it on if that makes sense. is there a way to make it just turn the tv on and not set an input?
thanks in advance!

So as one of your activities are you saying you want to just turn the tv on and nothing else?
post #396 of 1287 Old 08-19-2011, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 370
neillj,

You can't solve either problem with myharmony.com, but you can with the stand-alone software. To fix the volume, follow the troubleshooting wizard and answer the questions. For the other problem, set up your tv activity manually. I think you have the option to not pick an input or pick a bogus one using method 2 (discrete inputs). Using method 2, it won't hurt to pick the same input every time. If you are using myharmony, you'll have to call support to fix both problems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #397 of 1287 Old 08-20-2011, 09:21 AM

OK, here's my problem. I've got a Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu Ray player. My Harmony 650 is setup to power on the player, the TV, the AV Receiver. I would like the Harmony to send the eject command to the Blu Ray Player, but here's the problem: The Panasonic takes nearly 30 seconds just to power up - that is it displays a "hello" message which stays on the display for nearly 30 seconds, then an HDMI message shows up, and finally you are able to hit the eject button on the player to open the drawer. I am using the Haromony 7.7 software and have gone in and added the "eject" command to the Panasonic sequence for "watch dvd". I even went in and added 3 10 second pause commands prior to the eject command in hopes that that would give the Panasonic time to power up and receive the eject command. Nothing I've done seems to be successful. Any thoughts out there from you experts?
post #398 of 1287 Old 08-20-2011, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

If the BD60 is like other panny players, it has a quick startup option in the setup which should solve your problem. I have also found that if I hit eject about 5 seconds into the startup it will indeed buffer the command and eventually eject several seconds later.

Having said that, are you sure you always want to eject? I would simply press eject when needed rather than do it automatically every time. If you want to resume a disc, eject would be undesirable. And even if you did get the delays to work, chances are pretty low that you'll always hold the remote still for 30 seconds in order for it to work. Generally if my macros need more than 10 seconds or so, then they'll never be reliable without using RF, so I find other solutions.

post #399 of 1287 Old 08-20-2011, 12:21 PM

Why would you want to automatically do eject at startup every time? It's only one more button to hit anyway.
post #400 of 1287 Old 08-21-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:

If the BD60 is like other panny players, it has a quick startup option in the setup which should solve your problem. I have also found that if I hit eject about 5 seconds into the startup it will indeed buffer the command and eventually eject several seconds later.

Having said that, are you sure you always want to eject? I would simply press eject when needed rather than do it automatically every time. If you want to resume a disc, eject would be undesirable. And even if you did get the delays to work, chances are pretty low that you'll always hold the remote still for 30 seconds in order for it to work. Generally if my macros need more than 10 seconds or so, then they'll never be reliable without using RF, so I find other solutions.

Actually, your reply sort of indicates what my problem was. I had programmed several 10 second delays in hopes of sending the eject command after the startup sequence had completed, but I was forgetting that I needed to allow the remote to remain pointed in the general direction until those delays were completed. Once I stopped turning away from the machine, it worked. However, now the command opens the tray, but it immediately closes again. Strange. But you are right, there isn't much effort saved by opening the tray automatically at startup. I suppose I was getting accustomed to the Harmony doing ALL the work for me, and said, "why not?" Think I'll move on. Thanks for your help.
post #401 of 1287 Old 08-21-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rta53 View Post

Why would you want to automatically do eject at startup every time? It's only one more button to hit anyway.

ONLY 1 more button! Are you joking? Why over a lifetime that would be an extra calorie to two I would save by not having to move my finger. LOL

OK, you've got a point. I just wanted to see if I could do it. Love the remote and I guess I was just trying to stretch its usefulness.

Moving on now.
post #402 of 1287 Old 08-21-2011, 01:13 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbshop View Post

ONLY 1 more button! Are you joking? Why over a lifetime that would be an extra calorie to two I would save by not having to move my finger. LOL

OK, you've got a point. I just wanted to see if I could do it. Love the remote and I guess I was just trying to stretch its usefulness.

Moving on now.

Keep on doing this, that's how we learn
post #403 of 1287 Old 08-22-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi78 View Post

Keep on doing this, that's how we learn

LOL... This is the exact thing my wife (SWMBO) say's is the big diff between men and women. Drive's 'em crazy !!!.
post #404 of 1287 Old 08-30-2011, 10:05 AM

Hello there, people in this forum always seem to know better than anyone's support so here I go and ask and hope to be given a solution :/

I have a samsung tv, onkyo receiver and an lg c-12awr. I have absolutely no problems with tv and receiver but the LG C-12AWR, does not contain any commands in logitech's database so I tried to teach it.

Problem is that when I use the a/c's remote to teach the harmony it has ONE power button - so I guess it's power toggle. However when I use the harmony it only turns the a/c OFF and at first three times (I fixed this using the reduce repeat troubleshoot). Same with temperature buttons - up turns it to 25 and low to 23 and it stays there. :/

So it seems like the a/c's remote seems to be on (with temperature readings) only when it 'looks' at the a/c. Is it possible that it sends different commands when it turns it on rather than when it's already turned on? I hope I get the problem across...

Last but not least, the website version allows you to change screen options for activities/devices - aka shortcuts in the screen, which I can't seem to find in the software version?

Waiting anxiously for suggestions!
post #405 of 1287 Old 09-07-2011, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Did you ever solve your issue with your Vizio TV?

I have a Vizio XVT373SV LED LCD TV and I would like the Harmony 600 to do two things for me that I haven't figured out how to do yet.

1. turn the tv speakers off when the avr is in play (there are two ways to do this with a manual approach, using the Vizio remote with Menu option and TV Settings to Sound to Turn Speakers On/Off or turn the volume down to zero with remote. I would like to automate this for certain "Activities").

2. Have the Harmony 600 emulate at least some of the Google TV/Logitech Revue functions (although that isn't a show stopper).

Devices:
Vizio TV XVT373SV
Philips DVD Model DVP3962
Motorola Cablebox DTA100
Yamaha AVR RX-V630
Google TV/Logictech Revue

anjenaire

"Conservation, it's worth the energy"
post #406 of 1287 Old 09-07-2011, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

1. Add the commands to the start and end of your activities for toggling your tv speakers. This can be done with the stand-alone software or with a phone call if you use myharmony.com.

2. I'm surprised a logitech product isn't fully supported already. But you might have better luck with raw learns, if it's possible to learn from the revue keyboard/remote.

post #407 of 1287 Old 09-17-2011, 05:11 AM
Advanced Member

Hi all,
I have a question...
I have two Surround setups..one in my bedroom and one in the living room.
4 pieces of equipment in bedroom and 3 pieces of equipment in the living room.
One Harmony One would cover the 7 pieces of equipment but would need to be moved from room to room.
While I am in the bedroom with the Harmony One and someone wanted to watch TV in the living room, they are back to the multiple of remotes to do so.

So, my option is to buy 1 Harmony One or 2 Harmony 650's and leave one at each location.

What do you all think is the best way to go?
I can't afford two Harmony One's.

Thanks,

Bud B
post #408 of 1287 Old 09-17-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud B View Post

Hi all,
I have a question...
I have two Surround setups..one in my bedroom and one in the living room.
4 pieces of equipment in bedroom and 3 pieces of equipment in the living room.
One Harmony One would cover the 7 pieces of equipment but would need to be moved from room to room.
While I am in the bedroom with the Harmony One and someone wanted to watch TV in the living room, they are back to the multiple of remotes to do so.

So, my option is to buy 1 Harmony One or 2 Harmony 650's and leave one at each location.

What do you all think is the best way to go?
I can't afford two Harmony One's.

Thanks,

Bud B

Bud,

You did not mention if you can afford 1 Harmony One and 1 Harmony 650? if you can then that's the better way to go. Because you can set up the Harmony One first with 7 devices. And then clone the account (ask Logitech support), and use the 2nd account to "upgrade" the remote to 650 so that all 7 devices will be transferred to the 650. With that, you can use both remotes where ever you want.

If you can't afford 1 H. One and 1 H. 650, then two H. 650's is fine. But each one can only be used where it is programmed for.
post #409 of 1287 Old 09-17-2011, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

... also are any of the 7 devices the same manufacturer? Are you counting things like Wii consoles? If so, you don't really need 7 devices. FWIW, if you program the 700 online it's actually 8 device and much cheaper than a One. You can also get an older harmony like the 550 for around $40 which is 12 device, and used the cloning trick mentioned above.

All that being said, using one remote in multiple rooms is a pain. I'd just get 2 600's or 2 older refurb harmonys for a lot less money.

post #410 of 1287 Old 09-17-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:

... also are any of the 7 devices the same manufacturer? Are you counting things like Wii consoles? If so, you don't really need 7 devices. FWIW, if you program the 700 online it's actually 8 device and much cheaper than a One. You can also get an older harmony like the 550 for around $40 which is 12 device, and used the cloning trick mentioned above.

I have a 550 that I really didn't use much so I bought a 650 which I like better except for the 5 device limit. So you're saying I can program my 550 with say 7 devices and then "clone" that setup to my 650?
post #411 of 1287 Old 09-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

Hi all,
Thanks for the replies!

Quote:

.. also are any of the 7 devices the same manufacturer?

My two TWC Cable Box DVR's are the same and I have two Pioneer Receivers, the VSX-1020 and the Elite VSX 53 but I am sure that there are differences between the two.

BB has the Harmony One and 650's on sale.
I can buy two 650's for less than one Harmony One and that is what got me thinking.

Of course I just missed the 50% off that expired last weekend, that would have been nice.

I'll go check them out today and see what I think.....
Thanks again for the thoughts..

Bud B
post #412 of 1287 Old 09-17-2011, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rta53 View Post

I have a 550 that I really didn't use much so I bought a 650 which I like better except for the 5 device limit. So you're saying I can program my 550 with say 7 devices and then "clone" that setup to my 650?

Yes, but with some caveats. It's a one shot deal. You can "upgrade" your remote from the cloned account and get all your devices from your old remote (I have 12 devices on my 6 device 700). But you'll never be able to remove and add back any new devices until you drop below the original limit. After doing that, you can never go above the original limit again. So no free lunch.

Quote:

My two TWC Cable Box DVR's are the same and I have two Pioneer Receivers, the VSX-1020 and the Elite VSX 53 but I am sure that there are differences between the two.

So you could possibly get by with just 5 devices by adding a few input commands for both pio's to one device, making a kind of super pioneer device. Most of the basic commands should be the same. But if you can get a good deal, I'd still go for 2 remotes. If budget is a big issue, 2 $15 JP1 remotes will do almost as much as harmony (more in some regards since they're faster and have no macro or device limits), but they lack an LCD and require a $30 programming cable, making your total cost $60.

post #413 of 1287 Old 09-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Vin
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

BB has the Harmony One and 650's on sale.
I can buy two 650's for less than one Harmony One and that is what got me thinking.

Bud B

Amazon's price on the 650 is also very good > http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harmo.../dp/B004OVECU0

Vin
post #414 of 1287 Old 09-17-2011, 01:55 PM

Just came back from Fry's. They have the ONE for $139 new!
post #415 of 1287 Old 09-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Most of you use the software or the my harmony website to program?

Sony KDL65W850A 65" LED HDTV 
Denon AVR-2113CI
Polk Monitor 65T (Fronts)
Polk Monitor 50's (Rears)
Polk CS2 (Center)
Acoustech PL-200
post #416 of 1287 Old 09-18-2011, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

I imagine most people use myharmony because that's what the instructions tell you to do. But if you want full functionality, you have to use the software. Since I have over 20 activities and almost as many sequences as well as many extra commands at the start and end of my activities, myharmony is useless to me.

post #417 of 1287 Old 09-19-2011, 02:46 AM

I've never even tried myharmony. Always use the software.
post #418 of 1287 Old 09-19-2011, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
always the software!
at least until they offer the same customization via myharmony.com
,r

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean View Post
Most of you use the software or the my harmony website to program?

follow icon updates, av & remote info on
and

post #419 of 1287 Old 09-19-2011, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i got one of the mfr refurbished harmony 600's from dailysteals on ebay for my mom and programmed it with her simple setup (tv, dvd, cable box). Works fine and now she can switch between modes no problem.

but the first set of duracell alkaline batteries burned through in 2 weeks, and she is not a heavy user. is this normal or is something wrong?
post #420 of 1287 Old 09-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member

Hi all,

Well I bought two Harmony 650's today and when I tried to set up the first one it went all wrong.
My Vizio and TWC Cable box might be OK but my Pioneer VSX 1020 would not function at all.
I had to manually add in the Power Toggle to just get it to turn On & Off.

I called Support and the guy tried to help me but said that he would need to escalate my problem to the higher up Software Experts!
Though my Pioneer 1020 should be in the database every function had to be manually learned.
So at this point it's not functional and see what tomorrow brings! AARRRGGgg!

UPDATE: I just removed all devices and activity and tried to load my 650 from myHarmony.com.
It got all the way to the end and said that it could not Sync up with my remote, dis-connect the USB, wait and then reconnect and over and over it said that it could not Sync.
That was probably what was happening with the Remote Software Setup 7.7.0 and even though it showed completion it really did not and thusly
when I went into IR Learn all of the items labeled database and should have been loaded, I had to do manually with my pioneer remote.
After escalating this and figuring why the Sync is failing hopefully my 650 will function correctly.

I can already tell that going through 20 screens to get to Surround Fields, and change inputs, etc could be a pain when it is already right there on the face of my Pioneer remote.
Unless I can change the order and put my most common tasks used forward in the pages.
Is the Harmony One easier for this.
Though I could put the 4 Sound-field buttons located at the bottom of my Pioneer remote to the 4 color bars on the 650.
How easy is it to do this...

Thanks..I guess that I have a big learning curve.
I am glad that I did not open my other 650, I may be returning it.

Was it so bad to have numerous remotes?

Later,

Bud B
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page