Official Logitech Harmony 650/600 remote thread - Page 44 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #1291 of 1317 Old 10-28-2014, 05:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does anyone know what happened to the software for the Harmony 650?? I read about so many different custom features and watched youtube videos on how to set this thing up, it seemed great. Fully customizable buttons, favorite channels, customizable lcd screen, customizable backlight, tilt control, etc. Now I got the remote and downloaded the software, and apparently the software has recently been crippled to offer only the most very basic functions and the ability to do any custom/advanced type functions has been completely disabled. I cant even find the part of the software that HarmonySylvain posted just last night, that allows backlight control! All I am able to do now are the most basic functions (turn tv on, control volume using sound system).
Apparently there is old version software 7.7 but that doesnt work for this model either for some reason and directs you to the website to get the new software.
I do not understand how and why Logitech could totally disable the majority of the functionality of this remote. Please somebody tell me they know a workaround or something!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1317 Old 10-28-2014, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by documentmqster View Post
Does anyone know what happened to the software for the Harmony 650?? I read about so many different custom features and watched youtube videos on how to set this thing up, it seemed great. Fully customizable buttons, favorite channels, customizable lcd screen, customizable backlight, tilt control, etc. Now I got the remote and downloaded the software, and apparently the software has recently been crippled to offer only the most very basic functions and the ability to do any custom/advanced type functions has been completely disabled. I cant even find the part of the software that HarmonySylvain posted just last night, that allows backlight control! All I am able to do now are the most basic functions (turn tv on, control volume using sound system).
Apparently there is old version software 7.7 but that doesnt work for this model either for some reason and directs you to the website to get the new software.
I do not understand how and why Logitech could totally disable the majority of the functionality of this remote. Please somebody tell me they know a workaround or something!
Have you completed setup for your 650? All the features you mention as available once setup is complete. Be sure to sync your remote as part of the new user setup process, and you'll be able to access what we call 'returning user' mode, where all these options are available.

Shoot me a PM if you're still having trouble.

post #1293 of 1317 Old 10-28-2014, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Transfer 650 to new Mac

I am transferring to a new Mac and need a little help.
I downloaded the Desktop Software (ver 7.8.1 for Mac).
It installed correctly and I can log in and make changes just fine.

But when I plug in the remote, the Mac does not recognize that I plugged it in. (Works fine on my old pc).
The troubleshooting in the software says it may be Java related.

I have the latest Java for Mac installed.
I am running Yosmite 10.10 on the Mac.

Any suggestions on how to get Mac to see the remote?
I tried 2 different usb cables and tried several usb ports on the Mac. Other devices plugged into the usb ports work fine.

Panasonic TC-P55ST50 Plasma 55"
Oppo BDP-83 Blu Ray
Toshiba A30 HD DVD
Onkyo TX-SR608 Reciever
Klipsch Ref RC500 Center (RC52)

Klipsch Ref RB600 Fronts (RB61)

Klipsch Ref RS400 Surrounds (RS42)
Klipsch Synergy SW10 Sub Woofer
SA Explorer 8300HD HD DVR
Harmony 650 Remote

Mac Mini/PS3/Wii

post #1294 of 1317 Old 10-28-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
Have you completed setup for your 650? All the features you mention as available once setup is complete. Be sure to sync your remote as part of the new user setup process, and you'll be able to access what we call 'returning user' mode, where all these options are available.

Your kidding...your saying that the first time I set up the remote, none of those options are available, but if I go into the program again after the initial sync, it will all be there?? I will try this when I get home from work. Is this specific to the downloaded program or to the website or does it work in both interfaces?
post #1295 of 1317 Old 10-28-2014, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Red face Problem solved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1967 View Post
I am transferring to a new Mac and need a little help.
I downloaded the Desktop Software (ver 7.8.1 for Mac).
It installed correctly and I can log in and make changes just fine.

But when I plug in the remote, the Mac does not recognize that I plugged it in. (Works fine on my old pc).
The troubleshooting in the software says it may be Java related.

I have the latest Java for Mac installed.
I am running Yosmite 10.10 on the Mac.

Any suggestions on how to get Mac to see the remote?
I tried 2 different usb cables and tried several usb ports on the Mac. Other devices plugged into the usb ports work fine.

Turns out I was not using the correct usb cable after all....I had grabbed the one from my 3D glasses. All is working fine. Lesson learned today.

Panasonic TC-P55ST50 Plasma 55"
Oppo BDP-83 Blu Ray
Toshiba A30 HD DVD
Onkyo TX-SR608 Reciever
Klipsch Ref RC500 Center (RC52)

Klipsch Ref RB600 Fronts (RB61)

Klipsch Ref RS400 Surrounds (RS42)
Klipsch Synergy SW10 Sub Woofer
SA Explorer 8300HD HD DVR
Harmony 650 Remote

Mac Mini/PS3/Wii

post #1296 of 1317 Old 10-28-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post

So I figured out the problem. For some reason when I initially synced it, it stopped at 99%, even though I could swear that it said the sync was complete. Even though it didnt get to 100%, all of the activities that I had set up initially worked fine.
I tried today using the software to finish the sync, and it again stopped at 99%. I decided to try using the MyHarmony website and I was able to sync to 100% through the website. After this sync, as you said, all of the options I was looking for then appeared. Thanks for the help!
post #1297 of 1317 Old 11-01-2014, 06:07 PM

Liked: 12
I stupidly clicked "Automatically launch Harmony Remote software when remote is connected to USB" for Harmony Remote Software 7.7.0, and it is now opening and interfering with MyHarmony sync on a different account. I can't find a box to uncheck which will stop this from happening.

Also, I set up a 700 a couple of years ago, and updated an 880 to a 650 last week on 7.7.0. Is there any provision for transferring settings from 7.7.0 to MyHarmony?

thanks in advance, Miles
post #1298 of 1317 Old 11-02-2014, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I would appreciate some help adjusting signal delays on my Harmony 650.

Briefly, I have an AVR outputting HDMI to my plasma TV, and a (1) HTPC, (2) DirecTV DVR, and (3) Blu Ray player connected to the AVR. So, pretty simply setup. I should never have to change the input on the TV - I just need the remote to power on the correct devices and then switch the AVR to the correct input.

It appears that I have successfully reduced the power on delays for my various devices. They all turn on within fractions of a second.

The annoying part is that it takes nearly 5 seconds for the AVR to switch inputs. I'm pretty sure this is a function of the Harmony, because I've tested my AVR using the original remote, and it accepts an input change signal within about 1 second of powering on.

I've already tried the "hold "help" down for 5 seconds" method to manually adjust the power on delay (1 second) and inter device delay (0 seconds). That doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any help would be appreciated!
post #1299 of 1317 Old 11-04-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snellcomp View Post
I stupidly clicked "Automatically launch Harmony Remote software when remote is connected to USB" for Harmony Remote Software 7.7.0, and it is now opening and interfering with MyHarmony sync on a different account. I can't find a box to uncheck which will stop this from happening.

Also, I set up a 700 a couple of years ago, and updated an 880 to a 650 last week on 7.7.0. Is there any provision for transferring settings from 7.7.0 to MyHarmony?

thanks in advance, Miles
On Windows, right click on the blue H of the Logitech Remote Software and select Preferences > AutoLaunch > Prompt me when I plug in the remote. On Macs, I'm assuming this is in the Menu somewhere on the top right or your screen

And yes - MyHarmony offers the ability to copy devices and Activities over from any existing account - this is done during setup of the new remote.

post #1300 of 1317 Old 11-05-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirak View Post
I would appreciate some help adjusting signal delays on my Harmony 650.

Briefly, I have an AVR outputting HDMI to my plasma TV, and a (1) HTPC, (2) DirecTV DVR, and (3) Blu Ray player connected to the AVR. So, pretty simply setup. I should never have to change the input on the TV - I just need the remote to power on the correct devices and then switch the AVR to the correct input.

It appears that I have successfully reduced the power on delays for my various devices. They all turn on within fractions of a second.

The annoying part is that it takes nearly 5 seconds for the AVR to switch inputs. I'm pretty sure this is a function of the Harmony, because I've tested my AVR using the original remote, and it accepts an input change signal within about 1 second of powering on.

I've already tried the "hold "help" down for 5 seconds" method to manually adjust the power on delay (1 second) and inter device delay (0 seconds). That doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any help would be appreciated!
What type of receiver is this, and what is its inter-device delay set to? This delay is accessed from your MyHarmony account in Devices > Select your device > Change device settings > Delay settings.

Try reducing that and see how things go.

Also,

post #1301 of 1317 Old 11-14-2014, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been using the 650 for a few years now and have been relatively happy with it.
I have a Yamaha RX-V673 receiver, Epson 8350 projector, and just recently set up a Mac Mini with the system.

So I reconfigured the 650 for the first time in a while and am having one issue.

Every time I switch activities, it shuts my projector down.
I found the feature under Change Device Settings > Power Settings > I want to keep this device on when switching activities
and enabled it for the projector and synced the remote.

But the problem persists. Projector shuts off every time.
Anyone else encounter this?
It wouldn't be a big deal it the display were a TV, but is with a projector.

Thanks for any help.
post #1302 of 1317 Old 11-15-2014, 03:27 PM

Hello,

I have a Harmony 650 and a Yamaha 675 receiver. The receiver can pass through HDMI to my tv without being powered on. Is it possible to send an input change to my receiver from my remote without first turning on the receiver? For example, I'd like to press the "watch tv" button on my remote, have my tv turn on, my cable box turn on, and send a signal to my receiver (that's off) to select HDMI 1. Possible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Duane
post #1303 of 1317 Old 11-15-2014, 03:28 PM

Hello,

I've done my best to find an answer, but haven't been able to locate one.

I have a Yamaha 675 receiver and a Harmony 650 remote. Is there a way I can send a signal to my Yamaha without powering it on? I ask b/c the 675 can pass signal to my tv without being powered on. For example, I'd like to be able to select "watch tv" on my harmony, have my cable box turn on, my tv turn on, and my receiver be set to HDMI 1, without my remote telling my receiver to turn on first.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Duane
post #1304 of 1317 Old 11-15-2014, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamosb78 View Post
I've been using the 650 for a few years now and have been relatively happy with it.
I have a Yamaha RX-V673 receiver, Epson 8350 projector, and just recently set up a Mac Mini with the system.

So I reconfigured the 650 for the first time in a while and am having one issue.

Every time I switch activities, it shuts my projector down.
I found the feature under Change Device Settings > Power Settings > I want to keep this device on when switching activities
and enabled it for the projector and synced the remote.

But the problem persists. Projector shuts off every time.
Anyone else encounter this?
It wouldn't be a big deal it the display were a TV, but is with a projector.

Thanks for any help.
I have Epson 8350 working on my Harmony 670 (a similar remote). We normally use the plasma TV, but sometimes we use the projector. I just setup an Activity called "Use Projector" (so Menu and Load Settings work there) and there are buttons assigned to the remote's little LCD that turn it off/on manually.

You could do that or just add the power button to each normal Activity (and just use the real remote for occasional Menu or whatever).

But ya, I know what you mean ... can't have the projector turning on/off. However, if it's a member of every Activity, not sure why it would. For instance ... my Plasma TV stays on no matter what activity is current (until we press All-Off for the night).

Also, I think there is a setting (in the Desktop software anyway) that makes devices stay on (even when not part of a current Activity) but that might be a global setting which would interfere with preferred operation of other components.

Living Room Home-Theater:
Epson 8350 1080p Projector (96") / Panasonic TH-46pz850u 46" 1080p Plasma TV
Onkyo TX-sr607 7.2 HDMI Audio/Video Amplifier/Receiver (630 watts)
Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-Ray Disc Player / Cisco 8742hdc DVR (TimeWarner)
Harmony 670 - Universal Remote / HTPC (XMBC/Win7-64) Media Server PC
Polk Audio Monitor Series II Speakers (Large 6.1 Matched Separates) / PSW505 12-Inch Sub
post #1305 of 1317 Old 11-15-2014, 06:11 PM

Found my answer for sending a signal to my Yamaha receiver while in standby, and it worked:
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Remote...gh/td-p/791085
post #1306 of 1317 Old 11-15-2014, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just bought a Harmony 650 and I am wondering if I can get it to control some settings on my Denon AVR-988 without "teaching" it with the original Denon remote, which I do not have. The Harmony already controls the basic functions, but could it, say, dim the display on the Denon?
post #1307 of 1317 Old 11-15-2014, 07:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Ask logitech support to add the "Dimmer" discrete command to your profile.
post #1308 of 1317 Old 11-15-2014, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakean View Post
I just bought a Harmony 650 and I am wondering if I can get it to control some settings on my Denon AVR-988 without "teaching" it with the original Denon remote, which I do not have. The Harmony already controls the basic functions, but could it, say, dim the display on the Denon?

Did you switch from Activities view to Components ? For the Denon, scroll through pages of controls on remote's display.

Living Room Home-Theater:
Epson 8350 1080p Projector (96") / Panasonic TH-46pz850u 46" 1080p Plasma TV
Onkyo TX-sr607 7.2 HDMI Audio/Video Amplifier/Receiver (630 watts)
Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-Ray Disc Player / Cisco 8742hdc DVR (TimeWarner)
Harmony 670 - Universal Remote / HTPC (XMBC/Win7-64) Media Server PC
Polk Audio Monitor Series II Speakers (Large 6.1 Matched Separates) / PSW505 12-Inch Sub
post #1309 of 1317 Old 11-17-2014, 02:10 AM

Maybe you guys can help me with this. I recently purchased the Harmony 350 remote. I have a Panasonic AR100U projector, a rotel receiver, and an oppo 103 Blu-ray player I set the remote up for. I want to program the Watch TV button on top of the remote to simply power on the projector so that I can keep the active device on the Oppo blu-ray player since that is my main device. When I try to add an activity in the Harmony program to set up the Watch TV Button, I get an error saying "You need to have at least one display device (a TV, for example ) to create a Watch TV Activity." I don't understand this since the Panasonic projector is a display device. I can't get around this no matter what I do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I tried to find the official Harmony 350 page but could not locate one.
post #1310 of 1317 Old 11-17-2014, 02:16 AM

I just got my Harmony 650 a couple of days ago and have only now gotten around to setting it up.

I am trying to setup activities and am having difficulty. Right now, I have all of my devices (xbox 360, roku, and htpc) runnning through my receiver to a 27" computer monitor. My procedure right now if I want to watch a dvd is to turn on the xbox, and to switch the input on the receiver to hdmi1 it then outputs to my monitor which comes on when it detects the signal. When I try setting up activities in the MyHarmony app, it says that I can't setup "watch dvd" because I don't have a display device setup. Is there some sort of way to over ride this? An "I know what I'm doing" button, that I haven't seen perhaps?

Also the MyHarmony software is really cheesy, is there another app for these remotes? I don't see anything referenced on Logitech's website.
post #1311 of 1317 Old 11-17-2014, 02:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by lego1 View Post
Maybe you guys can help me with this. I recently purchased the Harmony 350 remote. I have a Panasonic AR100U projector, a rotel receiver, and an oppo 103 Blu-ray player I set the remote up for. I want to program the Watch TV button on top of the remote to simply power on the projector so that I can keep the active device on the Oppo blu-ray player since that is my main device. When I try to add an activity in the Harmony program to set up the Watch TV Button, I get an error saying "You need to have at least one display device (a TV, for example ) to create a Watch TV Activity." I don't understand this since the Panasonic projector is a display device. I can't get around this no matter what I do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I tried to find the official Harmony 350 page but could not locate one.
So invent a tv you don't have plus the projector?

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #1312 of 1317 Old 11-17-2014, 06:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnogenic View Post
I just got my Harmony 650 a couple of days ago and have only now gotten around to setting it up.

I am trying to setup activities and am having difficulty. Right now, I have all of my devices (xbox 360, roku, and htpc) runnning through my receiver to a 27" computer monitor. My procedure right now if I want to watch a dvd is to turn on the xbox, and to switch the input on the receiver to hdmi1 it then outputs to my monitor which comes on when it detects the signal. When I try setting up activities in the MyHarmony app, it says that I can't setup "watch dvd" because I don't have a display device setup. Is there some sort of way to over ride this? An "I know what I'm doing" button, that I haven't seen perhaps?

Also the MyHarmony software is really cheesy, is there another app for these remotes? I don't see anything referenced on Logitech's website.
Just add (any random) TV model. The remote will send out commands to a TV that is not there and it will work.

post #1313 of 1317 Old 11-17-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick Murphy View Post
Just add (any random) TV model. The remote will send out commands to a TV that is not there and it will work.
I added a dummy tv to my remote, and everything appears to be working perfectly! Thank you for the suggestion.
post #1314 of 1317 Old 11-18-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Ask logitech support to add the "Dimmer" discrete command to your profile.
I didn't realize they offered such a personalized service. I'll give it a shot. Thanks...
post #1315 of 1317 Old 11-18-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla1856 View Post
Did you switch from Activities view to Components ? For the Denon, scroll through pages of controls on remote's display.
Hi. Yes, I did scroll through the available commands on the display. Unfortunately, that one wasn't included. I realize it's a rather minor command, but the option would be nice. Thanks for the input.
post #1316 of 1317 Old 11-18-2014, 07:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakean View Post
I didn't realize they offered such a personalized service. I'll give it a shot. Thanks...
They will if you're still under warranty. Other ways are to learn it from your Denon remote (if the command exists) or learn it from a cable TV remote, many of which can easily be programmed to send any command for any device. If you want to try that, I can post details.
post #1317 of 1317 Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM

Thanks for the help! It works!
Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page