Official Logitech Harmony 650/600 remote thread - Page 44 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #1291 of 1296 Old 10-28-2014, 04:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does anyone know what happened to the software for the Harmony 650?? I read about so many different custom features and watched youtube videos on how to set this thing up, it seemed great. Fully customizable buttons, favorite channels, customizable lcd screen, customizable backlight, tilt control, etc. Now I got the remote and downloaded the software, and apparently the software has recently been crippled to offer only the most very basic functions and the ability to do any custom/advanced type functions has been completely disabled. I cant even find the part of the software that HarmonySylvain posted just last night, that allows backlight control! All I am able to do now are the most basic functions (turn tv on, control volume using sound system).
Apparently there is old version software 7.7 but that doesnt work for this model either for some reason and directs you to the website to get the new software.
I do not understand how and why Logitech could totally disable the majority of the functionality of this remote. Please somebody tell me they know a workaround or something!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1296 Old 10-28-2014, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by documentmqster View Post
Does anyone know what happened to the software for the Harmony 650?? I read about so many different custom features and watched youtube videos on how to set this thing up, it seemed great. Fully customizable buttons, favorite channels, customizable lcd screen, customizable backlight, tilt control, etc. Now I got the remote and downloaded the software, and apparently the software has recently been crippled to offer only the most very basic functions and the ability to do any custom/advanced type functions has been completely disabled. I cant even find the part of the software that HarmonySylvain posted just last night, that allows backlight control! All I am able to do now are the most basic functions (turn tv on, control volume using sound system).
Apparently there is old version software 7.7 but that doesnt work for this model either for some reason and directs you to the website to get the new software.
I do not understand how and why Logitech could totally disable the majority of the functionality of this remote. Please somebody tell me they know a workaround or something!
Have you completed setup for your 650? All the features you mention as available once setup is complete. Be sure to sync your remote as part of the new user setup process, and you'll be able to access what we call 'returning user' mode, where all these options are available.

Shoot me a PM if you're still having trouble.

post #1293 of 1296 Old 10-28-2014, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Transfer 650 to new Mac

I am transferring to a new Mac and need a little help.
I downloaded the Desktop Software (ver 7.8.1 for Mac).
It installed correctly and I can log in and make changes just fine.

But when I plug in the remote, the Mac does not recognize that I plugged it in. (Works fine on my old pc).
The troubleshooting in the software says it may be Java related.

I have the latest Java for Mac installed.
I am running Yosmite 10.10 on the Mac.

Any suggestions on how to get Mac to see the remote?
I tried 2 different usb cables and tried several usb ports on the Mac. Other devices plugged into the usb ports work fine.

Panasonic TC-P55ST50 Plasma 55"
Oppo BDP-83 Blu Ray
Toshiba A30 HD DVD
Onkyo TX-SR608 Reciever
Klipsch Ref RC500 Center (RC52)

Klipsch Ref RB600 Fronts (RB61)

Klipsch Ref RS400 Surrounds (RS42)
Klipsch Synergy SW10 Sub Woofer
SA Explorer 8300HD HD DVR
Harmony 650 Remote

Mac Mini/PS3/Wii

post #1294 of 1296 Old 10-28-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
Have you completed setup for your 650? All the features you mention as available once setup is complete. Be sure to sync your remote as part of the new user setup process, and you'll be able to access what we call 'returning user' mode, where all these options are available.

Your kidding...your saying that the first time I set up the remote, none of those options are available, but if I go into the program again after the initial sync, it will all be there?? I will try this when I get home from work. Is this specific to the downloaded program or to the website or does it work in both interfaces?
post #1295 of 1296 Old 10-28-2014, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Red face Problem solved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1967 View Post
I am transferring to a new Mac and need a little help.
I downloaded the Desktop Software (ver 7.8.1 for Mac).
It installed correctly and I can log in and make changes just fine.

But when I plug in the remote, the Mac does not recognize that I plugged it in. (Works fine on my old pc).
The troubleshooting in the software says it may be Java related.

I have the latest Java for Mac installed.
I am running Yosmite 10.10 on the Mac.

Any suggestions on how to get Mac to see the remote?
I tried 2 different usb cables and tried several usb ports on the Mac. Other devices plugged into the usb ports work fine.

Turns out I was not using the correct usb cable after all....I had grabbed the one from my 3D glasses. All is working fine. Lesson learned today.

Panasonic TC-P55ST50 Plasma 55"
Oppo BDP-83 Blu Ray
Toshiba A30 HD DVD
Onkyo TX-SR608 Reciever
Klipsch Ref RC500 Center (RC52)

Klipsch Ref RB600 Fronts (RB61)

Klipsch Ref RS400 Surrounds (RS42)
Klipsch Synergy SW10 Sub Woofer
SA Explorer 8300HD HD DVR
Harmony 650 Remote

Mac Mini/PS3/Wii

post #1296 of 1296 Old 10-28-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post

So I figured out the problem. For some reason when I initially synced it, it stopped at 99%, even though I could swear that it said the sync was complete. Even though it didnt get to 100%, all of the activities that I had set up initially worked fine.
I tried today using the software to finish the sync, and it again stopped at 99%. I decided to try using the MyHarmony website and I was able to sync to 100% through the website. After this sync, as you said, all of the options I was looking for then appeared. Thanks for the help!
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page