Official Logitech Harmony 650/600 remote thread - Page 46 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes
post #1351 of 1462 Old 01-13-2015, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcm3 View Post
I'm new to this thread, so I apologize if this was covered previously. I've been using a harmony 650 for the last few years and love it. I noticed that the new 650 support 8 devices instead of the 5 that mine supports. Is this a software update. Can my 650 be upgraded to support 8 devices. This would be very helpful, as I would like to add my 6th device to my system.
Thanks.
Log into myharmony.com and select your 650 remote. It should show up to 8 devices can be supported. I've done this with my 2 year old harmony 650 and it's an awesome gesture of goodwill by Logitech to enable this.

Edit: post number 1165 by AVS member newirishman was first to report this in March 2014.
steve1022 likes this.

Marantz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP(2x4) & 10x10HD, Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.

Last edited by steveting99; 01-13-2015 at 08:40 PM. Reason: link provided
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1462 Old 01-14-2015, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
I've done this with my 2 year old harmony 650 and it's an awesome gesture of goodwill by Logitech to enable this.
Couldn't agree more, thanks. I downloaded the new MyHarmony software last night and set it up my 650 again (was able to import all of my old settings except my custom buttons). Now I have 6 devices incorporated! I read that there was a loss of functionality in the new software, but I was able to do all the things I could before. The interface is a bit different, but I had no issues with the functions.
post #1353 of 1462 Old 01-16-2015, 06:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 650 remote that has worked fine for the past year. I recently added an Xbox One to my system. After syncing to add this to the remote, I lost some commands on my Scientific Atlanta 8300 cable box.

Everything works fine, however if I go to "devices" and then to the SA Dvr, there is only a blank screen on the remote. No power toggle, etc.

I didn't change anything other than adding the Xbox. I have tried re-syncing several times which did nothing.

If it's important, I do have trouble syncing this in general. It will get to 99% and then stop and fail to sync. Usually after several tries it will complete.

Any help would be appreciated.
post #1354 of 1462 Old 01-17-2015, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Noob can't get 650 to work with Onkyo TX-NR609

Hi all,

Totally new to the universal remote world here...so patience is appreciated!

I have a home theater based on an Onkyo TX-NR609 AV receiver which is great. I just bought a new Harmony 650 and set it up according to instructions (very nice, smooth on-line et-up routine!) for my Panasonic TV, Panasonic Blue Ray player, Panasonic DVD Recorder, and of course the Onkyo.

The remote will not do anything with the Onkyo. Won't power it on. When I try to "fix" the power on command, and go into manual learning mode, the Harmony will not respond to / accept the Onkyo remote's signal. Some notes:

- Yes, the Onkyo remote is in great condition, has fresh batteries, and works flawlessly with the receiver and everything else in the system. (It just can't do activities or macros, which is the ONLY reason I bought the 650!!!)
- Yes, I am VERY carefully positioning both remotes according to instructions, and then also slightly changing the alignment during attempted learning to get the right angle. Nothing.
- Yes, on the Onkyo remote you can plainly see the signal emitter firing consistently during attempted learning.
- Yes, the Harmony display shows it is patiently attempting to receive the signal during learning.

So...

- It seems odd the 650 won't work the Onkyo at all without any manual learning. BTW, the Onkyo RIHD setting was already to "OFF"
- It seems even more odd that the 650 doesn't learn the Onkyo signal or apparently even see it.

Any help appreciated! (I am also posting this in the Onkyo TX thread.)
post #1355 of 1462 Old 01-19-2015, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just picked up the Logitech PS3 adapter. Works great.

AVR - Denon AVR-X1100W
BD - Sony BDP-S6200
Mains - RBH R5Bi
Center - RBH R5Ci
Sub - Outlaw Audio Ultra X-12
post #1356 of 1462 Old 01-24-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregger77 View Post
Hi all,

Any help appreciated! (I am also posting this in the Onkyo TX thread.)
After a long period of finagling, it turns out...

1) I goofed. Looking at the diagram of how to teach the Logitech to learn commands, it looked like the two remotes are placed "head to head." In fact, the arrangement is "head to toe" (weird but cool, I suppose, that the Logitech has IR sensors at both ends).

2) Logitech goofed. They sell a product whose database of thousands of common home theater equipment still, after what I have discovered from many different web threads, is not that great with Onkyo receivers.

Logitech technical support walked me through "learning" every single command from the Onkyo remote that I need to watch TV, listen to music, etc. Eager to get me off the phone, he said, "That's all, right?" I said, "Well, sure, for now, but there are DOZENS of commands that I use the Onkyo remote for while doing these activites--change aspect ratio, change audio profile from Dolby to All Channel, etc. etc etc. Are you saying I your database doesn't know a single one of these...and that I have to teach all of them to the 650?" He said, yep, that's what I'm saying.

He'd "make a note of the issue" and they'd "let me know" when they get their Onkyo receiver commands database "fixed."

Ha.
post #1357 of 1462 Old 01-24-2015, 05:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Like most receivers, all Onkyo's have essentially the same commands that work with all models, give or take a few. So there is probably an older model in the database that already has all the commands you need. It's just a matter of trying a few of them until you find one that has what you're looking for. It's easier for support to tell you to learn a few commands than for them to do the leg work of finding a model with what you need. So find yourself a list of other Onkyo models of a similar vintage, pick those from the database and see what you get. Odds are you'll hit the mother load with one or more of them.

Another option is find all the codes you need in pronto hex format and email that to datasupport@logitech.com and they will add them to your account that way. Onkyo may even have published lists in their manuals or on their website. I got a spreadsheet from Denon that has several thousand commands.
post #1358 of 1462 Old 01-25-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Like most receivers, all Onkyo's have essentially the same commands that work with all models, give or take a few. So there is probably an older model in the database that already has all the commands you need. It's just a matter of trying a few of them until you find one that has what you're looking for. It's easier for support to tell you to learn a few commands than for them to do the leg work of finding a model with what you need.
Great advice, thanks! It's just a little more than irritating for your exact Onkyo model to show up in their database listing during Setup, (and of course while talking to Tech Support), only to find the model-specific data is not working. I had no idea about the Onkyo spreadsheet--great tip.
post #1359 of 1462 Old 01-25-2015, 10:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregger77 View Post
I had no idea about the Onkyo spreadsheet--great tip.
You should be able to find just about every code you need here:

http://www.awe-europe.com/ir_232.html
post #1360 of 1462 Old 01-25-2015, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Mdavej is that listing _only_ for European hardware? Or are there others?
post #1361 of 1462 Old 01-25-2015, 07:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

It's the most comprehensive list I've been able to find anywhere. Has plenty of US models on it. Euro IR codes are the same as US codes anyway. So if you find a similar model number, it will probably work fine. I don't even know what that company whose site it is does, but I'm grateful they've posted all those files.
post #1362 of 1462 Old 01-26-2015, 03:38 AM

Hmm, from my phone I only saw Dennon and 2 others.
post #1363 of 1462 Old 01-26-2015, 06:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

From my phone I see hundreds models from of all the major brands including your exact model. Maybe you should try a different phone or a PC.

EDIT: Sorry Charles, I thought you were the OP. I see you have a Sony AVR which is indeed missing from the above site. This is the best code list I've found for those. It says it was last updated 8 years ago, but that's not right. I see updates from last year.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/

Last edited by mdavej; 01-26-2015 at 01:40 PM.
post #1364 of 1462 Old 01-26-2015, 02:41 PM

Thanks for the Sony codes. And no apologies needed. When I first tried the url you pasted in I saw only a few codes. The next time I tried it there was a _lot_ more.
If there was a comprehensive list (can you say snowballs chance in Hell?) and good software was available then we'd be able to compose a script - Turn on A, turn on B, turn on C; select %_€:A ...- and not have to fumble around.

And in a perfect world we'd have thought controlled devices😊.
post #1365 of 1462 Old 01-29-2015, 10:13 AM

I just udated my 650 settings. I made some minor changes to "Watch TV", added the new Sony Blu Ray and the old Sony Bravia.
Then when I went to Sync the progress bar got to 60% or so and reported that it was unsuccessful. The message instructions were to unplug the 650, wait a few seconds then reconnect.
I did and saw _no_ change to the screen! To effect the change and then Sync I had to cancel the first Sync (and got a warning message) and retry the Sync. That seemed to take. Now to test it.
post #1366 of 1462 Old 02-06-2015, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just received and set up a Harmony 650. Somewhat disappointed because I can't get it to clone the favorites button from my Comcast remote. I have a bunch of channels set up as favorites on my cable box and I can scroll through them one by one and sample what's going on by clicking the favorites button on the Comcast remote. The Harmony remote lets you set up favorites but only 23 of them and the way you change them is very cumbersome and unsatisfactory. As I mention I tried to clone one of the little colored buttons to the Comcast remote button but can't get it to work.
post #1367 of 1462 Old 02-06-2015, 02:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Jordan View Post
Just received and set up a Harmony 650. Somewhat disappointed because I can't get it to clone the favorites button from my Comcast remote. I have a bunch of channels set up as favorites on my cable box and I can scroll through them one by one and sample what's going on by clicking the favorites button on the Comcast remote. The Harmony remote lets you set up favorites but only 23 of them and the way you change them is very cumbersome and unsatisfactory. As I mention I tried to clone one of the little colored buttons to the Comcast remote button but can't get it to work.
Learning from your Comcast should be no problem. If you're pointing them head to head, that's not how Harmony works. The learning eye is at the bottom.

I'm very surprised the fav function is missing from the database. That's been around for years. Maybe pick a different model instead. All Moto boxes use the same codes but some may more complete than other on Logitech's end.

EDIT: I assumed you have a Moto box. If it's a Cisco, then learning will be nearly impossible.

Last edited by mdavej; 02-06-2015 at 02:59 PM.
post #1368 of 1462 Old 02-07-2015, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Have tried to find the answer to this question with no luck. I have the Harmony 880 and I just bought the 650 as a replacement. I downloaded the new software and it prompted me to create a new account, which I did. It also said I would be prompted to transfer my settings to the new remote when I went on the new software. I have two new pieces of equipment and do NOT want to transfer from the 880. Will the transfer be automatic or can I choose to program the new 650 from scratch. If I can choose, what do I do. My son programed the 880 and I want to do this myself. Thank you.

Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield........UN60HU8500-HS01
post #1369 of 1462 Old 02-08-2015, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acco20 View Post
Have tried to find the answer to this question with no luck. I have the Harmony 880 and I just bought the 650 as a replacement. I downloaded the new software and it prompted me to create a new account, which I did. It also said I would be prompted to transfer my settings to the new remote when I went on the new software. I have two new pieces of equipment and do NOT want to transfer from the 880. Will the transfer be automatic or can I choose to program the new 650 from scratch. If I can choose, what do I do. My son programed the 880 and I want to do this myself. Thank you.
All set..... It was really quite simple. Thanks anyway.

Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield........UN60HU8500-HS01
post #1370 of 1462 Old 02-08-2015, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hello fellow Harmony remote users!

I have a Sony HX929 55” TV and a Denon 3312 amp/receiver. When I bought the Denon (right after the Sony TV) three years ago, I was drawn to the ARC function. I thought it would be great to turn on the TV and also have the AV unit turn on automatically with one button. I currently have a high speed HDMI cable connected between the Denon “Monitor Out ARC #1 ” slot and the “HDMI Input ARC A” slot on the TV. ARC works fine like it’s supposed to. I also have a Panasonic BDT-220 Blu-Ray player connected with a HDMI cable between the player “HDMI Out” slot and the Denon “HDMI Assignable #1 BD” slot. I have an internal TV antenna connected to the TV – just removed the cable box. So other than the four sets of speaker wires and one subwoofer cable, nothing else is connected to the Denon. During the power-on sequence, the TV turns on, then the Denon switches on from Standby mode, then the Panasonic BD player powers on.

I just bought a Harmony 650 and would like to set it up so that the BD player is independent and doesn’t power on with the TV and amp until I tell it to do so. When I press the “ALL OFF” button on the Harmony, all three devices do power off like they’re supposed to.

On the Harmony 650 Setup, I added an activity under "Watch TV". Three devices are displayed - Sony TV, Denon amp, and Panasonic BD Player. I checked the boxes next to the TV and Denon to power up and unchecked the box next to the Panasonic BD to not power up. It then says, "The below devices are not used and will not be powered on when you start this activity" and the Panasonic BD player graphic is shown below. I saved it then tried it, but it doesn't work. The BD player still powers on with the other two devices.

Would you please provide me with suggestions on how to get my remote to do this if possible? Much appreciated!
post #1371 of 1462 Old 02-12-2015, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I've been having a few issues with my 650.

My first issue is that my remote "forgets" the activity. I read that it could be related to the controller restarting due to the battery losing contact. I fixed the battery in place and that did not help. I've replaced the batteries as well and it's still not remembering.

For my second issue, I thought maybe it could be the loading software, so I tried using the new MyHarmony interface instead of the old one. However, I can't use it, because it won't allow me to sign in. The MyHarmony software won't recognize my shift or caps lock key to put the @ symbol for my sign in. My shift key is recognized in every other program on my iMac with 10.10.2 Yosemite and I updated to the new version of Silverlite like recommended.

I've also noticed that sometimes the backlight will just randomly stay on, which is a killer on the batteries if you don't notice it right away.

Any fixes for these issues?

Thanks.
post #1372 of 1462 Old 02-12-2015, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymacIII View Post
.. The MyHarmony software won't recognize my shift or caps lock key to put the @ symbol for my sign in. My shift key is recognized in every other program on my iMac with 10.10.2 Yosemite and I updated to the new version of Silverlite like recommended...
Check that you've got US-International as the keyboard type. Other keyboard types will give funny characters as you've discovered.

Marantz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP(2x4) & 10x10HD, Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.
post #1373 of 1462 Old 02-12-2015, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Check that you've got US-International as the keyboard type. Other keyboard types will give funny characters as you've discovered.
Thanks for the reply. I tried switching my keyboard from US to US International and that unfortunately didn't fix it.
post #1374 of 1462 Old 02-16-2015, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm trying to create a sequence under an activity through harmonyremote.com, and it errors out. Contact support? (am I supposed to be using harmonyremote.com or myharmony.com anyway?)

Details:
- 650 remote, just purchased through amazon
- loonix laptop, ubuntu 14, concordance/congruity software (1 version off the current; I was lazy and got the pkg instead of compile)
- thus far I've been able to create 4 activities successfully:
-1 turn on plasma, ps3, avr; avr controls volume, ps3 is main control
-3 turn on projector, ps3, avr; avr controls volume, ps3 main control
-2 turn on plasma, avr; avr controls volume, tv controls OTA channels
-4 turn on avr and ps3, to play cds

What I'm trying to do:
Create a single button sequence within the plasma/ps3 option 1, that will change inputs to watch OTA tv, without turning off the PS3, during the occasional software update (and a counter sequence, to go back). The activity #2 works, however, it powers down the ps3. I haven't checked the options on that activity, to see if there's a way to leave the state for ps3 alone; that will probably be the workaround if it is possible.

Bonus comment: the LCD display for activities is a little strange. It only provides two per page, and I had to order the button activities, 1, 3, 2, 4, instead of 1,2,3,4, because it orders them "left to right" (I use 1 and 3 most, with 2 and 4 least). Why two per page, when there are 4 buttons flanking the lcd? Hrrrm.
post #1375 of 1462 Old 02-18-2015, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Follow up to my own issue, turns out, all I had to do was clear the cache, and sequences worked. No need to contact support.

However, didn't like using it for what was described, as the buttons weren't remapping, activity was a better idea. There's an option within the activity, to prevent unused devices from turning off, which works well for my purposes (i.e. ps3 is not turned off when I switch to OTA).
post #1376 of 1462 Old 02-20-2015, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hey guys!

Just got a Harmony 650 and have a Sony Amp (SA-CT260H) and it has a wireless bass speaker. The bass speaker is now not turning on when I turn everything on. Any ideas?
post #1377 of 1462 Old 02-20-2015, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmagnus View Post
hey guys!

Just got a Harmony 650 and have a Sony Amp (SA-CT260H) and it has a wireless bass speaker. The bass speaker is now not turning on when I turn everything on. Any ideas?

Does the Wireless Bass Speaker turn On/Off properly when using the real Sony SA-CT260H remote?

Living Room Home-Theater:
Epson 8350 1080p Projector (96") / Panasonic TH-46pz850u 46" 1080p Plasma TV
Onkyo TX-sr607 7.2 HDMI Audio/Video Amplifier/Receiver (630 watts)
Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-Ray Disc Player / Cisco 8742hdc DVR (TimeWarner)
Harmony 670 - Universal Remote / HTPC (XMBC/Win7-64) Media Server PC
Polk Audio Monitor Series II Speakers (Large 6.1 Matched Separates) / PSW505 12-Inch Sub
post #1378 of 1462 Old 02-20-2015, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Hdmi-cec ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBoys1 View Post
Hello fellow Harmony remote users!

I have a Sony HX929 55” TV and a Denon 3312 amp/receiver. When I bought the Denon (right after the Sony TV) three years ago, I was drawn to the ARC function. I thought it would be great to turn on the TV and also have the AV unit turn on automatically with one button. I currently have a high speed HDMI cable connected between the Denon “Monitor Out ARC #1 ” slot and the “HDMI Input ARC A” slot on the TV. ARC works fine like it’s supposed to. I also have a Panasonic BDT-220 Blu-Ray player connected with a HDMI cable between the player “HDMI Out” slot and the Denon “HDMI Assignable #1 BD” slot. I have an internal TV antenna connected to the TV – just removed the cable box. So other than the four sets of speaker wires and one subwoofer cable, nothing else is connected to the Denon. During the power-on sequence, the TV turns on, then the Denon switches on from Standby mode, then the Panasonic BD player powers on.

I just bought a Harmony 650 and would like to set it up so that the BD player is independent and doesn’t power on with the TV and amp until I tell it to do so. When I press the “ALL OFF” button on the Harmony, all three devices do power off like they’re supposed to.

On the Harmony 650 Setup, I added an activity under "Watch TV". Three devices are displayed - Sony TV, Denon amp, and Panasonic BD Player. I checked the boxes next to the TV and Denon to power up and unchecked the box next to the Panasonic BD to not power up. It then says, "The below devices are not used and will not be powered on when you start this activity" and the Panasonic BD player graphic is shown below. I saved it then tried it, but it doesn't work. The BD player still powers on with the other two devices.

Would you please provide me with suggestions on how to get my remote to do this if possible? Much appreciated!

Sounds like it might be an issue with HDMI-CEC . Pretty sure it must be on for ARC to work.
I don't use ARC and keep HDMI-CEC off on all components. I let Harmony turn components on/off instead.

http://support.myharmony.com/en/unde...g-hdmi-and-cec

Seems like if you are going to use HDMI-CEC, you will have to let Harmony know, other wise, components are going to be "over-controlled". And no, I don't know how to do that or if it's even possible. In fact, if it was, seems like it would be mentioned in that article.

Polk Audio Monitor Series II Speakers (Large 6.1 Matched Separates) / PSW505 12-Inch Sub

Last edited by Tesla1856; 02-20-2015 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Added more info and a link
post #1379 of 1462 Old 02-20-2015, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymacIII View Post

My first issue is that my remote "forgets" the activity.

That sounds like a defective remote, especially if it's all or random Activities.

If only one certain Activity, maybe try deleting it, re-creating it, and re-downloading it?

post #1380 of 1462 Old 02-21-2015, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla1856 View Post
Sounds like it might be an issue with HDMI-CEC . Pretty sure it must be on for ARC to work.
I don't use ARC and keep HDMI-CEC off on all components. I let Harmony turn components on/off instead.

http://support.myharmony.com/en/unde...g-hdmi-and-cec

Seems like if you are going to use HDMI-CEC, you will have to let Harmony know, other wise, components are going to be "over-controlled". And no, I don't know how to do that or if it's even possible. In fact, if it was, seems like it would be mentioned in that article.
I posted my issue on the Harmony message board and they confirmed that ARC doesn't work correctly with their remotes. But I've hooked up the three components the way I think they're suppose to be hooked up with cables between HDMI ports (not ARC ports) and turned off HDMI-CEC on the TV, Amp, and DVD player and it STILL doesn't work right. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I just threw in the towel and hooked it all back up the way I had it originally and will just have to live with this CRAP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page