Official Logitech Harmony 650/600 remote thread - Page 46 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
post #1351 of 1364 Old 01-13-2015, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcm3 View Post
I'm new to this thread, so I apologize if this was covered previously. I've been using a harmony 650 for the last few years and love it. I noticed that the new 650 support 8 devices instead of the 5 that mine supports. Is this a software update. Can my 650 be upgraded to support 8 devices. This would be very helpful, as I would like to add my 6th device to my system.
Thanks.
Log into myharmony.com and select your 650 remote. It should show up to 8 devices can be supported. I've done this with my 2 year old harmony 650 and it's an awesome gesture of goodwill by Logitech to enable this.

Edit: post number 1165 by AVS member newirishman was first to report this in March 2014.
steve1022 likes this.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G

Last edited by steveting99; 01-13-2015 at 09:40 PM. Reason: link provided
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1364 Old 01-14-2015, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
I've done this with my 2 year old harmony 650 and it's an awesome gesture of goodwill by Logitech to enable this.
Couldn't agree more, thanks. I downloaded the new MyHarmony software last night and set it up my 650 again (was able to import all of my old settings except my custom buttons). Now I have 6 devices incorporated! I read that there was a loss of functionality in the new software, but I was able to do all the things I could before. The interface is a bit different, but I had no issues with the functions.
post #1353 of 1364 Old 01-16-2015, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 650 remote that has worked fine for the past year. I recently added an Xbox One to my system. After syncing to add this to the remote, I lost some commands on my Scientific Atlanta 8300 cable box.

Everything works fine, however if I go to "devices" and then to the SA Dvr, there is only a blank screen on the remote. No power toggle, etc.

I didn't change anything other than adding the Xbox. I have tried re-syncing several times which did nothing.

If it's important, I do have trouble syncing this in general. It will get to 99% and then stop and fail to sync. Usually after several tries it will complete.

Any help would be appreciated.
post #1354 of 1364 Old 01-17-2015, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Noob can't get 650 to work with Onkyo TX-NR609

Hi all,

Totally new to the universal remote world here...so patience is appreciated!

I have a home theater based on an Onkyo TX-NR609 AV receiver which is great. I just bought a new Harmony 650 and set it up according to instructions (very nice, smooth on-line et-up routine!) for my Panasonic TV, Panasonic Blue Ray player, Panasonic DVD Recorder, and of course the Onkyo.

The remote will not do anything with the Onkyo. Won't power it on. When I try to "fix" the power on command, and go into manual learning mode, the Harmony will not respond to / accept the Onkyo remote's signal. Some notes:

- Yes, the Onkyo remote is in great condition, has fresh batteries, and works flawlessly with the receiver and everything else in the system. (It just can't do activities or macros, which is the ONLY reason I bought the 650!!!)
- Yes, I am VERY carefully positioning both remotes according to instructions, and then also slightly changing the alignment during attempted learning to get the right angle. Nothing.
- Yes, on the Onkyo remote you can plainly see the signal emitter firing consistently during attempted learning.
- Yes, the Harmony display shows it is patiently attempting to receive the signal during learning.

So...

- It seems odd the 650 won't work the Onkyo at all without any manual learning. BTW, the Onkyo RIHD setting was already to "OFF"
- It seems even more odd that the 650 doesn't learn the Onkyo signal or apparently even see it.

Any help appreciated! (I am also posting this in the Onkyo TX thread.)
post #1355 of 1364 Old 01-19-2015, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just picked up the Logitech PS3 adapter. Works great.

AVR - Denon AVR-X1100W
Mains - RBH R5Bi
Center - RBH R5Ci
Sub - Outlaw Audio Ultra X-12
post #1356 of 1364 Old 01-24-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregger77 View Post
Hi all,

Any help appreciated! (I am also posting this in the Onkyo TX thread.)
After a long period of finagling, it turns out...

1) I goofed. Looking at the diagram of how to teach the Logitech to learn commands, it looked like the two remotes are placed "head to head." In fact, the arrangement is "head to toe" (weird but cool, I suppose, that the Logitech has IR sensors at both ends).

2) Logitech goofed. They sell a product whose database of thousands of common home theater equipment still, after what I have discovered from many different web threads, is not that great with Onkyo receivers.

Logitech technical support walked me through "learning" every single command from the Onkyo remote that I need to watch TV, listen to music, etc. Eager to get me off the phone, he said, "That's all, right?" I said, "Well, sure, for now, but there are DOZENS of commands that I use the Onkyo remote for while doing these activites--change aspect ratio, change audio profile from Dolby to All Channel, etc. etc etc. Are you saying I your database doesn't know a single one of these...and that I have to teach all of them to the 650?" He said, yep, that's what I'm saying.

He'd "make a note of the issue" and they'd "let me know" when they get their Onkyo receiver commands database "fixed."

Ha.
post #1357 of 1364 Old 01-24-2015, 06:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Like most receivers, all Onkyo's have essentially the same commands that work with all models, give or take a few. So there is probably an older model in the database that already has all the commands you need. It's just a matter of trying a few of them until you find one that has what you're looking for. It's easier for support to tell you to learn a few commands than for them to do the leg work of finding a model with what you need. So find yourself a list of other Onkyo models of a similar vintage, pick those from the database and see what you get. Odds are you'll hit the mother load with one or more of them.

Another option is find all the codes you need in pronto hex format and email that to datasupport@logitech.com and they will add them to your account that way. Onkyo may even have published lists in their manuals or on their website. I got a spreadsheet from Denon that has several thousand commands.
post #1358 of 1364 Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Like most receivers, all Onkyo's have essentially the same commands that work with all models, give or take a few. So there is probably an older model in the database that already has all the commands you need. It's just a matter of trying a few of them until you find one that has what you're looking for. It's easier for support to tell you to learn a few commands than for them to do the leg work of finding a model with what you need.
Great advice, thanks! It's just a little more than irritating for your exact Onkyo model to show up in their database listing during Setup, (and of course while talking to Tech Support), only to find the model-specific data is not working. I had no idea about the Onkyo spreadsheet--great tip.
post #1359 of 1364 Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregger77 View Post
I had no idea about the Onkyo spreadsheet--great tip.
You should be able to find just about every code you need here:

http://www.awe-europe.com/ir_232.html
post #1360 of 1364 Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Mdavej is that listing _only_ for European hardware? Or are there others?
post #1361 of 1364 Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

It's the most comprehensive list I've been able to find anywhere. Has plenty of US models on it. Euro IR codes are the same as US codes anyway. So if you find a similar model number, it will probably work fine. I don't even know what that company whose site it is does, but I'm grateful they've posted all those files.
post #1362 of 1364 Old Today, 04:38 AM

Hmm, from my phone I only saw Dennon and 2 others.
post #1363 of 1364 Old Today, 07:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

From my phone I see hundreds models from of all the major brands including your exact model. Maybe you should try a different phone or a PC.

EDIT: Sorry Charles, I thought you were the OP. I see you have a Sony AVR which is indeed missing from the above site. This is the best code list I've found for those. It says it was last updated 8 years ago, but that's not right. I see updates from last year.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/

Last edited by mdavej; Today at 02:40 PM.
post #1364 of 1364 Unread Today, 03:41 PM

Thanks for the Sony codes. And no apologies needed. When I first tried the url you pasted in I saw only a few codes. The next time I tried it there was a _lot_ more.
If there was a comprehensive list (can you say snowballs chance in Hell?) and good software was available then we'd be able to compose a script - Turn on A, turn on B, turn on C; select %_€:A ...- and not have to fumble around.

And in a perfect world we'd have thought controlled devices😊.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page