Official Logitech Harmony 650/600 remote thread - Page 54 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

Old 02-05-2016, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 23
mdavej, the codes I was referring to, circa Jan 2014, were from here : http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...hread.cgi?7210

I ignored the labelled ones and tried the rest. Some did nothing, others worked but likely are already in the Harmony drop down. None were of course HDMI4. Your set may be different, as well as your 15 minute code search process for HDMI4, which I am not familiar with.

JU7100 Ready Reference
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2016, 04:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1766 Post(s)
Liked: 817
My list is exactly the same. So if you tried all 256, you have indeed confirmed the command does not exist.

My method involves loading about 50 at a time into 5 different devices. Then it's a simple matter of pressing every button in each of the 5 device modes. Doesn't take long at all, 2 per second takes only 2 minutes to go through them all. Takes maybe 10 minutes to build the 5 devices.
Old Yesterday, 05:41 AM

Recap - The only way for 2015 Samsung owners to try to get a true HDMI4 command (and not rely on HDMI3+cursor right) is to follow the advice of Logitech, and contact Samsung, ie :

Welcome to Logitech Forum Community!

Unfortunately, the discrete code available with us for HDMI 4 is not working as expected in recent Samsung models. Since the input list is also dynamic in those models, Harmony will not be able to change the inputs correctly, without the discrete codes.

I'd request you to contact Samsung and obtain the Discrete aka Direct IR Codes (in Hex/Pronto format) for your Television model, and forward it to our Data Support Team (datasupport@logitech.com) for further action.
Best Regards,
AKAHarmony.
Samsung can be contacted via email via Samsung Support US or Samsung Support Canada

If anyone is actually successful , please post the HDMI4 hex code

JU7100 Ready Reference
Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The 256 codes you found are all that could possibly exist from a mathematical standpoint. If you tried them all and none did HDMI4, then everyone can stop looking. The command doesn't exist. Only a firmware update from Samsung that adds the function can solve this.

If on the other hand, you haven't tried every code, then it could possibly still be found by someone who tries all 256.
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM
Thread Ender

Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaman09 View Post
Recap - The only way for 2015 Samsung owners to try to get a true HDMI4 command . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
The 256 codes you found are all that could possibly exist from a mathematical standpoint . . .
Mediaman... Have you tried asking the HDMI-4 question in the "Official" thread for your actual Samsung TV? Maybe someone else with your TV has managed to discover a code that works.

I believe it's time to Overthrow VerticalScope..
and Bring Back Huddler!

Blu-rays & DVD's
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

My god you people are lazy. The solution is right in front of your face, yet you'd rather search the net for hours on end and try just this or that random code. Unbelievable.

The list of 256 codes posted earlier definitely has HDMI4 if it exists at all. What is so hard to understand? Let's say you've locked yourself out of the house and a jar full of keys is under the porch. You know for a fact that one of the keys is the correct one. Do you try every key until you get in, or do you try 5 or 6 at random and then give up? Sheesh.
Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM

Quote:
My god you people are lazy. ..... Sheesh.
Excuse me?? Sheesh indeed. Not sure who "you people" are but I for one am not lazy. I tried and was not successful. Was not lazy. But I may have had a cut-n-paste and error in one of them, and out of respect for my time decided not to repeat the entire process. Not lazy. Or I decided to not try ones already labelled as something else; perhaps they were labelled by someone else incorrectly. Not lazy. Someone here, I wont mention names, said it take 15 minutes to do a code search, but, they did not do the search (on behalf of other users), and they did not post result , or the code. Did anyone call that person lazy?

Dont shoot the messenger. If HDMI4 it doesn't exist, I will let the big boys fight it out. Also found this on the Logitech forum for thier support team (they also posted to request users to contact Samsung directly):

"Meanwhile, I'll request our Corporate Team to try reaching out to Samsung, as they have the authority to communicate with other companies. I'm afraid there is nothing much we can do until we receive a positive response from Samsung."
Anyway, not a show-stopper for me, but I will make use of the code it it ever comes out one day. Until then, its removed from my Watch TV Activity.

JU7100 Ready Reference
Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Not you. I know you ultimately tried them all, except for the known ones, which is exactly what I would have done. It's those who refuse to accept the fact the the answer (if it exists) is already in the posted codes. No need to search anywhere else, ask anyone else or try random codes.

Believe me, if I could do the search myself, I would have. But I don't have a Samsung TV. And, yes, it would have taken me 15 minutes. I recently did a similar search for new Roku codes, and that's pretty much exactly how long it took, and yes, I did find a few new ones.
Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
My god you people are lazy.
I would never grind through all the possibilities. It's not the effort -- it's inelegant. But, say, this has been an issue for me, so thanks for all the discussion. I'm going to use the "no input" method, since my Samsung TV is always at HDMI4 -- other devices are connected through the AVR that is connected there.

Greg Lee
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM
Thread Ender

Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 285
I suppose he must be speaking of me, since I was about the only other person to offer suggestions for solving the problem. I didn't realize that this was his thread, and any suggestion offered by anyone else was unwelcome. My Samsung TV is two years old, and does not suffer from the affliction mentioned in these recent posts. My only reasons for getting involved were to: A) Help out mediaman, and B) Because I find it hard to believe that Samsung would simply delete the discrete ir code for HDMI-4. I'm sorry if I've stepped on some remote guru's toes.

I believe it's time to Overthrow VerticalScope..
and Bring Back Huddler!

Blu-rays & DVD's
Old Today, 10:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLee View Post
Quote:
My god you people are lazy.
I would never grind through all the possibilities
Thank you for proving my point.

Last edited by mdavej; Today at 10:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement