Official Logitech Harmony 650/600 remote thread - Page 56 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #1651 of 1665 Old 10-24-2016, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 25
ok. tried renaming the command to Sat/Cabl and assigned it to the shutdown for the bluray and apple tv devices. Still won't work. Then I tried a POff command which didn't work and then a PwrTggl command assigned to the Watch TV activity. Still won't do it.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1665 Old 10-25-2016, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by rono7 View Post
ok. tried renaming the command to Sat/Cabl and assigned it to the shutdown for the bluray and apple tv devices. Still won't work. Then I tried a POff command which didn't work and then a PwrTggl command assigned to the Watch TV activity. Still won't do it.

thanks
Hmmmm... I was able to verify that it works as expected for me. I added the learned CblSat command to the shutdown commands for my Watch Blu-ray activity and it switches the input on the AVR as expected just before the AVR shuts off. Did your Customize Activity Shutdown screens look something like this? If they did, did you check that your learned commands were functioning correctly from device mode?

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 8.0.0_21
post #1653 of 1665 Old 10-25-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post
Hmmmm... I was able to verify that it works as expected for me. I added the learned CblSat command to the shutdown commands for my Watch Blu-ray activity and it switches the input on the AVR as expected just before the AVR shuts off. Did your Customize Activity Shutdown screens look something like this? If they did, did you check that your learned commands were functioning correctly from device mode?

ok. I applied the learned catv command to both the apple tv and the panasonic bluray at shutdown, it changes the input back to catv, but it won't turn off the sony receiver. then i tried the pwrtggle command on the receiver and it will not turn off. strange.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 10.35.06 AM.png
Views:	32
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1734473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 12.29.47 PM.png
Views:	30
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1734481  
post #1654 of 1665 Old 10-25-2016, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4588 Post(s)
Liked: 4772
Quote:
My home theater system components go through the Sony AV receiver. When watching a bluray or apple tv, the sony is powered on for surround sound. when switching back to regular tv, the input is set to SAT/CATV. The Sony needs to be on to switch the input, but then I want to turn off the Sony receiver and only use the TV speakers.

Tried to add the Power off or Power toggle command to the customized activities on the Harmony 650, but it won't show up. I did this with my previous Logitec remote.

any suggestions?

thanks.
I just use the devices section of the remote (button at the bottom of the screen) where each device has such power controls already there....
post #1655 of 1665 Old 10-25-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
ok. I applied the learned catv command to both the apple tv and the panasonic bluray at shutdown, it changes the input back to catv, but it won't turn off the sony receiver. then i tried the pwrtggle command on the receiver and it will not turn off. strange.
fixed. deleted the sony receiver and reinstalled it. now, when switching from the bluray or apple tv to regular tv, it switches the input to catv and then turns off the receiver.

thanks for your help.
post #1656 of 1665 Old 11-17-2016, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anyone else have the 650 have a mind of it's own? I finally got it working with my Pioneer Elite Reciever and Panasonic tv so I could utilize ARC and have everything controlled perfectly last night. I get up this morning and the damn remote won't turn anything on and then once I finally get everything on and try to turn everything off and it won't turn off the tv without hitting help like 6 times. I tried everything last night at least 6 times and everything worked perfectly - turned everything on and off and then switch sources. Last night I turn everything off, go to bed and wake up this morning and the damn remote isn't working worth a cr#p. Any suggestions?

Jutter is gone..zipadeedoodah zipadeeday!!!
post #1657 of 1665 Old 11-17-2016, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCF34 View Post
Anyone else have the 650 have a mind of it's own? I finally got it working with my Pioneer Elite Reciever and Panasonic tv so I could utilize ARC and have everything controlled perfectly last night. I get up this morning and the damn remote won't turn anything on and then once I finally get everything on and try to turn everything off and it won't turn off the tv without hitting help like 6 times. I tried everything last night at least 6 times and everything worked perfectly - turned everything on and off and then switch sources. Last night I turn everything off, go to bed and wake up this morning and the damn remote isn't working worth a cr#p. Any suggestions?
I have better results when I turn off things like ARC.
post #1658 of 1665 Old 11-17-2016, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCF34 View Post

Logitech/Harmony recommends that you keep HDMI-CEC Off.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...g-hdmi-and-cec

I helped a family member setup a non-Harmony based system a while back. It was a Panasonic plasma (mounted on the wall) and an Onkyo-AVR. IIRC, I had to turn on HDMI-CEC (Viera-Link and RIHD) to get ARC to work. When really only using the TV's ATSC tuner (and TV's Apps), it all works pretty good using only the TV's remote (the Onkyo turns on/off as needed).

I knew if we ever upgraded them to a Harmony (and they wanted to start using other Inputs) ... I would need to turn all that off and I would need to go ahead and run the SPDIF cable from the TV back to the Onkyo. That is really all that ARC does. That is how the system you see in my sig is wired. I don't use the TV's ATSC tuner, but I do occasionally use the built-in Apps.

As for why, it makes sense if you think about it. Harmony and HDMI-CEC would be fighting for control.
richlife likes this.

Living Room Home-Theater:
Epson 8350 Projector (1080p @ 96") / Panasonic 850u 46" 1080p Plasma TV
Onkyo TX-sr607 AVR (7.2ch ~ HDMI ~ wrat-Amp 630 watts )
AppleTV-4 / Panasonic dmp-BD60 Blu-Ray Disc Player / Cisco 8742hdc DVR (TWC)
Harmony 670 Remote / HTPC (Kodi/Win10-64) Media Server PC / Synology 12tb Raid-5 NAS
Polk Audio Monitor Series-II Speakers (Large 6.1 Matched Separates) / psw-505 12-Inch Sub
post #1659 of 1665 Old 11-17-2016, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Curious if there is a way to get around devices that power themselves off after xxx minutes of inactivity? My new Samsung UBD 8500 blu Ray player will shut itself off after 20 minutes and it is NOT a setting I can disable. Ugh. .

So, this obviously screws up the power state of the remote if I switch back to the activity using this device and it will be powered down. Hope that makes sense. I've already set it to leave the device on unless I press the power button, blah, blah so that's not it.

I hate to have to return it for this issue. Is there a way to setup the activity to work around this or have the power state remain synced? Or am I screwed here?

Samsung PN64H5000
Samsung UBD-8500K, LG BD 570
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
post #1660 of 1665 Old 11-28-2016, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm at a loss here and could use some help. :/

I have a Samsung UN46ES6100 with Smart Hub where the Smart Hub input or the actual button load the ticker on the bottom of the screen that doesn't allow apps to be pinned statically. For convenience (wife and three kids), I've made buttons to load Netflix, Youtube, HBO Now, Plex, Pandora, etc. that are slowly timed sequences to navigate into what used to be Smart Hub where the icons are static and then browsing to each app. Screenshot attached.

There *HAS* to be a better way. The Netflix sequence is the easiest of all the ones I've coded and they don't always work 100% of the time because I haven't timed the delays slow enough. Are there discrete codes or something I'm missing to pull this off?

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 8.16.49 PM.png
Views:	17
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1795393  
post #1661 of 1665 Old 11-28-2016, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismoody View Post

I have a Samsung UN46ES6100 with Smart Hub where the Smart Hub input or the actual button load the ticker on the bottom of the screen that doesn't allow apps to be pinned statically. For convenience (wife and three kids), I've made buttons to load Netflix, Youtube, HBO Now, Plex, Pandora, etc. that are slowly timed sequences to navigate into what used to be Smart Hub where the icons are static and then browsing to each app. Screenshot attached.

There *HAS* to be a better way. The Netflix sequence is the easiest of all the ones I've coded and they don't always work 100% of the time because I haven't timed the delays slow enough. Are there discrete codes or something I'm missing to pull this off?

Thank you!
Hopefully someone can help you.

I just wanted to post that I've never seen a discrete code for an app. If discrete app buttons are not on the original remote (that you can copy) I can't really think of a way.

On my VieraCast, I just setup an Activity called "Use TV Apps" and drop user at Interface. We then use the cursor keys to navigate. This should mirror the original remote's functionality. Maybe I could add some Macros for each App, linked to little LCD screen (but we don't really use them much).

What you have accomplished is commendable. Maybe just keep working on timings?

Living Room Home-Theater:
Epson 8350 Projector (1080p @ 96") / Panasonic 850u 46" 1080p Plasma TV
Onkyo TX-sr607 AVR (7.2ch ~ HDMI ~ wrat-Amp 630 watts )
AppleTV-4 / Panasonic dmp-BD60 Blu-Ray Disc Player / Cisco 8742hdc DVR (TWC)
Harmony 670 Remote / HTPC (Kodi/Win10-64) Media Server PC / Synology 12tb Raid-5 NAS
Polk Audio Monitor Series-II Speakers (Large 6.1 Matched Separates) / psw-505 12-Inch Sub
post #1662 of 1665 Old 11-29-2016, 02:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2067 Post(s)
Liked: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismoody View Post

Thank you!
The Netflix and Amazon codes below should work. Email them to datasupport@logitech.com and ask them to add to your account. If they are confused, tell them these are simply the OBCs or function codes in decimal for protocol NECx2, device 7, subdevice 7.
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...st.cgi?1264798

There are no known codes for the other streaming apps, so you'll have to continue using your sequences for those.
post #1663 of 1665 Old 12-01-2016, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I purchased a Harmony 650 remote for my father in law a few years ago but ended up going a different route for him.

I stumbled across the remote still unopened in my desk the other day, so I thought I would play around with it since I have always used URC remotes.

I downloaded and installed MyHarmony (I am using Windows 10), but it will not recognize the remote no matter what I try.

Is there an older version of the software that I need to use? I am stumped.

Samsung 55JU7100 UHD / Tivo Roamio (OTA) / Samsung UBD-K8500
Denon AVR-X4200W
Monitor Audio GS10 / Monitor Audio GSLCR / Monitor Audio Silver FX / (4) Monitor Audio Pro-IC65
CSS SDX15 LLT Sonotube / Behringer EP2500
post #1664 of 1665 Old 12-01-2016, 08:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2067 Post(s)
Liked: 927
Here's what Logitech recommends:

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...y-the-computer

Failing that, try a different cable and port. USB 3.0 can be finicky, so try a low speed port.

I couldn't get one of my 650s to work until I put it in safe mode. So give that a try as a last resort.

http://www.harmonyremoterepair.com/D...structions.pdf
post #1665 of 1665 Old Today, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Here's what Logitech recommends:

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...y-the-computer

Failing that, try a different cable and port. USB 3.0 can be finicky, so try a low speed port.

I couldn't get one of my 650s to work until I put it in safe mode. So give that a try as a last resort.

http://www.harmonyremoterepair.com/D...structions.pdf
It ended up being a bad cable. I appreciate your help!

Samsung 55JU7100 UHD / Tivo Roamio (OTA) / Samsung UBD-K8500
Denon AVR-X4200W
Monitor Audio GS10 / Monitor Audio GSLCR / Monitor Audio Silver FX / (4) Monitor Audio Pro-IC65
CSS SDX15 LLT Sonotube / Behringer EP2500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page