URC CCP users - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 04-12-2010, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are there any ccp users here familiar with the software and programming the urc mx-6000 I just bought? Also, does anyone know if there is a class that I can take to help me learn the architecture? I'm very patient and really do want to learn the software. I have Java, C++, and web developing background. Are there any knowledgable users here that can help provide information that will help me program my new remote?

The unorthodoxed one viewing 86 inches in a 12x10 bedroom...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Click on Help and you should find all the programming guides for each remote in .pdf format.

post #3 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

Click on Help and you should find all the programming guides for each remote in .pdf format.

ohh you mean within the remote software... ?

post #4 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes. Help / User Guides. This pops up a Windows Explorer window showing the PDF files. I see two MX-6000 files, one is the programming manal and the other is the web browser manual.

You will probably need to run the Live Update before you see it depending on the version of CCP that you received. To do that on Vista or Windows 7 you need to run the program as administrator or turn off UAC.

It looks like your post was answered on remotecentral as well. Even though you received the usual posts that like to question where the remote was purchased...

post #5 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 10:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
^^^

yea, definitely run live update before doing anything else...

mista, i essentially learned ccp from reading the manuals... imo, anyone who knows how to "think logically" (i.e. how do i get from point a to point b, one step at a time?) and is willing to put in some time can program quite well in it...

it doesn't hurt to have programming 'sperience (i've got more years than i'd like to admit ), of course... but i think that the "experience" factor more plays into what i said in the previous paragraph... it helps a lot if you know how to properly flowchart out a process and it's functions... where most people get "stuck" with ccp (and other similar coding type tasks) is that they don't know "what to tell the remote to do"...

if you do have the software, i'll share my ccp file with a mx-5000 and a msc-400 in it (as well as a mx-980) with you if you like. if nothing else, it'll give you a baseline for what their structure looks like, some coding examples, and so on. drop me a pm with your email if you are interested.

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Yes. Help / User Guides. This pops up a Windows Explorer window showing the PDF files. I see two MX-6000 files, one is the programming manal and the other is the web browser manual.

You will probably need to run the Live Update before you see it depending on the version of CCP that you received. To do that on Vista or Windows 7 you need to run the program as administrator or turn off UAC.

It looks like your post was answered on remotecentral as well. Even though you received the usual posts that like to question where the remote was purchased...

i can see why they questioned me being that its a official forum where reps from URC frequently post, but it was rather awkward. some people actually do follow the rules, but maybe they didnt know that.

post #7 of 12 Old 04-13-2010, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

^^^

yea, definitely run live update before doing anything else...

mista, i essentially learned ccp from reading the manuals... imo, anyone who knows how to "think logically" (i.e. how do i get from point a to point b, one step at a time?) and is willing to put in some time can program quite well in it...

it doesn't hurt to have programming 'sperience (i've got more years than i'd like to admit ), of course... but i think that the "experience" factor more plays into what i said in the previous paragraph... it helps a lot if you know how to properly flowchart out a process and it's functions... where most people get "stuck" with ccp (and other similar coding type tasks) is that they don't know "what to tell the remote to do"...

if you do have the software, i'll share my ccp file with a mx-5000 and a msc-400 in it (as well as a mx-980) with you if you like. if nothing else, it'll give you a baseline for what their structure looks like, some coding examples, and so on. drop me a pm with your email if you are interested.

i dont have a dealer account, will live update still work?

post #8 of 12 Old 04-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Depends on how you got your software. If you got if from your dealer, yes; if you got it from URC, no.

Joe Zoz
Leon Speakers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 12 Old 04-15-2010, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzoz01 View Post

Depends on how you got your software. If you got if from your dealer, yes; if you got it from URC, no.

That's odd. My copy of CCP came from URC and it runs Live Update just fine. Is there a version of CCP that doesn't update?

post #10 of 12 Old 04-15-2010, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

That's odd. My copy of CCP came from URC and it runs Live Update just fine. Is there a version of CCP that doesn't update?

I'm not sure about CCP (I got it from URC also) but the software for the MX-850 and other older models did have two versions. One with live update and one without.
post #11 of 12 Old 04-15-2010, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adk highlander View Post

I'm not sure about CCP (I got it from URC also) but the software for the MX-850 and other older models did have two versions. One with live update and one without.

i just did my live updatge and its fine

post #12 of 12 Old 09-20-2012, 05:43 PM

hey are you still offering help with urc 980 remote. Mine will be in tomorrow i am fairly confident that i will be able to do most of the programing but i would rather have a frindly person help me if i get stuck than a 100$ and hour installer.
let me know thanks
Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page