Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 196 Old 11-20-2011, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

It's one of the first few tips in this thread.

Thanks. I checked it out. There's no option to "reorder activities" in my software (current version), and the only links I found in a search for version 7.3.0 were for mac (I use a pc).

Am I correct in thinking that I can't reorder the activities without using software version 7.3.0? Can you direct me where to find a pc version of it?

One other thing...is there any way to reprogram or simply add commands to the "all of" button?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 196 Old 11-20-2011, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 413
It's not in the software. That's the point of the post. You have to follow the link and use the web config. There is no software to install. I've reordered activities many times on a PC using the procedure I linked in my post. What exactly isn't working for you? You may have to log in a couple of times before it works. After making your changes, you can update your remote with the 7.7 software.

There are 3 ways to program a harmony 600/650/700: myharmony.com, 7.7 software and members.harmonyremote.com. The latter 2 are interchangeable and use the same config info. You can even use them simultaneously. But myharmony is completely independent, works with a different configuration and should never be used by anyone. Members.harmonyremote.com actually has the most functionality of all. In addition to all the features of 7.7, it also lets you reorder activities and import pronto hex codes one at a time.

You have no control over all off, but you can add commands when exiting each of your activities. That's how I usually handle it.
post #93 of 196 Old 11-20-2011, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

It's not in the software. That's the point of the post. You have to follow the link and use the web config. There is no software to install. I've reordered activities many times on a PC using the procedure I linked in my post. What exactly isn't working for you? You may have to log in a couple of times before it works. After making your changes, you can update your remote with the 7.7 software.

There are 3 ways to program a harmony 600/650/700: myharmony.com, 7.7 software and members.harmonyremote.com. The latter 2 are interchangeable and use the same config info. You can even use them simultaneously. But myharmony is completely independent, works with a different configuration and should never be used by anyone. Members.harmonyremote.com actually has the most functionality of all. In addition to all the features of 7.7, it also lets you reorder activities and import pronto hex codes one at a time.

You have no control over all off, but you can add commands when exiting each of your activities. That's how I usually handle it.

I statred out using myharmony, and that didn't work for me. Then I downloaded the 7.7. software...much better, but I could not find an option to reorder activities. Then I wnt to members.harmonyremote, and when presented with a sing in page, I entered the same user name and password that I used when I first used the 7.7 software...and I still did not find a reorder activities option.

I'm sorry. I'm clearly missing something. Should I create a new account?
post #94 of 196 Old 11-21-2011, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

You did everything right so far. Read the page I linked very carefully or follow the members link in my post. That will take you straight to the re-order page after you've successfully logged in. This is a hack, so there is no direct access to the re-order page on the members site, only via the links posted. Don't create a new account. The members site shares the same login and config as your 7.7 software. We have to do it this way because logitech is hell bent on removing features. We just happened to find a few they forgot to remove completely.
post #95 of 196 Old 12-02-2011, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone know if there is a way to upload custom graphic files for commands? I have an 1100, and I would love to be able to change my "play blu-ray" icon to something that doesn't say "DVD" in the picture... I wasn't sure if any hacks were out there...

-Aaron
My Basement Movie Room and Bar/Game Room - actually doing stuff now... please comment!
post #96 of 196 Old 01-03-2012, 06:46 PM

Here is my dilemma

When i swtich to any activity, the volume is control thru the AVR, works perfectly. However, if i switch to a device thereafter, to then adjust the volume i have to switch devices to my AVR to control the volume. How can i set it up so no matter what device i jump to, the volume is always controlled by the AVR.

I know i have seen this before but cant find the thread

Thanks
post #97 of 196 Old 01-03-2012, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Double press Devices button or Activities button to go back to the current activity and volume mapping. Or learn AVR vol to the vol keys of every device. Harmony has no global volume punch thru like some other remotes you may have used before.

However, you should design your activities such that you rarely if ever need to use device mode in the first place. Whatever functions you're jumping to device mode to use should simply be added to your activity.
post #98 of 196 Old 01-03-2012, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 16
mdavej is correct. Volume control is designated through activities. As part of setting up the activity, the software will ask you which device you will use to control the volume.
post #99 of 196 Old 01-07-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:

Double press Devices button or Activities button to go back to the current activity and volume mapping. Or learn AVR vol to the vol keys of every device. Harmony has no global volume punch thru like some other remotes you may have used before.

However, you should design your activities such that you rarely if ever need to use device mode in the first place. Whatever functions you're jumping to device mode to use should simply be added to your activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani View Post

mdavej is correct. Volume control is designated through activities. As part of setting up the activity, the software will ask you which device you will use to control the volume.

Thanks Guys, I gotcha. I need to determine what need i have for jumping to device mode and incorporate that into a new or existing activity. Duh!! lol
post #100 of 196 Old 01-07-2012, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmighty View Post

Thanks Guys, I gotcha. I need to determine what need i have for jumping to device mode and incorporate that into a new or existing activity. Duh!! lol

Harmony worked VERY differently compared to old school universal remotes. It's understandable for it to be a little strange at first.
post #101 of 196 Old 01-11-2012, 03:04 AM

Quote:

That sammy doesn't have a discrete speaker toggle, if that's what you're talking about. Sorry. Post the model of your amp, and I'll see if I can find a discrete DRC toggle. How would you be adding it - by learning from a UEI remote or by adding the pronto hex?

How do we go about checking if the LG LW6500 TV has discrete speaker on/off codes?
post #102 of 196 Old 01-11-2012, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kun1he2 View Post

How do we go about checking if the LG LW6500 TV has discrete speaker on/off codes?

According to THIS list it does not. LG often publishes codes in the owners manual if you want to check that as well. If you find anything, post it and I can convert to pronto hex for your harmony.
post #103 of 196 Old 01-11-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:

According to THIS list it does not. LG often publishes codes in the owners manual if you want to check that as well. If you find anything, post it and I can convert to pronto hex for your harmony.

Thanks. From the list, looks like there's no discrete Mute On/Off too - which would have been the other alternative.

From the LG manual, the IR codes listed is a smaller subset of the known codes.
Btw, there's also a RS-232C section in the manual which has a Mute 0/1 command - but I guess that is probably irrelevant since we need IR codes.
post #104 of 196 Old 01-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Advanced Member

Hi Guys -

Harmony 1100 owner here.

Just added 2 Lutron Maestro IR dimmers to my room. I have an RF extender as well. Can someone explain to me, "specifically" what I need to do to accomplish the following:

Dims and/or shuts down lighting

What I did first was create two new devices called "rope lights" and "main room lighting" with the model number of the dimmer. Am I on the right track? What do I need to do next?

For instance I want a "Scene 1: Shut off lighting, Dim Rope lights" + Start movie type of activity. What customization do I need to do? Am I screwed because the harmony doesn't support advanced sequences like this? Also when I have my device list pulled up, do I want every device to be controlled by my RF extender, including the lighting?

Lastly, I'm running the latest version of the remote software, but I'm a bit worried about checking/flashing the firmware. It's not going to brick on me is it?

Thanks in advance!
post #105 of 196 Old 01-23-2012, 05:58 PM

I want to add more than one Pronto Hex Code into my Harmony One but the method linked to in the fourth post of this sticky refers to a file hosted on megaupload which is now gone. I did google "Hex to Harmony Rev2.zip" but all links lead to megaupload.

Thanks
post #106 of 196 Old 01-23-2012, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

New download link added to original post.
post #107 of 196 Old 01-27-2012, 04:19 AM
sr

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I inadvertantly hit the wrong Activity button because they are so close together. Is it possible to separate two Activities with a blank space.
post #108 of 196 Old 01-27-2012, 05:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Can you create an activity, label it space and have it do nothing or does it actually have to do some actions?

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #109 of 196 Old 01-27-2012, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Can you create an activity, label it space and have it do nothing or does it actually have to do some actions?

Perhaps create an activity that bumps the volume down one bump then up one bump, so net result = nothing?
post #110 of 196 Old 01-27-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr View Post

I inadvertantly hit the wrong Activity button because they are so close together. Is it possible to separate two Activities with a blank space.

Sorry, but how is this going to help you? You'll still have to press the activity you want... What you need is to have bigger buttons, but this is not possible. You can make all activities on the page to be the same, though, but (t will be a lot if work for the TV channels.
post #111 of 196 Old 01-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
In my work out room I have an XBOX360 which I use as a media extender, that is, I use the XBOX as a "cable box" and I use a Harmony 650 to change channels etc.

The problem I have is that I added favorite channels to the remote, but the darn remote sends the codes to the TV, not the XBOX, which of course doesn't work. is there anyway I can program the favorites to be sent to the XBOX instead? I have found it to be really difficult to to enter 4 digit channel numbers while running on a treadmill and thus it was the main reason I got the dang harmony in the first place....
post #112 of 196 Old 02-07-2012, 10:34 AM

Is there a way to overcome the 5-step sequence limitation?
post #113 of 196 Old 02-07-2012, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexoren View Post

Is there a way to overcome the 5-step sequence limitation?

You can "learn" a custom command. During the learning process, you have to time to push several buttons, potentially on more than one remote if you want, just have to play with the timing.

Then chain this by mapping that "one" new custom "command" as one of the 5 steps in the new sequence, and you can create some pretty substantial chains.
post #114 of 196 Old 02-07-2012, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

... for that to work you must learn in "raw" mode. Otherwise it will only recognize one command. On the learning page, click "Custom" at the very bottom, then "Raw".

Also realize that all harmony models from the past couple of years won't do sequences at all. This includes the 900, 1100, 600, 650, 700, OnePlus and Link. The 600, 650, 700 and OnePlus will do them if you use the old 7.7 stand-alone software rather than the MyHarmony.com software. On remotes that can't do sequences, the raw learn trick can get you 3 commands or so in one depending on the signal complexity, your target device and your skill.
post #115 of 196 Old 02-07-2012, 01:24 PM

Thanks for your reply, mdavej.
I'm using the 880
post #116 of 196 Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

It's not in the software. That's the point of the post. You have to follow the link and use the web config. There is no software to install. I've reordered activities many times on a PC using the procedure I linked in my post. Members.harmonyremote.com actually has the most functionality of all. In addition to all the features of 7.7, it also lets you reorder activities and import pronto hex codes one at a time.

I recently purchased two Harmony 700 remotes, one for the bedroom and one for the living room.

For the Living Room remote, the LCD shows these activities:
Page 1: Watch a VHS, Watch TV+Surround
Page 2: Watch DVD+Surround, Watch TV
Page 3: Listen to CDs.

The http://members.harmonyremote.com lists the order as:
1) Watch DVD+Surround
2) Watch a VHS
3) Watch TV
4) Listen to CDs
5) Watch TV+Surround

Here is how I want them to be listed on the LCD:
Page 1: Watch TV, Watch TV+Surround
Page 2: Watch DVD+Surround, Listen to CD
Page 3: Watch a VHS

That listing is in the order of most used (TV) to least used (VHS).

I have tried the web-page order many times over the past hour, and can't get them listed the way I wanted. The closest I got was for the Watch TV to be on page 1, but so was VHS (which I hardly never use).

If anyone can figure out the right way these should be listed on the web page, please let me know.
post #117 of 196 Old 02-08-2012, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Did you follow the Shiny Hacks procedure linked in the re-order activities post near the beginning of this thread? In any case, you have to determine the relationship between the order you create on the site and the order you actually get, then make your changes accordingly. Activity re-ordering isn't supposed to work at all, so we're just taking advantage of the fact they forgot to remove it entirely from the site.
post #118 of 196 Old 02-09-2012, 01:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Did you follow the Shiny Hacks procedure linked in the re-order activities post near the beginning of this thread? In any case, you have to determine the relationship between the order you create on the site and the order you actually get, then make your changes accordingly. Activity re-ordering isn't supposed to work at all, so we're just taking advantage of the fact they forgot to remove it entirely from the site.

Yes, I did, and it seems like each time it re-arrange everything, regardless of what order they are put in. For example, I could have "Watch TV" as #3 and "Watch TV+Surround" as #5 on the site, which has them on the LCD as #4 and #2. But if I swap those around on the site so that "Watch TV" is #5 and "TV+Surround" is #3, they then show up on the LCD as #4 and #5 - when they should be #2 and #4. I've spent over an hour at it, and it seems like it's changing at random each time.
post #119 of 196 Old 02-09-2012, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Unfortunately there's not much you can do but keep hacking away at it. Now you can understand why I gave up on harmony a long time ago.
post #120 of 196 Old 02-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Unfortunately there's not much you can do but keep hacking away at it. Now you can understand why I gave up on harmony a long time ago.

Ok, so which remote do you recommend that is "better" than a Harmony?
Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech Harmony 700 Rechargeable Remote With Color Screen

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page