Harmony Tips - Page 8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

Old 09-10-2015, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1029 Post(s)
Liked: 865
[quote=sr;37190922]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
I presume you tried the online code and teaching the code from the Oppo remote?

The only thing it asked me to teach it was the power command.

How would I go about doing that?

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2015, 02:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1318 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
Got my Oppo 103d today.
However, I can't for the life of me get the harmony 1100 to switch inputs correctly. I have my dvr plugged into the hdmi rear port and it still fails to select the correct input whether I have it set to bluray player or last input. I've always run into this same problem with my harmony remotes (1100, 650) when it involves scrolling through inputs on tvs and now the Oppo. I've read the FAQ and obviously still not doing something right. Any advice is appreciated!
I'd forget trying to use the Harmony to change Oppo inputs at start-up, it just slows things down. Tell Harmony to NOT select an input. Then go into the Oppo setup and set it to always startup with the last input. That way it'll always start up with the HDMI input you used last, or whatever you used last.

But Harmony has discrete codes for each input, there's no "scrolling" called for.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
I'd forget trying to use the Harmony to change Oppo inputs at start-up, it just slows things down. Tell Harmony to NOT select an input. Then go into the Oppo setup and set it to always startup with the last input. That way it'll always start up with the HDMI input you used last, or whatever you used last.

But Harmony has discrete codes for each input, there's no "scrolling" called for.

On the Oppo remote you can select Input then the no. 3 to select the hdmi in back. I just can't figure out how to set that up on the harmony.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1318 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
On the Oppo remote you can select Input then the no. 3 to select the hdmi in back. I just can't figure out how to set that up on the harmony.
OK, you've got me confused about what it is you want to do. You can set up a button for the activity mode that sends the input command, or use the remote mode and do the same.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
OK, you've got me confused about what it is you want to do. You can set up a button for the activity mode that sends the input command, or use the remote mode and do the same.

Sorry for the confusion, I'll see if I can explain it better. First let me say I e never really delved into the deep settings to try and change what any of the hard buttons do, etc., just used the wizard to turn everything on basically. This route has always worked for me except on a couple of occasions in the past where I had to run all the hdmi cables into a TV because the Avr didn't have hdmi. This required trying to set the tv (samsung) to different inputs by using a scrolling method. I never could get the harmony to scroll to the correct input for any given activity.
Now that I have an Avr with hdmi this isn't an issue since there is only one hdmi going to the TV and the Avr always switches to the correct input. But, since I got the Oppo and IT has different inputs for the bluray playback, the hdmi in back, hdmi in front and two ARC inputs I'm now back to the same problem I had when the hdmi cables were all going into the TV, it just won't select/scroll to the correct input.
I'm told in the Oppo thread that you can just press Input->#3 for hdmi in back(which is where my dvr is plugged in) and Input-> #1 for bluray playback. This method works fine using the Oppo remote and eliminates the need to scroll through the input menu by pressing the corresponding number key after pressing Input.
What I want is for the harmony to send the commands for Input then #1 for Movie Activity and Input then #3 for Watch Tv. I just can't figure out how to do that a need a step-by-step or something.
In case it matters, I'm using a harmony 1100 that uses an older software to program the remote, it doesn't work with the newer MyHarmony software that is used for the 650, etc.
Hope this helps explain it better and thanks for your help.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm a little late to this party on fixing the purple issue, but after two screen replacements and suffering from a large amount of the purple fringing I just followed the steps much earlier in this thread and was able to upgrade using the logic.bin file and my Harmony 650 remote.

Can't thank this forum enough and particularly BigMiggen for uploading the file.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Harmony 650, problems customizing buttons and screen

Wow, no posts since October. Well, here goes. Note that I am not a newb to Harmony remotes, customizing buttons, etc. But this one has me stumped. For the activity I've set up called "Netflix" (which more accurately should be called "control the Roku box") I've said I want this (screen shot of the MyHarmony software showing how I've customized is attached) on my 650's screen. Choosing Netflix activity the TV, AVR, etc. all turn on, go to the correct inputs, etc. However, the 650 shows then 13 screens available, and screen 1 shows (left to right, top row first) Power Toggle, Power On, Power Off, Aspect, instead of my customization. I assume those and the 13 screens are all default settings?

Also, the cursor and OK buttons on the remote, and FF/Rew, to which I have assigned the Roku remote's buttons, are doing nothing.

Yes, I have connected the remote to the computer for sync, and it finishes saying the sync is 100% complete. Customizations for all other activities such as watching the Bluray player, DVR, etc., are working fine. Anybody have any idea what is going on?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roku Activity.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	1166146  
Old 01-13-2016, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 9
I'm new to the Harmony thread yet I've read the previous pages hoping to glean an answer to my current issue. I have a Harmony 700 and am attempting to create an activity that will automatically set the Sony 55W700BTV to the SED screen which depicts different apps to chose from. My concern is every time I attempt to set this up all my devices set correctly exept the TV. When I've attempted to input pauses within the activity it has no effect. There is a hard button on the original Sony remote which works just fine yet when I chose the SED command within the activity set up it does not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

"These go to eleven."

Great words from Nigel Tufnel.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeintel View Post
I'm new to the Harmony thread yet I've read the previous pages hoping to glean an answer to my current issue. I have a Harmony 700 and am attempting to create an activity that will automatically set the Sony 55W700BTV to the SED screen which depicts different apps to chose from. My concern is every time I attempt to set this up all my devices set correctly exept the TV. When I've attempted to input pauses within the activity it has no effect. There is a hard button on the original Sony remote which works just fine yet when I chose the SED command within the activity set up it does not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
The first thing I'd try is mapping that command to a single button, then trying it manually to see if the SED command that the Harmony software has actually does what you want. If it doesn't, then you can go about learning the command from the Sony TV remote.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime
Old 01-14-2016, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oryan_dunn View Post
The first thing I'd try is mapping that command to a single button, then trying it manually to see if the SED command that the Harmony software has actually does what you want. If it doesn't, then you can go about learning the command from the Sony TV remote.
Not to sound horribly simple yet when you say "mapping" what exactly do you mean?

"These go to eleven."

Old 01-14-2016, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeintel View Post
Not to sound horribly simple yet when you say "mapping" what exactly do you mean?
Mapping is just assigning a physical button on the remote to a command from the list available for a device. The easiest would be to just assign one of the on-screen buttons (which you can name anything you want). So, you could name an on-screen button SED, then assign it the SED command. At this point, you can just use the SED "button" on the harmony just as you would on the Sony remote. If it doesn't bring up the screen like it should, it's possible the command in the harmony database isn't right. At that point, you'd follow the steps to learn a new command for SED.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime
Old 01-14-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oryan_dunn View Post
Mapping is just assigning a physical button on the remote to a command from the list available for a device. The easiest would be to just assign one of the on-screen buttons (which you can name anything you want). So, you could name an on-screen button SED, then assign it the SED command. At this point, you can just use the SED "button" on the harmony just as you would on the Sony remote. If it doesn't bring up the screen like it should, it's possible the command in the harmony database isn't right. At that point, you'd follow the steps to learn a new command for SED.
Thanks for the help. The mapping is good. It appears as though the time it takes the TV to start up is creating the issue. I've had to put a very large delay (10 sec) step in prior to triggering the SEN function. Which is definitely annoying.

"These go to eleven."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Logitech Harmony 700 Rechargeable Remote With Color Screen