ProControl 24.z by RTi - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 07-12-2012, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am contemplating buying either a ProControl Pro.24r or Logitech harmony One. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Need to make a decision by tomorrow, so please help. The Pro is around $30.00 more than the Logitech.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 07-13-2012, 09:33 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by addictaudio View Post

I am contemplating buying either a ProControl Pro.24r or Logitech harmony One. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Need to make a decision by tomorrow, so please help. The Pro is around $30.00 more than the Logitech.

Anyone? I searched, but found nothing.
post #33 of 38 Old 07-18-2012, 09:55 PM

Liked: 10
Harmony One will not do RF (the Logitech 900 will--but with an annoying delay).

24z appears to do RF (not sure about delay). Huge downside here is that you will have to pay a professional installer through the nose to program it for you.

Destro
post #34 of 38 Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 PM

Liked: 16
I guess you have to pay to play. I mean I don't see whats wrong with paying someone to do it right why be cheap and try to jimmy rig it yourself when a good installer with the right experience can get er done for you fairly quickly. I can guarantee that these don't have delays over a (Harmony) but over the past few months I've sold a few of these to my clients and in the beginning they had a few quirks but they seem to be worked out now.
post #35 of 38 Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 PM

Liked: 10
I have had good luck with ProControl. I havent noticed any delay issues whatsoever. The programming software isnt as advanced as RTI, but has a lot of the features, and you can import the expansive RTI library for use in programming. Programming for a simple one room system shouldn't take more than an hour or two.
post #36 of 38 Old 02-28-2013, 06:57 PM

Liked: 11
I have bought one of these remotes to run my new system. The rest of the system was up and running in January but the remote is still not working properly. I have been displeased with the remote and all the time that I have waited for it to be programmed. When I finally did receive the programmed remote last week my dealer only charged me one hr for programming. This seemed fair to me till I got it home and it doesn't work properly. It is supposed to control my T.V. , Satellite , PS3, and my Marantz AV8801. The remote will turn the tv on. It will not bring up the guide on the satellite. It will control the volume on the marantz that is all and the remote does noting for the PS3. I am wondering if I have the remote base station connected properly. I feel confident that this will be a cool controller. Just wish the damn thing worked. I will take it back for more programming and wait some more. Yay...mad.gif

post #37 of 38 Old 02-28-2013, 07:39 PM

Liked: 17
The programmer really just needs to go to your house and finish the programming there. That way he can test and verify all the codes and macros work. As far as the PS3 goes you will need to buy a IR to Bluetooth converter so that your remote will be compatible with the PS3. Good luck.
post #38 of 38 Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangdriverdoug View Post

The programmer really just needs to go to your house and finish the programming there. That way he can test and verify all the codes and macros work. As far as the PS3 goes you will need to buy a IR to Bluetooth converter so that your remote will be compatible with the PS3. Good luck.

Thanks
I was hoping this was not the case. I live 1.5 hrs out of town. This means an expensive service call. But I guess its worth it.

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page