ProControl 24.z by RTi - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 38 Old 07-22-2010, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does any dealer have any information on these new remotes from RTI.
http://www.procontrol.com/pro24z.html
They were announced recently, i tried emailing them (as a dealer, which I am) and have gotten no response. I am going to try my RTI distributor next and then RTI but..... in the meanwhile?

These look really promising due to the combination of the 5-way joystick and d-pad for really getting the most out of menus between devices etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 07-28-2010, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

AM i the only person who finds this appealing?
post #3 of 38 Old 07-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I do to like you I would love to no more on it.I have not heard a thing on them.
post #4 of 38 Old 08-03-2010, 12:52 PM
AVS Club Gold

No news yet but they are listed as an exhibitor at the CEDIA 2010 trade show which takes place in Atlanta at the end of September. If there's going to be an announcement soon... that's the place they would make it.

Jim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 38 Old 08-09-2010, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

the real problem is that this remote was announced at ces 2010 and yet no new news
post #6 of 38 Old 08-22-2010, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

with rti's track record, they usually deliver the products annouced a year later, so don't hold your breath. i would expect next spring realistically.

Dedicated Theater Construction Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home Automation Construction Thread

post #7 of 38 Old 09-07-2010, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Im thinking b.s. on this one ive emailed, and left voicemails to the phone number to no avail and i can get rti through my distributor. they have also changed the picture for the 24z that omits the fie way joystick.
post #8 of 38 Old 09-08-2010, 04:26 AM
AVS Club Gold

They do have their own booth at CEDIA and we are looking forward to meeting with them. Give it a few more weeks to see where they are.

Jim

post #9 of 38 Old 09-13-2010, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, i just saw there fold-out ad in Ce-pro advertising their cedia booth- If your are indeed going, could you please find out if rti dealers will get these, and when is the release date.

thank you
post #10 of 38 Old 09-16-2010, 08:42 PM

According to this press release:

Quote:
Pro Control's premiere line of professional-grade control solutions is available now at an MSRP of $249 each for the PRO24.r and PROLINK.4, and $399 each for the PRO24.z and PROLINK.z.

post #11 of 38 Old 11-17-2010, 03:59 PM

Has anybody bought one of these or even used one?
post #12 of 38 Old 11-18-2010, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
looks interesting!!!
post #13 of 38 Old 01-04-2011, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

any news on this????
post #14 of 38 Old 01-05-2011, 04:57 PM

I sent email just trying to get a timing on release yesterday and got a reply a little while ago:

Thank you for your interest in Pro Control. We are excitedly finalizing things like the manuals, packaging etc. and are targeting May 2011 for release of this new product line.
Watch the website too: www.procontrol.com

Please drop a note anytime to check on the timing.

Will keep an eye on this later in the spring
post #15 of 38 Old 01-05-2011, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks!
post #16 of 38 Old 05-06-2011, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

any news?...
post #17 of 38 Old 06-01-2011, 09:29 AM

New date is Fall 11'. we will see...

If you want to know if a product is "good", please tell us your definition of "bad" for an understood point of reference. Do you want subjective opinions or objective facts?
- FunHouse Media
post #18 of 38 Old 09-05-2011, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

http://www.hometoys.com/news_detail_rss.php?id=15380771

Quote:
Pro Control
CEDIA EXPO 2011
Booth 3136

Pro Control
5775 12th Ave. E., Suite 180
Shakopee, MN 55379
USA

Pro Control Contact:
Mike Everett
General Manager
Tel: +1 (952) 224-5011
Email: Mikee@procontrol.com
Web: www.procontrol.com

Media Contact:
Veronica Esbona
Wall Street Communications
Tel: +1 (954) 392-6990
Email: veronica@wallstcom.com

Company Quote:
"The Pro Control brand is ready to launch and will begin shipping following CEDIA. The show provides us with a great opportunity to showcase these stylish and affordable control solutions, which are sure to make a big impact with integrators and consumers alike," said Mike Everett, general manager for Pro Control. "Visitors to our booth will experience our sleek, sophisticated PRO24.r and PRO24.z touch-screen controllers, powerful ProLink.r and ProLink.z processors, and our one-of-a-kind iPro.8 companion control for use with smartphones, tablets, and PCs. These solutions allow our dealers to provide their customers with unmatched control at a truly amazing value."

New and Stylish Pro Control Controllers and Processors Debuting at CEDIA EXPO 2011:

PRO24.r and PRO24.z Remote Controls
Sporting sleek, sophisticated designs, the PRO24.r and PRO24.z feature stunning high-resolution 2.4-inch LCD touch screens and programmable backlit hard buttons for intuitive operation even in a darkened room. Pro Control's easy-to-use, wizard-based software allows for extremely efficient programming for integrators while offering advanced control and unmatched customization. When paired with Pro Control's ProLink.r control processor, the PRO24.r displays powerful capabilities including macro storage and 433-MHz one-way RF communication for advanced control. Additional features include an Ethernet port and four adjustable IR routing ports. When paired with Pro Control's ProLink.z processor, the PRO24.z offers 2.4-GHz two-way Zigbee(R) communication, Ethernet control, and six IR routing ports. Both paired solutions feature two voltage-sensing inputs and support for Apple(R) iPad(R), iPhone(R), and iPod touch(R) applications. The PRO24.r (MSRP $249) and PRO24.z (MSRP $449) are targeted for release in September 2011.

Image Link: www.wallstcom.com/ProControl/Pro24.z.zip
Image Link: www.wallstcom.com/ProControl/Pro24.r.zip

ProLink.r and ProLink.z Central Control Processors
The powerful ProLink.r and ProLink.z processors are capable of taking full command of even the most complex electronic systems. They feature an abundance of control options, including routable IR ports with adjustable output strength, as well as two voltage-sensing inputs for improved management of connected devices. The ProLink.z processor with integrated 2.4-GHz Zigbee(R) antenna provides advanced control via six IR output ports, an Ethernet port for network control of a virtually unlimited number of devices, and two two-way RS-232 ports for bidirectional communication. The ProLink.r features an integrated 433-MHz RF antenna for one-way communication via the PRO24.r touch-screen controller.

For the ultimate control experience, both processors integrate with iPhone(R), iPod touch(R), iPad(R), or PC and are customizable via the wizard-based Pro Control software. The ProLink.r (MSRP $249) and ProLink.z (MSRP $449) are targeted for release in September 2011.

Image Link: www.wallstcom.com/ProControl/ProLink.z.zip
Image Link: www.wallstcom.com/ProControl/ProLink.r.zip

iPro.8 Companion Controller
Many consumers love using their tablet or smartphone as the primary controller for their electronics system. However, using such devices comes with a few limitations, including the lack of hard buttons for tactile control, connectivity issues, and the numerous screen swipes it takes to accomplish simple adjustments, such as turning down the volume on the TV. With these issues in mind, Pro Control has developed the affordable iPro.8 companion remote, which enables end users to add the convenience of a dedicated remote when combined with a tablet, smartphone, or PC.

A truly unique solution, the patent-pending iPro.8 remote works as an extension of the ProPanel App running on a smartphone, tablet, or PC. It gives users the hard buttons and tactile control to which they are accustomed, and it provides immediate access to common functions such as changing channels, controlling the volume, and adjusting the DVR. This stylish remote overcomes network-connectivity issues by using reliable RF technology for instantaneous communication, and it has been designed for use with any Pro Control processor with an activated ProPanel App.

Image Link: www.wallstcom.com/ProControl/iPro8-2.zip

Company Information:
Created by Remote Technologies Inc. (RTI), Pro Control is a new remote-control brand designed to meet the needs of electronic system professionals. The product line includes handheld remote controls, control processors, and advanced software for programming and integration. The stunningly elegant handheld remotes have color touch-screen displays and are completely customizable. They can act as stand-alone remotes or sync with control processors using IR, Zigbee(R), or RF communication. The control processors provide rock-solid reliability along with advanced features such as feedback from iPad(R) and iPod(R) devices, A/V receivers, lighting systems, HVAC systems, PC control systems, and more. Fast, wizard-based PC programming and cost-effective price points make Pro Control products the perfect solution for conference rooms, theaters, media rooms, and whole-house integration. Additional information on Pro Control and its innovative control solutions is available at www.procontrol.com.

All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGt6jtodJEc
post #19 of 38 Old 09-26-2011, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Just called them.... said it should be released next month. Unfortunately its going to be dealer installed only.
post #20 of 38 Old 11-03-2011, 08:09 PM

Any sign of these remotes? Still vaporware?
post #21 of 38 Old 11-04-2011, 07:21 PM

Got an email from Pro Control saying they aren't shipping yet:

Quote:

They are now in production though, so we are now closer than ever before. We made some sweeping performance advancements, and plan to release by January.

post #22 of 38 Old 01-08-2012, 07:51 AM

They have just started shipping now...
post #23 of 38 Old 01-09-2012, 04:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon-HD Install View Post

They have just started shipping now...

Are they shipping the ProLink.z and the iPro 8? Talked to their distributor on Friday and was told they were not shipping yet. It is the unit that is closest to Thinkflood's Redeye Pro but is less expensive and offers a physical remote as well. My biggest concern is that one might only be able to program it from Windows (a non-starter for me - I have no Windows systems in my environment and have no wish to add them).

Have you actually used one?
post #24 of 38 Old 01-09-2012, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

It is of course a Windows based configuration application. It is available to dealers right now. AFAIK the actual hardware is either shipping to distributors now or in the next week or so.

Every major CE development application is Windows based so why would ProControl be any different?
post #25 of 38 Old 01-12-2012, 10:36 PM

Liked: 16
I'm programming one right now for my home. I like the feel and look of it so far.
post #26 of 38 Old 02-10-2012, 11:47 AM

Anyone get them yet? Any initial impressions? My installer just got hold of one. Played with it for a few mins. He had nothing set up though. Coming from the harmony, the remote felt pretty receptive and quick in response.
post #27 of 38 Old 05-13-2012, 03:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I'm looking to replace my Harmony One remote, and this looks very similar. Right now my *ONLY* complaint with my Harmony (aside from the cracked screen) is that it can't fully control my PS3. I can mostly control it, but navigating the PS3 menu is difficult, and I can't use the remote to turn the PS3 on and off.

It appears that 24.z is $450, AND the ProLink.z is another $450. Everything I've read lumps the two together, and don't really go into what the remote by itself can do. As of now it seems like I HAVE to get the ProLink.z to have the same control that I do with the Harmony One.

Also, a few things I read said that the configuration software was for dealers only, which is a MAJOR deal breaker for me. There is a place in town here that sells high end remotes, and this sounds very much like what they sell, and they charge you $800 to program it the first time, and $250 for each time after.

Sean Hull

Denon 3808ci | PS3 80Gb | Harmony One | Toshiba XA2 | Samsung 61" PN60E6500EF | HTPC with HDMI

post #28 of 38 Old 05-13-2012, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 352
You just need a different IR adapter for your PS3. The remote doesn't really matter. Does this remote really control the PS3 without an adapter? Is it wise to spend more on a remote for your PS3 than for the PS3 itself? Have you considered another player that you can actually control, like the Sony 390?

If you don't want another harmony, I would get an Xsight and a 390 rather than a pro remote. There is also an inexpensive IR/BT PS3 adapter made for it as well that has full on/off control like the Logitech adapter. Pro remotes are for people who don't mind the price and are willing to pay for the programming.

post #29 of 38 Old 05-13-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

you considered another player that you can actually control, like the Sony 390?

Sorry if I sound stupid. What is Sony 390? Can't get any info by googling
post #30 of 38 Old 05-13-2012, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Bdp-s390

Reply Remote Control Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page